IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@InfiniteDoors you don't have all the Star Trek Soundtracks 😲?

AmusingComfortableAngwantibo-max-1mb.gif

I never even thought about that 🤔 that'd be a good Christmas present... for me! But I need the steels first, the goddamn 50th anniversary set is ludicrous and getting them separately is still pricey.

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Ok @extantsrevenge, take two for challenge 9!  Turns out I had a bunch of limited edition sets that included soundtracks so here are 5 from Severin.  

as mentioned in my prior submission the first soundtracks I bought included Star Wars, Times Square and Pretty In Pink.  
84AC3BD5-1438-409A-8C6E-470F825C6B09.thumb.jpeg.8d5a31eb4d3c00c0c7206e2e799b61f8.jpeg

• Like 30

11 hours ago, Gentleman said:

Oh my god, seeing your posts, there are so many awesome vinyl records. Too bad I don't have a record player anymore.

Get the records first, worry about the player second!

14 minutes ago, Gary K said:

84AC3BD5-1438-409A-8C6E-470F825C6B09.thumb.jpeg.8d5a31eb4d3c00c0c7206e2e799b61f8.jpeg

I forgot about all of those LEs! I’m always like “cool, cd soundtrack!” but I never listen to them.

Edited by Mrdugan
Formatting
  • Like 8

Super Awesome Challenge @Gentleman I’m going to have to get my butt in the loft for this one so I’ll be back. May even be able to rustle up some Oldschool Gold. 😂

I am honestly surprised by how many of you Love the “Scores” of movies. I can’t listen to them tbh. I appreciate them, but I would never pop one on to sit and listen to it. It has to be a soundtrack of artists songs and not composers for me to buy/listen to.

Also…. And you know I had to say it…. What’s with all the Sealed Sountracks people?? How does that work?!! 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Week 9!

For the record (As it were), I'm about as big a music buff as I am a movie buff... but I'm ashamed to say that I haven't had the money, need or property space to collect many physical copies of albums. Besides, collecting soundtrack albums has always seemed a bit too novel to me. I'm sure I've gotten a few somewhere along the way, but as far as getting something to complement my movie collection...

IMG_20221108_234546.thumb.jpg.14bf96c14eb62915dc1d855b7f219b22.jpgIMG_20221108_234644.thumb.jpg.17fd20e13383de4275bb011708b78502.jpg

I couldn't help but order what was then the most deluxe CD edition of Woodstock '69 along with my Blu-Ray of Michael Wadleigh's "Woodstock". ...That's it. That's the story.

Otherwise, my soundtracks have been incidental extras with my movies.

"Almost Famous" (Okay, it's just the Stillwater sampler CD. I may get the full soundtrack someday just because of my fervent love of the film.)

IMG_20221108_233705.thumb.jpg.c62ecfef6bf42f4fbf70ddaced3feb2c.jpgIMG_20221108_233750.thumb.jpg.ddc61f6f51fe25518988c19169653788.jpg

By the way... Broadway... Uncool, man!

"Gone with the Wind" (Sorry, another sampler)

IMG_20221108_233300.thumb.jpg.d5c5f7062dd65c95dd33c2bc9a7644e5.jpgIMG_20221108_233351.thumb.jpg.8298cffb26283df222e459137e970953.jpg

IMG_20221108_233433.thumb.jpg.7065a505a7f7d23cb243e78b3fe211a7.jpg

"Forrest Gump"

IMG_20221108_234014.thumb.jpg.b3309026318f36a77e1d845f997eb635.jpgIMG_20221108_234105.thumb.jpg.5d0343fa52c13dd1cbbbeb1adc85b30d.jpg

And that's about all I've got. If I may use a loophole... nobody said anything about not including soundtracks that were a bonus feature on a Blu-Ray disc...

"Inception"

IMG_20221108_234942.thumb.jpg.1870ae24f1e6a74e4f59470f1dbbfddb.jpgIMG_20221108_235035.thumb.jpg.c0893a117d3573094923dd7abdc6e203.jpgIMG_20221108_235248.thumb.jpg.b4d5b0d4c25218ec18b19f8dd4f02698.jpg

Yes, I know, my "Inception" steel is horribly outdated. Stay tuned to see if I get enough disposable income for a 4K premium.

Edited by camwjohn95
  • Like 28

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

sad-crying.gif

Kinda sad to see that this challenge is trouble for many Psychos. I really would have thought that in a Movie Collectors Community it woud not be such an issue. Hopefully some more will submit until the end of the challenge.

