IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

3 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🤠 🎬 📺 Thank you @Fortis93 for this excellent challenge my friend! :) 👍 😎

WEEKLY CHALLENGE #23

BEST OF THE BEST

I bet you can not figure out my fav genre , huh 😂 😆 😛 

When I was a wee lad I was mesmerized by what I was watching on the boobtube … the gunfights, the masked man with his sidekick, the beautiful women and landscapes… just kept me interested till this day❣️

My fav genre is the mighty WESTERNS 🤠

image.jpeg.6b5ca09b12d9f3ec9ba67bcaa79063ff.jpeg

The Lone Ranger/The Big Valley TV shows got me started along with what in our area was called Coffee Cup theatre that had many Westerns shows through the week 📺 

image.jpeg.95cc5d00d836aad5b6c2798d55832750.jpeg

Some of my 5 fav are:

- The Big Valley (TV)

- The Outlaw Josey Wales

- Hang ‘Em High

- Jesse James (1939)

- The Lone Ranger (TV)

3684C3A3-04A0-454F-AF75-FC21F4B560A5.thumb.jpeg.99dd0b517040f5c8e781c69e94c60208.jpeg

My dad got me into westerns and Hang em High was one we watched a lot together. It’s one that doesn’t get talked about as often as other Clint Eastwood movies, let alone the western genre, but I’ll always love it because of those early memories with my dad. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WEEKLY CHALLENGE #23

BEST OF THE BEST

Thank you @Fortis93 for this thrilling challenge. This will be a perfect chance for me to mention some of the usual suspects (again!) on my all-time favourites list.

My favourite genre is undoubtedly Thriller (more precisely, psychological thriller)! I just love a movie experience where you can be kept on your toes and caught off guard by every twist and turn, while trying to make sense of everything. (I'm not a fan of thrillers that use jumpscares though, cuz I'm one of the faint-hearted.😅)

Here are my 5 picks:
1. Gone Girl
2. The Prestige
3. Confessions
4. Mulholland Drive
5. Dexter (TV)

Challenge23.thumb.jpg.f318e6e46141e531fd6401c299cdb601.jpg

The film that made me fall in love with psychological thrillers would be The Prestige, the second Nolan film I've watched following the Inception success in China, which was about when I started to seek out Nolan's other works.

• Like 17

Awards

Sadly, I cannot post any submissions for Challenge 22 - Adaptations. My collection of books and novels has been digitized for many years now, for considerations of space. I thought I might be able to find some video game adaptations instead, but I didn't realize how few physical games I actually own 🤣. Again...space. I have more adaptations than source materials, unfortunately, so there we are. So, on to...

CHALLENGE 23 - BEST OF THE BEST

(thank you @Fortis93 for a great challenge!)

This one was tough for me to decide upon, only because I like a few genres almost equally. My top two genres being Science Fiction and Horror. However, my earliest  first love was always Science Fiction, so I went with that. Sci-Fi allows for so much storytelling and imagination that the possibilities are nearly endless. Exploration of the unknown, whether it be Outer Space or the deepest depths, has always fascinated me. So many great stories have already been told, and there are many more still to tell.

My five favorite films or series are:

Star Trek: The Next Generation

20230226_121226.thumb.jpg.012df246105e6f998cbba44e8f1b0d56.jpg

Star Wars

20230226_121012.thumb.jpg.633846c2d9112deb752b9eddc3be6d3c.jpg

Jurassic Park

20230226_120749.thumb.jpg.a4bb7b002b57542b2e7c6556f2cbf26d.jpg

Alien Franchise

20230226_120812.thumb.jpg.3884764daa062c5419b4e5b258c920af.jpg

20230226_120942.thumb.jpg.ad68b23353c63019121f480358e46e26.jpg

The series that made me fall in love with science fiction is, of course, the aforementioned Star Trek: TNG. I still remember watching this on network TV every Sunday night with my mom. Although she grew up with TOS, and I didnt care for it at all, we both still bonded over TNG.

• Like 20

Sorry for the delay, but I've been travelling for work, and it's not possible to take photos when you're not at home. And obviously I don't send anyone to go and take pictures of my beloved editions, so don't even think of them getting their grubby little paws on them!

I'll try to catch up, if possible.

