IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Great idea @Gary K and appropriate to spend time looking back as I cross that 1,000th post milestone...

For me, the steelbook seed was first planted on November 9, 2004 with the Halo 2 Limited Edition Case. While not technically a "Steelbook", the embossed steel case made me aware of my appreciation for finer releases in media.

WYy6YRH.jpg

Fast forward to 2009 and I started collecting some movie steelbooks. College and grad school left me with little money to get many of them but I would pick them up if I came across them and they were cheap enough. My collecting really started ramping up in 2015 and I would actively hunt for preorders for upcoming releases. As time went on, I kept coming across better versions of steels for movies I already owned. The term "Blufans" was attached to nearly all of them but I couldn't figure out where they were coming from. At this time I only cared about the steel itself so when I came across a cheap listing for the Blufans Coco steelbook on eBay I gave it a go!

8mtdqz3.png?1

I was blown away by the embossing, gloss, and metallic accents. It was game over at this point. I put a little more effort into my search of how to acquire these things outside of the secondary market and came across this wonderful establishment. I decided to pursue a few more Blufans releases on eBay as I waited for a new premium announcement. Into the Spiderverse is probably my favorite of from that batch of purchases.

pWz8cnZ.jpg

This lenticular then got me to appreciate slips and I told myself I could justify the extra cost of these things. Shortly afterward WeET put out the BS for their Captain Marvel release and I immediately chose the lenticular...

JM12Bil.jpg

Yeah, I immediately saw where I would be spending a lot of money in the future. I believe the Manta Lab Dunkirk release was next. I wasn't a big fan of the lenticular art and decided to risk getting the FS after hearing so many people rave about them. 

ZcEjXVU.jpg

Behold the moment when I joined the FS gang and fullslips have been heavily favored in my collection since this release. I'm pretty much out of story at this point but my next acquisition was the KimichiDVD Captain America: The First Avenger Fullslip. I think I got this one used from a member on the blu-ray.com forum.

KSD6dOE.jpg

Many, many more have followed since then.

Thanks for the opportunity to go back and appreciate the beginnings of this fantastic hobby! I'm looking forward to reading about how everyone else got started. 👍

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Great idea @Gary K and appropriate to spend time looking back as I cross that 1,000th post milestone...

For me, the steelbook seed was first planted on November 9, 2004 with the Halo 2 Limited Edition Case. While not technically a "Steelbook", the embossed steel case made me aware of my appreciation for finer releases in media.

WYy6YRH.jpg

Fast forward to 2009 and I started collecting some movie steelbooks. College and grad school left me with little money to get many of them but I would pick them up if I came across them and they were cheap enough. My collecting really started ramping up in 2015 and I would actively hunt for preorders for upcoming releases. As time went on, I kept coming across better versions of steels for movies I already owned. The term "Blufans" was attached to nearly all of them but I couldn't figure out where they were coming from. At this time I only cared about the steel itself so when I came across a cheap listing for the Blufans Coco steelbook on eBay I gave it a go!

8mtdqz3.png?1

I was blown away by the embossing, gloss, and metallic accents. It was game over at this point. I put a little more effort into my search of how to acquire these things outside of the secondary market and came across this wonderful establishment. I decided to pursue a few more Blufans releases as I waited for a new premium announcement. Into the Spiderverse is probably my favorite of from that batch of purchases.

pWz8cnZ.jpg

This lenticular then got me to appreciate slips and I told myself I could justify the extra cost of these things. Shortly afterward WeET put out the BS for their Captain Marvel release and I immediately chose the lenticular...

JM12Bil.jpg

Yeah, I immediately saw where I would be spending a lot of money in the future. I believe the Manta Lab Dunkirk release was next. I wasn't a big fan of the lenticular art and decided to risk getting the FS after hearing so many people rave about them. 

ZcEjXVU.jpg

Behold the moment when I joined the FS gang. I've pretty much favored fullslips since this release. I'm pretty much out of story at this point but my next acquisition was the KimichiDVD Captain America: The First Avenger Fullslip

KSD6dOE.jpg

Many, many more have followed since then.

Thanks for the opportunity to go back and appreciate the beginnings of this fantastic hobby! I'm looking forward to reading about how everyone else got started. 👍

Outstanding submission @GuyIncognit0 - exactly what I was hoping to see and read about.  What a lovely way to celebrate your milestone!  Well done…

well done GIF

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I have been collecting movies for a long time and was usually happy just to own it with little regard to packaging.

That changed when I first stumbled over FAC and buying the first 2 premiums, Chappie and Black Mass.

I really liked the quality of the slips and the extras.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc8d50ab60cf1e82a69262d47f778897.jpeg

Impressed with FAC´s quality I started looking for their Revenant editions. Thats where I found Manta´s release with Leather Slip which ended up to be the

first Manta purchase:

image.thumb.jpeg.d2c948cd0544be8ac06e610009e6c9f6.jpeg

My first WeET edition followed pretty quickly. One of the best slips I had seen at that time.

image.thumb.jpeg.8c57e20c6ba0ac549c3092670487f8fa.jpeg

The reason to join MP was rooted in buying my first UHD-Club edition, The Prestige from a private seller.

I was very impressed by it and at that time I learned that they announced their releases for Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049.

I was looking for a place to preorder these and thats where I found MP.

image.thumb.jpeg.adad86791fa584b4a78e18963b6e4ec3.jpeg

The first premium I received from MP was 1917 from FANATIC

image.thumb.jpeg.95212bd9e22a44cc6df6eb461956b158.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I have been collecting movies for a long time and was usually happy just to own it with little regard to packaging.

That changed when I first stumbled over FAC and buying the first 2 premiums, Chappie and Black Mass.

I really liked the quality of the slips and the extras.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc8d50ab60cf1e82a69262d47f778897.jpeg

Impressed with FAC´s quality I started looking for their Revenant editions. Thats where I found Manta´s release with Leather Slip which ended up to be the

first Manta purchase:

image.thumb.jpeg.d2c948cd0544be8ac06e610009e6c9f6.jpeg

My first WeET edition followed pretty quickly. One of the best slips I had seen at that time.

image.thumb.jpeg.8c57e20c6ba0ac549c3092670487f8fa.jpeg

The reason to join MP was rooted in buying my first UHD-Club edition, The Prestige from a private seller.

