IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Carl said:

I think I need a @DodgyDave shiny bin. Is there a group buy?

employee of the month ups GIF

IMG_3025.jpg.145caec3e672a9bf089d7f177fdd8002.jpgIMG_2871.jpg.3b50342af09104fdbe2cf30437b1e72c.jpgIMG_3024.jpg.453cd366492639920ac525f199d471af.jpg

There's a lot of 80's epicness in that photo!!!

Some other really nice editions too 😍

Nice haul mate 👍

P.s I had to go get my Jackie Brown edition off my shelf and take a look at the lenti goodness after seeing your pic 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today new

King Kong 4K                      for the FAC edition

The Last Witch Hunter     NovaMedia FullSlip with the embossed UK steelbook

Lord Of War                       NovaMedia FullSlip with the German FuturePak

Van Helsing                        NovaMedia Lenti-FS with the German Quersteelbook incl Lenti and 4K

3701n.jpg

3702n.jpg

3703n.jpg

3704n.jpg

3705n.jpg

3706n.jpg

3707n.jpg

3708n.jpg

3709n.jpg

3710n.jpg

3711n.jpg

3712n.jpg

3713n.jpg

3714n.jpg

3715n.jpg

3716n.jpg

3717n.jpg

3718n.jpg

3719n.jpg

3720n.jpg

3721n.jpg

3722n.jpg

3723n.jpg

3724n.jpg

3725n.jpg

3726n.jpg

3727n.jpg

3728n.jpg

3729n.jpg

3730n.jpg

3731n.jpg

3733n.jpg

3734n.jpg

3735n.jpg

3736n.jpg

3737n.jpg

3738n.jpg

3739n.jpg

3740n.jpg

3741n.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

My latest pick ups. Thank you to @mwatkins02for such a wonderful price on my first grail. The Black Barons Exorcist. Such an absolutely beautiful version of my second favorite film. The arrow steelbook of re-animator was a gold find at fye today for $20! Any recommendations on what i might use to protect the second sight DOTD? I dont want anything to happen to that beautiful set!

F43CBCCA-58B9-4998-A993-8DCCD321A2E1.thumb.jpeg.6f1b79dc18a2a65abc29c872e36080de.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DodgyDave said:

Looks a really nice set @Bones

Not that I know anything about Jordan Peele films.

Sounds a bit adventurous calling two films a "collection" though. 

(just my usual stupid observations) ;)

Thanks @DodgyDave and @Grendel!

I wouldnt call it a collection as more of a box set and I have yet to see Get Out. Guess theres no excuse now! I did however enjoy Us and it was one of those late night, drunk, sign up for a group buy kinda things. Now heres hoping I wont regret Anaconda LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This weeks mail call.

Some Black Friday sale items, and some 😎 editions from the German Hubmaster @thomue1987 .

From @thomue1987

An American Werewolf in London 4K Turbine LE

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (France)

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

(@Masterblaster Sale)

17630834-2355-48E9-A722-12D57E3AC27E.jpeg

New to the 4K Collection

Resident Evil Collection 

Lord of the Rings Trilogy 

The Hobbit Trilogy 

Predator Collection 

Jack Reacher

Star Trek Into Darkness

Beverly Hills Cop

A Quiet Place

The Punisher
District 9

Equalizer 

The Dark Knight

Kino Lorber

D.C. Cab Blu-Ray

Scream Factory

Dawn of the Dead

A499D722-3C8F-4F1D-9E8B-4399367ED43C.jpeg

8A261C07-183C-49BD-A17B-CDF87B3E19E7.jpeg

Edited by RAK
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
1 hour ago, RAK said:

This weeks mail call.

Some Black Friday sale items, and some 😎 editions from the German Hubmaster @thomue1987 .