Challenge #21. Love is in the air.,

Thank you, @Blu Magic Ray

20230226-224739.jpg

1. The Break Up (In spanish "Separados") (Peyton Reed, 2006). An underrated film, funny, romantic but at the same time with some touches of realism, and an authentic ending.

2. Frankie & Johnny (Garry Marshall). This film is worth it just for the main characters. I am very fond of it.

3. Lovers of the Artic Circle (In spanish "Los amantes del Círculo Polar") (Julio Medem, 1998). In my opinion, one of the best Spanish films of the last 30 years. Romantic and very well made. Medem is a talented director who had some very good years, and then for some reason he faded away.

4. Cold War (Pavel Pawlikowski, 2018). A marvellous film, delicate and convincing; subtle and elegant. And at the same time rough, like war. I have been an absolute fan of this film ever since I saw it one cold night alone in an arthouse cinema in my city. When I came out everything I saw was in black and white.

5. Before Midnight (In spanish "Antes del anochecer") Antes del anochecer (Richard Linklater, 2013). Actually, I could include the whole trilogy here. As I know that nobody will read this paragraph, I can say something openly that will be a secret for the few who get here: impossible stories, lived in a short span of time, that person you come across at a given moment, in a place where nobody should stay, are the best. And it's a great third film in a very good trilogy. Hopefully a fourth one will come.

¿My favourite romantic movie?

Cold War and the Before Trilogy are great, but for me the best is "In the mood for love". True romantic, achieves something unprecedented and almost impossible: to make something poetic as well as realistic. That glances. Holes in the wall. I love it. 

• Like 16

Challenge #22. Adaptation.

Thank you, @Reagh

20230226-230120.jpg

1. The Godfather. I read the book when I was 13 or 14, at the edge of a swimming pool in a housing estate, and I devoured it. I loved it. In fact, I saw the film afterwards.

2. Apocalypse Now. I have several books about Coppola's masterpiece, and in this case it's the book of the original story by Joseph Conrad. I saw the film when I was very young, and I liked it, but I started to really appreciate it much later. Reading a book about how it was made lying on a beach in October, with the sunlight coming down over the Atlantic Ocean with a less intense and more twilight tone, thinking about the "Asian light", about Coppola, about Brando, about Horror. What a great film, my God.

3. Hannibal. I have all the books of this saga, including the TV series. In this case, I have a particular appreciation for "Hannibal", by Ridley Scott, because I think that of all the films, it is the one that best captured what the character really is. That's not to say that the other films are not good, especially "Silence of the Lambs"; but Hannibal, the character, is this one, and the one in the TV series. 

4. 2001, a space odyssey. It needs no introduction. I have the four books written by Arthur C. Clarke about this saga, and, although Kubrick's masterpiece is untouchable, a true monolith, monumental, I have to say that the books -if you like science fiction- are all entertaining. 

The best adaptation?

@Reagh has made me doubt, because I'm also a big Twin Peaks fan. There's also "Lost", of which I have a few books, and of which a great novel could be written. But I think I'll leave it at "The Godfather", because the book predates the film and it's good. And it's not easy not to pale next to what Coppola did.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Challenge #23. Best of the best.

Thank you, @Fortis93.

20230226-232955.jpg

It wasn't easy to choose, because in both film and music I'm not very genre-oriented; I'm not a fan of a particular genre, and I like any film that's really good, even if they are antagonistic styles. It's the same with music, I listen to very different things.

In this case, because I've always liked it, and it's a genre that I always enjoy, I've chosen Science Fiction. I was one of those kids who grew up excited about science fiction. And I've selected some interesting films, trying to provide a valuable but varied overview.

1. Interstellar (Christopher Nolan, 2014). A masterpiece unjustly treated at the box office, in awards, and even by critics. I have seen it many times, and I never fail to enjoy it. In fact, every time it's on TV I want to see it again, and I have to stop because I don't want to see it too soon since the last time, I don't want to wear it out. But it's great.

2. Twelve Monkeys (Terry Gilliam, 1995). Great film, entertaining, original, funny, even deliciously decadent, and with enough talent to have a gripping sci fi touch. Here's a collector's edition pending.

3. The Butterfly Effect (In spanish "El efecto mariposa") (Eric Bress, J. Mackye Gruber, 2004). A film that is perhaps somewhat forgotten, and which for me is one of the most entertaining science fiction films of the last 20 years. Fun, charming, and with a sci fi touch that we have all dreamed of at some point. Another one that deserves a careful edition, and for fans to appreciate it again. Perhaps the subsequent misuse of its idea has tarnished its memory a little.