I was very impressed by it and at that time I learned that they announced their releases for Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049.

I was looking for a place to preorder these and thats where I found MP.

image.thumb.jpeg.adad86791fa584b4a78e18963b6e4ec3.jpeg

The first premium I received from MP was 1917 from FANATIC

image.thumb.jpeg.95212bd9e22a44cc6df6eb461956b158.jpeg

Great selection to be introduced to premiums.  I love that leather clad Revenant edition….

• Like 7

CHALLENGE #5

🥤🤠🎬 I joined MP in March of ‘19 (do not remember though how I found this site, probably from blu-ray.com???) and became so excited of seeing all these wonderful Premiums and got my 1st in April of that year (All acquired in that magic 1st year on MP for me! 🙌) and it was:

1. Black Panther box set OC BF

I fell in love with the look of this set❣️

2.Forrest Gump wood set UHD Club

I absolutely fell in love with this wooden set and wanted to get ALL of UHD Club’s wooden sets (only other one I got was the Dunkirk one!) 😍

3. Sicario (3) kimchidvd

Another one I fell in love with the Lentis! 😘

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 OC WeET 

Loved the Lentis from this film so acquired the beautiful OC! 👌

5. Batman Trilogy Ultimate boxset BF

The ultimate grail for me to acquire and fell in love all over again lol 😝 (acquired the mother box later! 🤩)!! :)

5B558DDE-9D22-43E8-B7E3-908EE4BDEEFA.thumb.jpeg.d9ab11b939721d1ef902488d26db5cdd.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 31

Week 5 submission. 

Was exposed to movies early in my life.  My dad lived across the street from a theater, it would seem that we would walk over there and see something all the time.  Tickets before 6 were like $2.75, so we would constantly go.  He invested in a RCA video disk player, chose the wrong horse.  Guess he got it because the movies were alot cheaper than VHS at the time. 

image.jpeg.7b3c15de14a173c4699c4bb817e29eca.jpegimage.jpeg.fce2e40dfcb267b9ae563b5ce45d1ed1.jpeg

I really started buying VHS back in the 1980's.  First authentic copy was Top Gun in 1986.  Remember getting Batman 89 and Lethal Weapon 2.  Really started collecting in the 90's.  Hit the stores and picked up used copies left and right.  

Remember seeing Steelbooks/Metalpacks in the 2000's.  Especially the one's that, i believe, were from Futureshop at the time.  Too bad they would not ship to US at the time.  Really wanted the Iron Man that was put out.  

I would import a few from Europe,  got Highlander and Gladiator sent over to me.

image.thumb.jpeg.bf6258a3362519a69f6a96b0dc7d3a3c.jpeg

Was buying mostly from BB, Target and Amazon for most of the 2010's.  Then i wanted something different.  Got my 1st premium in 2020.

1)  Got into a raffle on reddit.  Ended up with the 3rd pick and grabbed my first Mantalab.  After this, I wanted more.

image.thumb.jpeg.b14ec2bb5060961d7b9738f5c13d36a5.jpeg

Ran across MP back in 2018 when i was vacationing in Malaysia.  I saw a GP that i wanted to get into, but unfortunately it was already closed.  I bought a MP shirt and stopped looking for awhile. 

2)  After looking for awhile, ordered my first GB via Media Psychos.  The WeET Thor Ragnarok.  The glamour shots looked so sweet, I had to have it.  

posing uncle rico GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

image.thumb.jpeg.bd2aa7b57b37f80abebe1487965754dd.jpeg

3)  Around the same time, got into the GB for Tenet HDZETA Silver.  Had to have that and got the Gold and Manta later on also.  image.thumb.jpeg.33c213b335b0f46e9c64b260e14c381a.jpeg

4)  Still being interested in Manta Lab, and missed out on both Drive and Godzilla vs Kong.  Mistakenly got into two GB, so ended up with 2 OC's.  That is fine, will sell one off at a later time. 

image.thumb.jpeg.fd1ef1e50e3ff8dbaeb35fd473b3b735.jpeg

5)  Finally saw The Cinemuseum The Goonies.  Had to have that one.  Got me interested in Cm were i would add a Copy of the Joker. Alita and Isle of Dogs.  Put a request in for some of the new releases, Cant wait to get my OC of Last Night in Soho.  Might be my favorite retailer with WeEtT.

image.thumb.jpeg.d5afebff0c29169e7e49692c51f4d4f5.jpeg

Fell down the Premium Rabbit hole, will be hard to dig myself out.  

"I have a challenge for next week".  Put myself in the hat 4 a topic.

Edited by bossjon
Spelling
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, bossjon said:

Week 5 submission. 

Was exposed to movies early in my life.  My dad lived across the street from a theater, it would seem that we would walk over there and see something all the time.  Tickets before 6 were like $2.75, so we would constantly go.  He invested in a RCA video disk player, chose the wrong horse.  Guess he got it because the movies were alot cheaper than VHS at the time. 

image.jpeg.7b3c15de14a173c4699c4bb817e29eca.jpegimage.jpeg.fce2e40dfcb267b9ae563b5ce45d1ed1.jpeg

I really started buying VHS back in the 1980's.  First authentic copy was Top Gun in 1986.  Remember getting Batman 89 and Lethal Weapon 2.  Really started collecting in the 90's.  Hit the stores and picked up used copies left and right.  

Remember seeing Steelbooks/Metalpacks in the 2000's.  Especially the one's that, i believe, were from Futureshop at the time.  Too bad they would not ship to US at the time.  Really wanted the Iron Man that was put out.  

I would import a few from Europe,  got Highlander and Gladiator sent over to me.

Was buying mostly from BB, Target and Amazon for most of the 2010's.  Then i wanted something different.  Got my 1st premium in 2020.

