IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

well just had a lovely day today, could i help out on site visit get load of work done 6 blokes dependant on me going for it to happen 🤒

so i agree had to leave 5am drive to work pick van up drive to hatfield. so 2hr 30 mins later im there.

anyway cut a long story short first 2 units in fine (pig of locations over stud walls,not a lot of room for gas hoists), think cracked the back of this just 5 fans to swap over at 13.20pm say so to bloke working with from there i have jinxed it.

by 2pm first one done unit is not working as wiring to another unit we should not be touching, we have to sort out aload of wiring that joins them and other stuff.

anyway took to 4.30pm to fix the lot get all done get the hell out of dodge.

followed by a drive back to work shop and home just got in now at 6.30pm

anyone fancy a swap of my day???

basil 😟

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I went and bought one of these...

F64487F9-16BE-495D-84BE-21EBD6F836C9.jpeg

Wow @Pbsw23 you baller! 😎

I was thinking of ordering this 8ft paddling pool for the kids ......

E0F0902D-51E0-44C9-8C8B-428F5E263D01.thumb.png.654afeb25dd3368ea55f7cb061f4d5fc.png

But after seeing yours I may need to up my game!👍

10 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

So today has been pencilled in as a Lego day 😁

Lego day sounds awesome! It was raining here so we were painting this afternoon! Here is my effort...

4A9707C0-B1E8-44A6-9701-F18DAD5BE08E.thumb.jpeg.4dfff61152643b82319fb09f30886dff.jpeg

It’s signed Riley age 38 🤣

Sorry to hear you’ve had a s*** day @Basil! I’ve just worked my 7th Saturday morning out of 9 trying to rake in some extra money for all these awesome group buys!

Anyway Saturday nights curry takeaway night in our house! Suns a beaming now and I’m on the red wine!🍷 

Have a good Saturday night whatever your up to fellow psychos 👍

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

@RileyLad Loving the Artwork Buddy, Wow, a Real RileyLad Original! 😍😆

As for the pool, I left our old one inflated last year after emptying it, forgot about it and one morning it was gone! 😂 Wind obviously delivered to someone else.

Anyway, new I needed a new one and found this. https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/outdoor/pools-and-sand-pits/pools/intex-family-lounge-pool/p/162778 and the. Thought “Yup, can totally see myself chillin’ In that with a cold one” 😂👌🏼

And finally for ‘Lego day’ yesterday, I built this 😉👍🏼 ( @extantsrevenge May also be interested in this)

CBDC2546-A8B6-461D-8C68-35D87B89C269.jpeg

42CA5091-BD99-42D2-9818-94C093C691D8.jpeg

D5E4EDA2-5571-47DB-B95D-B36B40699EBE.jpeg

coffee.gif good day here and there... Veum in the house! :)

Happy Sunday to all my fellow psychos!! ninja.gif

giphy.gif

Still hot/humid here in the round! relief.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Here is a good vid on DV/HDR10+, etc,. really like this guy, he is very informative, calm and enjoyable... go to vid guy for me! icon_biggrin.gif

The 4K HDR Format War: HDR10+ vs Dolby Vision:

Also what do you all think of them going to the new 007? 

... not for me though! sick.gif

The new 007 is a woman. What does this mean for James Bond’s future?

Have a wonderful Sunday!

572477459_dietpepsi.jpg.7849f55fe71708f50625483144de8584.jpg2050926074_icetea.jpg.df8b29d8ef9a66fa3fee873faf4ddfa3.jpg

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Veum I think that female 007 is only in this bond, I can't imagine havng a female Bond as a lead in a future movie. I ddon't mind woman taking the lead in movies, but on some characters it doesn't work and I also think that Hollywood is overdoing it. We will see. Anyway I'M excited for the next Bond, as a huge Bond Fan it's always good to get a new movie 😍

• Like 1

Lads lads lads 

It ALL depends on the casting .

Daniel Craig  is the worse Bond ever in my lowly view .

This may tip a few over the edge with a gender reboot and colour  

giphy-downsized.gif .

Lets face it things in society have moved on since the Novels where written. 

We are facing a brave new world that a lot of science fiction casting woke upto a long time ago  

Bring it on 👍👊❤❤💋👆

I've been a Bond fan since I was a young lad.

I haven't been overly excited with some of the casting choices made in the past but as long as the film concentrated efforts on the action and daring-do of James himself, I enjoyed each film.

