IGNORED

UHD CLUB Blade Runner 2049 (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#14) (4K + Bonus Disc Wooden Box Edition) (Digipak) [China]

ksosk

28 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Bwatt99, the 1st GB of Blade Runner 2049  

here: GB: [ PAUSED ] Blade Runner 2049 (UHD CLUB #06) (Wooden Box Edition) (Scanavo Case)

is what they are talking about being obsolete... this new GB from @ksosk will be the one that counts when MP opens it up real soon!😉

Yep all good noticed it was paused recently and now closed just need to wait for new one to start

• Like 2

Awards

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 16 Stunden schrieb ksosk:

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT

UHD CLUB HAS FINALLY GOTTEN THE APPROVAL

FOR THE PURPLE COVER ART!!

WOOHO❤️

668722241_UC-BladeRunner2049.thumb.jpg.8

There will be adjustment to the spine.

Title will be silver foil 😃

UHD CLUB also secured some new art from the Japan exclusive!

why is the spine still being adjusted, doesn't it stay as in the picture?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Beauty shot!!

Exclusively on Media Psychos.

224779795_UCBR2049.thumb.jpg.0692074250c

May be subjected to slight changes

GB OPENS TOMORROW!

Cool, but,, 

# why b+w gift folder?

# why such big text on art cards?

# why external Digi pack images, especially the gun replica on a stand? (The interior would make a great exterior)

Edited by DarkCloud
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
38 minutes ago, DarkCloud said:

Cool, but,, 

# why b+w gift folder?

# why such big text on art cards?

# why external Digi pack images, especially the gun replica on a stand? (The interior would make a great exterior)

Thanks for the feedback :)

I thought the digipak exterior art  would be a cool cover as the inner art is rather common.

Gladiator has a B&W folder and it turns out great 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkCloud said:

I think the interior art has already been used quite a bit 

1 hour ago, DarkCloud said:

# why b+w gift folder?

theres already a lot of color, black and white makes a good contrast

Also, I think @ksosk is a fan of black and white😂

Screenshot_20200713-105307_Chrome.jpg.bd0e4846e6bb686098fcadc4431739df.jpg

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, ethnosax said:

It's all fine, but it's all just so much the images that have already been used so many times before. I wish the studios would be a little more daring in what they approve for artwork. What do they have to lose, especially at this point, when there have been so many releases before?

The studio tends to have written contract for art made for the film, and different artwork are specifically for different division usage.

Media department is definitely not a big focus hence it is very difficult to apply for use of an art meant for another department for use in premium editions. =(

@DarkCloud I have feedback to UC and we will look into some other arts meanwhile. Hopefully something better!

Love, 
KS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ksosk said:

The studio tends to have written contract for art made for the film, and different artwork are specifically for different division usage.

Media department is definitely not a big focus hence it is very difficult to apply for use of an art meant for another department for use in premium editions. =(

@DarkCloud I have feedback to UC and we will look into some other arts meanwhile. Hopefully something better!

Love, 
KS

Yep—and I don't mean any criticism of your design work, @ksosk, which is always excellent. But since the studios do license alternate artwork (Mondo, Bottleneck, etc.), it seems like they could, if they wanted, broaden the licensing terms to be able to put all the art to any use. But: I know nothing about all the inner workings, so I'll be quiet now. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

vor 17 Minuten schrieb ethnosax:

Yep—and I don't mean any criticism of your design work, @ksosk, which is always excellent. But since the studios do license alternate artwork (Mondo, Bottleneck, etc.), it seems like they could, if they wanted, broaden the licensing terms to be able to put all the art to any use. But: I know nothing about all the inner workings, so I'll be quiet now. :)

Ks will fix it, 
the work he does is excellent, 
there is passion in it
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
24 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

@ethnosax All retailers struggle with this issue. Studios tend to be very restrictive and retailers fight as much as possible to get artwork approved. Use of alternate artwork is very hard to get approved and my guess is that it has to do with money (higher or additional payments to artists vs. artwork done in-house). In this case it took over a year to get the purple artwork approved. And I see art in the beauty shot that was only available with certain Japan and UK releases as well. We’ll see if anything new can be added but I think this release is already fantastic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
36 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

No, please don't feel bad about asking!

I prefer such conversation to learn and understand from the retailer's point of view.

An exclusive artwork not found in the folder of artworks given by Studio requires special request. Sometimes, an approval by the main studio (usually in USA) is required which will take months for approval hence a lot of retailers don't want to wait. Imagine applying for 4 months to only be rejected and that title becomes a backlog now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2