IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still making my way through Picard.  Not sure how I feel about this show to be honest.  The nostalgia is great, I like the new crew, but the story/plot . . . it falls somewhere between the wonderful overly complicated melodrama of ST original, and the focus and depth of Next Gen.  Still, a few hours spent in the Star Trek universe is better than emptying the dishwasher.  And I don't care what anyone says, a geriatric Picard is still the best cap ever.

• Like 3

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watched…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Tue Oct 25

The Wolf Man  (1941)  image.gif.e424edcabf13d87fe721a8d25326d0de.gifimage.gif.ca39f756152d9048727382a8b140a964.gifimage.gif.10a50c4749155ebf5c097269d0261c84.gifimage.gif.d0c1ec3f49c50b8922b9b3ddcc74ee9b.gifimage.gif.cd11a99739ad1605e3b469d0d88ddc59.gif

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection 4K (Blu-ray)

This is my fav of all the UCM, a classic! Lon Chaney Jr is fantastic as Lawrence Talbot as well as Claude Rains as his father and Evelyn Akers as Lawrence’s interest. The make-up and production sets are superb!! icon_biggrin.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

Last night we went with an 80s classic! Dan O'Bannon's Return of the Living Dead in 4K by Shout Factory.

@nathan_s82 maybe you know of the series’ Night of the Living Dead, I’m only looking for the serious zombie films in this series, I’m not a fan of the supposed “funny” zombie films in this series!

Do you know the list of serious zombie films in this series? 🤔 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

@nathan_s82 maybe you know of the series’ Night of the Living Dead, I’m only looking for the serious zombie films in this series, I’m not a fan of the supposed “funny” zombie films in this series!

Do you know the list of serious zombie films in this series? 🤔 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ 

I do for sure! The George Romero and Italian ones are more serious in nature. Not to say there isn't some hijinx occassionally.  Here are my recommendations:

Romero Series:

Night of the Living Dead

Dawn of the Dead

Day of the Dead

Land of the Dead

Diary of the Dead

Survival of the Dead

Italian Zombie Films:

Zombi 2 (Also called Zombie)

Zombi 3

Zombi 4 (Also called After Death)

Virus (Also called Hell of the Living Dead)

City of the Living Dead (Also called Gates of Hell)

Nightmare City (Also called City of the Walking Dead)

Also, check out Flesh Eater, which has the return of a zombie from Night of the Living Dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nathan_s82 said:

I do for sure! The George Romero and Italian ones are more serious in nature. Not to say there isn't some hijinx occassionally.  Here are my recommendations:

Romero Series:

Night of the Living Dead

Dawn of the Dead

Day of the Dead

Land of the Dead

Diary of the Dead

Survival of the Dead

Italian Zombie Films:

Zombi 2 (Also called Zombie)

Zombi 3

Zombi 4 (Also called After Death)

Virus (Also called Hell of the Living Dead)

City of the Living Dead (Also called Gates of Hell)

Nightmare City (Also called City of the Walking Dead)

Also, check out Flesh Eater, which has the return of a zombie from Night of the Living Dead.

@nathan_s82 I do have the first 4 on your Romero list and just looked up the last 3 but they do not look that interesting to me! 😉

I do own this Italian one (Zombie 1/2) though but not the last 5 on your Italian list (are they worth the purchase and where is a good place to order if they are? 🤔)?!! :)

Zombie 4K (Blu-ray)

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, Veum said:

@nathan_s82 I do have the first 4 on your Romero list and just looked up the last 3 but they do not look that interesting to me! 😉

I do own this Italian one (Zombie 1/2) though but not the last 5 on your Italian list (are they worth the purchase and where is a good place to order if they are? 🤔)?!! :)

Zombie 4K (Blu-ray)

My $.02 is that other than City of the Living Dead and Nightmare CIty you can probably skip the other Italian ones.  If you want City of The Living dead, Arrow has a good version and Cauldron is coming out with a 4K restoration.  

There are some Spanish and Mexican ones you might check out - Tomb of the Blind Dead, Cemetery of Terror and Grave Robbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gary K said:

My $.02 is that other than City of the Living Dead and Nightmare CIty you can probably skip the other Italian ones.  If you want City of The Living dead, Arrow has a good version and Cauldron is coming out with a 4K restoration.  

There are some Spanish and Mexican ones you might check out - Tomb of the Blind Dead, Cemetery of Terror and Grave Robbers.

I had forgot about Cemetery of Terror and Grave Robbers (need to watch them again)! I have the Scorpion Releasing/Ronin Flix Version of City of the Living Dead, and the Arrow one, and both are good, but have some different special features, but can't wait for the Cauldron version! Also, Severin released Zombi 3 & 4, but only Zombi 3 is a direct continuation of Zombi 2. 

• Thanks 2

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watched…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Thu Oct 27

The Omen (1976)  image.gif.e424edcabf13d87fe721a8d25326d0de.gifimage.gif.ca39f756152d9048727382a8b140a964.gifimage.gif.10a50c4749155ebf5c097269d0261c84.gifimage.gif.d0c1ec3f49c50b8922b9b3ddcc74ee9b.gifimage.gif.cd11a99739ad1605e3b469d0d88ddc59.gif

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)

A superb classic with great characters and actors and a most excellent story throughout, every scene was just perfect with this horror story… a very spooky enjoyable film for me! icon_biggrin.gif

Definitely one of my top horror films of all time for me!! :)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

Last Night was one of my favorites. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre by Tobe Hooper starring Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Edwin Neal, Jim Siedow and Gunnar Hansen. It looks amazing on the new 4K scan by Turbine.

Stone cold classic to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 6:57 PM, tylerismisfit said:

Watched Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016) last night, pretty decent supernatural horror movie, I really enjoy Brian Cox in Succession so this was a must watch for me.

I enjoyed a lot his movie. In my opinion, with a first half really well done, with a talented director doing a great job.

The second half ys more.. the usual one, not special, as many others; but as a whole I think that I should have a lbetter fame than it achieved.

• Like 3