Very nice @R1s1ngs0n and even more impressive that your streak continues even when your collection is more selective and not as big as others. But why not feature any

giphy.gif

Good trick @Gary K there are some editions that come with a soundtrack, I think members should look what they actually have, good way to clear the challenge even if these may not be your favorites 😅.

@camwjohn95 giphy.gif  👌

are_you_psycho_enough_spinning_particles_red.gif.54dd0a5a26163b6d989517caf8b87b99.gif

• Like 12

Challenge 9, here we go! Thanks for this great challenge @Gentleman

After going through my entire collection, I was lucky enough to scrape together 5 titles. I don't particularly collect soundtracks, but I did buy a few cds or LPs to complement some of my favourite films.

Joaquin Phoenix Film GIF

1. HER - Arcade Fire & Owen Pallett
2. GONE GIRL - Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
3. TENET - Ludwig Göransson
4. PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE - Jon Brion
5. INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS - Various Artists

1527881763_CHALLENGE9.thumb.jpg.06e718ad5551c3a3045a7c74ce1fce0d.jpg

It was not until early 2021 that I got my first physical soundtrack, right after the original score to Her officially got released in physical form (Vinyl & Cassette) for the first time. 

There's one piano piece titled Photograph off the soundtrack that's so hauntingly beautiful it became enough reason for me to tickle the ivories and learn to play it years ago. I don't read music so I had to go through some piano tutorials for this piece on YouTube. In the end, my efforts paid off and I felt a genuine sense of fulfilment. This was how far I went for my favourite soundtrack. Give it a listen if you will.😜

• Like 26

Awards

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

sad-crying.gif

Kinda sad to see that this challenge is trouble for many Psychos. I really would have thought that in a Movie Collectors Community it woud not be such an issue. Hopefully some more will submit until the end of the challenge.

Yea only LP/soundtrack I own is dune from Mondo x2 

• Like 3

Awards

Submission for challenge #9!!

1. Moulin rouge

2. Secret

3. Amadeus

4. The phantom of the opera ultimate edition with ost cd

5. Perfume premium edition with ost cd

For me, the phantom of the opera was the first soundtrack i bought. I loved this movie so much that i watched it over and over again, almost memorized what kind of roles ballet dancers are playing on different stages😁

20221110_082635.jpg

20221110_082732.jpg

20221110_082825.jpg

20221002_164447.jpg

20221110_082958.jpg

• Like 26

Bonjour à tous.

Fort sympathique ce nouveau challenge, il m'a quand même donné un peu de fil à retordre car nos méthodes d'écoute ont quelques peu changées ces dernières années grâce à la musique dématérialisée (DEEZER), j'ai du rechercher dans mes vieux cartons  :D

Donc voici ma contribution pour le CHALLENGE n°9

Avant tout j'aimerai préciser que je suis un fan absolu de Hanz Zimmer (vu deux fois en concert) et de John Williams (vu une fois), donc vous retrouverez souvent ces magiciens de la musique cités dans mon post.

1/ Pirates des Caraïbes (avec une participation de Hanz ZIMMER)

image.thumb.jpeg.3fd8df1fb8855eca0fea92834aff91eb.jpeg

2/ Star Wars : La Menace Fantôme (John WILLIAMS)

image.thumb.jpeg.9e30da71f45b761f7de6bc55fa4575f3.jpeg

3/ Le Roi Lion (Hanz ZIMMER / Elton JOHN ...)

image.thumb.jpeg.c2ff56022538ef81cec33ae04dcec1c8.jpeg

4/ Avengers Endgames (Alan SILVESTRI)

image.thumb.jpeg.ddf4aecc095fb292b54461d29a11174a.jpeg

5/ J'espère que vous serez indulgent avec ma dernière proposition, je n'avais plus de "CD" à vous proposer, alors je vous présente deux concerts (Blu-Ray).

a/ Hanz ZIMMER : Live In Prague (pour moi le Graal) ou il y a entre autre les musiques de la Trilogie Batman, le Roi Lion, Inception, Pirates des Caraïbes et bien d'autres ...

image.thumb.jpeg.d5bc2ced86663d975ffb8a61f8b0e06b.jpeg

b/ John WILLIAMS : Live In Vienne qui reprend le thème de Jurassic Parc (je suis un grand fan de cette saga)

image.thumb.jpeg.14450f46e930d2c9629bc60cc604efd3.jpeg

Et voilà... J'espère que le défi sera rempli pour moi.

