Media Psychos World Cup 2022 Prediction Game/Challenge

extantsrevenge

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@GuyIncognit0 @Veum You guys are worried about a game ending in a “draw” (Draw/Tie, Football/Soccer 😂👍🏼) when it’s only been going for 35mins???!! 😳😂😂😂

Obviously No guarantees in Football, but I’ll be Amazed if this plays out another hour without realising a winner or goals. 😁

@Pbsw23 oh I see, it is not over yet! 🤣

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@GuyIncognit0 @Veum You guys are worried about a game ending in a “draw” (Draw/Tie, Football/Soccer 😂👍🏼) when it’s only been going for 35mins???!! 😳😂😂😂

Obviously No guarantees in Football, but I’ll be Amazed if this plays out another hour without realising a winner or goals. 😁

Confused Star Wars GIF

I've already made it known that I have no idea what's going on 🤣

Why is the score already under "Result" on the prediction page???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Luck to all of our Team USA Psychos! I’ve said it here previously, but Tyler Adams (c) and Brendan Aaronson both play for my club, so I am watching on with great interest. That are both pretty special players with big futures. Josh Sergeant also plays for the club/city in which I live and all my friends support.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Good Luck to all of our Team USA Psychos! I’ve said it here previously, but Tyler Adams (c) and Brendan Aaronson both play for my club, so I am watching on with great interest. That are both pretty special players with big futures. Josh Sergeant also plays for the club/city in which I live and all my friends support.

@Pbsw23 I’m interested on, do you have any pics of you and your friends maybe in the Pubs celebrating 🥳 football ️ and the town you reside in or any town(s) you visit with your friends huh? 🧐  

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Veum said:

@Pbsw23 I’m interested on, do you have any pics of you and your friends maybe in the Pubs celebrating 🥳 football ️ huh? 🧐  

Not In the last 20years or so 🤣😂

I am Far too much of a live in the moment kind of guy. I very rarely have my phone out to capture moments, plus the way us English celebrate you’d be lucky not to drop your phone and have a bunch of guys spill beer and jump all over it 😂😂

I may have some Oldschool photographs in the loft from house parties during France 98 World Cup or Euro 2000, but nothing really like that on my phone etc.

Italia 90 World Cup is the first one I can really recall but was a kid with Gazza famously crying. USA 94 England failed to qualify for, but I still recall owning and loving the computer game at that time and Alexi Lalas becoming known to the world with his wild beard and hair. 🤘🏼😂

Euro 96 is a fondly remembered tournament by us English as we were the hosts, taking the tournament by storm only to then famously lose by penalties to Germany. Again, I was a touch too young to be seriously “revelling” at this stage but watched the games with great enthusiasm and the odd cheeky underaged beer.

Roll on 2 years and my best mate and I were picked up by the Police after an England game in France 98 for being a bit over enthusiastic with our celebrations 😁 I left the Pub with a beer table Parasol (3 of us did) spinning it and singing after beating Columbia 2-0. They cautioned me with “Theft by Finding” because I said I found it and they couldn’t prove I’d actually just run away with it 😂 It was all innocent and high spirited stuff really and the Police were good about it all. After giving me a ticking off, they kicked me out at 3am slightly sobered by the experience and 5miles from home. My mate (who was a little worse for wear) spent the night and got a lift home, but had the Police car drop him off at my house so that his Mother didn’t see/find out 😂

Then in Euro 2000, my mates and I had a lot of house parties, and 3 of us worked at our local bowling alley at the time. England beat age old arch rivals Germany 1-0.  Naturally wild celebrations ensued. I was wearing my England flag around my neck like a cape (most of us were) and someone said “Let’s go to the Bowl!” So now you have 6 or 7 drunks lads in full on England shirts, Flags and facepaint marching onto the alley. Only me being me, I had to take one step further. I borrowed my friends mothers washing line pole, fastened my flag to it and marched not only down the street waving it and receiving plenty of celebratory honks of car horns at the sight of us, but I even continued to wave it proudly up and down the bowling alley aisles! 🤣🤣😂😂

There is No way I would get away with that kind of behaviour today, but as I say we worked there and knew most of the people in there. Fortunately most people saw the funny side and only encouraged us.

Those were the days…. 😂🍻

Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup saw England kicking off at bizarre times in the morning, and we would be in our local pub at 6am drinking beer, then all stuffing down a full English breakfast at half time before continuing to drink and party. That was a wild tournament in which we were even 1-0 up on Brazil! Needless to say that was our last game of that tournament after they turned us over 2-1.

After that one they have been more subdued. Don’t get me wrong, there are many many fond memories across many tournaments where England are concerned, taking in the games with friends. I caught sun stroke from too much partying in the sunshine in 2014, but there are certainly less Pub visits these days and more home get togethers with BBQ etc. Shame this one is in Winter, as we are more unlikely to all get together for these matches.

