IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

5 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@RileyLad

Doctor Sleep is a solid follow up to The Shining, it feels like it’s own movie while also paying some homage to Stanley Kubrick's adaptation. I believe most of the people who are fans of The Shining will appreciate this sequel. I’m a horror, suspense junky so I plan to get a copy or two.

Yeah @RileyLad / @Hollywood E Rock

I’m just finishing up DOCTOR SLEEP 🛏 (I had to hang in there at the beginning & then it picks up nicely) & you are right it is excellent IMO & as you said I love the subtle references to the Shining... just brilliant 5 🎬 for me!😘

• Like 3

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Received this Email today from EverthingBlu (UK);

Quote:

"CORNETTO TRILOGY SALE

BluBlox, Fullslip, Lenticular

Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce for a period of time we are slashing the price of our Cornetto Trilogy line so please take this opportunity to purchase any edition at 35% off.

We hope watching these classic comedies will help put a smile on your face during these trying times.

Please stay safe and we thank your continued support.

EverythingBlu"

: Unquote

Link;

https://www.everythingblustore.com/?mc_cid=a93c6e6954&mc_eid=d18d411199

I do not know, if they do or do not have shipping issues right now.  🤔

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Doctor Sleep is a solid follow up to The Shining, it feels like it’s own movie while

10 hours ago, Veum said:

you are right it is excellent IMO & as you said I love the subtle references to the Shining

Cheers for the great reviews lads, that’s great to hear 😁

Wish zavvi had released the white Steelbook as I’d have definitely picked that up by now. The 4k ones are minimum £50 to import to the UK. Will wait for a premium release I think.

Come on Hdzeta- don’t let me down 🤞

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RAK said:

It’s Friday, and Easter Weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it the best they can.

You too mate. Like @Basil said we’ve got some great weather here in the UK 🇬🇧 for the next few days ☀️. Gonna chill in the garden and sink a few 🍺

Got a leg of lamb in the fridge for Sunday and cupboard full of chocolate  for my kids🍫.

20 minutes ago, RAK said:

st had our stay at home order extended through the end of the month.

Me too. Think a lot of people are in the same boat. I heard yesterday from work earliest I’m gonna be back is the 4th May. Just thankful I can be at home safe. Thoughts go out to the people still having to work now, especially the people working in super markets, NHS or any one else coming in contact with the general public.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

You too mate. Like @Basil said we’ve got some great weather here in the UK 🇬🇧 for the next few days ☀️. Gonna chill in the garden and sink a few 🍺

Got a leg of lamb in the fridge for Sunday and cupboard full of chocolate  for my kids🍫.

Me too. Think a lot of people are in the same boat. I heard yesterday from work earliest I’m gonna be back is the 4th May. Just thankful I can be at home safe. Thoughts go out to the people still having to work now, especially the people working in super markets, NHS or any one else coming in contact with the general public.

Sounds like a decent plan. I wish I could do stuff outside, the weather has been up, and down. Been trying to mow my lawn, but can’t get enough nice days for the ground to dry.

Edited by RAK
  • Like 3

@RileyLad nice to hear you have it all mapped out weekend and work wise you know and that you and all family at home 👍

personally im stuck at home just open ended stay at home till we phone you, that was 2-3 weeks ago.

unfortunately wife builds computers and its gone mad where she works, some computers are for nhs but they have been on the system anyway, rest is high end gaming machines as people now stuck at home they seem to be getting that machine they really wanted and most paying for speedy builds. she was telling me they have about 3-4 weeks work on system, with not much slow down either. which is a real pain as i want her at home not in a massive factory even though they are all 2 meters apart, big tin warehouse just going to circle the germs you ask me.

while the owner just sits at home working safely for him, he a money grabbing so and so, it gets my goat.

the only time im getting out is to take her to and from work in my car as not having her on bus. so out at 6 am then come home about 7am, then back out about 3.30pm back home about 4.30pm. so worried about her being in there just feel its not safe.

just wish he furlough her but till there workload runs out none of that will happen.

the cheeky sod has even given them letters saying it is ESSENTIAL as they cannot work from home implying they are 'essential workers' in the letter the way its worded when they are not. not at all. its criminal those letters.

they have done just about everything they can to make sure they are there no matter what. the only thing they have done is shut down the shop at front of building.

to be legal. but thats about it.

all the best

basil 👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, RAK said:

Been trying to mow my lawn, but can’t get enough nice days for the ground to dry.

