IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Challenge 26 Women in Film.

1. Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot 

2. Black Widow - Scarlett Johansson 

3.  Everything Everywhere All at Once - Michelle Yeoh

4. Alita - Rosa Salazar

5. Underworld - Kate Beckinsale

6. Resident Evil - Milla Jovivich

My Favorite Woman in Film is Gal Gadot. 

E623AB68-FEBA-49F8-8AB8-51DC1A2CCA56.thumb.jpeg.9e19ba749d0370ff677ed3be0b0597b2.jpeg

101C853D-DC39-444C-A8A4-BBA0960C3428.thumb.jpeg.40c496a8dae6a45dae561cffb410efcb.jpeg

Edited by DParadigm
  • Like 20

challenge #26

gosh.... that's not easy...

...if I had to limit it to 5:

Kathryn Bigelow - Point Break - what a ride, what movie!

Well deserved, the first Oscar for a female director for The Hurt Locker!

Sigourney Weaver - Copycat - this movie is just the definition of a thriller!

Yes and the Alien Quadrilogy, Ghostbusters and and and and...

Jodie Foster - The Brave One - well, goodbye Charles Bronson, she is the real deal! ;)

And of course Taxi Driver, Silence of the Lamps...aaaaaaaaaaaand......etc.......

Natalie Portman - Black Swan - perfect Performance! Amazing actress!

She also started veeeery young and has a great career...Leon - The Professional, V for Vendetta, Star Wars.....etc.....

Anne Parillaud - Nikita - well, French power!

Others are...

Susan Sarandon & Geena Davis - Thelma and Louise, Uma Thurman - Kill Bill....and so much more all over the world...

...btw. what would movies like Scream look like, without women like Neve Campbell...or Viva Maria without BB...;)

My most favourite female Character in movie is Cristal Creasey (Betty Gilpin!) in the Hunt. She is just a rush and entertainment par excellence!!! 😎

"Sometimes, I am just...!"   (Look at her eyes!) Hahahaha, that's acting is so great!!!!

IMG20230320113307.jpg

IMG20230320113348.jpg

IMG_20230320_153913.jpg

IMG_20230320_153938.jpg

IMG20230320113457.jpg

IMG20230320113505.jpg

Edited by javi
  • Like 20

🧋🤠 🥸Alright, alright my fellow Psychos let’s get ready to CHALLENGE❣️:)

image.jpeg.21cb79295aed90e6a0358a3128c504fa.jpeg

CHALLENGE 27 “VIGILANTE or REVENGE”  🩸 ⚔️🔫 🔨 🤲 🪓

“The vigilante film is a film genre in which the protagonist or protagonists engage in vigilante behavior, taking the law into their own hands. Vigilante films are usually revenge films in which the legal system fails protagonists, leading them to become vigilantes.”

Alright, alright my fellow psychos show us at least 5 films that you enjoy that have a revenge & or a vigilante theme in them! 🎬

Submissions can be in any format i.e. premiums, steelbooks, amarays, dvds). 😉

Do you have a fav(s) vigilante/revenge film that you enjoy watching multiple times? 🧐 

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Here are a few of my favs I enjoy watching over and over in this fav sub-genre of mine!! 👍

Death Wish - A New York City architect becomes a one-man vigilante squad after his wife is murdered by street punks.

The Outlaw Josey Wales - Josey Wales is a peaceful farmer and devoted family man, until renegade soldiers murder his family and destroy his farm. Fueled by hatred and branded an outlaw, he becomes dedicated to seeking vengeance on the people who took everything he had.

Hang ‘Em High - A band of vigilantes catch Jed Cooper and, incorrectly believing him guilty of cattle rustling and murder, hang him and leave him for dead. But he doesn't die. He returns to his former profession of lawman to hunt down his lynchers and bring them to justice.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - In 1966, 16-year old Harriet Vanger disappeared without a trace from a family gathering on the island owned by the powerful Vanger family. Nearly 40 years later, disgraced magazine journalist Mikael Blomqvist is contacted by Harriet's uncle, powerful industrialist Henrik Vanger, who asks him to write the history of the Vanger family and find out what happened to Harriet. Joining forces with troubled young computer hacker Lisbeth Salander, Mikael starts to delve into the past of the Vanger family – and unearths a history more sinister and violent than he could ever have imagined.

Wind River - An FBI agent teams with the town's veteran game tracker to investigate a murder that occurred on a Native American reservation.

Taxi Driver - Depicts the ever-deepening alienation of a mentally unstable veteran who works as a nighttime taxi driver in New York City.