1)  Got into a raffle on reddit.  Ended up with the 3rd pick and grabbed my first Mantalab.  After this, I wanted more.

image.thumb.jpeg.b14ec2bb5060961d7b9738f5c13d36a5.jpeg

Ran across MP back in 2018 when i was vacationing in Malaysia.  I saw a GP that i wanted to get into, but unfortunately it was already closed.  I bought a MP shirt and stopped looking for awhile. 

2)  After looking for awhile, ordered my first GB via Media Psychos.  The WeET Thor Ragnarok.  The glamor shots looked so sweet, I had to have it.  

posing uncle rico GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

image.thumb.jpeg.bd2aa7b57b37f80abebe1487965754dd.jpeg

3)  Around the same time, got into the GB for Tenet HDZETA Silver.  Had to have that and got the Gold and Manta later on also.  image.thumb.jpeg.33c213b335b0f46e9c64b260e14c381a.jpeg

4)  Still being interested in Manta Lab, and missed out on both Drive and Godzilla vs Kong.  Mistakenly got into two GB, so ended up with 2 OC's.  That is fine, will sell one off at a later time. 

image.thumb.jpeg.fd1ef1e50e3ff8dbaeb35fd473b3b735.jpeg

5)  Finally saw The Cinemuseum The Goonies.  Had to have that one.  Got me interested in Cm were i would add a Copy of the Joker. Alita and Isle of Dogs.  Put a request in for some of the new releases, Cant wait to get my OC of Last Night in Soho.  Might be my favorite retailer with WeEtT.

image.thumb.jpeg.d5afebff0c29169e7e49692c51f4d4f5.jpeg

Fell down the Premium Rabbit hole, will be hard to dig myself out.  

Fell down the Premium Rabbit hole, will be hard to dig myself out. “

Why would you want to? Lol…..seems to be a common theme around these parts.  Well done…

• Like 8

vor 18 Minuten schrieb bossjon:

👌👍

☺️ ...damn it's been a long time... 😄 Release: 2009/2010?! @Gladiator I used to have it too... 😀

...but you just can't compare it anymore, such as the Release from Zeta... 😃 that's why I gave it away to a friend... 🙂

...but back then it was something... 👌👍🤩

• Like 4

A nice idea from @Gary K to think about the "good old times".

despicable me minions GIF

As a German I started my "online career" in a german forum which should not be mentioned here directly but in German Room we call it "Schlumpfhausen" and I think nearly 99% know which forum I mean. 😉

In these days also our boss John @Masterblaster was a member there and provided group buys for Premium Editions. Just checked my old mailbox and it was the 10th of July 2017 when I got first contact to John. Oh man, this is now over 5 years ago...time is running.

Despicable Me Laughing GIF

John offered a GB for Blufans "Star Wars Episode 7" and I participated. First time I bought such an expensive item via an internet forum and without knowledge who I'm writing.  But in the end (as hoped) and if you know John...everything worked perfectly. As a Star Wars Fan this was such a great opportunity to fill my shelve with such a great Premium Edition. Later I got to know the "MP" forum. Due to the crappy installation of v2.0 software in "Schlumpfhausen forum" I decided to leave and since June 2018 I'm now a member of MP and I dont regret it one second.

despicable me love GIF

#1 Star Wars - The Force Awakens (Blufans One-Click)

IMG_8154.thumb.JPG.a74cc53b4f698529c8d536908b69aa3e.JPG

Too bad the whole "Star Wars/Disney thing" went into the wrong direction and I still hope that we'll have the chance to get Premiums of the missing other Star Wars Parts as well as "Solo", "Mandalorian" etc.

If someone wants to have a look at my SW Blu-ray collection:

#2 Commando (Filmarena) / The Terminator (BB)

I dont know exactly when I first bought an edition from Filmarena but I think it must have been in 2015 due to the release dates on their online page.

The first items I bought directly there and then I got to know @forenhase who offered GBs for Filmarena/Black Barons.

I'm a little bit sad about the "development" Filmarena did. Dont want to go deep into details but I'm still waiting for "Predator" (as everyone else).

My conclusion: until they dont deliver this item, this shop stays a "no-go" for me.

No Way Minions GIF

Beside this, the older releases have been high quality and well done !

IMG_8162.thumb.JPG.7cf8d2695d655c6c331c2b7be69f8f5a.JPG

IMG_8156.thumb.JPG.af235ddfae048c686757eb45d0a5b45f.JPG

IMG_8155.thumb.JPG.b65050dd2166d1584e6fb5aee34a9ea8.JPG

#3 The Incredibles (KimchiDVD)

In May 2016 I ordered the first time in KimchiDVD shop. I like all kind of animation movies (especially the Minions ;) ) so I was glad to fetch these two very nice editions from KimchiDVD.

IMG_8159.thumb.JPG.b831732a1cdffc80543e77a369231a55.JPG

#4 Kill Bill (Novamedia)

I'm not 100% sure but I think my first order from Novamedia was "Kill Bill". I still know that I was very glad to get two editions. Later, I also wanted to have the OC or the missing Fullslip B with the "retro design". I'm still searching for that piece. :(

IMG_8160.thumb.JPG.d931b2bab5bff9b43492f9be92a2e7f8.JPG

#5 Red Sparrow (WeET Collection)

At Weet shop my first order was "Red Sparrow". The good thing about Weet: their releases are brilliant (in my opinion), because I like more Fullslips than Lentis and I like more releases with high quality slips instead of too much "bling-bling" in the edition like cards, fotos, posters etc..

The bad thing about Weet: everybody wants them ! 😄 So high pressure to be part of the GBs to be save to get one.

Due to Corona and worldwide shipping the prices of these releases grew up into areas where I say "no, thats not worthy for me anymore" and I'm very sad about his. The option to buy directly in their shop is like an unfulfillable task. All remaining editions are sold out within seconds. Okay, this is now the situation at nearly every shop who offers Premium editions. 😁Thats also a fact why I'm proud of some "older" releases because in these days you could still safely order as a collector. Now, Premium editions have more and more transformed into a "money printing machine" and many people "jump on the train" earning money just by re-selling Premium editons. A bad development in my opinion (as collector) but thats "free market risk". On the other side...perhaps I just have to say:

lethal-weapon-too-old-for-this-shit.gif😄

IMG_8163.thumb.JPG.b90b5cc98980df9cdb376e509615ea45.JPG

So I hope you could enjoy my little journey through my first buys.

