IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

Working a little ot and watching this. I'm going to tell the truth and shame the devil. It's definitely a nostalgia trip and hits me in the feels. I know power rangers isn't everyone's taste naturally but having been a kid when the og rangers first hit the states and how awesome that was to experience for the first time is a memory and part of my life I will never forget. Even to this day I can go back and watch all the old stuff and enjoy it thoroughly. I was in second grade when mmpr first aired in the US so I would run home as school was practically two blocks away to watch G.I. JOE (got to get tough intro) Power Rangers and the 90's animated Batman series. It was a good time to be a kid. Sad of course to know what happened to Jason David Frank green/white ranger and Thuy Trang yellow ranger (rip to both) so it's interesting to see how they handled her story in this.

proxy-image.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stayed up late (on a work night I know insane) and watched code 8. I remember seeing the short film on YouTube years ago when quality short films with decent special effects were really starting to pop up on the platform. I liked what I saw so what a pleasant surprise to see it made into a full length film with a sequel. Included a link to the original short film that came out a while back.

sxpra (3).jpeg

sxpra (4).jpeg

Edited by LeadFarmer
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Anyone seen High Life?  The only Claire Denis I’ve watched is Beau Travail, I saw High Life listed today as a recommendation for people who liked Dune.

I’ve seen it. I don’t really have anything nice to say about it… it’s a movie masquerading as high art. In no way is it comparable to Dune 🤣
Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Just watched dune part 2.  I don't understand people saying it's way better than part 1.  It's exactly as good as part 1. It has more of an ending but still doesn't feel like a complete story.  I was expecting to like it more than blade runner 2049 but I think it comes in about even.  9.5/10

• Like 5

IMG_1189.thumb.jpeg.60b5f8bc724e167cf194351be59fac7a.jpeg

It would be hard imagine William H. Macy never seeing this movie before making Fargo, because Duryea has the same sound and mannerisms in this movie to the point that it’s uncanny.  Great movie.

Also, fwiw, it’s a shame Kino is so no frills, but they absolutely nail every transfer.  Also put in the first bit of Face/Off and it looks amazing.

• Like 6

The talk on the Andor steelbook release thread made me want to rewatch.  

Of course all these directors on this show are great, but a big shoutout to Susanna White and the three episodes Aldhani, The Axe Forgets, The Eye.  Some incredible camera work and fantastically subtle, but effective, storyline crossing.  I love how we see the inner workings of the Senate during the Empire's reign, but it doesn't fall in to political melodrama, the stakes are handled so well.  So good.  I hope she gets another set of episodes in season 2.

image.thumb.png.177c537bcf3c41be1fc291ba3cd14345.png

• Like 6

On 3/5/2024 at 3:53 AM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

So somehow my son has only seen bits and pieces of the Dark Knight trilogy, which means that I’ve failed as a father!  We kicked this bad boy in last night:

IMG_1158.thumb.jpeg.b1d8d62f2b4f157d79aeeb0724aad984.jpeg

May have to watch it again when the Manta Lab shows up.  Just a great movie.

As a member of this honourable community I feel obliged to remind you that every Psycho is responsible for the reducation of his children, making it easier for the community to perpetuate itself, and that, just as Psycho does not kill or cheat Psycho, every Psycho must give his children the best he has, and that he has not seen The Dark Knight trilogy is a dereliction of duty on your part, and a disgrace to the entire community.

Please don't let this happen again, or John will be forced to ban you.

PS: Oh, God, I didn't watched it with my daughter either....  🥺 This needs to be fixed!!! :D 

• Haha 7

Reality-341974907-large.jpg

I saw this film last night without knowing the story in depth. And I was surprised how interesting it was because there is no action, it's just an interrogation, and there is actually tension throughout most of the film. 

The dialogue is a faithful transcript of FBI recordings, and at times it's even surprising to hear comments that in a "contrived" script you would say are implausible, that they're not plausible, when, in fact, they did happen. 

In the end, the film implicitly raises the question of whether a person should go public when they are deceiving or betraying the citizens of a country, or whether they should keep quiet in order to follow the rules and not jeopardise other things. Something like Snowden. 

I liked it, it was entertaining; and I was also surprised at how good an actress Syndey Sweeney is at doing something like this.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

As a member of this honourable community I feel obliged to remind you that every Psycho is responsible for the reducation of his children, making it easier for the community to perpetuate itself, and that, just as Psycho does not kill or cheat Psycho, every Psycho must give his children the best he has, and that he has not seen The Dark Knight trilogy is a dereliction of duty on your part, and a disgrace to the entire community.

Please don't let this happen again, or John will be forced to ban you.

PS: Oh, God, I didn't watched it with my daughter either....  🥺 This needs to be fixed!!! :D 

🤠 maybe I’ll show with my imaginary friends 😝 

James Stewart Harvey GIF by Turner Classic Movies James Stewart Harvey GIF by Turner Classic Movies

psycho duckface GIF duck fail GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

Sátántangó (Satan's Tango) was a 7 & 1/2 hour masterpiece that I am SO GLAD I finally sat down and experienced in its entirety. This was a cinematic experience that impressed me in so many ways, and I can now understand why it still stays high at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

This film is definitely not for everyone, as it is 7 hours and 30 minutes long (divided up into 12 chapters with an intermission), and also isn't what movie watchers with short attention spans will appreciate (no offense). To give you an idea, the average time for a scene in most Hollywood movies is 2-3 seconds, but the average time of each scene in this movie is 2 minutes and 30 minutes -- which I LOVE!!!