EC43AC4A-64CE-49BD-8163-D1FE208082C4.thumb.jpeg.6cb85c3d069f0263ea3552c114525b3d.jpeg

Here are just a few more I enjoy rewatching!!! 😎

Spoiler

69B2710E-AFBF-40CF-A9D6-E134CFEDAE3A.thumb.jpeg.62b925ba4a216867964bfbe28049e064.jpeg

A couple of my all-time fav Vigilante/Revenge films would be The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo & The Outlaw Josey Wales … I love and enjoy the way these two characters rise above their tragedies and deliver their vengeance with such velocity❣️👍

image.jpeg.37e68912c259ec12812fbae3ffe0866a.jpeg

image.jpeg.05c171351c061e6e58b710c99e8e6df2.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★

Thank you @Veum for our new challenge.

I decided to go with revenge movies.

- John Wick since the 4th movie is just hitting cinema.

- Lady Snowblood

- The Equalizer

- Oldboy, I already mentioned before that I just recently watched this again (1st 4K viewing) and it is so good, so I had to present it in this challenge for sure.

- The Man from Nowhere, another really strong Korean Movie, whould have loved to get a premium for this one.

- Revenge

Challenge27.thumb.JPG.3cc858d4953917dfc0245fd77ae45e23.JPG

I really like revenge movies and my favorite would be The Crow, this movie has endless rewatch value, it is a masterpiece.

Challenge223.thumb.JPG.26c35de893e10f313d786e7eaf40dcbb.JPG

brandon-lee-crow-zne77m40k3co4di0.gif

• Like 20

Thank you for this new and great challenge, Mike @Veum

I start off with 5 awesome examples from different countries:

1. Revanche (Austria):

image.thumb.jpeg.d5602157515ead2971f41a72e91bd95c.jpeg

2. Irreversible (France):

image.thumb.jpeg.b0062da43b9a61cdb1ea1dc955072cd0.jpeg

3. Big Bad Wolves (Israel):

image.thumb.jpeg.3f3fbf954ebaad952239d8a27f26c509.jpeg

4. Confessions (Japan):

image.thumb.jpeg.35422df888f7b125d0c703226e66cf43.jpeg

5. I saw the Devil (South Korea):

image.thumb.jpeg.05493454429925343e25eafea418f7c0.jpeg

Kill Bill, 

Out of the Furnace,

Falling Down,

Oldboy

are revenge/vengeance themed movies I have watched the most and still and always will have a very high replay value for me:

image.thumb.jpeg.55eb5d49d5f5a656a5f628706bff1ad0.jpeg

• Like 17

Ok, here we go… challenge 27

Once Upon A Time In The West - avenger: Harmonica / nemesis: Frank

Dirty Harry - vigilante: Harry Callahan / nemesis: Scorpio

The Sting - avengers: Johnny Hooker & Henry Gondorff / nemesis: Doyle Lonnegan

The Princess Bride - avenger: Inigo Montoya / nemesis: Count Rugen

Oldboy - avengers: Oh Dae-su & Lee Woo-jin / nemeses: Lee Woo-jin & Oh Dae-su

image.thumb.jpeg.641c48b16ec96aa05dc03dc62fcc773d.jpeg

My favourite revenge film is without a doubt OUATITW. It is the only movie that never fails to mesmerize and send shivers down my spine every time I see it.

The story of a living ghost whose past we know nothing about (until the last 10 minutes) and who goes to great lengths to ensure he’s the one to exact vengeance on a man who has made countless enemies.

The slow burn build-up, the pay-off… it just doesn’t get better than this.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 16

Challenge #26 Women in Film. Thanks to @Mrduganfor this week's challenge! I decided to focus on 4K titles this week and some of my favorite releases of the last five years or so. 

5. Wonder Woman (Starring Gal Gadot /Directed by Patty Jenkins)

4. Underworld (Kate Beckinsale) 

3. Insane (Claire Foy) 

2. A Simple Favor (Anna Kendrick/Blake Lively) 

1. Alien (Sigourney Weaver) 

My favorite actress is Jodie Foster. She has starred in some real all-timers: The Accused, Silence of the Lambs, Panic Room, Contact. 

gZ9MAKz.jpeg

• Like 16

Thanks to @Veum for this challenge 27.

I decided to go with a 5 revenge movies mixed 2 vigilante movies. And of course, I can watch all these movies over and over again without ever getting sick of it!  I'm also looking forward to The Equalizer 3 movie coming out later on this year.

(Revenge Movies)

1. Django Unchained

2. The Punisher (2004)

3. The Equalizer (An instant classic IMO)

4. The Equalizer 2 (A great sequel)

5. Cape Fear (1991)

(Vigilante Movies)

6. Batman Begins

7. The Watchmen (2009)

IMG_0392.thumb.JPG.d7f2e8b281e0b15c0881819a00bf5afc.JPG

• Like 16

Awards

@extantsrevenge   Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny  for my week 25 award , I have to say sometimes it makes my head hurt with the what to choose and my body hurt as to finding them   thomas edison vintage GIF by General Electric   .

