IGNORED

Manta Lab Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Manta Lab Exclusive #CP001) (WEA Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

extantsrevenge

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 6 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

Sadly I can confirm that the Comics Homage Edition will be ONLY available Direct at the Collecton Website and not anywhere else 😥. I have taken it out of the GB.

@Manticore4 @Danny4596 @antiapathetic @Boilersteel @bl4ck5t3r @Gremlins @Erica F @Straju02 @ncraft @acillatem @SwampSpider @Ryve @TisketPickNow @hanielle @AlexFlame116 @j harman @Kaneda @heisenberg @Gentleman sorry all, I took that edition out of your requests.

I think this is a bad move from Manta 😪.

@Straju02 @hanielle I will leave your 2nd OC for the moment, as you are both tier members we will see if it works, depending on the amount of requests we get.

giphy.gif

• Sad 9

@extantsrevenge Thanks for the news. For those of us who have been collecting for years we are having to get use to fewer total editions available and the hobby changing.

If it is meant to be it will be. I will have to remember to get to the Collectong 5am the 13th  🙂

Edited by acillatem
time correction
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, Billy Talent said:

thats pretty messed up by manta🤦‍♂️, I am assuming Blufans will be releasing this as well....they did great work with the first Doctor Strange
Best one is the comic FS imo, what to do ....what to do..🤔

That’s if they do disc less like this, they already said with the last Spider-Man they didn’t want to do disc less. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm in :)

Gone for the Double Lenti as it looks fantastic

I'll join the sad crew with the Comic version but still the DL is a good second so I'll just be happy to have that & another Premium MCU in the collection

If only they could have included the 3D disc as well then I'd be one seriously happy camper lol

Hopefully this will be the start of a whole load more of the MCU...been too long since the last ones :(

Thanks all for arranging again

Neil

• Like 11

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

SOME NEWS

So i just had a very interesting talk with John over at Mantalab.  

First off he apologizes for any hard feelings that might have been caused due to this recent event of marketing that slip for on site purchase only.  He has reassured me it was NOT his intention to make anyone feel sad about this discision it was just something they had always wanted to do and now was the opportunity to follow through with this type of Marketing.

Guys lets be realistic here , EVERYONE does this at some point or to some degree, companies are evolving and trying to find better ways to move their product to old as well as new potential customers ,  you have to do something to expand your base.  

He also stated that he respects all the members supporting their brand for a long time.  

He has reassured me that this is a ONE TIME deal and that the near future releases will not be done like this.

He regrets not having considered the full impact this might have to some of our members and actually to other GB hosts members as well. 

Guys this is not me talking FOR John or anyone at Manta or Collectong , this is just me relaying my interpretation of a conversation i had with John about this matter.  I have relayed the interpreted information to the best of my knowledge.

With this said , let us continue to show Manta our support here at MP and around the globe !

Thanks for your attention !

John (MB)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 22

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

SOME NEWS

First off he apologizes for any hard feelings that might have been caused due to this recent event of marketing that slip for on site purchase only.  He has reassured me it was NOT his intention to make anyone feel sad about this discision it was just something they had always wanted to do and now was the opportunity to follow through with this type of Marketing.

Guys lets be realistic here , EVERYONE does this at some point or to some degree, companies are evolving and trying to find better ways to move their product to old as well as new potential customers ,  you have to do something to expand your base.  

He also stated that he respects all the members supporting their brand for a long time.  

He has reassured me that this is a ONE TIME deal and that the near future releases will not be done like this.

He regrets not having considered the full impact this might have to some of our members and actually to other GB hosts members as well. 

Guys this is not me talking FOR John or anyone at Manta or Collectong , this is just me relaying my interpretation of a conversation i had with John about this matter.  I have relayed the interpreted information to the best of my knowledge.

With this said , let us continue to show Manta our support here at MP and around the globe !

John (MB)

Thanks John -

Personally while I'm dismayed I have to try my luck with their site's pre-orders to get this edition, I totally get the idea from a marketing perspective and they are far from the only Premium retailer to have experimented with something like this.

They still have my support and, in particular, I'm excited by the possibilities the CP line has to offer.

Gary K

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

SOME NEWS

John (MB)

Thanks for the info there John, to be honest I'm not a particularly active collector unlike some of you so was not actually aware of any issues surrounding Manta but nice to see they are taking criticism on board & have reached out to make amends

Looking forward to more MCU from them in the future...now if you could just ask them if there is anyway that they could start including the 3D discs from the more recent films that are available from Amazon Japan That would be great 😂

Neil

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Awards

7 hours ago, acillatem said:

@extantsrevenge Thanks for the news. For those of us who have been collecting for years we are having to get use to fewer total editions available and the hobby changing.

If it is meant to be it will be. I will have to remember to get to the Collectong 5pm the 14th  🙂

5 pm? If only my time zone was that cooperative! LOL. My local time is 5am. The awful part is that success isn't guaranteed...

• Like 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
32 minutes ago, AlexFlame116 said:

I'm not fussed about the website only release. Just gotta be sharp! 

Though I would have preferred going through MP to get the mpc slips, I went Direct just in case, because of the confusion. :😮 

Thank you John for the news!

What do you mean you went direct “because of the confusion” out of curiosity?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gary K said:

What do you mean you went direct “because of the confusion” out of curiosity?

Oh! When I was signing up people were confused cause it said that the comic version would be via Collectong only but we had the option to request one here. 

So clicked on Direct just to be safe lol.

• Like 2

Awards