IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

1 hour ago, Veum said:

I like & follow Jeff!

I like his content too, his videos are very informative. This is good news for us consumers of physical media. I never was worried though, I know even with the slight decline in sales physical media is still big business. People are always overreacting to change! What is troubling though is that if companies are combining their resources to lower cost that usually means people are going to be out of a job. That sucks I don’t want cheaper products if it means people are going to be out of work, but I’m just one person soooo.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Veum said:

Not very descriptive are you  brotha...

tastes good hulk hogan GIF

Maybe a sensitive Psycho who thinks not everyone has seen it yet  😁

I read it on Wikki 

Usual regurgitated cash cow 

The Joker seems to be marmite . LOVE it OR HATE it .

why I'm blind buying it .

MAKE MY OWN mind up

flex flexing GIF by Christina Aguilera

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scary Hair said:

Maybe a sensitive Psycho who thinks not everyone has seen it yet  😁

I read it on Wikki 

Usual regurgitated cash cow 

The Joker seems to be marmite . LOVE it OR HATE it .

why I'm blind buying it .

MAKE MY OWN mind up

flex flexing GIF by Christina Aguilera

It was a...

i dont get it over my head GIF

very funny laughing GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Aquaman.... Wow.... Well that was pretty awful. I’ve heard so many people say that it was pretty good. I’ve even heard people say it’s the best DC movie in the current DCU...

giphy.gif 

@Pbsw23

Can you say what you didn’t like about the movie without spoilers? I’ve seen the movie & I enjoyed it despite the flaws. I’m one of those people who say that it’s the best in the DCU. For me it’s the movie that has the least amount of flaws, because the DCU as a whole is a mess.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Pbsw23

Can you say what you didn’t like about the movie without spoilers? I’ve seen the movie & I enjoyed it despite the flaws. I’m one of those people who say that it’s the best in the DCU. For me it’s the movie that has the least amount of flaws, because the DCU as a whole is a mess.

It was Great visually, but it just felt like Star Wars The Force Awakens for me, in that it rapidly plummets into ridiculousness. The plot was extremely predictable with Zero twists, and it went on far too long for such a simple storyline.

I felt that JM was actually pretty poor, and the character he portrayed in Justice League wasn’t in line with this portrayal. In JL he has to be tracked down coming out of the water, and is a miserable git basically saying Land dwellers are not his problem. Now all of a sudden, he is a land dweller (always has been apparently) and doesn’t care about Atlantis or his right to the throne??

Without spoilers, the old Atlantis you see before it sunk was ludicrous, and the fact that there are “Multiple” armies down there of that size and magnitude (that we land dwellers are unaware of) is just laughable, let alone the prehistoric fish or middle earth dinosaurs. 

It felt like it tried to cover everything, and sadly failed. The comedic scenes just weren’t funny, and the “plink plonk” music used to direct its audience that “This is a funny part” only highlights this. It felt like something out of 1980, not 2018 in that respect. I could go on, but with spoilers.

In short, it was like watching Macho Man Randy Savage portray an Aquatic Dr. Doolittle running through the sets of Indiana Jones, The Mummy & Jurassic Park/King Kong. Not good.

Wonder Woman or Man of Steel are the leading lights in the DCU for me.

• Like 2

For what it's worth @Pbsw23 I maybe wrong but it seems you have tried to take it a lot more seriously then it's supposed to be. Like most superhero movies of that nature there supposed to be fun over the top CGI fest's. Which is what this was, I know your point about plot holes etc which isn't it ideal. When I saw the trailer for this I thought ah well it looks fun and that's what I thought about it. I didn't go in with high expectations of a top notch script or engaging plot. I just took it for what it was. Maybe my expectations just were not as high as yours. I do also think it's not the strongest in the DCEU I think that belongs to wonder woman (for now)

• Like 2

sorry @Pbsw23 dont know how you can make wild twists with a story where hes got to go kick his brothers arse, the bits in between have to be on a grand scale and the obvious love story if you thought you where going to get a moment where vader says luke i am you father you where looking for the wrong film or series for that matter.

dc will never have full substance for what your looking for i suspect?

this had a obvious story line for me but also i thought was done well for most part, also me being one this was how he became aquaman and that was the whole point.

the next film i suspect we see a bit more story maybe, but i have to say thought was enjoyable film and i have to say my favourite out of the dc so far. but i just sat back and when with the flow of the film.

but with that said dc is no marvel.

all the best

basil :)

Edited by Basil
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

For what it's worth @Pbsw23 I maybe wrong but it seems you have tried to take it a lot more seriously then it's supposed to be. Like most superhero movies of that nature there supposed to be fun over the top CGI fest's. Which is what this was, I know your point about plot holes etc which isn't it ideal. When I saw the trailer for this I thought ah well it looks fun and that's what I thought about it. I didn't go in with high expectations of a top notch script or engaging plot. I just took it for what it was. Maybe my expectations just were not as high as yours. I do also think it's not the strongest in the DCEU I think that belongs to wonder woman (for now)

Im not convinced I went in with high expectations mate 😂 And I certainly didn’t try to take it serious 😳But I did go in after hearing how poor JL was and much better Aquaman was.... I really didn’t get that, and I honestly didn’t find Aquaman funny at all. It just plods along with visual after visual.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Im not convinced I went in with high expectations mate 😂 And I certainly didn’t try to take it serious 😳But I did go in after hearing how poor JL was and much better Aquaman was.... I really didn’t get that, and I honestly didn’t find Aquaman funny at all. It just plods along with visual after visual.

