IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Not a horror fan at all, so this challenge isn't great for me. Glad I read through the thread first, lest I try to include Alien (which I think is a horror film). ;) Most of my movies that include the right kinds of characters are not age 12 and up—but since you all seem to have extremely sensitive children, I'll include a Universal Monsters movie in my photo. :)

Here are seven, and I hope that's adequate:

IMG_1068.thumb.jpg.dd768bcf9440189c6e0d0214e7c96b54.jpg

1. The Others (spoiler: ghosts)

2. Dracula (vampire)

3. The Green Knight (ghost, monster)

4. Halloween (horror)

5. The Sixth Sense (spoiler: ghosts)

6. Throne of Blood (witches)

7. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (horror)

First movie that scared me? One of the first movies I ever saw in the theater was the original Muppet Movie. I remember having nightmares about the villain, Doc Hopper. For me as a very young child, he was terrifying. 🤣

Edited by ethnosax
  • Like 25

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Challenge  #7.  

Never been too much into horror. Will watch a few on occasion,  but tend to just avoid.   

I remember one time when I just Noped out of watching any further.   I think it was called Witchboard back in the 80's.  Dude just popped up behind someone and chopped off their head with an ax.  Just turned it off and went out.  I don't need this.

Here are a few of my favorites.

Ghosts - The Fog and Last Night in Soho.

20221023_115620.thumb.jpg.3f0b7a65fa60fead011426cd3bb9c405.jpg

Zombies.  Dawn of the Dead and Return of the Living Dead.

20221023_115339.thumb.jpg.95e71be3ee5cab79279bc277d1920581.jpg

Some miscellaneous.  Vampires. Creeper and anthology.

20221023_115739.thumb.jpg.8cf9c9390b9211c59bcc81931a39abd6.jpg

• Like 25

Neil21harris…. I made this screen name because I meant to make it Neil31harris since 31 is my fav number. But I mistyped. I also didn’t realize I would be so involved therefore ppl would actually know my real name - so basically I wish I had made a better name up - like Ethan Hunt ya Cu** 

hahaha

n - The Nice Guys (Kimchidvd) 

e - evil dead rmk (target steelbook)

i - Inglourious basterds (manta)

l - last of the Mohicans (custom)

2 - 28 days later (Uk steelbook)

1 - once upon a time in Hollywood (fanatics)

h - Hanna (steelbook)

a - A Few Good Men (Zavvi)

r - Red 22 (later it became Mile 22 - custom steelbook)

r - Rush (Kimchidvd)

i - I am Legend (HDZeta)

s - Se7en (manta lab)

8D431B6D-4BD1-42E4-B4D5-B46E39994498.jpeg

Edited by Neil21Harris
  • Like 20

10 minutes ago, Neil21Harris said:

Neil21harris…. I made this screen name because I meant to make it Neil31harris since 31 is my fav number. But I mistyped. I also didn’t realize I would be so involved therefore ppl would actually know my real name - so basically I wish I had made a better name up - like Ethan Hunt ya Cu** 

hahaha

n - The Nice Guys (Kimchidvd) 

e - evil dead rmk (target steelbook)

i - Inglourious basterds (manta)

l - last of the Mohicans (custom)

2 - 28 days later (Uk steelbook)

1 - once upon a time in Hollywood (fanatics)

h - Hanna (steelbook)

a - A Few Good Men (Zavvi)

r - Red 22 (later it became Mile 22 - custom steelbook)

r - Rush (Kimchidvd)

i - I am Legend (HDZeta)

s - Se7en (manta lab)

I think the photo does not appear

Animated GIF

😉

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Challenge 7  - ‘Creepin’ it Reel’

Here comes Halloween People!

giphy.gif

This week we would like you to show us 5 different movies that are either Horror or Halloween themed. All Horror titles are of course allowed, but only 2 titles from one franchise. 

If you do not have any Horror titles and because it is Halloween this week, don’t panic because we are also allowing titles that prominently include the following:

• Witches
  • Ghosts
  • Vampires
  • Skeletons
  • Zombies
  • Werewolves

Please note that ALL other Monsters/Aliens/Creatures will NOT be considered for this Challenge.

All movie formats are inclusive (BluRay, DVD, VHS etc.)

And Finally, all Movie titles Must be of an age rating of 12 or above. No Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Casper the Friendly Ghost please and thank you. 👍🏼

We would like you to accompany your submission with an answer to the following question - What was the First Movie that you recall that Creeped you out?

Thank you and Let’s Go! 🎃👻💀🧟‍♂️

giphy.gif

Spooky challenge! I have a few in mind, but before I take pics, could we make a list of approved "debatable" titles? Like The Thing, Alien, Jaws, etc. It's gonna be hard to keep track as more people post.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

Spooky challenge! I have a few in mind, but before I take pics, could we make a list of approved "debatable" titles? Like The Thing, Alien, Jaws, etc. It's gonna be hard to keep track as more people post.

The Thing - Yes

Alien - No

Jaws……😏 For me @R1s1ngs0n is completely taking the P*ss. 😉 It’s a Thriller IMO. We all know how he likes to keep believing his “Perfect Streak” is still in tact, although at no point did I list big scary fish in my rules list. 🤣 But It is the Mighty Squirrel @extantsrevenge who has the last word and the one awarding points, so you may need to wait and see if he allows it or not. 😊

I’m out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

The Thing - Yes

Alien - No

Jaws……😏 For me @R1s1ngs0n is completely taking the P*ss. 😉 It’s a Thriller IMO. We all know how he likes to keep believing his “Perfect Streak” is still in tact, although at no point did I list big scary fish in my rules list. 🤣 But It is the Mighty Squirrel @extantsrevenge who has the last word and the one awarding points, so you may need to wait and see if he allows it or not. 😊

I’m out. 

Hocus Pocus Wtf GIF by Freeform

• Haha 4

CHALLENGE 7

The Exorcist: This is my first pick and also answers the question about what horror film freaked me out first. I was younger when I saw this and I remember not being able to fall asleep that night. It scared the hell out of me. What I appreciate about it now is how it shows how evil (spiritual or not) doesn’t discriminate. It could be found in all of us in some way. I also love how it’s a horror film with an incredible plot and characters I care about.

Scream: My favorite slasher of all time! I think I was Ghost Face about six times for Halloween as a kid. Love it!

Halloween: A Halloween classic that I watch every year. I love the build up before the madness starts! And I love how Michael stalks his victims. You don’t see that much anymore.

Saw: Such an admirable film. Made on a small budget, creepy, with an incredible plot — and a twist that had my jaw drop when I saw it in theaters. I couldn’t believe it! 

Paranormal Activity: Fun fact, I got to see this film a few months before it was released. I was in those ‘test audiences’ shown in the commercials. The film freaked me the hell out. It shows you don’t need a big budget to tell an effective, creepy story!

7C38BD90-589E-4AF0-988B-A98A8FC5505C.jpeg

Edited by damships
  • Like 25

Awards

Challenge 7! I always watch horror movies in October, so this was tough to choose only 5. There are definitely some favorites not pictured, but here’s my picks:

7293E4AC-5A46-46D0-A0C4-BDA8E1D18661.thumb.jpeg.6fd49a811c1fe21e2aecdb6dd349c707.jpeg

I wanted a good mix of sci-fi, slasher, and gore in these picks. Halloween is my favorite slasher franchise, but I featured one of those discs in challenge 6 so I omitted it here.

As far as the first movies that really creeped me out… the first thing that comes to mind is the trailer for Event Horizon. Seeing that trailer when I was like 6 absolutely terrified me. The Ring also stands out as terrifying experience for a teenage hansreinhardt. 

Another couple movies that really messed me up for a few days were Paranormal Activity and The Fourth Kind. I saw these in college, and I lived alone so it amplified the creep factor. Apparently found footage ghost & alien movies don’t sit well with me… Dark Skies is another frightening alien abduction picture that’s done really well. 

• Like 21

Challenge 6

Original challenge, I really like it, especially with the number of letters I have 😏

black and white cat GIF

A - Ant man
D - Deadpool
R - Ready player one
I - In the mood for love
P - Pig

IMG_20221023_210103.thumb.jpg.6c06b6c155a09b1c19348ed6235b11e3.jpgIMG_20221023_205847.thumb.jpg.2fb8261556e27a3d2810db6df445c540.jpgIMG_20221023_205945.thumb.jpg.c3e2c7edd63ae13f6af74b571ffda2f9.jpg

IMG_20221023_210514.thumb.jpg.7f7889de61502378156591ad01ecf1ac.jpgIMG_20221023_205553.thumb.jpg.cf63f7a50bbac060777b46ef05aca59e.jpg

The story behind my name is nothing extraordinary, I've never been very fond of pseudonyms so it's a mix between my first name and my last name 😉

pen pineapple apple pen fusion GIF

• Like 23

Nice! a horror challenge,@extantsrevenge and @Pbsw23,  I accept!! I added some extra titles just incase some don't qualify. I didn't want to add to the Thing / Alien / Jaws debate lol. 

I really like horror, and while as a kid some of them freaked me out, now as an adult I love them haha. 

Here is my submission for Challenge 7  - ‘Creepin’ it Reel’

The first movie that got to me, just like @Freeformfreakout, was Pet Sematary. The scene with Gage, the scalpel, and Jud for some reason was terrifying. I think the fact that it was a child using a knife freaked me out 😲

IMG-7846[9865].jpg

11.jpg

• Like 25

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Challenge 7! I always watch horror movies in October, so this was tough to choose only 5. There are definitely some favorites not pictured, but here’s my picks:

7293E4AC-5A46-46D0-A0C4-BDA8E1D18661.thumb.jpeg.6fd49a811c1fe21e2aecdb6dd349c707.jpeg

I wanted a good mix of sci-fi, slasher, and gore in these picks. Halloween is my favorite slasher franchise, but I featured one of those discs in challenge 6 so I omitted it here.

As far as the first movies that really creeped me out… the first thing that comes to mind is the trailer for Event Horizon. Seeing that trailer when I was like 6 absolutely terrified me. The Ring also stands out as terrifying experience for a teenage hansreinhardt. 

Another couple movies that really messed me up for a few days were Paranormal Activity and The Fourth Kind. I saw these in college, and I lived alone so it amplified the creep factor. Apparently found footage ghost & alien movies don’t sit well with me… Dark Skies is another frightening alien abduction picture that’s done really well. 

I love these movies but not sure @extantsrevenge is going to count Color Out Of Space, Lifeforce or Event Horizon for this challenge as sci-fi/alien horror seems to not be allowed on this one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

I tried to edit my comment as I forgot explanation of my choices, but I was too late. Here’s some thoughts: 

Color Out of Space: Such a surprise when it came out, it’s uniquely crafted with stunning cinematography and terrifying ideas. Very effective. 

Friday the 13th: what can I say? Slasher classics. I don’t yet have the Shout set but this set suffices for now. 

Re-Animator: Richard Band’s score is so memorable, even if it borrows heavily from Psycho. Jeffrey Combs is always great. 

Lifeforce: the International Cut is the only one worth watching, the backstory at the beginning is absolutely crucial. Such a fun movie. 

Event Horizon: classic… love the unique gothic horror sci-fi mix. The new transfer is amazing, I just wish we could see the long lost extended version! 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Gary K said:

I love these movies but not sure @extantsrevenge is going to count Color Out Of Space, Lifeforce or Event Horizon for this challenge as sci-fi/alien horror seems to not be allowed on this one.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. Those are undeniable horror movies in my opinion, but I’ll change them out if determined not to be! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parzival said:

Resubmission

Thanks @extantsrevenge

Replacement for Wizard of Oz & Coco

Ghostbusters Afterlife 

Not a patch on the first one obviously but better than the 2016 Mellisa McCarthy drivel

It was not a bad film, and the cameos at the end were very delightful 🙂

Train to Bussn / Peninsula

Love this zombie franchise 

Koreans showing how it should be done 

Really glad @ksosk arranged the GB for Peninsula premium

Also, in answer to the question of which film first & truly freaked me out...

It is all werewolves 

I was a huge Michael Jackson fan growing up in the 80s

Then my uncle showed my Thriller

I must have been 5 years old or something, I ran out of the room when he transformed 

That scene scared me shi*less

A few years after, I then watched American Werewolf in London

I must have been about 8 or 9

I remember recording it on VHS... I was really scared

I kept thinking the Werewolf will come out of the tape lol.

Gave me sleepless nights, I eventually ended up throwing the VHS tape away lol.

Talk about mental scars lol..

20221023_162334.jpg

20221023_163006.jpg

Think both Ghostbuster films fall foul of the 15+ rating.  Think both are 12s? 😂

Reading the last few pages of this has been great!

Night Train To Terror Horror GIF by absurdnoise

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, hansreinhardt said:

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. Those are undeniable horror movies in my opinion, but I’ll change them out if determined not to be! 

Oh I completely agree.  Not even debatable.  Yet….apparently aliens, sci-fi horror etc. are being reserved for a future challenge. So@extantsrevenge and @Pbsw23 have deemed them ineligible for this “horror” challenge, lol.

Angry American Idol GIF

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Oh I completely agree.  Not even debatable.  Yet….apparently aliens, sci-fi horror etc. are being reserved for a future challenge. So@extantsrevenge and @Pbsw23 have deemed them ineligible for this “horror” challenge, lol.

Angry American Idol GIF

Ok I glossed over that bit in the rules, my mistake! Thanks @Gary K. Swapping out Color Out Of Space and Event Horizon for the following: 

41CE0F72-4C73-4AB6-AA61-2615F6DA4331.thumb.jpeg.8e7944c3dc29beb2239917e6944b58a2.jpeg

Original submission for context:

691C5DF4-87EB-43F4-81B5-1BF00363707F.thumb.jpeg.b116768d900c732a9e193a3ec717149e.jpeg

I would make a case for Lifeforce, as it’s literally vampires in space, but I’m not willing to die on that hill either 😂

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Challange #7  The first movie that scared me was  Friday the 13th. My sister rented it on vhs and we watched it during the day and I was still scared 😱       

20221023_151002.thumb.jpg.d295911f90c0c3ae4a593eba019156f4.jpg

20221023_151459.thumb.jpg.238ea97a51e7e377a143a2888ed5b7bb.jpg

20221023_151630.thumb.jpg.dad26da224bd27d402de3cd0cbb230d2.jpg

20221023_151728.thumb.jpg.b42b73a7e3627051901ef904b8210f43.jpg

20221023_151836.thumb.jpg.1c3582c3435b3a1b7b6b070d3e8708c6.jpg

If any of these are not the "creeping it real"       kindly please let me know. 

