IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

🎬📀 📺 Just started watching Star Trek The Motion Picture :)

Family Guy Reaction GIF

image.jpeg.bbe92933001a3f0b8b80b11c5cfaa483.jpeg

A massive alien presence of enormous power enters Federation Space, destroying three powerful Klingon cruisers and neutralising everything in its path. As it heads towards Earth, Admiral James T. Kirk returns to the helm of an updated Enterprise and sets course to meet the aggressor head on.

• Like 4

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RAK said:

Watched Spider-Man: No Way Home. It’s not very often that the 3rd movie in a series is better than the first 2. Loved how it all fit together, and set up Dr. Strange: In The Multiverse Of Madness. I am more hyped to see this, and how this story line plays out.

My favorite MCU character is doctor strange. Was more happy hot it played out. Also at the end to see the trailer. Can't wait for multiverse of madness..

• Like 2

Last night I watched Suspiria (2018) 

This was my second viewing, and I must say I’m glad I gave it a second look.

I don’t want to include any spoilers, so I won’t give many plot details. What I found to be interesting was The Master Class Performance(s) of The Great Tilda Swinton. I’m not sure how I missed it the first time around, but Tilda plays 3 different characters in this gem.

1. Madame Blanc

9E8EAE4A-51FF-46B1-BFB2-D22BC1B32626.thumb.jpeg.99f732d15d8a177f537131b4ab7b2668.jpeg

2. Helena Markos
F4AF7C24-3900-4723-96C6-9EDB0EC510CE.png.a6ddcfa8b9a67247188e7ada29187cd4.png

3. Dr. Klemperer

3260BF51-CFC9-48EC-82A1-845FC2D7C5DF.jpeg.a5b558a5da252c211e5a9c5135ca334a.jpeg

It certainly isn’t as good as Argento’s original. But as far as remakes/reimagining’s go, this should not be missed by fans of the genre.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cgbaxia said:

My favorite MCU character is doctor strange. Was more happy hot it played out. Also at the end to see the trailer. Can't wait for multiverse of madness..

Watched the trailer for Dr. Strange, and it looks like there are elements of his What If? Story so it will be interesting. Also interested to see the direction the Spider-Man/Venom universe goes after this one. It really blows the doors open for so many possibilities.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RAK said:

Watched the trailer for Dr. Strange, and it looks like there are elements of his What If? Story so it will be interesting. Also interested to see the direction the Spider-Man/Venom universe goes after this one. It really blows the doors open for so many possibilities.

I thought his What If? episode was one of the better ones. I'm super excited to see where they go with it.

Anyway, my wife and I just finished watching Ted Lasso and have moved on to The Good Place. We are enjoying it thus far.  We have been trying to catch up on TV series.

• Like 2

I watched Witness for the first time last night. I love how charismatic Ford used to be. He could convey so much while saying so little. Also a weird movie in that Danny Glover feels like a train station bathroom is the safest place to murder another cop. Maurice Jarre score was nice - it first sounded like it was gonna be Tangerine Dream- though completely dated it as a mid 80’s movie. 

• Like 3

🥤 📺 watching

britbox

image.jpeg.233cd3c208d25a153523fd3be2a12060.jpeg

"Sleepyhead" is well-acted but the story line is confusing. As is so often the case in modern police procedurals, Detective Thorne is a loner with neither friends, loyal colleagues, nor (at least in the beginning) romance in his life.

image.jpeg.2f8ea7d3f8d51dab30dd145e1bb4f6d4.jpeg

S6 Ep.4 - Series 6, Episode 4 is the fourth episode of the sixth series of the Scottish television crime drama Shetland. It first aired in the U.K. on 10 November 2021 and is based on the characters and settings as depicted in the Shetland Island series of novels by English author Ann Cleeves. After the shocking events of the previous night, Perez must piece together what happened before a rampaging and Creggan finds his target. Eve denies any involvement and has an alibi, while Tosh visits Maurice Ross to find out why Galbraith was paying for his care. At the religious retreat on Whalsay, Sister Carolyn receives a threatening postcard and quickly packs her bags.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

🥤 📺📀 watched

The Midsomer Murders: Early Cases Collection (DVD)

Series 3 Disc 3 - JUDGEMENT DAY The village of Midsomer Mallow is in competition for the title of the "perfect village". Joyce Barnaby has already won her own competition and is now one of the "perfect village" judges. Meanwhile; Barnaby and Troy are investigating a series of break-ins in the area. 

Series 3 Disc 4 - Unearthly happenings in and around a local museum create an atmosphere of terror.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

🎬 📺 Watching Little Boy Blue :)

britbox

Based on a true story that shocked a nation, this drama from BAFTA-winning writer Jeff Pope centers on the devastating impact on a city following the murder of a child amid a wave of gang violence.

$value?Format=%27png%27&Quality=50&Width=419&Height=140&ImageUrl=301920.png&imageType=brand

Based on a true story that shocked a nation, this drama from BAFTA-winning wr

• Like 1

David Lynch’s

INLAND EMPIRE 

A very strange but important film in the Lynch catalogue. The entire movie was shot on a hand held camcorder, and the movie was made without a finished script. Lynch would write the scene as he was shooting. He also did all the editing, music and distribution of the film. The film was released on Blu-ray overseas only, but those releases did not include the special features. On the DVD released by Lynch’s company Absurda there is a special feature titled More things that happen and it’s a real treasure in my opinion. It’s essentially a 75 minute cut of deleted scenes edited and arranged by Lynch. But unfortunately that edition is long out of print. Hopefully one day criterion will take this on, there have been rumors for years that it’s going to happen. But I won’t hold my breath. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reagh said:

David Lynch’s

INLAND EMPIRE 

A very strange but important film in the Lynch catalogue. The entire movie was shot on a hand held camcorder, and the movie was made without a finished script. Lynch would write the scene as he was shooting. He also did all the editing, music and distribution of the film. The film was released on Blu-ray overseas only, but those releases did not include the special features. On the DVD released by Lynch’s company Absurda there is a special feature titled More things that happen and it’s a real treasure in my opinion. It’s essentially a 75 minute cut of deleted scenes edited and arranged by Lynch. But unfortunately that edition is long out of print. Hopefully one day criterion will take this on, there have been rumors for years that it’s going to happen. But I won’t hold my breath. 

I don't  pretend to be objective, even being a Lynch's work follower. And I think most of the community, and the general public, won't like this movie. And I understand that they don't like it, or it seems absurd. Yes, "Absurda". Is most likely. But I'm going to tell you about my experience.

I went into a small theater in my city, at night, 11pm, a cold winter day, little windy, a harsh night, and deserted sidewalks. I went in alone.

It was a very small old multiplex cinema with small and not very comfortable rooms on a side street. There were few people. And, when I realized it, I was in a dark room, sitting in an armchair which I reached by feeling until I found a suitable and free place. I sat down carefully, like someone discovering something, and opened my eyes, watching the images of the vinyl record spin, listening some strange noises in the background.

The film was not dubbed, only subtitles.

Nothing had prepared me for that, I didn't expect to see that in a movie theater. But that was the point, that I did not "see" something, but rather that I slipped through a slide, like Alice arriving in a dark wonderland, a multifaceted and tumultuous place where dreams and nightmares meet, a place where someone was trying to see a light. And find herself.

More than watching a movie, in the classic sense of the expression, it was an experience. Three continuous hours letting me shake, hit, cross, and carry messages disjointed, contradictory, sometimes meaningless; but, globally, that seemed to go somewhere. Where, underlying, there was a system; or rather, a person, her, the character of Laura Dern. The fears, doubts and obssesions of someone materialized in something physical, something that was hitting her or that she was trying to avoid; the dark side of cinema industry, and also of people, darker than ever. The possibility of a soul descending into a gloomy place before struggling to see the light again.

It's not a film to understand in the classical sense, but to perceive, feel. Maybe the future of cinema. And yes, in the end ... you realize that the whole had a meaning, or a lot of meanings, and that having meaning is something very different from having logic, but perhaps even more important.

As Lynch himself said then, the plot of "INLAND EMPIRE" is simply: "a woman in trouble."

When the film ended, three hours later, my head was flooded with things, images, messages, relationships, echoes, resonances, names, influences, faces, and voices to process. The need to spin it all together, little by little. But the most incredible, and exciting, is that it was not necessary. I left there with the feeling of having lived a special, different experience. Having visited another place, in Hollywood, or perhaps in someone's fears and aspirations. And far from considering that I had to rebuild everything following an almost mathematical logic, I began to appreciate the meaning of the things that I had seen, or rather, that I had perceived.

Yes, it was an experience. Going home walking one winter night, desolate, through empty, old secondary streets, thinking about the journey of the protagonist, about how in life sometimes there are people who get into holes from which they can no longer get out, it was the end of a night that even now - years later - I can remember well.

I don't recommend it to everyone, in fact I don't recommend it, but it blew me away. It was a great movie experience. But only for suitable days, with a open mind and perspective.

Just one tip: if you see it, watch it continuously, without pauses, in the dark.

PS: By the way, in one of the two most important newspapers in Spain they criticized the film a lot, they described it as a disaster, a mockery to viewers. As if it were not cinema. As if this movie were the lysergic improvisation of someone who thinks anything goes. That kind of criticism.

However, two days later, the same journalist wrote: "When I saw the film at the festival premiere, several times I thought about getting up, leaving and not finishing seeing it, and if I didn't, it was because it's my job. In fact, even despite that, while I was in front of the screen, seeing the film, several times it made me want to kick the chair and get out of there, not wasting time with that anymore. But, I have to admit that two days have passed, and I can't get it out of my head: I need to see it again. "

INLAND EMPIRE.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Thanks 2

🎬📀 📺 Watched :)

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It 4K (Blu-ray)

Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren take on one of the most sensational cases of their careers after a cop stumbles upon a dazed and bloodied young man walking down the road. Accused of murder, the suspect claims demonic possession as his defense, forcing the Warrens into a supernatural inquiry unlike anything they've ever seen before.

Dune 4K (Blu-ray)

Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet's exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence-a commodity capable of unlocking humanity's greatest potential-only those who can conquer their fear will survive.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

🎬📀 📺 Watching now on this cold 🥶  & dreary 🙁 day…

Winter's Bone (Blu-ray)

Seventeen-year-old Ree Dolly sets out to track down her father, who put their house up for his bail bond and then disappeared. If she fails, Ree and her family will be turned out into the Ozark woods. Challenging her outlaw kin's code of silence and risking her life, Ree hacks through the lies, evasions and threats offered up by her relatives and begins to piece together the truth.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

🥤 📺 

image.jpeg.553cf8a7cee3ad8061deb29d91e25f8a.jpeg

Animals with Cameras: Australia

Wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan fronts the team helping scientists investigate the lives of some of Australia’s most iconic animals. Koalas, fruit bats and kangaroos take the cameras into their secret worlds.

Australia | Animals with Cameras

Wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan fronts the team helping scientists investigate the lives of some of Australia’s most iconic animals. Koalas, fr
  • Like 4

That looks interesting, @Veum! Those cameras look a big cumbersome. I’m surprised that it doesn’t seem to impede their movement very much. I bet they get some really cool perspectives from that footage though.

I sat down to watch Da 5 Bloods. It’s definitely a much heavier watch and it’s one of Chadwick Boseman’s final roles.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

That looks interesting, @Veum! Those cameras look a big cumbersome. I’m surprised that it doesn’t seem to impede their movement very much. I bet they get some really cool perspectives from that footage though.

I sat down to watch Da 5 Bloods. It’s definitely a much heavier watch and it’s one of Chadwick Boseman’s final roles.

@GuyIncognit0 that does look like a very heavy movie my friend… did you enjoy it though? 🤔 

• Like 2