I just seems you were looking for an Oscar winner 😂😂😂 just kidding mate I love all of our diverse opinions on films. If we all thought the same about everything how boring would that be. 

P.s your team aren't doing it again are they ?? 😮 

Edited by Robertm89
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Basil said:

sorry @Pbsw23 dont know how you can make wild twists with a story where hes got to go kick his brothers arse, the bits in between have to be on a grand scale and the obvious love story if you thought you where going to get a moment where vader says luke i am you father you where looking for the wrong film or series for that matter.

dc will never have full substance for what your looking for i suspect?

this had a obvious story line for me but also i thought was done well for most part, also me being one this was how he became aquaman and that was the whole point.

the next film i suspect we see a bit more story maybe, but i have to say thought was enjoyable film and i have to say my favourite out of the dc so far. but i just sat back and when with the flow of the film.

but with that said dc is no marvel.

all the best

“What I am looking for” 🤣🤣🤣 Are suggesting I was hoping Aquaman was going to be an Epic mind blowing movie Basil?! 😂 If that was my stance, I would have watched it at the cinema, and not a year later 😁 

I merely watched a movie, and posted my thoughts in the relevant thread 😉

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I just seems you were looking for an Oscar winner 😂😂😂 just kidding mate I love all of our diverse opinions on films. If we all thought the same about everything how boring would that be. 

P.s your team aren't doing it again are they ?? 😮 

My team are as predictable as the Aquaman plot mate, and equally plummeting 😢😭🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

“What I am looking for” 🤣🤣🤣 Are suggesting I was hoping Aquaman was going to be an Epic mind blowing movie Basil?! 😂 If that was my stance, I would have watched it at the cinema, and not a year later 😁 

I merely watched a movie, and posted my thoughts in the relevant thread 😉

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Im not convinced I went in with high expectations mate

well it did sound exactly like that but each to there own

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

You see what happens when you ask me to open up @Hollywood E Rock ?! Turned on by my own people @Robertm89 @Basil 😂😂😂

Hahaha never mate, was just a lively discussion which i love. 

Everyone looks for and likes different things. But if it's easiest yep let's blame @Hollywood E Rock 😂😂😂 

Edited by Robertm89
  • Haha 4

maxresdefault.jpg%26f=1%26nofb=1&key=130

Season 1, Episode 7

You Win or Die

With conflict looming, Tywin urges Jaime to preserve the Lannisters' future; Ned presses Cersei about the death of Jon Arryn; Jon takes his vows at Castle Black, though he's preoccupied by Benjen's disappearance; Drogo is enraged by a threat to Daenerys; Robert hopes for a smooth transition at King's Landing.

Season 1, Episode 8

The Pointy End

Syrio comes to the rescue of his pupil Arya during a confrontation with the Lannister guards after Ned is captured. Meanwhile, Robb assembles the Stark allies to prepare for war in the south against Tywin Lannister; Jon clashes with drill instructor Thorne at the Night's Watch; Tyrion finds an unlikely alliance in the hills; and Daenerys has second thoughts about her quest for power after a Dothraki attack on a peaceful village.

Season 1, Episode 9

Baelor

Catelyn makes a deal with the untrustworthy Walder Frey; Robb has his first success on the battlefield; Tyrion finds himself in an unfamiliar environment; Jon discovers Maester Aemon's secret; Daenerys goes to extremes to help Drogo.

• Like 2

🥤📺🎬

Eva: A -7063

EVA MOZES KOR

At 10, she survived experiments by Nazi doctor Josef Mengele. At 50, she helped launch the biggest manhunt in history. Into her 80s, after decades of pain and anger, she traveled the world to promote what her life taught.

HOPE. HEALING. HUMANITY.

SALT

Salt

WHO IS SALT?

As a CIA officer, Evelyn Salt swore an oath to duty, honor and country. Her loyalty will be tested when a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy. Salt goes on the run, using all her skills and years of experience as a covert operative to elude capture. Salt’s efforts to prove her innocence only serve to cast doubt on her motives, as the hunt to uncover the truth behind her identity continues and the question remains: “Who is Salt?”

Escape Plan

Escape Plan

NO ONE BREAKS OUT ALONE.

Ray Breslin is the world’s foremost authority on structural security. After analyzing every high security prison and learning a vast array of survival skills so he can design escape-proof prisons, his skills are put to the test. He’s framed and incarcerated in a master prison he designed himself. He needs to escape and find the person who put him behind bars.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

🥤📺🎬

Pain and Glory (2019) 🎬🎬🎬  'Dolor y gloria' directed by Pedro Alomodovar

199306_large.jpg?t=1576456837

Salavador Mallo, a filmmaker in the twilight of his career, remembers his life: his mother, his lovers, the actors he worked with. The sixties in a small village in Valencia, the eighties, in Madrid, the present, when he feels an immeasurable emptiness, facing his mortality, the incapability of continuing filming, the impossibility of separating creation from his own life. The need of narrating his past can be his salvation.

• Like 1

Turned to Netflix for some movie watching last night, had heard about this over the end of last year but had only been on Netflix here for about a week or so. 

Adam Sandler coming away from his usual comedy roles to play a very very good part in this in my opinion, with a very edge of your seat final act (I won't go in to details) I really enjoyed it. 

Give it a shot people, or has anyone watched it ? What did you think ? 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

• Like 1