IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

📺 watching The Bay on BritBox… pretty sad that this reflects our very screwed up world/families. 😞 

image.jpeg.6146b2562b6659fb6f4a5c8a7beb43de.jpeg

The Bay (2019)

The Bay is set in the coastal town of Morecambe Bay and centers on Detective Sergeant Lisa Armstrong who is assigned to a missing persons investigation in the unique village. At first it seems like any other tragic, but all too familiar case, and as a police Family Liaison Officer, Armstrong is trained never to get emotionally involved. But there's something very different about this particular case when she realizes she has a personal connection to the frightened family - one that could compromise her and the investigation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing you guys mention Milla Jovovich I had to watch an old movie I once borrowed from a DVD STORE back when they still existed around 2007, a month later the store closed.

Anyway I love milla jovovich even though her acting has been ....ok at best.

I had this dvd ,I still own it called 45. It is her best acting role i have ever seen her in it's very realistic and very disturbing at parts.

All of the actors in this come off as very realistic they did a great job, sadly almost no one knows this movie it never came out on bluray either. 

Rewatched it last night and again this is a 8.5/10 for me 

it's funny,  tragic and sad and disturbingly  realistic!  Milla jovovich really has shown how good she can be.

I highly recommend  it!!

MV5BMjIxNTc1OTg2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODI0NTgwMzE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

MV5BMTM0MTdiZDgtY2UyMC00MDQ4LWIxMzQtZmE4NGFhMGJlNWNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk5MDQ0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Billy Talent
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I saw The Batman yesterday 😅

I never expected much from The Batman after we heard that Pattinson was cast as Batman, after the movie received so much praise from everywhere and has a very high vote and spot in the imdb Top 250, my expectation did increase...... and I was let down.

Sorry but I absolutely don't get the extreme praise for this. I don't think it had any memorable stuff included at all. It was an okay movie, not bad, but also not really good. No performance was special, most okay with Riddler being horrible bad, I was expeciting the doll from Saw showing up any second 😰.

I normally love long movies but only if it serves a purpose, it did not here. Most my disappointment lies with Matt Reeves, since I love his 2 Ape movies so much. I thought the movie felt like a long double episode to open a TV Series, way to many scene that only made it longer, very few action and strangely despite the huge budget a rather cheap looking design. I was actually bored of this very early into the movie.

And I don’t get why they can’t include a little humor, like @R1s1ngs0n wrote (in our Team channel) a good screenwriter should be able to include a little without making it feel alien toward the movie.

Also this must have been the most unable Batman in history, I mean he basically was not able to safe anyone. When in costume it also did not really matter that it was Pattinson inside, since Batman was mostly standing and quietly mumbling, the Bruce Wayne parts you can’t even take seriously, since they did not give him any persona or meaningful stuff to do.

I guess we will get more movies from this team and I’m not looking forward to it. That said my vote would still be 8 points.

I also want to add that Batman is my favorite hero of all time, I find him awesome in so many ways and he has the greatest cast of villains of all the Superheroes. I collect the comics for most of my life and I will never stop (even when I don't like the recent writing style very much). So it leads to me questioning a lot when it comes to new interpretations of this iconic character.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I never expected much from The Batman after we heard that Pattinson was cast as Batman, after the movie received so much praise from everywhere and has a very high vote and spot in the imdb Top 250, my expectation did increase...... and I was let down.

Sorry but I absolutely don't get the extreme praise for this. I don't think it had any memorable stuff included at all. It was an okay movie, not bad, but also not really good. No performance was special, most okay with Riddler being horrible bad, I was expeciting the doll from Saw showing up any second 😰.

I normally love long movies but only if it serves a purpose, it did not here. Most my disappointment lies with Matt Reeves, since I love his 2 Ape movies so much. I thought the movie felt like a long double episode to open a TV Series, way to many scene that only made it longer, very few action and strangely despite the huge budget a rather cheap looking design. I was actually bored of this very early into the movie.

And I don’t get why they can’t include a little humor, like @R1s1ngs0n wrote (in our Team channel) a good screenwriter should be able to include a little without making it feel alien toward the movie.

Also this must have been the most unable Batman in history, I mean he basically was not able to safe anyone. When in costume it also did not really matter that it was Pattinson inside, since Batman was mostly standing and quietly mumbling, the Bruce Wayne parts you can’t even take seriously, since they did not give him any persona or meaningful stuff to do.

I guess we will get more movies from this team and I’m not looking forward to it. That said my vote would still be 8 points.

I also want to add that Batman is my favorite hero of all time, I find him awesome in so many ways and he has the greatest cast of villains of all the Superheroes. I collect the comics for most of my life and I will never stop (even when I don't like the recent writing style very much). So it leads to me questioning a lot when it comes to new interpretations of this iconic character.

