Jump to content
IGNORED

Media Psychos World Cup 2022 Prediction Game/Challenge


extantsrevenge

Recommended Posts

  • ★ Administrators ★

 goal-hockey-goal.gif

@★ Platinum Psycho ★ @★ GOLD Psycho ★ @★ Members ★

 

Yes you heard me

giphy.gif

It seems another football event is starting soon. So we thought it would be fun to have a

Media Psychos World Cup Challenge!

soccer_001_v001.gif.085e14c7ba4d0da2007477b98f1c92ae.gif

 

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar is starting on November 20th and is running until December 18th.

 

I have created a online prediction game and I invite every Psycho (or up to 300, since that is the allowed limit 😜)to play with us.

giphy.gif

 

The Game is available is several languages to make it easier for more Psychos to join the competition.

 

Everyone who wants to play can use one of the following links to do so. Choose the language you are most comfortable with.

 

IMPORTANT please use your forum name when you register, so that we know who is playing. If your username is longer than the allowed characters, simply enter as much as possible.

 

English registration: https://www.kicktipp.com/mpworldcup22/

 

German registration: https://www.kicktipp.de/mpworldcup22/

 

French registration: https://www.kicktipp.fr/mpworldcup22/

 

Italian registration: https://www.kicktipp.it/mpworldcup22/

 

Spanish registration: https://www.kicktipp.es/mpworldcup22/

 

All participating Psychos that predict a certain amount of games will receive a cool Award (to be revealed later) at the end of the world cup.

 

Even when you have no clue about football or soccer whichever you want to call it 😅 you can still play.

546x307?v=v2

 

giphy.gif

 

pugs-playing-soccer.gif

 

an crown yourself the Media Psychos World Cup Challenge Champion!

 

Check out the next post for some short summary of the rules.

  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ★ Administrators ★

The Game is very easy and anyone can play. Register (with your MP username) and then you simply predict the final score you belive will be the endresult for each game.

 

Predictions for each game can be entered until that game is starting.

 

Make sure you also enter your predictions for the extra questions that are available. These can only be entered until the first game of the World Cub is starting, so make sure you don't forget to predict these as they can give you valuable extra points.

 

Also be aware that the Prediction mode is:

 

- Predicting the exact result.

- The result "after penalties" will be applied.

 

Make aure you no longer predict any draws as soon as the group phase of the tournament is over. Because no draws are possible after that. Which also means that the games can then end with a higher goal count when we enter penalities.

 

To make the game more exciting the majority of points will be distributed based on:

 

- The points depend on the quota, which results from the predictions within the community.

 

You will also be able to get bonus points as well:

- The right goal difference, or the right result, can be rewarded additionally.

 

If you are unsure how this works make sure you read all the info provided on the game site. or check out our previous European Cup Challenge here, which has further explanations.

 

If you still have questions ask here and I'm sure some helpful Psycho will answer. I will be unable to do all alone (as we have lots of stuff going on on MP), so I'm hopeful that enough Psychos play who can help out other Psychos if neccessary.

 

soccer_007_v001.gif.d7133951e498026a8879d2e4494ec8a2.gif

 

Another special and heartfelt thank you goes to @raylight who is always ready and willing to help. He creates all those wonderful gifs & videos you see around the site for our events and awards.

  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

The Game is very easy and anyone can play. Register (with your MP username) and then you simply predict the final score you belive will be the endresult for each game.

 

Predictions for each game can be entered until that game is starting.

 

Make sure you also enter your predictions for the extra questions that are available. These can only be entered until the first game of the World Cub is starting, so make sure you don't forget to predict these as they can give you valuable extra points.

 

Also be aware that the Prediction mode is:

 

- Predicting the exact result.

- The result "after penalties" will be applied.

 

Make aure you no longer predict any draws as soon as the group phase of the tournament is over. Because no draws are possible after that. Which also means that the games can then end with a higher goal count when we enter penalities.

 

To make the game more exciting the majority of points will be distributed based on:

 

- The points depend on the quota, which results from the predictions within the community.

 

You will also be able to get bonus points as well:

- The right goal difference, or the right result, can be rewarded additionally.

 

If you are unsure how this works make sure you read all the info provided on the game site. or check out our previous European Cup Challenge here, which has further explanations.

 

If you still have questions ask here and I'm sure some helpful Psycho will answer. I will be unable to do all alone (as we have lots of stuff going on on MP), so I'm hopeful that enough Psychos play who can help out other Psychos if neccessary.

 

soccer_007_v001.gif.d7133951e498026a8879d2e4494ec8a2.gif

 

Another special and heartfelt thank you goes to @raylight who is always ready and willing to help. He creates all those wonderful gifs & videos you see around the site for our events and awards.

Conception discussion

 

"We need a way to stave off draws, they're boring and not allowed here 🚫 "

 

"Hmm okay sure.... well perhaps adding 1 goal to the score of the winner of any penalty shootout might be a fun thing and allow people to accidentally get their score prediction right.."

 

"Yes! Orrrrr we could ask people to calculate how many penalties will be scored pre-match, in a game that may or may not go to penalties, and then get them to add that to the actual result!!"

 

I Like It Good Job GIF

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • ★ Administrators ★
16 minutes ago, V303 said:

Conception discussion

 

"We need a way to stave off draws, they're boring and not allowed here 🚫 "

 

"Hmm okay sure.... well perhaps adding 1 goal to the score of the winner of any penalty shootout might be a fun thing and allow people to accidentally get their score prediction right.."

 

"Yes! Orrrrr we could ask people to calculate how many penalties will be scored pre-match, in a game that may or may not go to penalties, and then get them to add that to the actual result!!"

 

I Like It Good Job GIF

 

 

 

 

In the group rounds you can predict draws, since they are possible. After that you should no longer do so, since they actually can't happen.

 

If you think a game in the final rounds witll be decided only after penalties then you should add all goals you think will happen to your prediction.

 

The game site allows a few small changes to how you want to play it, but certain things like specific extra rules are not possible.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

In the group rounds you can predict draws, since they are possible. After that you should no longer do so, since they actually can't happen.

 

If you think a game in the final rounds witll be decided only after penalties then you should add all goals you think will happen to your prediction.

 

The game site allows a few small changes to how you want to play it, but certain things like specific extra rules are not possible.

My post was a bit of fun and in jest.

 

I accept the rules and will be playing along 😁

 

Thanks to those who organised! Legends!

 

Although I do think there should be a special prize for anyone who gets a score right with penalties added 😉 😀 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • ★ Administrators ★
17 minutes ago, V303 said:

Although I do think there should be a special prize for anyone who gets a score right with penalties added 😉 😀 

I have set the point distribution so that anyone who is predicting the correct result will get 3 bonus points. 1 bonus point if you have the correct winning team or the correct goal difference.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Casiusco said:

@extantsrevenge The Spanish version link needs a little update: .es

 

But I think it's not a problem anyway ;)

 

I'm already in!

Updated.

 

We are at 44 players currently, not to many German members..... is our team so bad? I have not been following any football since the European Cup 😅.

 

Thanks to everyone who already joined I hope we get more participants in the coming days. I will most likely post a participation list in my second post in the next few days (simply so I can copy the names for tip reminders during the the game).  Not sure if I recognize all the names 🤔.

 

Sonnie who are you here on MP?

 

soccer_002_v002.gif.17f9f9eef6cc94f54e43013b5514e664.gif

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy