IGNORED

Manta Lab Léon: The Professional (Manta Lab Exclusive #57) (WEA 4k UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, vinny91 said:

The Full is really nice because of the visual which continue on the side & back.

But I don't understand why MLAB did not put Leon on front for steelbook. Jean Reno is very much appreciated in Asia, weird decision.

Really like the Full and DL. 

1 hour ago, nexusjuan said:

honestly, I expected something better for this title

Full Slip is perhaps the one I like the most but it doesn't drive me crazy.

Totally agree Jean Reno should show in the front

Every other release of this movie features Leon heavily, so I'm super happy to get more Mathilda art. I especially love the OC box, FS and steelbook.

Go Team Mathilda!

natalie portman love GIF

• Like 15

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I don't love the OC box, to be honest, but the three editions are pretty great imho.  I grabbed an SL. 

After Station Eleven and this . . . I think you need a group hug, not a group buy my man!!   🤣

Makes me glad you guys took the time to read my review of one of the worst tv shows probably of all time
If anyone else is reading this, do not watch it!  I am trying to help you here don't do it!

9c419417-dcb6-4195-92c5-1c0e3261feb6_text.gif.d8617454780a423a1719fa3a0484bdd4.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Imagine me waking up to see that there is, indeed, a group buy for this! 

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

I more excited than Jeff Goldblum at a Jeff Goldblum convention, making out with other Jeff Goldblums to make an unholy pact to raise the ancient ones, which just so happen to, you're right, you guessed it, look like Jeff Goldblum! 

enhance jeff goldblum GIF

• Haha 10

The more I look at these editions and the more I’m finding myself liking the SL the most.

Really like that white/sky blue color combination and the fact Léon and Mathilda are each on one side of both steelbook and slip. 
Very classy and clean look for a violent film about two lonely souls that find each other under externe circumstances.

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

The more I look at these editions and the more I’m finding myself liking the SL the most.

Really like that white/sky blue color combination and the fact Léon and Mathilda are each on one side of both steelbook and slip. 
Very classy and clean look for a violent film about two lonely souls that find each other under externe circumstances.

Yeah I wish this (SL) would have been the DL! 😘

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

This was also my initial reaction as well, something about the white border and the blue sky just goes well and for me at least both colours looking very calming together.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Yep, that's exactly why I went for SL.  It feels more subtle, and defines relationship for me, outside of the obvious movie plot.  And . . .  I just think it f'ing looks awesome.  I hope the lenti is deep and clear.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

7 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Yep, that's exactly why I went for SL.  It feels more subtle, and defines relationship for me, outside of the obvious movie plot.  And . . .  I just think it f'ing looks awesome.  I hope the lenti is deep and clear.

🥤🤠 🎬 🥸 also went for the SL fellas❣️👍 :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miguelispro said:

I don't understand why in a movie called Léon, the character is not in the front cover of the steelbook. I think the full slip is the best of the three.

I actually like it when it's not so obvious. 95% of people will tell you they'd prefer to have the Joker on the front cover of each and every TDK edition and it'll be 100% justified.

Same goes here; Mathilda is the driving force of the film's plot so I think it's very fitting she's on the front with the big Léon title 'shielding' her.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, psychoscot said:

Epic fail! Kimchi is the only version worth owning! Awful artwork. 

That’s a bit extreme lol. The Kimchi slip was pretty bland (the FS here is far better IMO) and while the Kimchi steel is nicer than Manta, the Zavvi OG is equally nice if not better than Kimchi with the embossed title. I’ll probably do a switcheroo on the steels like I did with 2001.

Edited by soundsorange
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awards

I believe this is my first time making this mistake, but I put my order in twice by accident. I simply want one SL + 5 protectors. Thank you!!

Funny, I don’t always go with lenticulars but this is giving me Blade Runner vibes where the lenticular might be the winner over the FS. Blasphemy I know. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I actually like it when it's not so obvious. 95% of people will tell you they'd prefer to have the Joker on the front cover of each and every TDK edition and it'll be 100% justified.

Same goes here; Mathilda is the driving force of the film's plot so I think it's very fitting she's on the front with the big Léon title 'shielding' her.

A Dirty Harry release with Scorpio on the front cover sounds pretty cool, don't you think? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I think it's pretty hard to defend a claim that Léon is not the main character even if Mathilda has a very important role.

In Die Hard we want Bruce Willis and not Alan Rickman and in this case the movie's title is literally Léon. In Godfather you also want Marlon Brando there. The Dark Knight might in fact be an exception since Joker's role was indeed iconic and there are other movies in the trilogy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, V303 said:

Okay, thanks for the honesty... also I get this message when I click on the group buy 

You do not have permission to view this topic.

Is that normal orrrr

https://mediapsychos.com/topic/19331-léon-the-professional-manta-lab-exclusive-57-wea-4k-uhd2d-blu-ray-steelbook-hong-kong/?do=findComment&comment=656712

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2