IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Rutger Hauer from Etienne Navarre , John Ryder and Roy Batty  so many more .

R.I.P 

one maybe THE greatest most memorable movie moment ever 

LEGEND 

Huge loss. One of the most magnetic and charismatic actors of the last 40 years.

Pretty sure quite a few on this forum will shed more than just a tear for this absolute legend.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

In complete and utter bits at this news .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-49098435

Rutger Hauer from Etienne Navarre , John Ryder and Roy Batty  so many more .

R.I.P 

one maybe THE greatest most memorable movie moment ever 

LEGEND 

Totally shocked and gutted at this news ... the vid above says it all .... one of the greatest movie moments ever ... time to ... go watch BR again....

☹️☹️☹️

R.I.P.......

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

It's so sad when we lose someone that brought us so much excitement and entertainment.

We are fortunate at least, to have such wonderful moments preserved in our collections, that we may revisit and appreciate.

Thank-you Rutger, so very much for the moments you gave us.

So very much appreciated....🤗  🙁

Hey buddy @Grendel, I'm not as familiar w/all his films... which do you like and recommend?

• Like 2

I very much enjoy most of the films Hauer was in but off the top of my head, I suppose I'd suggest;

- Blade Runner (of course)

- The Hitcher

- Blood of Heroes (aka Salute of the Jugger)

- Ladyhawke

- Split Second, and

- Flesh and Blood

as the ones that most impressed me. 

Lots of others and I'm sure @Scary Hair could come up with a great list as well. 🙂

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I very much enjoy most of the films Hauer was in but off the top of my head, I suppose I'd suggest;

- Blade Runner (of course)

- The Hitcher

- Blood of Heroes (aka Salute of the Jugger)

- Ladyhawke

- Split Second, and

- Flesh and Blood

as the ones that most impressed me. 

Lots of others and I'm sure @Scary Hair could come up with a great list as well. 🙂

Hey @Grendel, I was looking for him in TV series' and saw he was in all these from TV Guide Rutger Hauer credits

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grendel said:

^^ Oh, and I suppose I'd be remiss were I not to mention 2 totally off-the-wall bat-scat crazy films that were, it not for Rutger, not much of a watch;

- Hobo With A Shotgun, and

- Argento's Dracula (which I have in 3D, heh)

😉

I’ll add Blind Fury as well.

Also, two small but notable roles in Sin City and especially Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Thanks 1

Anything with Mr Hauer in is worth a watch @Veum

I watched The Hitcher  first time when i was about 15 .  NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER  have I  even thought about picking up a hitchhiker  .

Making the kids watch before they go out driving on there own 

Slow burn  ABSOLUTELY chilling also a fair few performances owe there unhingedness to Rutger Hauer's quiet  simmering psychopath  .

Movies to recomend my picks would be 

Blade Runner  the speech alone at the end blows you away .

Ladyhawke  fabulous medieval epic criminally under rated

Wanted Dead Or Alive  Bounty hunter vs cold blooded killer

A Breed Apart A loner whos world is tipped upside  down when a stranger arrives on his island that is home to a precious rare bird .

Blind Fury A thrilling action flick 

Split Second Sci Fi perfection 

Nighthawks  Superb thriller worth multiple watches

Escape From Sobibor  True story of a secind wirld war concentration camp escape

Flesh and Blood Paul Verhoeven at his finest 

Hobo with a shotgun i tried watching only not my thing at all

Loads more credits and some i need to watch foe the first time and others revisit .

Truly versatile actor and a great loss .

• Like 1

good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 🤠

It’s Friday and were heading into the weekend... go get’em Granny! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3b2e0c6d57466d55

How you doing my lovely psychos... well I for one am looking forward to my one-clicks coming, WeET Black Panther, Seven, Hunter Killer, etc., how bout you?! 🎬

Well what else is in store (I need my tier membership peeps tomorrow... can someone make sure I get one 🤑) for us here in MP!? Hope to here some more exciting news from you all!

Have a fantastic day you gorgeous psychos (I just enjoy these/this room so much 🌏)!! 

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3b31f65573425563

good morning to you @Veum well its 20.20pm here just got back from visiting mother in law this evening she is off on holiday in the morning and the wife wanted to see her before she goes. aint i good husband xD

i hope you get what your after prem membership wise couldn't happen to a nicer person imho.

well it would seem to be getting a hell of alot quieter in here of late.

back to the bad old ways after all the good work as well to get it going.

giphy.gif

omg just stumbled on this, damn why has no one told me about this at all? @Scary Hair i is looking at you xD

basil :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Basil said:

good morning to you @Veum well its 20.20pm here just got back from visiting mother in law this evening she is off on holiday in the morning and the wife wanted to see her before she goes. aint i good husband xD

i hope you get what your after prem membership wise couldn't happen to a nicer person imho.

back to the bad old ways after all the good work as well to get it going.

giphy.gif

omg just stumbled on this, damn why has no one told me about this at all? @Scary Hair i is looking at you xD

Hey @Basil, how is it going? Nice of you to be w/your wife & in-laws! 😃

Yeah, you should visit the French/German Rooms they are always having fun... I love chatting in those rooms! 🌏

We need a stimulated here in the English Room... you up for it (not me, I’m a follower, not a leader 🤫)!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3b5cc26766503951

Edited by Veum

3 hours ago, Basil said:

back to the bad old ways 

No good looking at me . I'm tighter then a 5919ed0b5d180_images(2).jpg.ff56826c6a4035641a4c56b6a1a04df8.jpg

I refuse to pay for TV the Licence fee is enough 🤬🤬🤬😛😛.

They wrecked Star Trek when it went onto Sky .

Then when the Beeb did get it hit and miss for football or tennis  stop using inappropriate language

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Veum said:

Hi @blu.steel33, sorry do I need one of those millennium urban dictionaries or how do I understand different slang from my generation!? xD

giphy-downsized.gif

Lots of photos of us in the "this and that" German Room check them out and join in! :)

giphy.gif

Hey veum sorry do you need me to talk S  L  O W L E  Y  for you 

• Haha 1

@Scary Hair @ukade2327 @Pbsw23 @Robertm89 @deckard99 @RileyLad 

Hello English room

I often read people complaining about the lack of activity in this thread, which is indeed a shame. I urge you all to go visit the German room and see what they’ve been up to since yesterday (no need to understand German in order to appreciate what they’ve done).

If you’re game for doing the same, I’ll be expecting some mugshots to be posted here.

If enough people are up for it, I’ll try my best to compile something in the same vein 😉

Cheers

• Like 3