I have no problem with them casting a female black woman as a super-secret agent

We've had some GREAT gals in such roles for sometime now;

- La Femme Nakita

- Red Sparrow

- Black Widow

- Atomic Blond

- Agent 99 ( Barbra Feldon) 🤗

Just to name a few.

My issue however, is that as of late, it has been a dramatic push by Hollywood to replace some characters with female leads JUST for the purpose of tearing down old iconic characters in order to say "oooh! look how diverse and 'woke' we are! TAKE THAT white male hegemony!

Being inspirationally bankrupt for the most part, Hollywood Producers care not a whit for expanding the stories and adventures of strong, intelligent female leads that could go so far as even building their own franchise.

No, it's about the PRESS they can get by instigating controversy.

So this lovely lady is apparently going to portray Agent 007 but not James Bond.

Yeah, ok, whatever.

I hope she has a great film.

However since the ONLY thing Hollywood Producers care about is money, and I don't personally know many women that go to watch James Bond films, this is gonna be a check mark on the list of "things we've done to placate the Me-Too crowd".

And unfortunately, that's all it's gonna be.

And if the film actually has James Bond come in to 'rescue' her, even that is going to blow up in their faces.

This is going to be another "raging controvery" that will be dead in a year.

But by then, they'll have their money...

NEXT!....

• Like 2

Hello my friends of MP. 

Quiet week on here for me last week as I was away on my jollys but I missed the banter of yous all. 

@RileyLad @blu.steel33 @Pbsw23 @DodgyDave @Basil @Scary Hair @ukade2327 @extantsrevenge 

And even your Shan American banter @Veum 😂😂

Back to work for me today. Easing me back in with a 12-930. 

Have a great week all 👌

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Hi @Robertm89 great to have you back 😊,

did you already see the news of the day? Beauty Shots for First Man HDZeta and live shots of Black Panther WeET.

Have a good day 👍

Thank you for the like welcome back sir, I am all in on black panther. I really like what weet are coming up with regards to marvel. I'd choose them over blufans now. Just my personal opinion though. First man is a pass for me. I got the manta one and that's enough for me 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Hello my friends of MP. 

Quiet week on here for me last week as I was away on my jollys but I missed the banter of yous all. 

@RileyLad @blu.steel33 @Pbsw23 @DodgyDave @Basil @Scary Hair @ukade2327 @extantsrevenge 

And even your Shan American banter @Veum 😂😂

Back to work for me today. Easing me back in with a 12-930. 

Have a great week all 👌

Good to have you back and hope your time off served you well! 😄

Not familiar with your word “Shan” (I guess it is one of those UK slangs💂‍♂️), but I hope it is a good word! 🗽

Wishing all a good Monday!! 🌧️ 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d35be4a427743742e

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:27 PM, Scary Hair said:

Daniel Craig  is the worse Bond ever in my lowly view .

Yep!

As for the news story. Bond is retired at the start of the new film, "00's" are reasigned, so yes the current 007 is a woman. Bond comes out of retirement gets reasigned problem solved. But my god people on social media went bonkers! Bond is still Bond. Broccoli has stated many times including recently on morning TV that Bond will always by a guy

Looking forward to Natalie Portman as Thor, loved the recent female Thor comic storyline

• Like 2

Awards

good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 😃

Trying to debate on mowing the lawn🤔... still wet/damp from rain yesterday... maybe if it dries out later, such beautiful, cooler temps now!  🌤️

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d37159e565a46452e

OR

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3718c63337303136

OR

661EFC4F-BA4C-490E-AA41-938166C42F44.gif.a0e34b69c5da35a945ba152360a47097.gif

Happy Tuesday you magnificent psychos!! 😎

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d37162c4250565745 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Veum said:

good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 😃

Trying to debate on mowing the lawn🤔... still wet/damp from rain yesterday... maybe if it dries out later, such beautiful, cooler temps now!  🌤️

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d37159e565a46452e

OR

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3718c63337303136

OR

661EFC4F-BA4C-490E-AA41-938166C42F44.gif.a0e34b69c5da35a945ba152360a47097.gif

Happy Tuesday you magnificent psychos!! 😎

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d37162c4250565745 

Psychos, & @Basil, I went with this order ^^^ and it feels so good! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d375cd4466436364d

53 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Veum has 2b giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3718c63337303136