IGNORED

Media Psychos World Cup 2022 Prediction Game/Challenge

extantsrevenge

11 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

You have to love these ties. Inevitably my wife will ask me who won and I hate answering ā€œno oneā€

Ā 

Anyway, could someone help me out with something? What do these numbers mean?

Ā 

h6oesfh.jpg

Believe it or not, those are the odds (in some weird incarnation) But clearly they are meaningless as evidenced by these results.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Ā 

So looking at the England/USA game is that the odds against 1 for an England win/USA win/tie? Is that how it's read?

I donā€™t totally understand it. Not sure if German odds are different to what I am used to, but essentially the lowest number is supposed to be the most likely outcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Ā 

So looking at the England/USA game is that the odds against 1 for an England win/USA win/tie? Is that how it's read?

I donā€™t totally understand it. Not sure if German odds are different to what I am used to, but essentially the lowest number is supposed to be the most likely outcome.

Ā 

For example, if you placed a $1 bet on the draw tonight, you would have won $4. If you placed $1 on England to win and if they had have won, you would have won $1.55. Make sense?

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

Ā 

For example, if you placed a $1 bet on the draw tonight, you would have won $4. If you placed $1 on England to win and if they had have won, you would have won $1.55. Make sense?

Ā 

Ah, ok. So the draw is the middle number? That's mostly what I was trying to figure out - which number corresponded to which result.

• Like 1

Just now, GuyIncognit0 said:

Ā 

Ah, ok. So the draw is the middle number? That's mostly what I was trying to figure out - which number corresponded to which result.

I canā€™t say with complete certainty as this is different to what I would expect to see on an English app, but it is certainly my interpretation of it given my knowledge (for what itā€™s worth) on betting on Football games. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Ā 

Then, take a look at where I am in the table for this particular prediction game, and you will realise that you should do the opposite of what these odds and I say šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I canā€™t say with complete certainty as this is different to what I would expect to see on an English app, but it is certainly my interpretation of it given my knowledge (for what itā€™s worth) on betting on Football games. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Ā 

Then, take a look at where I am in the table for this particular prediction game, and you will realise that you should do the opposite of what these odds and I say šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Hmm...now that I look at the rankings...

Ā 

200.gif

Ā 

Maybe I'll only seek your advice on full slips from now onĀ šŸ˜‰

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Also Left is always ā€œHomeā€ team, middle for the draw and right for the ā€œAwayā€ team.

Ā 

This is super helpful, thanks!Ā šŸ‘

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• ā˜… Administrators ā˜…

When I look at my position in the ranking

sad-crying.gif

somehow everything goes wrong šŸ˜Ŗ. Is it because of my total lack of interest in soccer, or because I have not read any info about the teams at all for this tournement šŸ¤”. I'm sure I will make a comeback on Gameday 4

giphy.gif

Ā 

• Haha 11

41 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

sad-crying.gif

somehow everything goes wrong šŸ˜Ŗ. Is it because of my total lack of interest in soccer, or because I have not read any info about the teams at all for this tournement šŸ¤”. I'm sure I will make a comeback on Gameday 4

giphy.gif

Ā 

Ā 

Sad Season 2 GIF by The Boys

55 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

sad-crying.gif

giphy.gif

Ā 

I feel your pain Nils. This is the easily the worst I have Ever done in any form of Dreamteam/Predictor game. ā˜¹ļø
Ā 

Onward and Upwards.

Ā 

giphy.gif

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

For me too. It's one train wreck after another.

de1.gif

Iā€™m already doubting my choices for Bonus points. Hard to see past Mbappe and France right now.Ā 
Ā 

At least my early predictions around this England squad appeared closer to the mark after last nights game.
Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

Not sure if thatā€™s a good thing or a bad thing mind you... Bring back the Premier League!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

56 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@RileyLadĀ Duuuuuuuudeeeeā€¦. You are on FIRE Son!!
Ā 

giphy.gif
Ā 

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼

Ā 

54 minutes ago, Veum said:

Our friend @RileyLadĀ Ā is onā€¦

Ā 

šŸ”„Ā šŸ‘ŠĀ šŸ™Œ

Burning Daft Punk GIF

Ā 

Ā 

Little help....

l0HlCD37sRinmhGyA.gif.50e659fd5745860b12a8600fd602f693.gif

Ā 

had a couple of good daysšŸ‘

Ā 

Long way to go yet šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

@RileyLadĀ Duuuuuuuudeeeeā€¦. You are on FIRE Son!!
Ā 

giphy.gif
Ā 

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼

Ā 

That wasnā€™t a GIF btw, that was a Live feed from the race track in which @RileyLadĀ is not only steaming through the competitionā€¦

giphy.gif

Ā 

ā€¦heā€™s setting record scores in the process!

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

45 points in a round and up 39 places!!! Iā€™m Certain this has Never been done before on MP Predictors šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘ŠšŸ¼

Ā 

giphy.gif
Ā 

@extantsrevengeĀ Take note of the date and scores. I think this record will stand up for a Loooooooooong time. šŸ‘šŸ¼

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Reagh said:

I think heā€™s getting help from somewhereĀ šŸ¤”

Ā 

A1DDDD1C-688A-45B6-884F-133646CD5723.thumb.jpeg.c2803916b65699e5319caec0b8b603ae.jpeg

Iā€™ve been through all of @extantsrevengeĀ rules with a fine tooth comb,Ā 

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

and there isnā€™t Anything in there about the use of Ouija boards. šŸ˜²

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

Or Time Machines!! But Perhaps @RileyLadĀ way is best. Personally IĀ thought I had found a solid loop hole, my dog on the other hand once again said Iā€™m an idiot. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Ā 

giphy.gif

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

Iā€™ve been through all of @extantsrevengeĀ rules with a fine tooth comb,Ā 

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

and there isnā€™t Anything in there about the use of Ouija board. šŸ˜²

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

Or Time Machines!! But Perhaps @RileyLadĀ way is best. Personally IĀ thought I had found a solid loop hole, my dog on the other hand once again said Iā€™m an idiot. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

Maybe he consulted a wicked witch & her flying monkeysĀ šŸ¤£

Ā 

Wizard Of Oz Film GIFĀ Wizard Of Oz Monkeys GIF

Ā 

Or maybe even the wizard himselfā€¦ possibly also the munchkins themselvesĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Wizard Of Oz GIFĀ Wizard Of Oz GIF

• Haha 8