From @thomue1987

An American Werewolf in London 4K Turbine LE

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (France)

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

(@Masterblaster Sale)

17630834-2355-48E9-A722-12D57E3AC27E.jpeg

New to the 4K Collection

Resident Evil Collection 

Lord of the Rings Trilogy 

The Hobbit Trilogy 

Predator Collection 

Jack Reacher

Star Trek Into Darkness

Beverly Hills Cop

A Quiet Place

The Punisher
District 9

Equalizer 

The Dark Knight

Kino Lorber

D.C. Cab Blu-Ray

Scream Factory

Dawn of the Dead

A499D722-3C8F-4F1D-9E8B-4399367ED43C.jpeg

8A261C07-183C-49BD-A17B-CDF87B3E19E7.jpeg

Whoa @RAK a very nice collection there you’ve acquired, you are nicely becoming an exclusive member in this distinguished club my friend...

EE195EA3-3DB8-421A-9DD3-69F929F7C452.gif.5eecb7d1df0a708b6f8393ee16a47ae6.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:Yes: Such incredible pick-ups displayed by our beloved friends!

Thanks @CAYENNE-FAHRER for your generosity in sharing a pic of the beautiful treasure you received from your loved one. Much appreciate the sentiments.

Oh, @Magnifly, gratz on scoring "Love Poem" my buddy. Incredible music.

I see @RAK is still doing his part to keep physical media in style. Your collection is simply amazing Bro.

There are so many others, I'll never list them all before falling out of my chair from hunger but I do want to thank you all so very much, for your willingness to share your delight.

🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was quite fortunate to receive a few notable editions myself recently.

Some so very much bring a glow to my heart (as will be noted).

Listing;

- The Gates of Hell; Ronin Flix, spec ed slip-cased amaray. Fulci opens a sweet Latin portal to Hell. Bare bodices and blood follow.

- The Day Of The Triffids; Network, slip-amaray. '81 Brit TV mini-series that was far better than the '63 film but in truth, it had a much longer run-time and a bigger budget. BOTH are worth your time investigating but if ya can only get one, get this one. WARNING: The 2009 mini-series is recommended only as a sleep aid and for hard-core Eddie Izzard fans (which honestly, I am, heh).

- The Sect; Ronin Flix, spec ed slipped-cased amaray. Argento writes a cool spooky and Soavi Directs. Mucho Italian glory follows. Another Satan/Hell/Evil Cults masterpiece from masters at this particular art style.

- Sleepless; Ronin Flix, spec ed slip-cased amaray.  Argento writes and Directs this one. Serial killer being tracked by rather unorthodox hunters. Italo-mayhem follows. So cute these Ital slashers, they put so much heart into them, much like Hollywood did in the '80s.

- Dawn of the Dead; Second Sight, boxed ultimate ed. I purchased the DVD special boxed edition (the big black one, ya know the one) a decade or two ago and honestly, with so many versions in that box, I never had a desire to upgrade to Blu as despite the potential for visual enhancement, none of them had even close to the variety of extras I already owned.

Leap forward a large span in time and Second Sight (whom possibly thought the same as I) said, "hold our beer..."

Oh man, did they ever jump the shark with this one. I haven't cracked it open yet (arrived today) but I've done sufficient research on the set to know what's inside. I won't labour the point here, as so many have already given cool unboxings on Youtube but yeah, I'd say get this if a fan of the film at all. 🤩 (just as an aside, SS used the same artwork as that older black box ult ed did as well, cool beans.)

image.thumb.jpeg.a2df6f3eb4b24bcd7192bc649e75f6ef.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 16

I have a lovely pic of a few more treasures that arrived.

Listing;

- Dunkirk; Manta Lab, Lenti Steel. I very much like the lenti depth on this one and it is destined for the gorgeous UHD box I hope to receive in the near future.

- V For Vendetta; ToC spec ed Steel. I very much like this film and it's odd that this is in fact, my first Blu of it. No excuses, just can't always keep up, heh. I quite like the Titans Of Cult releases, as they are certainly consistent, yet unique. If they continue to select films that I find endearing, I'll keep buying.

- Darkman; Shout!, amaray. I dunno, was this the beginning of Neeson's killing sprees? Never time-gauged but he's offed his share and a number of them are in this first (and only really good) flik of a number of sequels. For added goodness, we have the wonderful Larry Drake (Dr Giggles) as the Big Bad Evil Guy (BBEG). Actually a really good flik.

