IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 1 Minute schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

Good day to everyone and welcome to the second chapter of this thrilling membership renewal saga 😁

@swish I hope you slept well and had a healthy intake of vitamins to help you tackle today's Gold assault. Should be a relatively 'quiet' event compared to yesterday's madness.

giphy.gifb57d1f74082484f91798d650d3faf599.gifgiphy.gif

yes if they will read the last 20 Pages then yeah i will be workless but that only a dream 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Good day to everyone and welcome to the second chapter of this thrilling membership renewal saga 😁

@swish I hope you slept well and had a healthy intake of vitamins to help you tackle today's Gold assault. Should be a relatively 'quiet' event compared to yesterday's madness.

Family Guy Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

Awards

1 minute ago, Koi999 said:

Ok, Im really confused by whats going on with this membership renewal!

Is it correct that we just wait for John to send us a message with an invitation to a tier?

Thanks in advance!

That’s pretty much it, yeah. I believe you get an invite for a special club where you can renew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 24 Minuten schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

@R1s1ngs0n Thank's for Your calming words.  Naked Gun Panic GIF  

I already feel much more relaxed...                       Fire Explosion GIF

vor 22 Minuten schrieb swish:

yes if they will read the last 20 Pages then yeah i will be workless but that only a dream 🤣

@swish Always good to know that we have not only a helpful and encouraging but also an especially REALISTIC Guardian  😎

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Houdeani:

I’m scared

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

vor 4 Minuten schrieb EnzoTakahashi:

Family Guy Reaction GIF

And to my frightend fellow (still...?) Gold-Members @Houdeani and @EnzoTakahashi :

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to be nervous or scared - just look at me, I'm totally at ease:      Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, F.M.S said:

@R1s1ngs0n Thank's for Your calming words.  Naked Gun Panic GIF  

I already feel much more relaxed...                       Fire Explosion GIF

@swish Always good to know that we have not only a helpful and encouraging but also an especially REALISTIC Guardian  😎

And to my frightend fellow (still...?) Gold-Members @Houdeani and @EnzoTakahashi :

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to be nervous or scared - just look at me, I'm totally at ease:      Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt

I completely understand why they’re doing it and think it’s a great idea, particularly for plats.

Whether I feel the same if don’t get an invite may be another story…

Dance Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

squirrel GIF

law and order crazy shit GIF

so many pages so much activity, looks like tier memberships are popular.

With the overall Platinum number getting lower (which is a good thing), I can tell you that the Gold number will get higher, since we hope to see many of the Platinum members that can't renew Platinum this time there again. When I look back at the last cycle Gold was almost in every instance a great tier rank, because most of the time they also got what they wanted. With less Platinum that also means that the Gold membership is getting stronger, so for some it might even be the better tier.

I think it is cooler for the main tier to have less spaces then the next tier. Makes it more special and if it is also tied in some way to the forum life and how member fulfill their duties instead of clicking on a purchase button that is a huge plus. If we would simply grow Platinum further Gold would become meaningless, nobody wants that.

I'm sorry if anyone feels disappointed about this, I hope you can get over it and maybe you're among the lucky members next time who can upgrade to Platinum again.

Not sure right now how many have not accepted the invite, so maybe we get a few late invites, who knows.

Anyway thank you all for your suppurt in the past, present and future.

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

vor 30 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

squirrel GIF

law and order crazy shit GIF

so many pages so much activity, looks like tier memberships are popular.

With the overall Platinum number getting lower (which is a good thing), I can tell you that the Gold number will get higher, since we hope to see many of the Platinum members that can't renew Platinum this time there again. When I look back at the last cycle Gold was almost in every instance a great tier rank, because most of the time they also got what they wanted. With less Platinum that also means that the Gold membership is getting stronger, so for some it might even be the better tier.

I think it is cooler for the main tier to have less spaces then the next tier. Makes it more special and if it is also tied in some way to the forum life and how member fulfill their duties instead of clicking on a purchase button that is a huge plus. If we would simply grow Platinum further Gold would become meaningless, nobody wants that.

I'm sorry if anyone feels disappointed about this, I hope you can get over it and maybe you're among the lucky members next time who can upgrade to Platinum again.

Not sure right now how many have not accepted the invite, so maybe we get a few late invest, who knows.