A bientôt pour de nouvelles aventures.

Julien

• Like 24

i appreciate this challenge as music in the movies is very important part of the movie experience. 

unfortunately, i dont have any physical soundtracks (or CDs at all TBH) so i will skip this challenge. but i have to 👏 to everybody who still have soundtracks on CD. 

anyway, i would like to share with you the list of soundtracks that i still love and i used to have in my collection (most of them physically, but some as digital copies). 

scores (music only):

• tim burtons corpse bride (danny elfman)
  • amelie from montmartre (yann tiersen)
  • gladiator (hans zimmer)
  • cloud atlas (tom tykwer, johnny klimek, reinhold heil)
  • extremely loud, incredibly close (alexandre desplat)

soundtracks (songs):

• rudderless
  • almost famous
  • pulp fiction
  • the departed
  • into the wild
  • Like 11

On the phone so

doctor who descriptive noise GIF

Non can touch Highlander for the soundtrack. 

I bought the LP before I saw the film walking through  Mansfield  For Seasons shopping  centre on a Thursday  morning 

When I was 15 truth be know  I liked the cover and thought why not for £9.99

Well what a kettle  of fish it opened  saw the movie opening weekend  and it rocked my world .

20221110_170558.thumb.jpg.cf1343e5bea3ab578afc7fc9c11def7a.jpg

Tails From The Crypt Demon Knight 

Stuck for something to do on a weekend so took myself to see this and what a blast .

Fell in love not only with the movie also the soundtrack. Again a great fit .

Se7en the soundtrack  by Gravity Kills nails the feel of the movie a shame they didn't  realise more material. The industrial metal  matching the world Mills and Somerset are thrown into .

Strange Days how to almost get kicked out of a cinema  . The racket i made all the way through  with the twits and turns  the cast and story breathtaking  and before it's time with the tech involved with  the world Lenny Nero inhabitants.  The Peter Gabriel  end song While The Earth Sleeps  captivating . Katherine  Bigelow at her finest direction wise .

Bohemian Rapsody the only film I have seen X 4 times in the cinema  the previous  record being X 2 .

The biggest regret in my life was missing seeing  Queen live I was too young to go.on my own for the Kind of Magic tour Wembley. 

I did go to the tribute Concert to say goodbye to Freddie 

The Love Aid sequence was so good it felt like I was thire. 

All of my submissions  for this challenge I saw on the big screen mostly opening  weekend. 

@Gentleman thank you for setting this challenge and allowing us all to share our memories and treasures.

• Like 23

@Scary Hair

Technically, A Kind Of Magic is not the official Highlander soundtrack 😉

It’s a studio album that contains several songs included in the film but unlike Queen’s Flash Gordon, it’s not a proper soundtrack per se (my favorite song on it One Vision actually features as the main theme from Iron Eagle).

I looked at the official Highlander soundtrack and was even surprised to find it includes Hammer To Fall, one of their hits from their previous album The Works.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@Scary Hair

Technically, A Kind Of Magic is not the official Highlander soundtrack 😉

It’s a studio album that contains several songs included in the film but unlike Queen’s Flash Gordon, it’s not a proper soundtrack per se (my favorite song on it One Vision actually features as the main theme from Iron Eagle).

I looked at the official Highlander soundtrack and was even surprised to find it includes Hammer To Fall, one of their hits from their previous album The Works.

ALL TRUE 

I DID think twice before including it in my selections .

IF I had left it out then I would have ignored  maybe the 1st movie that ignited my imagination and LOVE of cinema AND QUEEN. 

Rather have it discredited than leave out such an influence on my life. 

From Dont lose your head with the amazing Joan Armatrading

Dont drink and drive your car , dont get breathalysed ,  I have been breathalysed twice and it read zero each time cos I never have drunk and drove. 

Russell Mulcahy worked With Queen and asked they do A Kind of Magic as a stand alone theme song. 

They went and did 

A Kind of Magic

One Year of Love

Pain Is So Close to Pleasure

Who Wants to Live Forever

Gimme The Prize

Don't Lose Your Head

Princes of the Universe

Just One Year Of Love

Gimme The Prize 

Hammer To Fall was used in the Ally way sequence.

Unfortunately  has Freddies New York New York seen the light of day .