And again I have to say: Thanks to MP for the last 5 years ! Well done ! Hope you'll be there (for me) also the next 5 years (hopefully more...) ;)

yay-minions.gifminions-valentines-day.gif

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, raylight said:

As a German I started my "online career" in a german forum which should not be mentioned here directly but in German Room we call it "Schlumpfhausen" and I think nearly 99% know which forum I mean. 😉

In these days also our boss John @Masterblaster was a member there and provided group buys for Premium Editions. Just checked my old mailbox and it was the 10th of July 2017 when I got first contact to John. Oh man, this is now over 5 years ago...time is running.

John offered a GB for Blufans "Star Wars Episode 7" and I participated. First time I bought such an expensive item via an internet forum and without knowledge who I'm writing.  But in the end (as hoped) and if you know John...everything worked perfectly. As a Star Wars Fan this was such a great opportunity to fill my shelve with such a great Premium Edition. Later I got to know the "MP" forum. Due to the crappy installation of v2.0 software in "Schlumpfhausen forum" I decided to leave and since June 2018 I'm now a member of MP and I dont regret it one second.

despicable me love GIF

Too bad the whole "Star Wars/Disney thing" went into the wrong direction and I still hope that we'll have the chance to get Premiums of the missing other Star Wars Parts as well as "Solo", "Mandalorian" etc.

#2 Commando (Filmarena) / The Terminator (BB)

I dont know exactly when I first bought an edition from Filmarena but I think it must have been in 2015 due to the release dates on their online page.

The first items I bought directly there and then I got to know @forenhase who offered GBs for Filmarena/Black Barons.

I'm a little bit sad about the "development" Filmarena did. Dont want to go deep into details but I'm still waiting for "Predator" (as everyone else).

My conclusion: until they dont deliver this item, this shop stays a "no-go" for me.

No Way Minions GIF

Beside this, the older releases have been high quality and well done !

IMG_8162.thumb.JPG.7cf8d2695d655c6c331c2b7be69f8f5a.JPG

IMG_8156.thumb.JPG.af235ddfae048c686757eb45d0a5b45f.JPG

IMG_8155.thumb.JPG.b65050dd2166d1584e6fb5aee34a9ea8.JPG

#3 The Incredibles (KimchiDVD)

In May 2016 I ordered the first time in KimchiDVD shop. I like all kind of animation movies (especially the Minions ;) ) so I was glad to fetch these two very nice editions from KimchiDVD.

IMG_8159.thumb.JPG.b831732a1cdffc80543e77a369231a55.JPG

#4 Kill Bill (Novamedia)

I'm not 100% sure but I think my first order from Novamedia was "Kill Bill". I still know that I was very glad to get two editions. Later, I also wanted to have the OC or the missing Fullslip B with the "retro design". I'm still searching for that piece. :(

IMG_8160.thumb.JPG.d931b2bab5bff9b43492f9be92a2e7f8.JPG

#5 Red Sparrow (WeET Collection)

At Weet shop my first order was "Red Sparrow". The good thing about Weet: their releases are brilliant (in my opinion), because I like more Fullslips than Lentis and I like more releases with high quality slips instead of too much "bling-bling" in the edition like cards, fotos, posters etc..

The bad thing about Weet: everybody wants them ! 😄 So high pressure to be part of the GBs to be save to get one.

Due to Corona and worldwide shipping the prices of these releases grew up into areas where I say "no, thats not worthy for me anymore" and I'm very sad about his. The option to buy directly in their shop is like an unfulfillable task. All remaining editions are sold out within seconds. Okay, this is now the situation at nearly every shop who offers Premium editions. 😁Thats also a fact why I'm proud of some "older" releases because in these days you could still safely order as a collector. Now, Premium editions have more and more transformed into a "money printing machine" and many people "jump on the train" earning money just by re-selling Premium editons. A bad development in my opinion (as collector) but thats "free market risk". On the other side...perhaps I just have to say:

lethal-weapon-too-old-for-this-shit.gif😄

IMG_8163.thumb.JPG.b90b5cc98980df9cdb376e509615ea45.JPG

So I hope you could enjoy my little journey through my first buys.

And again I have to say: Thanks to MP for the last 5 years ! Well done ! Hope you'll be there (for me) also the next 5 years (hopefully more...) ;)

yay-minions.gifminions-valentines-day.gif

Me looking up “Schlumpfhausen”…..

Working Cartoon Network GIF

Great post @raylight thanks so much for your little bit of history in our hobby.  Loved reading….

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, raylight said:

despicable me love GIF

From one Star Wars to another, you have an absolutely gorgeous collection @raylight. Yours, however, is LOADS more impressive than mine! Makes me wish I had gotten involved in the Premium game much, much sooner. Probably be tough to track down all these editions now without signing my life away lol.

Edited by TechSpec924
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Challenge #5:

1. Nova Choice: AoU and Civil War.

My first ever premium. Back then, I thought $60-$70 steelbook was very expensive so bought used lol

2. HDZeta Wonder Woman.
I wasn’t really happy with Best Buy steelbook art. So, I was actively looking for better one and found MP. Joined right away and I am a very happy member since.

3. UHD Club Wonder Woman.

Still remember when it was announced here in MP. First ever wooden box made in premium world as far as I know. When the beauty shots and live shots were posted here in MP, I couldn’t help stopping my watery mouth. 😂 

4. Doctor Strange and Thor Dark World. My first private sale bought from the man, @Masterblaster. Missed the boat on Group Guys when I started collecting premium. Saw Dark Wold posted in the MP store, and reached out to him. Then, I started asking if he has Dr. Strange as well. He told me “slow it down” lol. 

5. FilmArena Alien Covenant.

I know I posted this in previous challenge, but this is my first ever FAC collection. When I saw that, I had to have it and chase it down. 

