IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Absolutely LOVED Excalibur!

Hard to believe the same man (Boorman) was responsible for The Exorcist II and Zardoz....🥴

Also a big fan of Sam Neil and definitely need to grab that Merlin series. ( I have the fig of the dragon for it, heh)

edit: you're right @Scary Hair, that version of Merlin is only on dvd (dang!) but still going to order it today.  😀

The new one, The Adventures Of Merlin is already up to S-5 and all on Blu, so I take it it's not too shabby?

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Oh My God Reaction GIFschitts creek no GIF by CBC

I love you but your wrong 😘😘😂

AND THIS is what makes MP GREAT we ALL have a point of view .

The fact that these sets are available to you you and me love GIF

MOST of Kirbriks outing are complete pretentious over hyped shite .

I have seen most 2001 yes masterpiece yet ALL of that for such a wank ending . The idiots not closing the windows and speaking in the eye line of a demented spy cam .

The Shining the ONLY thing that saved it was Scatman Crothers and  Nicholson . Locked in with Shelly Duvale for that amount of time I would have gone Bat stop using inappropriate language Crazy as she is such a stop using inappropriate languageing drip .

Spartacus and Path Of Glory Stand out movies from him and worth more hype than the other shite have ever got .

The Exorsist ohh sounds like we have a Tiger in the attic . Ill just hold this candle stick and have a closer look 

WTF go go go running GIF

Now The Exorcist 3  that I will not watch unless its daylight scared disney pixar GIF by Disney

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Hard to believe the same man (Boorman) was responsible for The Exorcist II and Zardoz....🥴

Excalibur IS fantastic with early turns from Patrick Stewart , Liam Neeson , Ciran Hines for starters .

• Like 3

@Veum Not sure if you have it in the States, I’m guessing not but Merlin was on the Sci Fi channel here the other day. I watched all of it from start to finish and it is decent enough, though by the last season or two, I found I’d had enough of a couple of the characters slapped arse face scowling, and just wanted them to die already 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Scary Hair @Pbsw23 @Grendel

Yeah we all have our different points of view, if we all thought the same it wudnt be as fun. For me I love all of Kubrick's work and I think the shining is a classic. 

The exorcist I can't believe your not a fan of and I hope you were not saying that the Exorcist 3 was superior 😂😂 but if you were I respect your wrong chocies lol. Nah man all kidding aside we all like different things in different ways. Just like a few of my mates are big star wars fans and I just don't get it. I will happily have these horrors in my collection and least you still managed to pick up the one you do enjoy Ann. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ I think of all Stanley's fliks (and of course I have them all), the one I was most fascinated with was;

A Clockwork Orange.

Kubrick, McDowell and Burgess[author] should all have received Oscars but was safe to say, that wasn't gonna happen...

It was Banned here in the UK for years and id read the plot line and heard how good it was . Then I sat and watched and 

orange is the new black no GIF

I was NOT impressed at all. com 

Now this is me as others I know are transfixed and enamoured by him and his movies and THAT is great . 

They are just not for me I Love You Lova Ya GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Grendel said:

, Martin Short Also a big fan of Sam Neil and definitely need to grab that Merlin series. ( I have the fig of the dragon for it, heh)

edit: you're right @Scary Hair, that version of Merlin is only on dvd (dang!) but still going to order it today.  😀

The new one, The Adventures Of Merlin is already up to S-5 and all on Blu, so I take it it's not too shabby?

DO IT @Grendel the Cast alone  On MY Merlin . That Merlin Sam Neil , Helena Bonham Carter , Rutger Hauer , Marand Richardson , Martin Short , John Geilgood , Issabella Rossilini , James Earl Jones 

it may only be a DVD it is a king among them .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ I think of all Stanley's fliks (and of course I have them all), the one I was most fascinated with was;

A Clockwork Orange.

Kubrick, McDowell and Burgess[author] should all have received Oscars but was safe to say, that wasn't gonna happen...

Watched Barry Lyndon for the first time yesterday (it was on my to-watch list for a very long time). Ordered the Criterion edition as soon as it ended.

What a stunning film! Perhaps Kubrick's most under appreciated work. Easily in the top 5 of the most beautifully shot films ever (other 4 spots are probably occupied by Kubrick as well).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Veum Not sure if you have it in the States, I’m guessing not but Merlin was on the Sci Fi channel here the other day. I watched all of it from start to finish and it is decent enough, though by the last season or two, I found I’d had enough of a couple of the characters slapped arse face scowling, and just wanted them to die already 🤣🤣🤣

Scratch that @Veum mate. I’ve just realised Ann was talking about a deferent series to me. I’d forgotten about the one she refers to.... which is better 😂👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

@Scary Hair @Pbsw23 @Grendel

Yeah we all have our different points of view, if we all thought the same it wudnt be as fun. For me I love all of Kubrick's work and I think the shining is a classic. 

The exorcist I can't believe your not a fan of and I hope you were not saying that the Exorcist 3 was superior 😂😂 but if you were I respect your wrong chocies lol. Nah man all kidding aside we all like different things in different ways. Just like a few of my mates are big star wars fans and I just don't get it. I will happily have these horrors in my collection and least you still managed to pick up the one you do enjoy Ann. 

Superior IF you mean it in the way that I was scared poop GIF less  then yes for me for whatever reason it shook me to the core .

like  Predator LOVED the first 1 saw it on my own opening week  BRILLIANT Movie .