Was like that at my old house mate. South facing lawn with no sun on the back of garden. I moved into a new house 5 years ago and they’d spent a fair bit on the back garden just before we moved in. Artificial grass is the way forward 🤣 I even got some money for my old lawn mower 😁

Hopefully yours will dry out once the summer finally arrives 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Basil said:

home just open ended stay at home till we phone you, that was 2-3 weeks

They said that to me to on my last working day. But thankfully that idea seems to have been ditched 👍

its gone mad where she works,

I feel sorry for anyone still working now. Not only are they at risk for not self isolating but are now under more pressure than normal due to the people  who are at home ordering thing online to make their self isolation better 😕

some things should be made to wait.

want her at home not in a massive factory even though they are all 2 meters apart

It’s very stressful for those still working. I can relate to that as I only stopped working less than 2 weeks ago. People were still bringing their car in for service and Mots. I was having to disinfect between 6-10 cars before I worked on them. And even then it was just a quick wipe down - but ya just did your best. Always thinking about maybe catching this horrible virus. Didn’t help because some people were bringing the car in for such minor things - people who shouldn’t even been out of there house and in the age danger zone bracket too

while the owner just sits at home working safely for him, he a money grabbing so and so, it gets my goat

Sounds familier! Make ya sick doesn’t it mate. All about the money And not thinking about the safety of their staff 👎

the cheeky sod has even given them letters saying it is ESSENTIAL as they cannot work from home implying they are 'essential workers' in the letter the way its worded when they are not. not at all. its criminal those letters.

they have done just about everything they can to make sure they are there no matter what. the only thing they have done is shut down the shop at front of building.

to be legal. but thats about it

That really doesn’t sound good mate. Makes ya blood boil! 😡 

My wife is a dental nurse and paid by the NHS (a rubbish wage). They’ve actually said that to get there 80% off the government that she may have to go and work as carers for the Corona victims at the Manchester arena. She’d be taking care of the infected patients and turning them on their beds. We are not happy about this because at the end of the day dental nurses don’t get treated very well especially financially. There’s also a big shortage of them in the industry. Some of the young nurses are being forced to go work there but we’ve made a conscious decision that if that was to happen Her she may have to hand her notice in. This might sound incredibly selfish compared to the mighty brave NHS workers who are risking their lives every day but from our point of view she is not a medically trained nurse, she won’t have the proper training or equipment and we’ve got two young kids that need a mother here. She’s also been told that she’d have to write a Will before carrying out this duty which of course we have to pay for. 

People at the bottom of the payroll are not treated very nicely and its always do as I say, not as I do kind of attitude.

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 5

@Basil - also sorry I didn’t reply to a few things in the English room. Like I said the last few weeks I worked before closing for self isolation were very stressful and busier than normal. Just couldn’t keep up with the English room and only just replied to things I got tagged in very quickly. 

Since I’ve been off I’ve got a lot of jobs done at home the first week

Feels good to have pressed the reset button 🤣

Trying to make the most of this time I’ve got off now and enjoy it the best I can. Spending more time with the kids and enjoying the simple things. Even started exercising again too- Theres a YouTube channel called Joe wicks which has a new 30 min workout video each day! Even started going for a run every other afternoon!

Just dig my bike out from the shed - first time in 3 years! Gave her a bit of tlc and hope to get out on that later!

But don’t think I’m living a completely new healthy lifestyle- I keep staying up till  1am playing COD online (Xbox) and drinking tequila 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

My wife is a dental nurse and paid by the NHS (a rubbish wage). They’ve actually said that to get there 80% off the government that she may have to go and work as carers for the Corona victims at the Manchester arena. She’d be taking care of the infected patients and turning them on their beds. That we are not happy about this because at the end of the day dental nurses don’t get treated very well especially financially. There’s also a big shortage of them in the industry. Some of the young nurses are being forced to go work there but we’ve made a conscious decision that if that was to happen Laura she may have to hand her notice in. Might sound incredibly selfish compared to the mighty brave NHS workers who are risking their lives every day but from our point of view she is not a medically trained nurse, she won’t have the proper training or equipment and we’ve got two young kids that need a mother here. She’s also been told that she’d have to write to Will before carrying out this duty which of course we have to pay for. 

People at the bottom of the payroll are not treated very nicely and it said there as I say not as I do kind of attitude.

know precisely what your saying and agree, shes not trained for that and they cant legally ask her to do that, complete bullying and probably illegal as well.

my question would be how is she trained to turn people and if she threw her back would they pay her then?

you are either furloughed or not. and as she is not a trained medical professional other than dental nurse. and that is well beyond her remit and especially with two children they would be putting ALL of you at risk. 

so if she had to jack i would get free legal advice from citizen advice before she does armed with correct info may make them stop asking, once she stands up if required

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/finding-free-or-affordable-legal-help/

i know in past they helped me over phone and sent info in post.

they cant force her to do anything period!

and im ashamed her managers are behaving like this.

one thing i would ask her to do

is ask for what there asking exactly in writing in detail to confirm to it for legal reasons and her personnel reference all on headed note paper and signed by managers concerned.

then watch them back down and shut up and change there tune be my bet.

all the best

basil 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Basil said:

know precisely what your saying and agree, shes not trained for that and they cant legally ask her to do that, complete bullying and probably illegal as well.

my question would be how is she trained to turn people and if she threw her back would they pay her then?

Glad you see it that way too mate.

