IGNORED

Manta Lab Léon: The Professional (Manta Lab Exclusive #57) (WEA 4k UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

il y a 2 minutes, Want3r88 a dit :

Can anyone share some genera info on this company? Never heard of them. And what does this partnership mean for manta and their releases? 

From Wikipedia (kept the essential parts):

The Gaumont Film Company is a French major film studio. It is the first and oldest film company in the world, 

Gaumont predominantly produces, co-produces, and distributes films. 

Gaumont currently has 938 films in its catalogue, most of which are in French; there are, however, some exceptions, such as Luc Besson's The Fifth Element.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

De Wikipedia (conservó las partes esenciales):

La Gaumont Film Company es un  importante estudio de cine francés . Es la primera y más antigua compañía cinematográfica del mundo,    

Gaumont produce, coproduce y distribuye predominantemente películas. 

Gaumont cuenta actualmente con 938 películas en su catálogo, la mayoría de las cuales están en francés; hay, sin embargo, algunas excepciones, como El quinto elemento de Luc Besson.

Come On Fighting GIF

• Like 5

il y a 24 minutes, Want3r88 a dit :

this partnership mean for manta and their releases? 

Gaumont produces mostly European films, many of which are French (the company is French)

correct me if what I say is wrong

This is why i'm a bit sceptical about future releases because apart from the Bessons, I don't see what they can plan that will interest a large community of fans worldwide

and as I am personally not a fan of Besson's cinema....

but let's wait and see, maybe there will be some surprises 🤞

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

il y a 9 minutes, romain a dit :

Gaumont produces mostly European films, many of which are French (the company is French)

correct me if what I say is wrong

This is why i'm a bit sceptical about future releases because apart from the Bessons, I don't see what they can plan that will interest a large community of fans worldwide

and as I am personally not a fan of Besson's cinema....

but let's wait and see, maybe there will be some surprises 🤞

I share the same skepticism. Apart from this title and The Fifth Element, which they'll most likely release, I can't really see other titles in Gaumont's catalogue getting the Premium treatment.

Still waiting for Manta to announce more Fincher titles, with Zodiac probably being number one on my most wanted Premium list.

• Like 8

il y a 6 minutes, R1s1ngs0n a dit :

I share the same skepticism. Apart from this title and The Fifth Element, which they'll most likely release, I can't really see other titles in Gaumont's catalogue getting the Premium treatment.

Still waiting for Manta to announce more Fincher titles, with Zodiac probably being number one on my most wanted Premium list.

I can only agree with your message mate, Manta would shoot himself in the foot (imo)

zodiac it would really be a nice surprise 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Zodiac would be amazing!!!! And I'd take it from any retailer really, preferably UHD Club.  But, I love my 5th Element Kimchidvd - took ages to get it.  But Leon, I will take the OC just because it is a movie that takes me back to childhood immediately and started my life as a milk-drinking hitman

• Like 8

As the shared info says, Gaumont is one of the most important majors in the world, and its extensive catalog has films from all periods, including gems, many of them really interesting, but not too many of those that follow the usual Manta Lab editorial line.

And although some could have good options for a collector's edition, they look like more titles of WCL or Plain Archive.  

Still, I'd buy a few if I could.

In case anyone is curious, here is the full list, according to IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0172053&view=simple&sort=user_rating,desc

In addition, they have immense historical film archives from all eras.

By the way, they also have "The Big Blue", if Manta intends to reissue more old-time KimchiDVD titles.

Oh, and I fully subscribe to the need for more collector's editions of Fincher films. I love his work. "Zodiac" would be a great release. And even "Mindhunter" seems to me as a very, very underrated TV series.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...