6B491FB7-626A-40D1-8222-48CDB7FB3447.thumb.jpeg.4140df5a6157a58d7e2e333941c18842.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Week 5

Kimchi - Jackie Brown 

Kimchi - Akira 

WeET - Spider-Man Far From home

These 3 were my first GBs completed at MP. I had started getting into premiums and the popularity of premiums was seemingly increasing. I opted to do the GB instead of trying to buy direct and haven’t looked back. Akira is one of my all time favorite movies and Kimchis artwork for the Jackie Brown releases were all amazing. Jackie Brown was one of the releases where I was actually contemplating a OC because I liked the art so much. Ultimately decided not to as I didn’t feel that I liked the movie quite enough for that but damn are they all great releases.

NovaMedia - Pulp Fiction

I bought this direct from NovaMedia and it was one of my earliest premiums. Pulp Fiction is an all time favorite movie and I really dug this lenticular cover and the steel artwork.

BluFans - Rogue One

This was probably my first premium or at least was part of a group that I bought from Kevin during one of his sales. Star Wars is my favorite franchise and RO is probably my favorite movie or at least tied with ESB.

HDZeta - Interstellar

My parents actually got me this as a gift and was a grail for me. Probably the only release I would truly classify as a grail being something that was released before I started collecting and was relatively hard to find and expensive. It’s still my favorite in my collection.

0F5CDB10-1DEF-4BB2-849A-9117FE370304.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

So, Week 5. My goodness, where is the time going?! I started down this premium rabbit hole roughly a year and a half ago with HDZeta’s announcement of Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which I saw posted somewhere on Twitter, and which led me to joining Media Psychos and my very first group buy! I had no idea back then just how long it would take to actually release and finally arrive home! 🤣

And, naturally, as I started learning more about this corner of the collector’s market and seeing what was being done by various companies, I knew ZSJL wasn’t going to be my only premium. I started finding so many others I had to have! 

I needed to complete my MCU steelbook collection after missing out/forgoing the retail steels of Thor Ragnarok and The Incredible Hulk. When a redditor was offering up a WeET steelbook-only copy of Ragnarok, I decided to spring for it, especially since the steel utilized my favorite piece of art. I wasn’t concerned about the slips and extras back then, so early in my journey as I was, but my how times have changed.

9D0A1669-5F67-46CA-B7D4-5D0755EC0656.thumb.jpeg.eb705d9f80f763b85f1a771275ebae22.jpeg

I would end up joining the group buys for another HDZeta title with TENET and Manta Lab’s BLADE RUNNER. I got bounced out of BR, but John came through for me with a spare FS later on down the road. I was lucky enough to get locked-in for TENET, and it was among my first (if not THE first!) official GB scores from Media Psychos!

Then I got wind of the BluFans release of Nolan’s Bat-flicks and saw the excitement building around this distributor. I threw my hat in the ring for this group buy, and The Dark Knight became the very first BluFans title to enter my collection. I just got my copy of Batman Begins yesterday, and recently filled out my MCU steel collection with their DL for The Incredible Hulk. 

It’s been a wild year-plus of learning and scouring eBay and the release lists here to build up my wishlist of past premiums to score as time marches on. This has been an awesome hobby to break into! Great question, @Gary K! Sorry for the long-winded essay! 😂

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Challenge #4

Still a little late BUT I don't FORGET 😁

Interstellar - Box Fnac - Mother ship

My first box for this film with steelbook and the music CD of the film 🎶

Akira - Kimchidvd - Motorbike

Kimchidvd has done a great job with this edition, it is one of my favourites with its red colour ❤️

Mad Max - Hdzeta - Vehicles

I fell for this edition because of the visual of the lenticular chosen, the rendering is magnificent 🙌

Prometheus - Filmarena - Space Shuttle

A film that is being debated but that I loved and filmarena makes a very nice 😍

Captain America 2 - Kimchidvd -  Ship

An edition that I had a hard time finding without leaving my wallet behind and I understand why when I finally got my hands on it 😌 

IMG_20221009_192821_edit_278886050970462.thumb.jpg.cda06840205c52ffa3bd91baa8f60360.jpg

• Like 27

Just realised I might not be home for this upcoming week so I thought I’ll get week 5 challenge done now,

Alright so a quick rundown on my history with steelbooks, I got my very first steelbook back in 2011 Christmas which was for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, since then I was hooked and collected video game steelbooks since.

Come May 2020 that was when I got my first movie steelbook which was for Your Name.

My first premium was Reservoir Dogs by Novamedia which I got on 9th July 2020. This being my favourite movie by Tarantino this was a must have for me.

My second premium was Captain America: Civil War by WeET. This is most definitely my favourite release by WeET and that fact they chose my favourite poster for this film it was a instant buy. I got this on the 3rd September 2020.

My third premium was Avengers: Infinity War but as that is also by WeET I’ll skip that and move onto my fourth which is Blade Runner 2049 by HDzeta. It was a tough choice at the time between this or FAC but i decided to go with HDz. I got this on the 24th December 2020.

Fifth premium was Iron Man by Blufans. As this is my favourite MCU movie of all time I just needed to get this. Got this on the 25th January 2021.

My sixth premium was Wind River by FAC. Artwork is simply beautiful on the slip and so is the steelbook. Got this on the 24th February 2021.

As for what brought me to MP that was the Avengers: Endgame WeET release back in December 2020, this was also my first GB and I chose the SL. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2e4b3f504e05e22d7862e1e7306636df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7d3c39c2a7bf7628f1744f7a582e883e.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Week 5

I'm an old man that loves video games. I've always collected special editions of games and most came with a steelbook. I have quite a few video games steelbooks and always said I would never collect movie steelbooks. It would just be too much to collect both.

Well, the pandemic hit and there weren't that many games coming out that I was interested in. So I bought my first few premiums on eBay.

- Mantalab - Ready Player One

- Black Barons - Alita

- Kimchidvd - Akira

20221009_164319.thumb.JPG.438644597a47f5b45dac7171b0cf7afd.JPG

So, instead of buying from eBay. I discovered MP. My first 2 GB's...