But in answer to your initial question, there is very little evidence. Which is probably a good thing 😂🍻

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

Not In the last 20years or so 🤣😂

I am Far too much of a live in the moment kind of guy. I very rarely have my phone out to capture moments, plus they way us English celebrate you’d be lucky not to drop your phone and have a bunch of guys spill beer and jump all over it 😂😂

I may have some Oldschool photographs in the loft from house parties during France 98 World Cup or Euro 2000, but nothing really like that on my phone etc.

Italia 90 World Cup is the first one I can really recall but was a kid with Gazza famously crying. USA 94 England failed to qualify for, but I still recall owning and loving the computer game at that time and Alexi Lalas becoming known to the world with his wild beard and hair. 🤘🏼😂

Euro 96 is a fondly remembered tournament by us English as we were the hosts, taking the tournament by storm only to then famously lose by penalties to Germany. Again, I was a touch too young to be seriously “revelling” at this stage but watched the games with great enthusiasm and the odd cheeky underaged beer.

Roll on 2 years and my best mate and I were picked up by the Police after an England game in France 98 for being a bit over enthusiastic with our celebrations 😁 I left the Pub with a beer table Parasol (3 of us did) spinning it and singing after beating Columbia 2-0. They cautioned me with “Theft by Finding” because I said I found it and they couldn’t prove I’d actually just run away with it 😂 It was all innocent and high spirited stuff really and the Police were good about it all. After giving me a ticking off, they kicked me out at 3am slightly sobered by the experience and 5miles from home. My mate (who was a little worse for wear) spent the night and got a lift home, but had the Police car drop him off at my house so that his Mother didn’t see/find out 😂

Then in Euro 2000, my mates and I had a lot of house parties, and 3 of us worked at our local bowling alley at the time. England beat age old arch rivals Germany 1-0.  Naturally wild celebrations ensued. I was wearing my England flag around my neck like a cape (most of us were) and someone said “Let’s go to the Bowl!” So now you have 6 or 7 drunks lads in full on England shirts, Flags and facepaint marching onto the alley. Only me being me, I had to take one step further. I stole my friends mothers washing line pole, fastened my flag to it and marched not only down the street waving it and receiving plenty of celebratory honks of car horns at the sight of us, but I even continued to wave it proudly up and down the bowling alley aisles! 🤣🤣😂😂

There is No way I would get away with that kind of behaviour today, but as I say we worked there and knew most of the people in there. Fortunately most people saw the funny side and only encouraged us.

Those were the days…. 😂🍻

Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup saw England kicking off at bizarre times in the morning, and we would be in our local pub at 6am drinking beer, then all stuffing down a full English breakfast at half time before continuing to drink and party. That was a wild tournament in which we were even 1-0 up on Brazil! Needless to say that was our last game of that tournament after they turned us over 2-1.

After that one they have been more subdued. Don’t get me wrong, there are many many fond memories across many tournaments where England are concerned, taking in the games with friends. I caught sun stroke from too much partying in the sunshine in 2014, but there are certainly less Pub visits these days and more home get togethers with BBQ etc. Shame this one is in Winter, as we are more unlikely to all get together for these matches.

But in answer to your initial question, there is very little evidence. Which is probably a good thing 😂🍻

slap gtfo GIF tv land no more excuses GIF by YoungerTV

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Veum said:

slap gtfo GIF tv land no more excuses GIF by YoungerTV

I should imagine the whole of my Village heard me celebrate in May this year when my team stayed up on the last day of the season. 😂 It was a Hot day and I was out in my garden with a few cold ones and the match on the radio.

One particular beer barely had a sip taken out of it before it was launched into the air in celebration of the most important goal of our season, and I took off doing a lap of honour round the garden as If I had scored myself 😂😂

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Ah, man. You hate to see the US avoid the win because if a bone-headed penalty.

I hate ties. Everything just seems so…unfinished.

You’re right what a bone-headed penalty USA 🇺🇸

no way they Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 are going to miss that freebie blah blah 😑 

Jeremy Clarkson Shut Up GIF by DriveTribe

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

giphy.gif

Who saw this one coming?! 😁 Still a way to go yet, but 2-1 Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Drama in Buenos Aires.

The year they arrive thinking of winning the World Cup, unbeaten since 2019, they lose to Saudi Arabia.

And what is worse: they started winning!!! 😲

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Drama in Buenos Aires.

The year they arrive thinking of winning the World Cup, unbeaten since 2019, they lose to Saudi Arabia.

And what is worse: they started winning!!! 😲

Soooooo many people have backed them to win the World Cup it’s an amazing story! It was a great game to watch.

But of course, in 1990 Argentina and Maradona lost their first game and still went on to make the Final. You just never know with Football 😊👍🏼

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Soooooo many people have backed them to win the World Cup it’s an amazing story! It was a great game to watch.

But of course, in 1990 Argentina and Maradona lost their first game and still went on to make the Final. You just never know with Football 😊👍🏼

Yes, but then they had Maradona. Today no one appeared. 

Just I wonder what Maradona would say to them right now...

They would probably have to go to the Maldives, dig a very deep hole, and hide.

Either they fix this by winning the two games they still have in the group, or they better not come back Argentina. Supporters will eat them.

• Haha 3