This movie allows so many scenes to play out in ways that most movies never allow to happen. From watching every day tasks, conversations (facial expressions, etc.), and even 2-3 minute walking scenes in harsh elements where the camera just endlessly follows people walking down dirt roads and such with no talking, this film permits so many mundane, yet beautiful moments to breathe in ways that we aren't accustomed to nowadays.

It is flawless storytelling that not everyone will enjoy, but diehard movie buffs and cinephiles will adore this work of art. The goal of this breathtaking cinematography was to heavily immerse the viewer into the dark, depressing and incredibly harsh lives these citizens of this small town experience after their country (Hungary) fell apart financially after the fall of Communism. So, these exceedingly long shots aren't meant to cut away from the simplest or most basic of daily tasks, because you as the viewer need to see the poor lives they live.

If you ever want to take your movie-watching experience to the next level, legendary filmmaker Belá Tarr's "Sátántangó" is a MUST! And, you can watch each chapter, then watch another whenever you have time for more. I watched it all in one go today, and I couldn't be happier! Just please make sure to eliminate all distractions to truly appreciate the hard work that went into this film.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Awards

10 minutes ago, Nadam said:

I watched it all in one go today, and I couldn't be happier!

The whole post I was thinking, "I wonder if he watched this in one sitting." And you did! That's so impressive. I've never heard of this film before, a 7:30:00 TRT is just astounding to me. So it seems like the film actually justifies the runtime based on your review, is that right? I can't even picture how a film of that length would flow, my mind is kind of blown right now. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

The whole post I was thinking, "I wonder if he watched this in one sitting." And you did! That's so impressive. I've never heard of this film before, a 7:30:00 TRT is just astounding to me. So it seems like the film actually justifies the runtime based on your review, is that right? I can't even picture how a film of that length would flow, my mind is kind of blown right now. 

Yeah, it's actually interesting how the flow and pacing happen, as I wasn't even bored in the slightest. The story is based around a few villagers conspiring to take the money from a major sell-off that was supposed to be split 8 ways. Instead, 3 people (husband/wife, and another person) agree to split it 50/50, and then flee the town. Another villager catches-on and confronts the husband/wife, and as a result gets brought-in on the deal to now have it split 3 ways. As the story progresses, every shot is one long take without any cuts, and each shot lasts about 2-8 minutes each (the longest is the very first shot of the film showing cows that the town are selling-off, as that one is 8 minutes long). Each shot features really amazing cinematography covering mundane activities of which normally wouldn't be shown in most films (due to cuts, different angles, etc.), conversations with sometimes long staring in the eyes of the other person because there are moments of distrust (which I love these shots, as tiny little facial expression changes during these quiet stare-downs indicate internal conflict and different emotions), and more.

One of the most beautiful uses of these significantly long scenes are the tracking shots that follow the characters. For example, the roads around the town are destroyed by the elements and covered in mud, and since these people have no money and do not own any vehicles, they walk for days sometimes to get to other locations. As a result, you are watching people walk for 2-4 minutes in extremely harsh elements with this environment around them that is cold, damp, muddy and dead-looking. These long shots might not sound enjoyable since they are crazy drawn-out, but I adore it due to how much it makes you understand the difficulties in their lives. There aren't any smartphones, tablets, portable gaming consoles, etc. to keep anyone busy. These people just walk and go about their daily tasks in quiet, and sometimes with conversation. It makes you really understand the intricate details with some of the hopelessness they feel daily. 

• Like 4

Awards

On 3/5/2024 at 4:00 PM, jwhitm3 said:

Just watched dune part 2.  I don't understand people saying it's way better than part 1.  It's exactly as good as part 1. It has more of an ending but still doesn't feel like a complete story.  I was expecting to like it more than blade runner 2049 but I think it comes in about even.  9.5/10

it was put up online the other day i read a story dune part 3 is on the cards, probably why doesn't feel like complete story 👍

• Like 5

Well on Friday got my new wonka steelbook bought this on a total blind buy in the hope was a good stand alone and have to say was pleasantly suprised what a nice rolling film it was, it was on its own line and I thought rather nice flick 👍

Complete finger print magnet being gloss though 🤣

17100226914581286786134474202705.thumb.jpg.ad0efca665678c5d6b6c8feb7d0d00eb.jpg

basil 👍

• Like 4

Also bought gotg3 4k finally watched that and enjoyed that for nice bit of escapism 

Poor rocket that's all I'll say but if not seen it go watch it 👍

That's for my upcoming blufans steel coming in near future 

17100232025361989144036442150776.thumb.jpg.1a506aede34042501b3d93c970d94501.jpg

Basil 👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Basil said:

it was put up online the other day i read a story dune part 3 is on the cards, probably why doesn't feel like complete story 👍

Yeah the director said he wanted to adapt dune Messiah which is the second book and as I understand it where Paul's story ends (more or less). But he did say he was gonna do something else in between 

• Like 4