YET Predator 2 Took the nerves gangling and making sure no one was the stop using inappropriate language behind me while I was going to the car with a strapping bloke that became an EX not long after .

For whatever reason with me Horror has to resinate I HAVE to belive it to feel it THE FEAR .

Another is the original Omen Those movies are few and far between fortunately for me   . OR I would be a bigger wreck than what I am girl smile GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This information is from Facebook thanks to @Damiend for the heads up...

Dear Collectors,

we wish you Happy Easter and we are also bringing fast updates.

The rest of you waiting for the FAC 128 SPIDER-MAN FAR FROM HOME will be satisfied and delivered by the end of April. We kindly apologize but some boxes needed to be reprinted repeatedly as this box coating is the best we have created so far and our quality check tries to pay attention to every detail.

FAC 127 GHOST IN THE SHELL
According to the news received from our supplier, the special structured coating took more to be successfully finished. And some slipcases needed to be reprinted more times. We have just been delivered the completed batch as we waited for the reprints. That means that we start completion on Tuesday and dispatching will be launched by the end of the next week. The first photos of this Full Slipcase you can check below.

FAC 129 THE ROCKETMAN
The production of THE ROCKETMAN FULL Slipcases waited for the finishing of production FAC 127. Seventy-five percent of the delivered full slips THE ROCKETMAN have been found alright, the rest needs to be reprinted. We were assured that reprints will be made even more carefully in the priority one mode. Dispatch of premium edition THE ROCKETMAN should start by the end of the other week around April 22. 

We plan to inform you about FAC 130 - 134 soon.

Stay safe and take care of yourself.

Best regards,
Team FA

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

I wondered who would be the first to step up 😂 What an absolute load of old tosh 🤣🤣

@Pbsw23

I didn’t want to highjack the thread with this great discussion so I brought it to the more appropriate battle field 🤣. See I was nice enough to show you the error of your ways but just like the WebSlinger who you love, you’re hard headed to the lessons 😆

Its got absolutely no nothing to do with the movie industry.

So you’re telling me your argument was about COMICS? Wasn’t it Marvel who sold the rights to these oh so great characters because they wasn’t turning a profit? So how exactly is Marvel better than DC in the comic book department? Both companies have had their ups and downs but Throughout their history DC has been the bigger distributor of comics.

If I take the movies into consideration, it only gets worse for DC...... Sooooo much worse 😂😂😂

On the subject of movies how exactly does it get worse for DC when it’s DC characters that have been having successful movies since the 60s. Marvel can’t say the same, sure their movies are doing great now after years of DC success. You can’t pretend like Marvel is greater than DC in the movie department when movies about DC characters have been successful long before Marvel Studios existed. 

So you’re “trying” to tell me that Captain America, Iron Man & Spidey pale into comparison? 🤣🤣🤣 To whom exactly? DC have Batman & Superman. That’s it. Even Wonder Woman is only enjoying a little reprise due to the actress portraying her. I haven’t even even mentioned Hulk or Thor. 😁👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m telling you. You think because Marvel is on top NOW that somehow erases history? Captain America, Ironman, Hulk & Thor wasn’t even A list superheroes until there movies came out. Nobody in the 80s, 90s early 00s cared about these characters outside of us comic book fans. Hell nobody cared about these characters until it was hinted at that they would all exist together in one Cinematic Universe. 

DC with Superman, & Batman alone have been apart of popular culture since before we was born. You can’t be arguing against this. Also Wonder Woman has been popular for years more than any Marvel character except Maybe Spider-Man & the movie did well because the character is super popular outside the comic book community. No one cares about Gal. She doesn’t sale tickets outside of Wonder Woman even though she is absolutely wonderful.

Nice try @Hollywood E Rock but even you have o point out thier failures to prove your argument. #TeamMarvel. 

Ps. Love ya Bro  😊👍🏼

Character flaws are not failures, especially when for literally decades the characters have made the company that owns them tons of dollars from comics, toys, t-shirts, television, movies etc. I get it you prefer Marvel characters over DC characters, that’s fine there’s nothing wrong with that. Hell I love them both, but if you are trying to make the argument that Marvel characters are somehow greater than DC characters then you are 🙃🙃🙃. The history of both companies in all media don’t back up your opinion. #Team DC 😎.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Hollywood E Rock Literally feel like I cannot be arsed to counter each point of that! 😂 but the question was which is better, Marvel or DC. Not the characters, not the movies, not the comics. As a Whole. Whether Marvel sold up or not is by the by, it found a way to survive, to come back stronger. It has evolved. And that is by telling Great stories. For me DC is a huge muddied mess, because it relies on telling stories about 2 men. Bats & Supes. 

Perhaps in America your Wonder Woman argument is true, but not globally. Feel like I should call out an Invisible jet about here..... one of the biggest jokes out there. 😉 “No one cares about Gal”??? Really? Do you realise which platform you just stated that on?! 🤣 Swear half of our Psychos watch WW primarily for her. 😁

Define “successful movie” for me please? Genuinely interested in this. Trust me, I am not pretending Marvel is greater than DC in the movie department, I am outright stating it. Yeah the MCU has lifted Marvels game - undoubtably so, but Xmen, Spider-Man, Fantastic 4, Hulk, Blade all had successful movies. But of course.... No one had heard of or cared about these characters right? Because Marvel only has Spidey? 🤣

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2