4. Primer (Shane Carruth, 2004). The demonstration that you can do sci fi with little money and a lot of imagination. A real puzzle that made us think a thousand times when we left the cinema. Since then, many films have been made trying to be "the new Primer". Over the years, I've found it funnier and funnier.

5. Alien (The whole Saga). No need for presentations, no need for additional information, no need for explanations. It needs nothing. It's Alien. And this is the wonderful "Alien Quadrilogy" edition on DVD, which I am very fond of, despite having collector's editions on Blu-ray/4K. By the way, I really liked Prometheus, I had fun with Covenant, and I'm really annoyed that they're not going to close that trilogy. There was a great story there that could make sense of it all, and make this trilogy something really great. And yes, Ridley's Scott film will be always the best.

6. StarWars. I'm going to tell you about this saga because you don't know it. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
By the way, there is more StarWars soul in Lucas' Episode III than in 7, 8 and 9 together. There's that.

Which one is best for me?

Alien, Scott's is very big. Although nowadays, I'd be more inclined to choose Interstellar. Nolan's film is great, magnum, and it's pure sci fi. It is the essence of the genre.

And yet, in the end, I can't choose between the two. Why?

I'll tell you a football joke.

There were Caniggia and Batistuta, two famous strikers of the Argentinean national football team in the early 90s, arguing about which of them was the player that God had sent to earth to be the best Argentinean forward, and play in their national team.

Caniggia: - It's me! I score a lot of goals, I've been very successful, and I'm the best Argentinian forward. God sent me to score the goals of Argentina.
Batistuta: - What are you saying! The player that God sent to be Argentina's forward is me, the goals I scored in Italy are something historic.

After arguing for a while, they decided to stop arguing... and go and ask Maradona which of they two was the player that God had sent to earth to be the forward of the Argentinian national team.

Caniggia and Batistuta: - Maradona, excuse us, please, we have a doubt, and we need your help. Mmmm... which of we two... do you think is the player that God sent to earth to be the forward of the Argentine team?

Maradona: - I don't remember sending anyone.

It's that.

We can discuss what we want, but in the background there is "2001, a space odyssey" waiting for us.

;) 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

The Butterfly Effect (In spanish "El efecto mariposa") (Eric Bress, J. Mackye Gruber, 2004). A film that is perhaps somewhat forgotten, and which for me is one of the most entertaining science fiction films of the last 20 years. Fun, charming, and with a sci fi touch that we have all dreamed of at some point. Another one that deserves a careful edition, and for fans to appreciate it again. Perhaps the subsequent misuse of its idea has tarnished its memory a little.

The Butterfly Effect was such a great film! One of the only non-comedic roles for which I could ever take Ashton Kutcher seriously. Definitely underrated and worthy of some better treatment. Maybe a prime candidate for a Broad Nation release...?

Also love your other choices on display there!

• Like 4

Weekly Challenge #23: Best of the Best. Thank you @Fortis93for the great challenge this week.

My favorite genre is Sci-fi/Fantasy. The film that is the epitome of what a sci-fi movie should and could be was the Empire Strikes Back. This movie had action, romance, comedy, and a brilliant, surprising cliffhanger that was even hidden from almost all of the actors and staff working on the film at the time. 

#5- The Matrix. An awesome movie. The first DVD I owned, with tons of hidden extra on the discs as well. 

fMb0I93.jpeg

4. Terminator 2: Judgement Day. This movie was hotly ANTICIPATED for years and did not disappoint. Arnold would never reach these heights again, IMO. 

TftYOHz.jpeg

3. The Empire Strikes Back. (See comments above) 

AtvXvEH.jpeg

2. Aliens. Look I love Alien, but Aliens is the better movie for me by a hair. To me it is the second best sequel of any genre of all time, next to the Godfather Part II. 

pMOiJnH.jpeg

1. The Fellowship of the Ring. I was born in 1976, and the Star Wars trilogy dominated my childhood. I never thought another trilogy of films could surpass it. Terminator failed. Alien failed. But the Lord of the Rings trilogy surpassed my beloved Star Wars, with Fellowship just beating out Return of the King for me. 

rMammYn.jpeg

• Like 22

23 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

WEEKLY CHALLENGE #23

BEST OF THE BEST

630cc8b83920d8fec78a2919680cdf660080ba53

For this challenge, you are to pick your favourite genre of film.

Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Musical, Romance, Sci-Fi, Thriller, War, Western, etc.

You are then to choose your top 5 favourite films from that genre, or films you feel represent the best of what that genre has to offer.

Any editions (Fullslips, Lenticulars, Steelbooks etc.) across any formats (DVD, Blu-ray, 4K, etc.) are welcome.

And finally, name the film that made you fall in love with that genre.

My genre is SCIENCE FICTION

1) STAR TREK

All of it. I love all of it. I love it so much, I'm going to shamelessly plug the Star Trek Club and encourage you to join!

I've always enjoyed sci-fi, Star Wars being the most prominent, but I would say Trek has made me much more passionate for it, and for a hopeful future as well.

20230226_235601.thumb.jpg.5096c4c02360c83b2967388b9eb3704d.jpg

2) THE THING

The sci-fi/horror classic! Another piece of art I love, so much so that I've got a quite a few editions with more on the way.

20230226_234732.thumb.jpg.2105ff005a9bbf942c0f52bd9117ce2b.jpg

3) BLADE RUNNER 2049

I know the first movie set up the world, but in 2049 it's just so rich and lived in. It's also that type of future that feels so realistic, I love it.

20230226_234220.thumb.jpg.bd260cbe662efd462620c27beaa8254c.jpg

4) HER

I'm sure not many people think of Her when asked about sci-fi movies, but it is! The crux of the entire movie is a man falling in love with a computer program. Shieeeet, BR2049 stole an idea from Her, using a surrogate to have sex with a program. On top of that, it's a genuine, heartfelt romantic drama about relationships. Great movie, interesting view of the future.

20230226_234342.thumb.jpg.09f113715f2e5322c3cada74c6dc2093.jpg

5) BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY

It was between this and Alien, another sci-fi/horror classic, and another Ridley Scott connection. But BTTF is just too much damn fun! DeLoreans, hoverboards and flying trains, oh my!

20230226_234255.thumb.jpg.68b21d1789d1f8113f8e6c0898c111f2.jpg

• Like 23

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Week 23 Challenge is live!
  • ★ Administrators ★

Great to see that we still got some submissions for our Challenge 22. Thank you all for sharing.

Glad to see another challenge submission from you @Neil21Harris great selection.

You speak the forbidden language @javi don't let the other from German Room know 😂

Good to see you could keep your streak going @Gary K . I personally can't praise the Watchmen comic enough, this should be required reading for everyone 😊.

@Boilersteel awesome Bond Box 👍

Damn @InfiniteDoors your books show some wear 😲 and the Star Trek entry is also allowed, we said it would be okay both ways.

@Scary Hair works for me, your streak is also continuing 👌

Glad to to see you are catching up @Casiusco, normally I could not give the point for #21, as it is to late, but I will make an exception and mark it with *, this way we know it was submitted later. We will have a chance to submit old challenges anyway in the near future, so no issue with this. Also nice 22 entry.

Now let us see what challenge 23 brings.

best-of-best-of-best.gif

I really like your choices @Fortis93, but 3 of your Action Movies are basically Sci-Fi, so in reality your favorite genre is Sci-Fi 😜. The Spy Who Love Me is my favorite Bond and I completely agree with you that it is among the greatest Action Movies ever made. To be honest I would say the Bond Series is the best Movie Action Series.

Good that you got your Vault Goodfellas now @R1s1ngs0n otherwise how would you have done the picture for this challenge 😅

@hal56

giphy.gif

perfect choices for Sci-Fi

@Veum

giphy.gif

@nerdist great selection, love the inclusion of Dexter.

@TechSpec924

giphy.gif

another Team Sci-Fi 😍

@Casiusco Sci-Fi for the win 😁

@ncraft Sci-Fi and Fantasy count as two different Genres, since you showed more Sci-Fi will count you towards that group.

@InfiniteDoors good choices

star-trek-star-trek-the-original-series.gif

The current favorite Genre Ranking is:

6 x Sci-Fi

1 x Action

1 x Gangster

1 x Thriller

1 x Western

giphy.gif

Hope to see many more submissions for this great challenge.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@extantsrevenge @Fortis93 The Spy Who Loved Me was easily one of my most watched Bond films when I was young and I can still pretty much recite it by heart.