And that’s also a very good point- it’s very hard work 

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

so if she had to jack i would get free legal advice from citizen advice before she does armed with correct info may make them stop asking, once she stands up if required

We’re hoping it doesn’t come to that but that’s good thinking and cheers for the advice. Will definitely go there if needs must 👍

15 minutes ago, Basil said:

im ashamed her managers are behaving like this.

one thing i would ask her to do

is ask for what there asking exactly in writing in detail to confirm to it for legal reasons and her personnel reference all on headed note paper and signed by managers concerned.

then watch them back down and shut up and change there tune be my bet.

That’s another good point and Yes I don’t think they have properly thought it through! Some bright spark in a suit that decides how the NHS money get paid out, covering the cracks in the NHS hospital system.

End of the day lots of people struggling with work at these worrying times. I should just be thankful for now we’re both at home getting 80%

hope this isolation stops the peak and things can get back to normal for everyone as soon as possible 

• Like 4

🥤 Mail Call today!🤠 🎬

Just arrived from our UPS man hey!🙂

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

DB0A19D6-7FF5-47E1-B727-22515C740F00.gif.5589009fdda2ae11ab161ec14b47e95b.gif

From the Buy 2 get 1 free sale!🤩

AQUAMAN 4K UHD/BD/DC

WESTWORLD Season 2 The Door 4K UHD/BD/DC

BUMBLEBEE 4K UHD/BD/DC

GOODFELLAS 4K UHD/BD/DC

PINK PANTHER cartoon collectionVol. 5 1976-1978 BD

DEADPOOL 2 4K UHD/BD/DC (includes 2 versions THEATRICAL and URATEDCUT)

HELL OR HIGH WATER 4K UHD/BD/DC

BLACKkkKLANSMAN 4K UHD/BD/DC

283013E8-3AAE-46CC-92DB-03B128CE4A5F.thumb.jpeg.aab15177bf0d6319ce61f31b7912c236.jpeg

• Like 3

Morning Gang, 

Spent the day in the garden yesterday, likewise will do so again today.

@Basil I’m Still thinking on your “create your own movie” question 😁

@Hollywood E Rock We have to have an Easter (Bunnies) themed Sexy Saturday/Sunday right? 😜

@Veum Your constant daily hauls just amaze me! Your “to watch” pile must be massive. 😲

@RileyLad Good to see you back buddy, what are your opinions on Puma Speed vs Mountune mate? 🤔

@Scary Hair Good morning Ann, I hope you’re staying safe in those aisle! 🥺

@Robertm89 Now who’s a ghost bro?! Happy Easter Fella. 👻

@RAK Sad to hear about your weather right now. I love being in the garden. I’m imagining that you having a large back yard? 🌳

@Grendel How is isolation going mate? Are you happily ploughing your way through anime? 🤓

@Count Dantes Morning Brody, I’ve still not completed that update yet mate. Meant to do it last night but fell asleep on the sofa 😂

@R1s1ngs0n Eli, I have an idea for a new fun thread. I’ll try to remember and ping you a pm later with some details. 😉

@Trianna How you doin’? 😋

Happy Saturday peeps. Stay Safe, Stay Sane, Stay Sexy ✌🏼❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
SEXY Saturday 

Spoiler

x5mwzBq.jpg

GD4gRNa.jpg

6diMwTM.jpg

a139JMr.jpg

QByfeoh.jpg

gheQAG3.jpg

trS8cv2.jpg

gMePDEb.jpg

V1N4jYU.jpg

5NFADNO.jpg

A2342sQ.jpg

dtHTStu.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! @Basil @RileyLad I read you guys posts my thoughts go out to your wives. It’s a whole lot easier dealing with this situation if you can stay in the house. My mother is in a similar situation as you guys partners because she actually works in a hospital. She is responsible for making sure all the test ran on patients get sent to the proper areas. She told me that do to the hospital being under staffed for this virus that the bosses have been asking doctors & nurses to come back out of retirement & she said that they may try & force them to help the doctors with the sick. It’s the same problem that your wife is dealing with RileyLad because all the people who work in the office w/my mother are not properly trained to perform nurse work smh. I know that eventually everything will be back to normal, I just hope that lessons can be learned from this so when the day comes again more lives can be saved. 

On a different note I didn’t realize it was Easter weekend 😂. I had plans to run to the store to restock on a few items, but I may not go out now. It maybe to busy given the holiday & from what I’ve seen & heard people in my area haven’t really been following the social distancing rule.

I hope that everyone is staying safe as possible & Here’s to everyone apart of this community having a Sweet Saturday!

giphy.gif

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Morning Gang, 

@Hollywood E Rock We have to have an Easter (Bunnies) themed Sexy Saturday/Sunday right? 😜

@Pbsw23

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

A great idea on top of a great idea! It’s simply brilliant. I’ll see what photos I can find for Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone

tired bbc two GIF by BBC

25 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Morning Gang, 

@Trianna How you doin’? 😋

Joey Tribbiani Flirt GIF

Just got up, guess I have to set an alarm again cause I've been waking up too late. Other than that I'm doing pretty good 😋 enjoying the weather as much as I can.

• Like 6