I'm so pleased to be able to participate and show off my weird and wonderful collection . i also LOVE seeing our members choices as the weeks go on    Happy I Love You GIF by pikaole

OK all here goes my week 26 YES I know I have 6 not 5  i know my maths has a lot to be desired this is not a mistake Happy In Love GIF by LINE FRIENDS

PXL_20230326_141420078_MP.thumb.jpg.d9ea9b7a246a04b11d8d96f784cd1de7.jpg

Escape From New York = Producer Deborah Hill

Would the Horror Adventure be where it is without Deborah Hill I don't think so .

If it was not for her battle with Cancer I truly believe that even more delights would have been brought to our screens with her vision and 

ability to think and see out of the mundane box . By backing the more at the time outlandish premises and storys .

The Abyss = Producer = Gale = Ann Hurd

Not Only the Abyss T2 Judgement day , Armageddon , Dante's Peak , The Walking Dead  what a resume to have those iconic titles behind your name .

Aliens = Actress = Sigourney Weaver

Multi faceted actress Gorillas in the Mist , Alien franchise , The Year of Living Dangerously , Ghostbusters,  Galaxy Quest she can truly do anything a script throws at her .

Zero Dark Thirty = Director Kathryne Bigelow

As a Director and female she could so easy shy away from uncomfortable sides to the story and situation Case in point with my choice below . Near Dark ,  Blue Steel , K19 The Widowmaker  , Point Brake and The Hurt locker  I rest my case .

Strange Days = Actress Angela Basset + Director Kathryne Bigelow 

Now this one stings as Angngila Basset SHOULD HAVE NOT ONLY RECEIVED A ACADEMY NOMINATION AND WON FOR HER PORTRAYAL OF MACE   total travesty that she was overlooked . A random bit of trivia and it won't make up for the overlooking Fatboy Slim's

Right Here Right  Now came about from her line to Lenny

bow bowing GIF

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome = LEGEND Tina Turner  

Who and why is stand out for me she could have so easily have wrecked Beyond Thunderdome . Her real life story of survival and overcoming adversity IS WHY she is so effective as Aunty Entity in Thunderdome .

From picking cotton as a child  to a brutal marriage , divorce loosing everything to then go on and become one of THE top artists in the world .

LEGEND 

tina turner aunty entity GIF

• Like 11

CHALLENGE 27

Here's my usual assortment of movies, this time with explanations that focus on revenge.

IMG_2977.thumb.jpg.99cee5dde91599651432b4c9a484e000.jpg

1. The Emperor's New Groove. Yzma wants revenge on Kuzco.

2. Gladiator. Maximus Decimus Meridius wants revenge on Commodus.

3. True Grit. Mattie Ross wants revenge on the coward Tom Chaney.

4. Revenge of the Sith. The Sith want revenge on...logical, character-driven storytelling, I guess?

5. Spider-Man 3. Peter Parker wants revenge on Flint Marko. Edward Brock Jr. wants revenge on Peter Parker. The audience wants revenge on Sam Raimi.

Favorite revenge film: It's not a category I really think much about, but let's go with an out-of-left-field favorite: Toy Story 3. Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear wants revenge on this entire cruel world. Beautiful. :)

• Like 16

Challenge #27: Vigilante or Revenge. Thanks to @Veumfor this challenge!

5. The Punisher. I included this because The Punisher is my favorite comic book vigilante and the Steelbook is amazing. 

4. Death Wish. Great revenge/vigilante film. One of the originals, if not the original. 

3. John Wick. Anybody else going to see part 4 this weekend? 

2/1. Kill Bill Vol 1 and Kill Bill Vol 2. My two favorite revenge movies of all-time. I watch these at least once a year. Volume 1 is my 2nd favorite Tarantino movie ever. 

As I stated above, I pop these two in consistently and are the revenge movies I watch the most! 

ies6WVb.jpeg

• Like 16

Thank you @Veum for this awesome challenge!

My favourite revenge films that I enjoy watching time after time: (I can see myself rewatching these any time now!)

1. V for Vendetta

2. Gone Girl

3. Memento

4. Confessions

5. The Handmaiden

I'll give an honourable mention to Dexter as my fav vigilante TV series. In the picture is the special edition that resembles Dexter's blood slide box, giving myself a little vigilante taste.🔪🙈

challenge27.thumb.jpg.4a56e3294cb3fdc1014bf49e1f4dd915.jpg

• Like 14

Awards

Challenge 26: "Women In Film"

@extantsrevenge

@Mrdugan Thanks for this challenge!