I also watched this today. I won’t pile on. I felt mixed leaving. There was a lot I enjoyed - the color pallet especially - but a couple things made me feel..off. I don’t mind a slow movie. Thin Red Line is one of my all time favorite movies. But each scene felt paced lethargically. With characters taking a LONG time to do simple things, often for “artistic” visual effect. Everyone seems to move to the pace of the Nirvana song they used, which made me want to clap at them, “Hey let’s go, there’s a terrorist on the loose!”

I don’t know how I feel about the Riddler yet. Spot on saying it felt like he was out of a Saw movie. Or Seven. Not bad things to cop from! But the Riddler’s violence was upsetting. He felt also like an amalgam of United States domestic terrorists from the 90’s. I don’t know that that’s a bad thing or a good thing, but perhaps paired with the overall slowness and heaviness of the movie, it felt unrelenting. There was no release. Great counter: the violence from Zodiac is also upsetting but it’s offset against real humor and pathos from its leads. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

5 hours ago, Christopher said:

I also watched this today. I won’t pile on. I felt mixed leaving. There was a lot I enjoyed - the color pallet especially - but a couple things made me feel..off. I don’t mind a slow movie. Thin Red Line is one of my all time favorite movies. But each scene felt paced lethargically. With characters taking a LONG time to do simple things, often for “artistic” visual effect. Everyone seems to move to the pace of the Nirvana song they used, which made me want to clap at them, “Hey let’s go, there’s a terrorist on the loose!”

I don’t know how I feel about the Riddler yet. Spot on saying it felt like he was out of a Saw movie. Or Seven. Not bad things to cop from! But the Riddler’s violence was upsetting. He felt also like an amalgam of United States domestic terrorists from the 90’s. I don’t know that that’s a bad thing or a good thing, but perhaps paired with the overall slowness and heaviness of the movie, it felt unrelenting. There was no release. Great counter: the violence from Zodiac is also upsetting but it’s offset against real humor and pathos from its leads. 

now you got me a bit worried here, chances are i wont see this till the steelbook lands on my doormat, unfortunately i at the moment have been advised by my doctor not to visit cinemas for the minute due to im higher risk with the coronavirus.

and i would have soooooooo loved to see this on the big screen

Prove It Video Games GIF by Top Coppers

basil 👍

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Basil said:

now you got me a bit worried here, chances are i wont see this till the steelbook lands on my doormat, unfortunately i at the moment have been advised by my doctor not to visit cinemas for the minute due to im higher risk with the coronavirus.

basil 👍

Same but for different reasons in not visiting the theatres anymore 😒

• Like 4

Am 7.3.2022 um 10:53 schrieb Billy Talent:

Seeing you guys mention Milla Jovovich I had to watch an old movie I once borrowed from a DVD STORE back when they still existed around 2007, a month later the store closed.

Anyway I love milla jovovich even though her acting has been ....ok at best.

I had this dvd ,I still own it called 45. It is her best acting role i have ever seen her in it's very realistic and very disturbing at parts.

All of the actors in this come off as very realistic they did a great job, sadly almost no one knows this movie it never came out on bluray either. 

Rewatched it last night and again this is a 8.5/10 for me 

it's funny,  tragic and sad and disturbingly  realistic!  Milla jovovich really has shown how good she can be.

I highly recommend  it!!

MV5BMjIxNTc1OTg2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODI0NTgwMzE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

MV5BMTM0MTdiZDgtY2UyMC00MDQ4LWIxMzQtZmE4NGFhMGJlNWNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk5MDQ0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Ok - I can see, why you gave it 8.5/10... Cracking Up Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Basil said:

basil 👍

Again I just have mixed feelings! It essentially has the same sort of vibe as Joker. And I initially liked Joker but it soon faded as I lost interest in ever seeing it again, despite it thematically being interesting. 

• Like 3

Thank you God.

Thank you destiny.

Thank you cinema.

Thank you Lumiere brothers.

Thank you Mr. Coppola.

Thank you universe.

Thank you to my parents because they gave me a great education and the opportunity to develope my own (good) taste.

Thank you to the local movies industry here.

Thank you to the taxi driver that run to help me to arrive in time.

Thank you to he old man in the hall of the movies for being so nice.

Thank you Paramount.

Thank you to the good weather yesterday night, when today it's raining.

Thank you Mr. Brando.

Thank you Mr. Pacino.

Thank you Mr. Duvall.

Thank you  Mr. Puzo, Mr. Rota, Mr. Tavoularis, Mr. Reynolds and Mr. Zinner.

and, of course, thank you Mr. Willis.

Thank you to the other people on the room due to their attitude.

Thank you to the cosmos,

to the stars,

thank you to the fantastic guy (!!!) that come with me, 

and thank you to everybody who make movies around the world. 

And to the people who still believe in cinema.

Yesterday night I seen "The Godfather", 50th anniversary, in a big theatre, a huge screen, with a great copy, as I never had seen it before.

Oh..., so special experience, so deep, being in the dark, listening to Brando, Pacino, they both talking; feeling -and smelling- each scene, like a wonderful compendium of moments that could be small and large gems individually, excited to feel that if the film had to stop suddenly, I could return home happy. And full.

