Media Psychos World Cup 2022 Prediction Game/Challenge

extantsrevenge

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Funny Story I had my prediction at a draw 1:1 for the Mexico vs Polen Game and then I changed it 5 minutes before to 2:1 because we had a draw before already....

squirrel GIF

I think this is the worst start for me ever on such a game 😱 at least I'm in good company at place 60 with @cypheria078 @Pbsw23 @R1s1ngs0n 😜

Congratulations to @mamaragan for an impressive Gameday 1 victory.

@raylight I set the extra points for predicting a draw a little higher as it is much harder to predict a draw than a winning team. If members don't like that I can adjust for the future games.

Motivation for today to finally catch up

giphy.gif

And don't forget to place your predictions for the games today, still some Psychos missing.

• Haha 7

vor einer Stunde schrieb extantsrevenge:

@raylight I set the extra points for predicting a draw a little higher as it is much harder to predict a draw than a winning team. If members don't like that I can adjust for the future games.

Nils, no, please not for me. In the end, having fun is much more important than 1st place in tip game (for me). Especially in this year "special politic extraordinary strange" world cup. ;)

Just for the others to understand what I mean:

Katar vs. Ecuador >> some tipped the exact result with 0:2 and gained 7 points

Denmark - Tunesia >> some tipped a draw, e.g. 1:1 but game ended 0:0 and gained 13 points wich is nearly double points than in the exact tip of other game. 🙄

This might be "unfair" or better say "much more difficult" to catch up someone with a higher ranking in the scoreboard.

But, as I said, please dont change it. Especially not for me ! I often make tips which are perhaps not the most "popular" so good chance for me to gain some extra points. 😁😄

Lets see what team "Beer-Bratwurst-Brezel" do today against team "Sushi-Sake". 😂

germany.jpg.9ee8352b4dde51350b3d05a190d7f1cc.jpg  vs  japan2.jpg.279f8e22bea73155f0b53519de6e27a4.jpg

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

@raylight now I understand the confusion. Most of the points 4-10 are decided from the game site based on how the group is placing tips. So for the Katar vs Equador game the site had a point rule of 8-6-4 meaning that if Quador would win only 4 points are give + 1-3 extra points (for getting score differens, winning team or exact result right). The majority of the members predicted Equador to win so that is why it had the lowest amount of points.

On the Denmark - Tunesia most thought it would be a clear vitory for Denmark so the site engine allocated 10 Points for a draw or Tunesia victory. So members could have secured up to 15 points (including extra points) if they got the tie right.

According to the site this point system is supposed to be more fun and the most popular. With the old system we played in the Euro it was possible to manipulate the game by only choosing a certain prediction each time, which now is no longer a way to victory.

With the new system it is also supposed to be easier to catch up when you are down the list. Not really seeing that yet, but the 2nd Game day might show us different.

Anyway like you said it is about having

funny-fun-fun-fun.gif

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

YEAH, so happy that Germany lost 🤣.

As I mentioned I don't follow any football (aside from Euro or World Cup) and I actually lost faith in the German team a few years ago, but since I'm German I had hoped that they finally would start to be good again. 1st halftime was so boring and getting a penalty handed to them and then doing nothing to make a real goal was just a disgrace.

When Japan made the 1:1 I was really excited and then 1:2 for Japan

Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

As I mentioned I don't follow any football (aside from Euro or World Cup) and I actually lost faith in the German team a few years ago, but since I'm German I had hoped that they finally would start to be good again. 1st halftime was so boring and getting a penalty handed to them and then doing nothing to make a real goal was just a disgrace.

Sad Baby GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

HDzeta <=> "mannschaft deutschland" LOL :D

• Haha 5

I predicted a draw for this match and held hope the Germans would score an equalizer in the last minutes (as they usually do).

This result means I slumped even further in the rankings and now sit practically at the bottom, yet I’m not too worried.

I’m pretty confident as the tournament advances to the elimination stages, you will see a certain baguette make a thunderous comeback 😬

3969cd13-3cbe-4426-ae6e-d6990d62c369_tex

• Haha 9

European teams or others full of players from big European teams have a problem: they spend all day playing PS and going to the hairdresser, and when they face a team that runs and stresses them out a bit they get depressed and lose.

And they don't understand it.

They look at the stands looking for daddy, to ask him to fix it, they look at the grass with their heads down, and they don't understand it.

- Let's see: we have come in a luxury bus, we are wearing expensive T-shirts and boxer shorts, we have many followers on Twitter and Instagram, and also, from time to time, we jog a little on the grass and people applaud us . And sometimes we even win Champions among ourselves and we take a lot of photos. What could have gone wrong?

I don't understand.

Is it the hairstyle? Should I change any of my 35 advisors?

• Haha 6