Who Wants To Live Forever had Michael Kaymen conducting the London Philharmonic  Ochestra 

One Vision  well who doesn't like Fried Chicken  or its meat free aultinate. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

ALL TRUE 

I DID think twice before including it in my selections .

IF I had left it out then I would have ignored  maybe the 1st movie that ignited my imagination and LOVE of cinema AND QUEEN. 

Rather have it discredited than leave out such an influence on my life. 

From Dont lose your head with the amazing Joan Armatrading

Dont drink and drive your car , dont get breathalysed ,  I have been breathalysed twice and it read zero each time cos I never have drunk and drove. 

Russell Mulcahy worked With Queen and asked they do A Kind of Magic as a stand alone theme song. 

They went and did 

A Kind of Magic

One Year of Love

Pain Is So Close to Pleasure

Who Wants to Live Forever

Gimme The Prize

Don't Lose Your Head

Princes of the Universe

Just One Year Of Love

Gimme The Prize 

Hammer To Fall was used in the Ally way sequence.

Unfortunately  has Freddies New York New York seen the light of day .

Who Wants To Live Forever had Michael Kaymen conducting the London Philharmonic  Ochestra 

One Vision  well who doesn't like Fried Chicken  or its meat free aultinate. 

Don’t Lose Your Head is generally considered one of Queen’s weakest tracks but I find it to be an underrated little gem and another fine example of Roger Taylor’s songwriting skills.

I don’t think there has ever been a band apart from Queen (not even The Beatles) where each member was an exceptional songwriter in his own right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Challenge - Week 9 !

So the first soundtrack I purchase was Fellowship of the Ring back in 2001. Since then we have blessed with full extended sountracks in Dolby Digital 5.1 on DVD-Audio discs to the ultimate upgrade of Blu-ray uncompressed audio DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 which are shown in my photo as a trilogy.

Five films and soundtracks as follows:

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy - and special edition Bluray soundtracks which for some reason switched colours from the traditional green / red / blue for each film! I never tire of watching these films or immersing myself in Howard Shore's epic compositions. Wish more soundtracks were released on 5.1 DTS-HD audio tracks! The ultimate goal would be soundtracks in Atmos surely??

2. The Dark Knight- incredible soundtrack with Why So Serious my favourite track! Soundtrack is a 2 disc special edition released a long while ago. 

3. Man of Steel - really hope a sequel is made! Target released this limited edition metalpak which is embossed and features 2 disc soundtrack (yes there is a pattern lol!)

4. Interstellar - another Zimmer soundtrack but epic and connects on so many levels 

5. Guardians of the Galaxy - mixape soundtrack is full of incredible tunes.

I have added extra photos to show soundtracks in more detail - think first photo had too many to focus on?

IMG_7157.thumb.jpg.46d3ffa3c9fe6e0f685f07d531dd8ddb.jpgIMG_7158.thumb.jpg.b3b0043a6220f996f4758952aa94d24a.jpgIMG_7159.thumb.jpg.c437ac7f79b3be7256986578593d55d1.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

• Like 23

Awards

Challenge 9…. Hopefully

Right, I’m going for this with a hint of cheese 🧀 via games as I’d previously mentioned.  Nobody said no so I’m chancing it 😄.  Added an extra just for extra effort.

The 6 I’ve chosen here are pretty much what I could find in the house!  I didn’t even think I could get this many together.

Favourites are tough but the Terminator 2 soundtrack is great.  The main theme gives me goose pimples even after seeing it billion times.  Was amazing to see it in the cinema in 3D and the sound track there blew me away.  I do really like the Harry Potter sound track too.  Also while not strictly being a soundtrack, Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds is just so good.  

I guess I’d say my absolute favourite (along with T2) would have to be Final Fantasy VII original and Remake. I must have spent 200 - 300 hours playing the original which means I’ve spent way longer listening to that sound track than any single movie by a long way.  

Some got annoying at the time but now I enjoy it all and certain tracks bring me right back to playing it as a kid.  The re-recording for Remake is also great along with a few additional tracks.

Hope this counts 🤞 

1:  Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone

2:  Final Fantasy VII Remake

3:  Star Wars - Revenge Of The Sith

4:  Final Fantasy XIII

5:  Star Wars - The Phantom Menace

6:  Final Fantasy XIII-2

68FFAA0F-C2E9-4163-9F01-94C790D70888.thumb.jpeg.4c715d392e3b9944f093a066da9e8abc.jpeg

Edited by bungral
  • Like 20