Wonder Woman / Wonder Woman 1984 - Patty Jenkins
The Hurt Locker / Zero Dark Thirty - Kathryn Bigelow

American Psycho - Mary Harron
Matrix - Lana Wachowski/Lilly Wachowski
Aeon Flux - Karyn Kusama

My favorite actress is Sigourney Weaver.

IMG_20230326_173243_edit_659939723404504.thumb.jpg.05e4fbfcba17c0279a06dc22b4753c3b.jpg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Veum said:

🧋🤠 🥸Alright, alright my fellow Psychos let’s get ready to CHALLENGE❣️:)

image.jpeg.21cb79295aed90e6a0358a3128c504fa.jpeg

“The vigilante film is a film genre in which the protagonist or protagonists engage in vigilante behavior, taking the law into their own hands. Vigilante films are usually revenge films in which the legal system fails protagonists, leading them to become vigilantes.”

Alright, alright my fellow psychos show us at least 5 films that you enjoy that have a revenge & or a vigilante theme in them! 🎬

Submissions can be in any format i.e. premiums, steelbooks, amarays, dvds). 😉

Do you have a fav(s) vigilante/revenge film that you enjoy watching multiple times? 🧐 

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Thank you for this week’s challenge, @Veum! Off the top of my head, here’s some vigilante/revenge flicks that I greatly enjoy. 😁

1. The Batman — arguably one of the most iconic vigilantes out there, and my personal favorite. Even more so than this other icon…

2. Dirty Harry. ‘Nuff said.

3. The Revenant gives us a historical twist to the revenge thriller after Leonardo DiCaprio’s fur trapper character is betrayed and left for dead by Tom Hardy, who plays one hell of a bastard in this one.

4. John Wick! A retired assassin is forced back into business after his two most personal belongings in honor of his deceased wife — his car and his dog — are lost. The car is stolen and the dog is murdered by Russian gangsters who have no freaking idea who they’ve just messed with. 

5. Kill Bills parts 1 and 2. The Bride takes her revenge upon a group of assassin’s who tried to kill her. So much graphic violence goodness from the master, Quentin Tarantino!

E5985132-6CB1-432D-909A-7A3042D0DEC6.thumb.jpeg.a38eae23a47945f25afae72127d7360c.jpeg

Seems I have a soft spot for the revenge flick! I freaking love the Kill Bill movies and am hoping Lionsgate does a 4K steel with PET slip soon. I desperately need to upgrade these old Blu-ray editions. I picked these movies because these are all ones I can watch repeatedly and not get bored with!

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, nerdist said:

Thank you @Veum for this awesome challenge!

My favourite revenge films that I enjoy watching time after time: (I can see myself rewatching these any time now!)

1. V for Vendetta

2. Gone Girl

3. Memento

4. Confessions

5. The Handmaiden

I'll give an honourable mention to Dexter as my fav vigilante TV series. In the picture is the special edition that resembles Dexter's blood slide box, giving myself a little vigilante taste.🔪🙈

challenge27.thumb.jpg.4a56e3294cb3fdc1014bf49e1f4dd915.jpg

@nerdist I really need to get into my Dexter series & the newer one also, thank you for the reminder my friend! 👍 😎 :)

soon GIF

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

CHALLENGE 27 :

let’s go for a revenge party 🙂

1 - John Wick (my favorite)

2 - The Crow

3 - Rambo : The Last Blood

4 - The Punisher

5 - Jack Reacher

E91EF452-F33F-44E2-9102-EBD52AF8F5D1.thumb.jpeg.537c85a037b9fff40673882b6553f44a.jpeg

And a special mention to this titles :

6 - The Equalizer

7 - Shooter

95B71F3E-F27C-4FF2-BECA-E46DC7D7162C.thumb.jpeg.7a7fa453c5f6ce6361150961cf85ac61.jpeg

I would like to mention Peppermint & Revenge but I can’t find them and need to go to my basement but I’m too lazy 🫣

Thanks @Veum for this challenge 🙂

• Like 14

41 minutes ago, cypheria078 said:

CHALLENGE 27 :

let’s go for a revenge party 🙂

1 - John Wick (my favorite)

2 - The Crow

3 - Rambo : The Last Blood

4 - The Punisher

5 - Jack Reacher

E91EF452-F33F-44E2-9102-EBD52AF8F5D1.thumb.jpeg.537c85a037b9fff40673882b6553f44a.jpeg

And a special mention to this titles :

6 - The Equalizer

7 - Shooter

95B71F3E-F27C-4FF2-BECA-E46DC7D7162C.thumb.jpeg.7a7fa453c5f6ce6361150961cf85ac61.jpeg

I would like to mention Peppermint & Revenge but I can’t find them and need to go to my basement but I’m too lazy 🫣

Thanks @Veum for this challenge 🙂

@cypheria078 Tom…

Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

Spider Man Lol GIF

• Like 1