But as I grow older I find it's the one Bond flick that has plumetted most in my esteem. It has gorgeous locales and cinematography, but aside from a couple of very memorable scenes (the pyramids, rise of Atlantis and PTS ski jump) as well as a magnificent title song/sequence, I find it kind of a drag, especially towards the latter half of the film. I'd take You Only Live Twice over it any day, despite it featuring arguably Connery's weakest perfoemance. The weak villain and Bach's wooden acting don't help either.

I'd argue any of the Dalton movies and even the gadget-free OHMSS have superior action to this one.

tumblr_o64a46p4gg1sqf5tdo1_400.gif

• Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi

everyone-all.gif

@★Platinum Psycho 2023★ @★Gold Psycho 2023★ @★ Members ★

Since participation has been going down a little in our Weekly Media Psychos Psycho Challenge, I wanted to take the time encourage all of you to participate in this weeks challenge. It is a great one from @Fortis93, check it out here.

It is also a challenge each and everyone of you can complete, I mean we all have a favorite genre, right?

Come on give yourself a nudge and

face_the_psycho_challenge_gleaming_metal_gold.gif.6d072575dfe3316e5f9844ed195876e5.gif

I really enjoy our weekly challenge, it is a great way to make a little time and look at your collection each week, while you pick out the items you want to show. This way you can appreciate your stuff and also share with the community what you're passionate about. And you also get to see lots of awesome posts and pictures from the other members. Just browse through our previous 90+ pages, to see what I'm talking about. Don't forget to show some appreciation to the great posts you see with giving some likes.

Any member that is completing 10 challenges is receiving our awesome Psycho Challenge Award, but it gets even better. Can I get a drumroll please!

giphy.gif

We are happy to announce our 2nd Psycho Challenge Award

MPChallenge2.png.fbf8600a842a2641ced2e693ceecbcdf.png

Every member that is completing 25 challenges will get this great variant to out first award, also made by @Cornbuster.

giphy.gif

So ask yourself

are_you_psycho_enough_gleaming_metal_lila.gif.c89635bdb2ddeed2bdf73dc788a0378b.gif

I hope the answer is yes and that we will see many returning and new participants.

A new challenge is posted each week on sunday.

Members have time until the end of the following sunday to participate.

To celebrate the introduction of or 2nd Challenge Award, which the first members can reach with challenge 25 in 2 weeks, members can submit 5 old challenges, they have not yet participated in. A great way to fill the missing gaps or start collecting points towards your Challenge Award. This will be open until the first member is getting the 2nd Award. To see all the previous challenges check out the second post on page 1 here, scroll down to the "Reveal hidden contents" part to see all previous 22 challenges.

happy-death-day-lets-see-what-you-got.gi

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

vor 6 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

Hi

everyone-all.gif

@★Platinum Psycho 2023★ @★Gold Psycho 2023★ @★ Members ★

Since participation has been going down a little in our Weekly Media Psychos Psycho Challenge, I wanted to take the time encourage all of you to participate in this weeks challenge. It is a great one from @Fortis93, check it out here.

It is also a challenge each and everyone of you can complete, I mean we all have a favorite genre, right?

Come on give yourself a nudge and

face_the_psycho_challenge_gleaming_metal_gold.gif.6d072575dfe3316e5f9844ed195876e5.gif

I really enjoy our weekly challenge, it is a great way to make a little time and look at your collection each week, while you pick out the items you want to show. This way you can appreciate your stuff and also share with the community what you're passionate about. And you also get to see lots of awesome posts and pictures from the other members. Just browse through our previous 90+ pages, to see what I'm talking about. Don't forget to show some appreciation to the great posts you see with giving some likes.

Any member that is completing 10 challenges is receiving our awesome Psycho Challenge Award, but it gets even better. Can I get a drumroll please!

giphy.gif

We are happy to announce our 2nd Psycho Challenge Award

MPChallenge2.png.fbf8600a842a2641ced2e693ceecbcdf.png

Every member that is completing 25 challenges will get this great variant to out first award, also made by @Cornbuster.