Edited by ajames212
  • Like 24

7 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Challenge 7  - ‘Creepin’ it Reel’

Here comes Halloween People!

giphy.gif

This week we would like you to show us 5 different movies that are either Horror or Halloween themed. All Horror titles are of course allowed, but only 2 titles from one franchise. 

If you do not have any Horror titles and because it is Halloween this week, don’t panic because we are also allowing titles that prominently include the following:

• Witches
  • Ghosts
  • Vampires
  • Skeletons
  • Zombies
  • Werewolves

Please note that ALL other Monsters/Aliens/Creatures will NOT be considered for this Challenge.

All movie formats are inclusive (BluRay, DVD, VHS etc.)

And Finally, all Movie titles Must be of an age rating of 12 or above. No Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Casper the Friendly Ghost please and thank you. 👍🏼

We would like you to accompany your submission with an answer to the following question - What was the First Movie that you recall that Creeped you out?

Thank you and Let’s Go! 🎃👻💀🧟‍♂️

giphy.gif

Like @R1s1ngs0nim not a horror fan and I’m not sure if even with the amendments to the lack of horror films clause 🤓 I’ll have enough,

but I will edit this post and give it a go if I find five that fit the bill.

in the meantime Scream is the 1st horror film that really creeped me out as a kid.

To Be Continued GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Edited by Fab_1
  • Like 10

Awards

This challenge 7 is tough.  Because Sunshine is one I’d say is horror but truthfully sci-fi. 
and if I can’t put Alien Covenant that sucks cuz that film is my go to gore. LoL. 
I have 3 definite’s - and then other two I refused to be judged on. Hahahahaha

that being said - the film that has and always and still gives me nightmares is “Lady in White” because I watched that when I was a tiny tike, and It f’d me up really good

• Like 10

It seems to me that nobody is following the rules or understanding the rules lol. So allow me to do it correctly.😉

Vampires- thirst.

Withches- the witch.

Ghost- ugetsu.

Werewolves- the howling.

Zombies- maniac cop 2.

16665588670373838536573987524413.thumb.jpg.16e927724b028d559b374cf8809d1057.jpg

The first horror film that freaked me out was Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake. I remember as a kid, completely buying into this being something that happened. It is also my earliest memory of a horror film, though I had seen others before it but this one stuck with me and I always remembered it. Such a brutal and well done remake that has a huge fan base.

• Like 23

Awards

Challenge #7

1. The Thing

20221023_165017.thumb.jpg.125960927d3dd12c4d9b0745fea2b747.jpg

This movie is soooooo spooky, it's already multiplied! Omg! And there's two more on the way!

2. From Dusk till Dawn

20221023_165248.thumb.jpg.3e8572a653a0927a3e202cc4e8fd1483.jpg

Sexy lady turns into a vampire? That's spoooooky!

3. The VVitch

20221023_165507.thumb.jpg.b402c448e8224a8be6dc9391c899b67a.jpg

Another pretty lady who may or may not be a vvitch? Goodness, that's spooky!

4. The Evil Dead & Evil Dead 2

20221023_165703.thumb.jpg.068b352f004fcd738dedba9fad821c98.jpg

Not only is there dead, but they're evil??? How spooky!!!

5. Shaun of the Dead

20221023_170513.thumb.jpg.ded65b3dcd35b00f24e9326542024002.jpg

I know what you're thinking, "oh another horror comedy", but no. There's some spooky stuff in here. Like when there's a choreographed musical scene set to Queen. That was spooky as hell.

Bonus Round!

20221023_165811.thumb.jpg.2fae3aea80a8079b5b17176e247be97b.jpg

I'm throwing in Jaws and Alien out of spite 🤣

• Like 17
  • Haha 6

Challenge #7!

1. From dusk till dawn

2. Paranormal activity

3. Infestation

4. Psycho

5. Jaws

6. Event horizon 

7&8 . Resident evil

The first horror film that scared me was the paranormal activity. That was the first (and the last) horror film i watched at the theatre. I never knew it was a horror film at the time, my friends just fooled me it was an action movie and took me to the theatre after the class.. I tried to close my eyes and ears but didn't work🤣 This movie traumatized me for almost week when i was home alone

20221024_101417.jpg

• Like 21