- Blufans - Spiderman Homecoming

- Mantalab - Drive

20221009_164353.thumb.JPG.a1e30966a8af2f4c6a34ae47f7cdd912.JPG

Later on Blufans Blade Runner 2049 was announced and I knew I had no chance as a regular member. Around this time I met @LeGonzeon Reddit and he was very helpful in answering all the questions I had. I thank him for all his knowledge on getting a tier membership.

That's it! I'll always be an avid gamer but it seems movies are taking over lol. Thanks for readying.

Edited by Freeformfreakout
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

So...I first want to preface my submission for Challenge #5 by saying that at the halfway point of this challenge series, I think I have posted all or almost all of the Premiums I own. Depending on what the rest of the challenges are, yall might be a little fed up with my submissions by now.

I've only been a member of MP for two years, and I'm also rather particular about what editions I purchase.

Battle Royale Expert GIF by PUBG Battlegrounds

So...please bear with me, and if I'm not allowed any longer to repost what I have for future challenges, please let me know. There will be no hard feelings! This has been great fun so far.

My journey towards collecting premiums,  and steelbooks in general, began purely by accident in 2018. I was shopping at Walmart one day, and as I was strolling along the main drag in front of the Movies section, I noticed a display case for some Star Wars movies. As an avid Star Wars lover, of course I noticed. I had no idea these were steelbooks until I picked one up to look at it. I loved the sturdiness of the metal case, and the artwork just absolutely blew me away! I had no idea such media existed until that moment. Unfortunately, there were only a couple of the six films left so I didn't buy any at that time because I wanted all six. But I never forgot about those steelbooks....

20221009_095447.thumb.jpg.25a3c9e814a4b6f8123511d06489155e.jpg

I eventually tracked them all down on Amazon a few months later and from that moment on, I was hooked on steels. If there was a steel available for a movie I wanted, that's what I bought. Now at this time, I still had no idea about premiums or the international market. The majority of my collection has been purchased from Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc (I'm in the U.S.).

Over the next couple of years I continued to grow my collection, purchasing mostly from Best Buy. I was hooked; I had the bug. Then in early 2019, I heard about a steelbook release for The Goonies, one of my all-time favorite childhood movies. Best Buy had the exclusive NA release for BluRay and eventually 4K, both of which I picked up. I also discovered Zavvi as an international steelbook distributor around this time, as they were beginning their run of Star Wars releases. Zavvi was my first step into the international steelbook market, though I'm not sure if they qualify as "premium" releases. However, it was clearly evident how superior international steelbook editions were over anything in the US.

Fast-forward to 2020 and I hear about an international release for Goonies, this one from someplace called CineMuseum. But I had no idea how to get it, just that I wanted it badly! Up to this point, the CM editions of Goonies were juat about the most beautiful editions I'd ever seen for any movie. A deepdive into Google eventually landed me at MP and their GB (what the hell is that?!) for Goonies. I joined MP on May 10, 2020, and I signed up for my very first GB pretty much blind....

#1. Goonies - CM fullslip

20221009_095603.thumb.jpg.ff27779be98957adc69264ef5e46bbe9.jpg

When I received this edition in hand, I was absolutely stunned with how beautiful it was! I was in awe that steelbooks could come with fullslips, embossing, and little extras that made the release extra special and "rare." This was the first edition I ever ordered with MP, but not the first I received. We all know how long this one took.... But every other edition I purchased through MP or because of MP before receiving Goonies just reinforced the genuine "premium-ness" of what a premium truly is.

#2 Insidious - NovaMedia Lenticular Slip

20221009_115344.thumb.jpg.60a35a6599e3219bf973641be5db6ca2.jpg

Being a member of MP exposed me to the rest of the international market of premiums, and I was excited to see what else was out there. Eventually discovered Nova Media, and stumbled upon one of their end-of-year winter sales. I snagged this beauty for half off. This was also my first lenticular edition purchase, which introduced me to my second-favorite edition behind Fullslips. And speaking of fullslips...

#3 & #4 Spiderman Trilogy ‐ WeET Fullslips

20221009_095714.thumb.jpg.7bc126849a4cd9eca392ee9d7dad8645.jpg

Always heard a ton of chatter around MP about a company called WeET and how stunning were their fullslips. After receiving my first WeET slips, I wholeheartedly agreed. Of all the retailers I've ordered from, WeET is my favorite by far for slips.

#5. Venom - Blufans Double Lenticular

20221009_100104.thumb.jpg.706886038e7c45b0c7ed8f7ca984ad39.jpg

20221009_100134.thumb.jpg.7174dce0f625ab178c112797127d37a3.jpg

Everybody around MP knows how difficult it can be to get their hands on a Blufans edition. I have this courtesy of an end-of-year sale by John @Masterblaster. Which makes me even more dedicated to getting myself into a higher tier so I can get in on these Blufans GBs.

So that's pretty much my whole journey in a nutshell lol. I love being a part of MP and everything they do for their members. Hopeful for many more good years and many more beautiful editions in the future! My goal in the coming years is to add a few new retailers to my collection so I have more variety in challenges like these.🤣🤣

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Challenge #5 

While I’m technically still a “newbie” considering I’ve been collecting/joined MP a year ago, last October 2021 here we go! 

The first Steelbook, while not a premium, I purchased was black widow from Best Buy. I didn’t even know what steelbooks were at that point, but I saw it in the store and thought it was awesome looking vs the amaray.

D884175B-5CB9-43DE-887A-99A8A2D3B57C.jpeg

After one Steelbook I was immediately hooked and the economy Steelbook purchases and research continued via various realtors, recommended to me from different communities, which also eventually lead me to MP! 

down the rabbit hole I went…White Rabbit GIF
#1 John wick 3 - nova mediaA8322260-E25E-49C3-A893-C363E0F68942.jpeg

one of the very first premium’s I purchased, simply because it was still available direct and well John wick…

#2 Thor ragnarock - weet

FFADB679-3636-42E9-958D-44852B58E357.jpeg

purchased secondhand via a Steelbook swap community biggg Marvel fan 🤓 

#3 captain marvel - weet 

6E33B023-F828-4D4C-85CC-59733B84BF52.jpeg

Purchased from a seller called Pung on eBay continuing my marvel collection of course 🤪

#4 Blade Runner 2049 - UHDclub

7771ABC1-31DB-4E75-A0BC-B8D7AC48ABE4.jpeg

this which I find to be one of the most beautiful releases I own (although not a Steelbook) purchased through someone selling on eBay… off eBay to avoid some of their extra fees which I was very happy about. After learning that UHDclub was exclusive to MP, I joined this great community.