There, inside, in the film, seeing it in the dark, so big around me, every detail, every voice, the light. That light.

A monumental film from start to finish, every step of the way.

I always liked it a lot, like a lot of people, you know; but I had never felt it like this, nor had it impacted me in this way.

Decidedly, yes, seeing it in a theater is different. This is another experience.

Because last night, and this opportunity, was not going to the movies, but living an experience, witnessing an event, like seeing the pyramids, the Gioconda, or opening your eyes in Saint Mark's Square for the first time.

And breath. And enjoy. And not only see but feel a masterpiece. Yes, not said as the usual coin, no: a master - piece. 

Yes, dear Psychos, I have been able to see "The Godfather" in the cinema. And in the best conditions.

I'm a privileged guy. No more. No less.

• Like 9

Last night I watched PTA’s Licorice Pizza.

This was my second viewing and I have to say I enjoyed it even more the second time. It’s definitely not PTA’s best feature, but certainly not his worst either. It’s completely obvious that this picture was a labor of love for PTA and a his way of honoring his friend and collaborator Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It’s just a shame PSH didn’t get to see it. At least that was my take away. 9/10

The best picture of the year in my humble opinion. 

1. Licorice Pizza 

2. Titane 

3. Last Night in Soho 

• Like 8

Last night I watched a Kurosawa masterpiece and one of my favorite movies ever, High and Low, on the big screen in 35mm at my local arthouse theater.

IMG_0485.jpg

It was pretty interesting to watch so soon after having watched The Batman since a lot of the new Reeves' movie's DNA is heavily steeped in this Japanese classic noir detective thriller. The second half of this movie in particular lays the groundwork for many of the modern procedural thrillers we know and love today (Se7en, Zodiac, The Batman, etc.).

I cannot recommend this film highly enough.

akira kurosawa toshir mifune GIF by Maudit

• Like 6

On 3/8/2022 at 2:53 AM, extantsrevenge said:

Blessed.  someone who agrees with me. It feels both too long and too short weirdly.

• Like 2

🥤:)📺🎬 TCM Watched…

Johnny Eager (1941)

image.jpeg.d048ec9f8105a959516285423c84e5d9.jpeg

District Attorney's daughter falls in love with a gangster the D.A. Is trying to put into jail.

Watching…

Deception (2008)

image.jpeg.3968ecca85e221f963773ba5494dd4ff.jpeg

An accountant is introduced to a mysterious sex club known as The List by his lawyer friend. But in this new world, he soon becomes the prime suspect in a woman's disappearance and a multi-million dollar heist.

https://youtu.be/Co8xRoqC3kY

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤:)📺🎬 TCM Watched…

Johnny Eager (1941)

image.jpeg.d048ec9f8105a959516285423c84e5d9.jpeg

District Attorney's daughter falls in love with a gangster the D.A. Is trying to put into jail.

Watching…

Deception (2008)

image.jpeg.3968ecca85e221f963773ba5494dd4ff.jpeg

An accountant is introduced to a mysterious sex club known as The List by his lawyer friend. But in this new world, he soon becomes the prime suspect in a woman's disappearance and a multi-million dollar heist.

https://youtu.be/Co8xRoqC3kY

Watching FXM 📺

Berlin Correspondent (1942)

A U.S. radio commentator sneaks his girlfriend, her father and vital data out of Nazis Germany.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

• Like 2

On 3/9/2022 at 7:18 AM, Reagh said:

Last night I watched PTA’s Licorice Pizza.

This was my second viewing and I have to say I enjoyed it even more the second time. It’s definitely not PTA’s best feature, but certainly not his worst either. It’s completely obvious that this picture was a labor of love for PTA and a his way of honoring his friend and collaborator Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It’s just a shame PSH didn’t get to see it. At least that was my take away. 9/10

The best picture of the year in my humble opinion. 

1. Licorice Pizza 

2. Titane 

3. Last Night in Soho 

This is coming back into theaters for Oscar Week and I am thinking about going to see it since I didn’t get a chance to see it in it’s initial theatrical release. I’ve heard good things.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I watched Inglorious Basterds last night. I have mixed feelings about this. Parts of it I enjoyed a lot, but overall I was disappointed. All the actors were good, but I really cringed at some of the plot devices and didn’t like the ending at all. Too many things just conveniently happen a certain way to move the story along. It’s a one watch for me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

vor 29 Minuten schrieb deckard99:

I watched Inglorious Basterds last night. I have mixed feelings about this. Parts of it I enjoyed a lot, but overall I was disappointed. All the actors were good, but I really cringed at some of the plot devices and didn’t like the ending at all. Too many things just conveniently happen a certain way to move the story along. It’s a one watch for me.

Reaction GIF

French Reaction GIF

Golden Globes GIF

I've just watched the scene with Christoph Waltz a hundred times... one of the best acting scene I've ever saw - next to the recent Leo monologue in Once upon in Hollywood...

Inglorious Basterds Idk GIF

Leonardo Dicaprio Dancing GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Edited by javi
  • Like 2