- I.M.F. (Mission Impossible); All six films in a digi-pack. I had to get this: $12 Cdn and I don't have to yank out my spec eds every time a drunk buddy says "Dude! Put on Mission Impossibility man, I love that stuff man..." (sigh).  😉

- The Irishman: Crit, slip-box. Scorcese brings it all full circle with his curtain-call gangster finale. I have yet to watch (just arrived) but very much looking forward to doing so. I think I'll watch a few of his previous epics and then put this on...yeah, that's a plan...

Cheers folks.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e19a40907a4a822c084466dc40da12f.jpeg

🥰

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

I was quite fortunate to receive a few notable editions myself recently.

Some so very much bring a glow to my heart (as will be noted).

Listing;

- The Gates of Hell; Ronin Flix, spec ed slip-cased amaray. Fulci opens a sweet Latin portal to Hell. Bare bodices and blood follow.

- The Day Of The Triffids; Network, slip-amaray. '81 Brit TV mini-series that was far better than the '63 film but in truth, it had a much longer run-time and a bigger budget. BOTH are worth your time investigating but if ya can only get one, get this one. WARNING: The 2009 mini-series is recommended only as a sleep aid and for hard-core Eddie Izzard fans (which honestly, I am, heh).

- The Sect; Ronin Flix, spec ed slipped-cased amaray. Argento writes a cool spooky and Soavi Directs. Mucho Italian glory follows. Another Satan/Hell/Evil Cults masterpiece from masters at this particular art style.

- Sleepless; Ronin Flix, spec ed slip-cased amaray.  Argento writes and Directs this one. Serial killer being tracked by rather unorthodox hunters. Italo-mayhem follows. So cute these Ital slashers, they put so much heart into them, much like Hollywood did in the '80s.

- Dawn of the Dead; Second Sight, boxed ultimate ed. I purchased the DVD special boxed edition (the big black one, ya know the one) a decade or two ago and honestly, with so many versions in that box, I never had a desire to upgrade to Blu as despite the potential for visual enhancement, none of them had even close to the variety of extras I already owned.

Leap forward a large span in time and Second Sight (whom possibly thought the same as I) said, "hold our beer..."

Oh man, did they ever jump the shark with this one. I haven't cracked it open yet (arrived today) but I've done sufficient research on the set to know what's inside. I won't labour the point here, as so many have already given cool unboxings on Youtube but yeah, I'd say get this if a fan of the film at all. 🤩

image.thumb.jpeg.a2df6f3eb4b24bcd7192bc649e75f6ef.jpeg

🥰

Nice, I’m glad I ordered a 2nd copy of Dawn of the Dead. I believe my 1st copy got lost. 

• Sad 3

And finally, I wanted to share some anime with you.

Listing;

- Higurashi (When They Cry); MVM, boxed set x3 Scanavo. Oh man, that cover art is soooo, deceptive, heh. The crying begins when these cute and adorable little vixens go on murder sprees.

- Violet Evergarden; Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll (film); Funi, slipped amaray. Follow-up film to the every frame is a painting masterpiece, Violet Evergarden series. It's a touch hard to relate to one before the other, so I will defer watching until the series arrives, due in a couple of days.

- Gankutsuou (Count Of Monte Cristo); Geneon, dvd spec ed set. This is an original Geneon set, purchased from an acquaintance that though dvd, eclipses the newer Blu-ray release in all departments, especially PQ and amount of extras. This is an incredible story, that makes Sherlock Holmes and his arch nemesis Moriarty look like two tykes fighting in a sandbox over a truck. If you are at all familiar with the original 19th century Dumas' story of the Count, brought to life in a number of films, you'll understand the complexities of the plots and machinations devised by the protag throughout the story with layers upon layers upon layers of misleads. Now transpose that intricacy into a series of 24 episodes, each with nail-biting cliff-hangars, you can see the attraction. (Of course, ymmv). 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.cabe3488299118375b7e95295625b281.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 17

Oh, man, I'd be sooo upset to hear if you indeed had your shipment of DotD lost @RAK my buddy.  😟

I don't in the least think it unwise and I would have ordered a back-up copy as well. I think once the quality of this set becomes more widely know, it won't last on the shelves too long.

If both show up, I doubt you will have any difficulty selling one set forward.

My fingers crossed for ya.  🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1