#5 Ant man & the wasp -weet 

DBD9714A-E586-4AA4-B710-679A224AC904.jpeg

One of the first “in hand” purchases from MP is Antman and the wasp you guessed it marvel 🤪

I hope I did this right! 

cheers psychos!

Fab_1

Edited by Fab_1
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

So, Week 5. My goodness, where is the time going?! I started down this premium rabbit hole roughly a year and a half ago with HDZeta’s announcement of Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which I saw posted somewhere on Twitter, and which led me to joining Media Psychos and my very first group buy! I had no idea back then just how long it would take to actually release and finally arrive home! 🤣

And, naturally, as I started learning more about this corner of the collector’s market and seeing what was being done by various companies, I knew ZSJL wasn’t going to be my only premium. I started finding so many others I had to have! 

I needed to complete my MCU steelbook collection after missing out/forgoing the retail steels of Thor Ragnarok and The Incredible Hulk. When a redditor was offering up a WeET steelbook-only copy of Ragnarok, I decided to spring for it, especially since the steel utilized my favorite piece of art. I wasn’t concerned about the slips and extras back then, so early in my journey as I was, but my how times have changed.

9D0A1669-5F67-46CA-B7D4-5D0755EC0656.thumb.jpeg.eb705d9f80f763b85f1a771275ebae22.jpeg

I would end up joining the group buys for another HDZeta title with TENET and Manta Lab’s BLADE RUNNER. I got bounced out of BR, but John came through for me with a spare FS later on down the road. I was lucky enough to get locked-in for TENET, and it was among my first (if not THE first!) official GB scores from Media Psychos!

Then I got wind of the BluFans release of Nolan’s Bat-flicks and saw the excitement building around this distributor. I threw my hat in the ring for this group buy, and The Dark Knight became the very first BluFans title to enter my collection. I just got my copy of Batman Begins yesterday, and recently filled out my MCU steel collection with their DL for The Incredible Hulk. 

It’s been a wild year-plus of learning and scouring eBay and the release lists here to build up my wishlist of past premiums to score as time marches on. This has been an awesome hobby to break into! Great question, @Gary K! Sorry for the long-winded essay! 😂

Thanks @MikeH5856!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, raylight said:

drum roll please...

drum-roll.gif

Challenge-004-is-on-fire-9-10-2022.png.ef6bf4078cd6b712e210e59dc722811e.png

We-already-got-163-different-9-10-2022.thumb.png.91e1c1d0540a4781776eb388f7210a34.png

Happy So Excited GIF

We already got:

Animals:

•     Horse
  •     Horse + Wagon
  •     Dinosaur (Arlo &Spot)
  •     Ape riding horse (War of the Planet of the Apes)
  •     Fuchur Dragon / space dog (Die Unendliche Geschichte)
  •     Camel (Lawrence of Arabia)
  •     Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon)
  •     Pig (Pig)

2-wheelers

•     Bicycle
  •     Vespa scooter
  •     Futuristic motorcycle (Tron legacy)
  •     Motor glider
  •     Bike (Harley-Davidson)
  •     Batpod motorcycle
  •     BMX bike
  •     Desecrator bike (Alita)

4- (or more) wheelers

•     Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
  •     Police car
  •     Pick-Up (The Mule)
  •     Racing car (Le Mans)
  •     Cadillac
  •     Oldtimer
  •     Aston Martin
  •     Flying Cop Car (Blade Runner)
  •     Flying Police Cars (Fifth Element)
  •     Delorean (BttF)
  •     Truck
  •     Bus
  •     Train
  •     Tram (Big Hero 6)
  •     Muscle Car (Death proof)
  •     Sports car (Baby driver or Porsche from Bad Boys For Life)
  •     Western Train
  •     Hot Rod
  •     Ford Thunderbird
  •     Formula 1 race car (Rush)
  •     Subway
  •     VW Bulli (its not a van!)
  •     Taxi
  •     Tricycle (The Shining)
  •     Monster Truck (Ready Player One)
  •     Quad (Born2Die)
  •     Ectomobile (Ghostbusters: Afterlife)
  •     Batmobile
  •     James Bond bullet proof car (No time to die)
  •     Cadillac coupe deville
  •     Steam train (Hugo & Polar Express)
  •     Van (Onward)
  •     British Taxi (Austin FX4) (Kingsman - Golden Circle)

Water vehicles:

•     Sailing ship
  •     Sailing Boat
  •     Boat (small, wooden)
  •     Cruise ship (Titanic + Death on the Nile))
  •     Submarine (U-Boat)
  •     Submarine (Nautilus)
  •     Catamaran
  •     Fishing boat (Jaws)
  •     Viking ship (The Northman)
  •     Kayak (Deliverance)
  •     Outrigger boat (Moana)
  •     Paper boat (IT)

Air vehicles

•     Helicopter
  •     Albatros
  •     Seaplane
  •     Airship
  •     Plane
  •     Chinooks (Banana)
  •     Double decker
  •     B-52
  •     Zeppelin (Up)
  •     Hercules (MI: Rogue Nation)
  •     Learjet
  •     The Blue Max
  •     Balloon (The Eagle Has Landed)
  •     Parachute (Kingsman)

Specials:

•     Broom
  •     Jetpack
  •     Surfboard
  •     Dragon
  •     Robot/car (Bumblebee)
  •     Floating house (Up)
  •     Flying horse
  •     Whale
  •     Swan (Deadpool)
  •     Unicorn (Deadpool)
  •     Time machine
  •     Magic carpet
  •     Flaming Motorcycle (Ghost Rider)
  •     Flying Motorhome (Spaceballs)
  •     Future motorcycle (Akira)
  •     Surfboard
  •     Roger Rabbit car
  •     Vulture Exo-suit with flying mechanical suit
  •     Spinner (Blade Runner)
  •     Flying bike (E.T.)
  •     Iron man exo-suit
  •     Spider-man web-swinging system
  •     Plain from Homecoming
  •     Flying Robot (Big Hero 6)
  •     Moving City (Mortal Engines)
  •     Alien Pterodactyl Bird (Heavy Metal)
  •     Police phone box (Dr. Who)
  •     Motorized Balloon-Airship (The Golden Compass)
  •     Icebaer (The Golden Compass)
  •     Genies Lamp (Aladdin)
  •     Time-traveling phone booth (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)
  •     Thors Hammer
  •     Flying whispers (Avatar)
  •     Goblin Glider (Spider-Man)
  •     Roller-Skates (Alita)
  •     Wasp-Rick (Rick and Morty)

Military

•     Fighter airplane (Propeller)
  •     Tank / Armored vehicle
  •     Submarine (Hunter Killer)
  •     War ship
  •     Combat Helicopter (Hind from Rambo or Red Scorpion)
  •     F-14 Tomcat (Topgun)
  •     Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk (Black Hawk Down)
  •     Aircraft carrier (Der Letzte Countdown)
  •     Sherman Tank (Fury + Full Metal Jacket)
  •     Helicarriers & Fighter Jets (seemingly F-22 Raptors) (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

Spaceships

•     Klingon ship
  •     Event Horizon
  •     Interstellar
  •     Iinner space
  •     UFO (Iron Sky)
  •     USS Enterprise (Star Trek)
  •     Flight Of The Navigator
  •     Millennium Falcon (Star Wars)
  •     John Carter
  •     GotG
  •     Black Hole
  •     Light cycle and solar sailer (Tron)
  •     Skyline
  •     Bubbleship (Oblivion)
  •     Arrival
  •     Battleship
  •     Dune
  •     Prometheus
  •     District 9
  •     Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  •     Death Star (Star Wars)
  •     Space Shuttle (Moonfall)
  •     Star Destroyer (Star Wars)
  •     X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)
  •     AT-AT (Star Wars)
  •     Cab with Robot-Driver (Total Recall)
  •     Apollo 13
  •     Lunar Excursion Module (First Man)
  •     The Benatar (GotG2)
  •     Talon Fighter & Dragon Flyer (Black Panther)
  •     The Valkyrie (Hydra's bomber jet) (Captain America: The First Avenger)
  •     The Milano (GotG)
  •     Ant-thony (Vehicularized Carpenter Ant) (Ant Man)
  •     GUNDAM (Ready Player One)
  •     UFO (Close Encounters of the third kind)
  •     Spaceship (Valerian)
  •     Spaceship (Cloud Atlas)
  •     Alien Ship (Independence Day)
  •     Alien Spaceship (Moonfall)
  •     Spaceship (Firefly)
  •     Gypsy (Pacific Rim)
  •     Starship Avalon (Passengers) 

Hi guys I'm a week behind the challenges lol.

@extantsrevenge

Wanted to get week 4 done , and post different entries to what have been posted before 

1st up

Duel WCL 

This is the Jaws on road movie

2nd

One of my favourite films Teenwolf (Van)

What a soundtrack 

3rd

How about the Flux Capacitor!

It's a transport vehicle,  it is what makes time travel possible lol

4th

How about the most luxurious cruise liner in the world: TITANIC

5th

Funniest comedy of all time

Airplane 

Hoping these are unique from the previous posts 

20221009_231043.jpg

20221009_231212.jpg

20221009_231656.jpg

20221009_231706.jpg

20221009_231828.jpg

20221009_231439.jpg

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 26

12 hours ago, Gary K said:

Happy Sunday challengers.   After a fun week 4 challenge from @raylight that was all about going places, it’s time to announce week 5 where we will be dusting off our way-back machines and going back in time, so without further ado…

Psycho Challenge - Week 5

There’s A First Time For Everything

a/k/a We Were All Newbies Once

For week 5, members need to dig back deep to when they first started collecting premiums.

To satisfy the week, you must post 5 different premiums from at least 3 different retailers that represent the first (or close to the first) you ever owned.

In addition, this week is all about our origin stories so for each release, please let us know why/how you found and acquired that particular edition and what about it motivated you to continue collecting that retailer or premiums in general.

Finally, one of the editions should be the one that you first bought when you joined MP, or the title that led you to MP.

Let’s see how we all got started!!

Lets Go Jeopardy GIF by ABC Networkseason 10 episode 21 GIF

also don’t forget - if you have an idea for a weekly challenge let @extantsrevenge know by saying so in your submission. 

Great challenge buddy

Oh man this is nostalgic

1st ever

Forest Gump blufans OAB

I simply loved this movie, and wanted to get it for my dad's birthday 

I remember we watched it together and holds special memories for both of us

I got it from ebay, at a decent price, though remember at the time I was gutted as it was the non soundtrack version 

2nd

La la land Manta FS

Again, loved this film

Had no idea what premiums were at the time, but just searched ebay for la la land special edition

This is what came up, and I quite liked the beauty of it 

I then realised there is another lenti edition, and a box edition

That was my first education of different editions 

3rd & 4th

Red Sparrow & Untouchables CM

Again, pure fluke. Not much knowledge of premiums at the time

Was looking for a limited edition Red Sparrow release,  and a seller had both these on sale at the time 

5th

First Man Manta OC

This was my first ever buy from MP

I had no idea what MP was , and came across both High Def Ni*nja and MP at the same time 

I actually thought these were both scam sights 

But then I got talking with @Scary Hair and @ksosk

And hand on heart, it  honestly felt like family and they convinced me to join and try the GB

They were so warm and welcoming 

The rest they say is history 

I became a Psycho and premium animal!

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 22

15 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Great job @MoneySniper, @Freeformfreakout , @TechSpec924 and @Fab_1!!!

I’d hoped people would tell their origin stories and you’ve all enraged the challenge!!!  Great stuff. 

Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

This challenge #5 has been my favorite so far. It was nice and even a little fun to take a stroll down memory lane. Thanks also @raylightfor this idea!

• Like 5