Anyway thank you all for your suppurt in the past, present and future.

The explanation of @extantsrevenge  Jumping David Attenborough GIF by BBC Earth perfectly reflects the sense of the changes that were made.

First of all, Platinum status becomes a true reward for special service and achievements to the community.

On the other hand the Gold Membership still leaves room for Members who may not have enough time to contribute constantly, but want to continue to support MP financially, and those who yearn to receive a better reputation can always try harder to reach out for the top. 

Furthermore - if you take a look at the Group Buys - it is no longer enough to "simply purchase" platinum to be able to rely on being able to secure an edition regardless of the time of participation - this actually strengthens the gold membership, because those who are interested in an edition can achieve a good list position if they take care of their desired treasure in time.

In my estimation, John and the admins have thus achieved a perfect compromise, combining the best of both worlds.

So Thanks to @Masterblaster @Scary Hair@ukade2327@thomue1987@DParadigm@blu.steel33@cypheria078@Count Dantes

@thomue1987@R1s1ngs0n@Hollywood E Rock@LeGonze@Veum@swish@Basil and naturally @extantsrevenge (not only for explaining his view)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, F.M.S said:

The explanation of @extantsrevenge  Jumping David Attenborough GIF by BBC Earth perfectly reflects the sense of the changes that were made.

First of all, Platinum status becomes a true reward for special service and achievements to the community.

On the other hand the Gold Membership still leaves room for Members who may not have enough time to contribute constantly, but want to continue to support MP financially, and those who yearn to receive a better reputation can always try harder to reach out for the top. 

Furthermore - if you take a look at the Group Buys - it is no longer enough to "simply purchase" platinum to be able to rely on being able to secure an edition regardless of the time of participation - this actually strengthens the gold membership, because those who are interested in an edition can achieve a good list position if they take care of their desired treasure in time.

In my estimation, John and the admins have thus achieved a perfect compromise, combining the best of both worlds.

So Thanks to @Masterblaster @Scary Hair@ukade2327@thomue1987@DParadigm@blu.steel33@cypheria078@Count Dantes

@thomue1987@R1s1ngs0n@Hollywood E Rock@LeGonze@Veum@swish@Basil and naturally @extantsrevenge (not only for explaining his view)

Makes sense in a way - but if you look if retailers will start doing lesser allocations - then this goes well with less plat members. So plats if they'll decide will get almost any edition 90% of the time, while rest of community for GB will be bloodbath. That prob won't be problem with HDZeta releases since allocations are usually bigger. Cause at least Manta i heard wanna more ppl preorder from their website - so ppl will then go to either their site or ebay like before if they'll fall out from GB here.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb 5t33lb0y:

Makes sense in a way - but if you look if retailers will start doing lesser allocations - then this goes well with less plat members. So plats if they'll decide will get almost any edition 90% of the time, while rest of community for GB will be bloodbath. That prob won't be problem with HDZeta releases since allocations are usually bigger. Cause at least Manta i heard wanna more ppl preorder from their website - so ppl will then go to either their site or ebay like before if they'll fall out from GB here.

I understand Your argument, but if however, reducing platinum memberships also means that the number of those who get "almost any edition" will be smaller - so the "bloodbath" will actually be "fairer" as a result.

Also, MP can't stop retailers from making their decisions and - as far as I could observe - the final list was always announced before the order window started on each manufacturer's sales page.

Therefore if MP can't get enough editions despite all their efforts, there is still the possibility for those who have to drop out of the GB to try their luck with a direct order.

After all, these problems are the natural consequence of limited products.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, swish said:

so have the madness already begin? Should i prepare or can i have a quiet day?

Happy The Rock GIF

it is the calm before the storm xD 

also people need be aware you will get asked by invite to join from john and that will appear at the top bell notification of the top of the page.

and until john is online nothing will happen!

basil 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb swish:

so have the madness already begin? Should i prepare or can i have a quiet day?

Happy The Rock GIF

Huh, that depends whether I get an invitation or not and have to develop into Veum  Angry Horror Film GIF by Trent Shy Claymations

(Do You already feel a Deja Vu named "The Message Desaster 2.0" crawling at Your back...?) xD

No no, just kidding... 9_9

• Haha 4