@extantsrevengeUnfortunately I don't get the 25 in full because I didn't have anything for the last week. That's why I won't continue...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

@extantsrevengeUnfortunately I don't get the 25 in full because I didn't have anything for the last week. That's why I won't continue...

Then you get it with challenge 26, surely that is also awesome. Why stop now, be a happy cat and continue like you did before 🙏

cat-happy-cat.gif

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@extantsrevenge @Fortis93 The Spy Who Loved Me was easily one of my most watched Bond films when I was young and I can still pretty much recite it by heart.

But as I grow older I find it's the one Bond flick that has plumetted most in my esteem. It has gorgeous locales and cinematography, but aside from a couple of very memorable scenes (the pyramids, rise of Atlantis and PTS ski jump) as well as a magnificent title song/sequence, I find it kind of a drag, especially towards the latter half of the film. I'd take You Only Live Twice over it any day, despite it featuring arguably Connery's weakest perfoemance. The weak villain and Bach's wooden acting don't help either.

I'd argue any of the Dalton movies and even the gadget-free OHMSS have superior action to this one.

tumblr_o64a46p4gg1sqf5tdo1_400.gif

I see where you're coming from.

The reason why I cite it as one of my favourite action-adventure films is because of the no-expense-spared large-scale action set pieces that are shot in a clear, impactful and no-nonsense style by Lewis Gilbert (who had already directed You Only Live Twice, which also features one of the better climactic battles in the series).

The Dalton movies and OHMSS have incredible action, but there are times when the pacing either isn't urgent enough or the editing too choppy, which TSWLM isn't as guilty of.

And plus, we get to see Roger Moore shine as Commander Bond leading the charge in the final climactic battle, which gives the action more weight.

It's just a great overall package of a movie.

However, I do think the leading Bond lady and villain could've been stronger.

• Like 8

Thanks for the great challenge @Fortis93 !! Here's my submission for challenge #23 

My favorite genre is definitely musical, but i've introduced same movies several times so here's my second favorite genre; fantasy movies

1. Lord of the rings series

2. Hobbit series

3. Dune

4. Pirates of the caribbean series

5. Constantine

And the film that made me fall in love with the genre is pirates of the caribbean. 

20230227_200323.jpg

• Like 25

Thanks for the great challenge @Fortis93 

My favorite genre is Animated Movies (especially Disney with their gorgeous Steelbook editions):

1. The Lion King

2. Zootopia

3. Raya and the Last Dragon

4. Beauty and the Beast

5. Mulan

20230227_121150.thumb.jpg.459b914d2ae70b382a37ebea3bab2820.jpg

Bonus Frozen (would be number 6 and 7, but what the heck):

20230227_122349.thumb.jpg.a53a1790c9f0e194058a44bb3a0f45e7.jpg

Edited by Siran
  • Like 21

Ok participating for my lovely c***...err mate @Fortis93

My favorite genre is (Psycho-) Thriller. I have to admit I don't remember that ONE film that got me into the genre. The earliest I have seen would probably be Psycho or Silence of the Lambs. But I know that I always love that feeling sitting at the edge of the seat, wanting to know what happens next, getting ready for some twist screwing with my mind.

I chose: Oldboy, Ex Machina, Se7en, Perfect Blue and Fight Club.

PXL_20230227_11255988221.thumb.jpg.6f9dd30d43853887de236f9de5a95c39.jpg

• Like 29

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Ok participating for my lovely c***...err mate @Fortis93

My favorite genre is (Psycho-) Thriller. I have to admit I don't remember that ONE film that got me into the genre. The earliest I have seen would probably be Psycho or Silence of the Lambs. But I know that I always love that feeling sitting at the edge of the seat, wanting to know what happens next, getting ready for some twist screwing with my mind.

I chose: Oldboy, Ex Machina, Se7en, Perfect Blue and Fight Club.

PXL_20230227_11255988221.thumb.jpg.6f9dd30d43853887de236f9de5a95c39.jpg

Awesome choices.   Perfect Blue doesn’t get enough love.   I also have that edition.  Such a great one.  

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, Trianna said:

It really is! I think because it's an Anime it's often not taken seriously. Though even in the Anime community it is mostly overlooked.

Perfect Blue GIF by Filmin

It’s not just one of the best anime, but also one of my favorite giallo and psychosexual thrillers.  Satoshi Kon died way too young that’s for sure.    

I may have to rewatch it tonight!

• Like 2