IGNORED

UHD CLUB Blade Runner 2049 (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#14) (4K + Bonus Disc Wooden Box Edition) (Digipak) [China]

ksosk

41 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I’m proud to say I own all UHD Club releases. They are all amazing and the extras from @ksosk make them even more special. As a matter of fact, seeing the beauty shots for UHD Club Wonder Woman was the catalyst for me finding MP and I never looked back! 

Same wonder woman was my first buy on here and never knew about here until another member here from elsewhere told me about it and was hooked.

• Like 2

Awards

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ksosk changed the title to Blade Runner 2049 (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#06) (4K + Bonus Disc Wooden Box Edition) (Digipak) [China]
Am 14.7.2020 um 19:14 schrieb ksosk:

Let me say thank you to all who have currently supported and participated in both the GBs of BR and BR2049 on behalf of UC and Media Psychos!

tenor.gif?itemid=11070442

A lot of effort goes to UC. I can only be credited to boosting the cost price 🤣

This edition won't be cheap. 

I requested for extra lentis and a box inside the wooden box to house all the separate items together.

BR will have that too but the design of that extra box is still awaiting approval.

Do remember that this wooden box is the 2nd generation - new opening design and higher quality.

Plus BR title is gold foiled and 2049 title is silver foiled!

I am very excited to see what we are offered here
I am very pleased,
and I think it's worth every penny

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

There has been some developments!

Due to the colour contrast of the front and back, the spine turned out odd during the test print. 

This is what UC and MP propose.

BR2049-NEW-CONCEPT.jpg

We wrap the full image around the front!

Personally, I like this much better, but would love to hear your opinions. ❤️

KS

• Like 7

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Due to the colour contrast of the front and back, the spine turned out odd during the test print. 

BR2049-NEW-CONCEPT.jpg

KS

I like this way better, because now the picture doesn’t look cut off like how it was in original example. I wanted to say something before, but everyone was so excited about the artwork being approved so I didn’t want to bring the mood down. Happy about the change.

• Like 9

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, ksosk said:

BR2049-NEW-CONCEPT.jpg

KS

KS @ksosk looks fantastic❣️

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

BR2049-NEW-CONCEPT.jpg.b071d6de9ac3fea12

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
26 minutes ago, ksosk said:

BR2049-NEW-CONCEPT.jpg

KS

jimmy fallon wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Incredible, I love how it looks now. I think this will be a strong contender of the year for BEST EDITION 😍

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Do note that this will have Joi and title as the back of wooden case, similar to how Blufans does their slips.

BR shouldn't have any change so the cool thing is the 2 editions can be placed side-by-side as a V now!

7 minutes ago, Koi999 said:

Is the box the other way round now? Is the spine on the wrong side? Probably just me!

Screenshot_20200731-175547_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-175713_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Koi999 said:

Answered while I was typing!

I was literally looking for the post to quote then I find it and it's already answered 😂

But yeah I dont mind the front and back switching places

f4cd7d9.gif.b266f780c924e7b641adec51abba636c.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm a bit torn on this. It makes sense to have Joi be the "front" since unlike with Blufans there is clearly a front and a back to this edition. And it looks a bit backwards with the new design. That being said, it does make much more sense to have the image wrap around the spine, so I do think that's the better option. A shame that that shot in the film wasn't reversed!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, fvg627 said:

I'm a bit torn on this. It makes sense to have Joi be the "front" since unlike with Blufans there is clearly a front and a back to this edition. And it looks a bit backwards with the new design. That being said, it does make much more sense to have the image wrap around the spine, so I do think that's the better option. A shame that that shot in the film wasn't reversed!

Yep me too. It does seem wrong to clearly have the box the wrong way round so the opening flap is facing the floor as you hold it.  Its maybe an OCD thing but I know which side the front of the box should be! If its the only way to achieve the image though , then thats what it has to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ksosk said:

BR2049-NEW-CONCEPT.jpg

KS

Trust we do in you @ksosk as always. Love it. 

Like someone mentioned previously, I would love to see how the "V" layout will line up against Blade Runner. 

Eager to see this one in my hands.

• Like 3

Awards

1 hour ago, Koi999 said:

Yep me too. It does seem wrong to clearly have the box the wrong way round so the opening flap is facing the floor as you hold it.  Its maybe an OCD thing but I know which side the front of the box should be! If its the only way to achieve the image though , then thats what it has to be.

Flipping the art like below could fix the OCD issue (obviously the text is wrong but you get the idea) but then the art doesn't match the scene from the film. Kind of a lose lose situation 

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 2.45.32 PM.png

Edited by fvg627
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, fvg627 said:

Flipping the art like below could fix the OCD issue (obviously the text is wrong but you get the idea) but then the art doesn't match the scene from the film. Kind of a lose lose situation 

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 2.45.32 PM.png

The problem with this is it doesn't match the actual scene in the movie. Like @ksosk said having Joi on the left is the same as how Blufans does their editions. Whether or not this seems backwards depends on where you live in the world. 

• Like 2