FILMS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE DONE AS STEELBOOK BUT NEVER BEEN DONE

pioneers

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/13/2019 at 3:53 PM, Steelbook Indy said:

Here is a list of iconic movies to those in my age range which have yet to be Steelbooked:

1. Office Space - what are we waiting for?  I mean, this is one of the more iconic, quotable movies of the 1990s, and it has no Steelbook much less a collectable edition
  2. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - The movie that landed RDJ Tony Stark.  It's hilarious and a cult favorite. 
  3. Glory - this is a personal favorite but also a star filled cast with an Oscar win (Denzel).  It's about time this get recognized
  4. Some Like It Hot - I know that there is a Steelbook of this on DVD - but where' the Bluray love?
  5. The Natural - a childhood favorite - great baseball fantasy. 
  6. The Sandlot - as a baseball movie, this is far more popular than The Natural and deserves special treatment
  7. Breakfast at Tiffany's - I - just - don't - get - this.
  8. Citizen Kane - Unforgivable.
  9. Do the Right Thing
  10. Malcolm X

Agree with these, but Do the Right Thing has a 4k steelbook out now. You can find it at some Targets in the US. I know because it's one of my all time favorite movies and I just got the steelbook last week.

Edit: I just realize this post is from September. 😩. Hope you picked it up when it came out @Steelbook Indy

dtrt.png

Edited by Wtd

• 4 weeks later...

🦍 I want a BIG Comprehensive Premium release of all the “Original” Planet of the Apes series:

Planet Of The Apes (1968)

This is the movie that started it all. Starring Charlton Heston as astronaut George Taylor, the movie opens when he lands on a strange, uncanny planet. Taylor is horrified to find out that this planet is actually ruled by an extremely intelligent race of apes. Humans, on the other hand, have a seriously diminished mental capacity who simply serve as animals and pets of their ape overlords. Basically, it is a reversal of the roles that apes and humans have in the world Taylor comes from.

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes (1970)

The follow up to the original classic was Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Compared to the original, this film did not come close to living up to the original's greatness. Starring James Franciscus with Charlton Heston returning in a supporting role, it was an utter failure at capturing what the first film was all about.

Although it was an absolute success at the box office, Beneath the Planet of the Apes was lambasted by critics. Many of the sequel's dretractors described it as childish and absolutely missing the point.

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (1971)

Escape from the Planet of the Apes was the most critically acclaimed of the original five sequels to the initial Planet of the Apes film. While the original movie showed Taylor traveling from the present to the eponymous Planet of the Apes, in this movie the characters Cornelius and Zira used his spaceship to travel back in time to 1973.

This film did the job better than any of the other original sequels of replicating what made the original so great. Reversing the situation by sending the apes to the past was a clever twist that kept things very interesting and refreshing.

Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes (1972)

The third sequel to the original movie, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes shows the rise of Caesar, who is a sort of mythological figure and savior who is said to bring about the actual Planet of the Apes. In this new world of 1991, a spaceborne illness has wiped out cats and dogs, leading to apes becoming humans' new pets of choice.

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes (1973)

The final film in the original series, Battle for the Planet of the Apes showed Caesar and his forces finally winning their freedom. Towards the end of the movie, Caesar decides to end the vicious cycle and spare the humans. Instead, the two races live together as equals.

Battle for the Planet of the Apes was the lowest-grossing film in the entire series. Acclaimed film critic Roger Ebert described the film as "the last gasp of a dying series." Although the idea of Caesar's revolution would later be rebooted to much more success, this initial attempt fell flat.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question and this seemed like the best place to ask it rather than starting an entire new topic for it. 
As you all probably know A Clockwork Orange is being picked up by a few boutiques. 
I really love the Titans of Cult art however I don’t like double dipping so I was wondering:

who here thinks Clockwork will get a Cine Museum release? Should I wait?

il y a 3 minutes, Nickyboy a dit :

I have a question and this seemed like the best place to ask it rather than starting an entire new topic for it. 
As you all probably know A Clockwork Orange is being picked up by a few boutiques. 
I really love the Titans of Cult art however I don’t like double dipping so I was wondering:

who here thinks Clockwork will get a Cine Museum release? Should I wait?

It's a possibility, I think
since they've already released The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and 2001 
they might even release it with the Titans of Cult steelbook like they did for 2001

but you may have a long wait, it's CM

2 minutes ago, romain said:

It's a possibility, I think
since they've already released The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and 2001 
they might even release it with the Titans of Cult steelbook like they did for 2001

but you may have a long wait, it's CM

Thanks for the reply. It’s tough for me because that’s my absolute favorite film…ever, so if I wait and than CM doesn’t do it - I’ll never forgive myself 😆

I purposely never added that one to my collection in hopes of a boutique release. 

à l’instant, Nickyboy a dit :

Thanks for the reply. It’s tough for me because that’s my absolute favorite film…ever, so if I wait and than CM doesn’t do it - I’ll never forgive myself 😆

I purposely never added that one to my collection in hopes of a boutique release. 

in my opinion there is a great chance that CM will release an edition of this film

I would be more hesitant about the year of release 

My updated list of what I would like to see done as SteelBook or Premium release...

Beloved (1998)

The Color Purple (1985)

What Dreams May Come (1998)

Amistad (1997)

*Batteries Not Included (1987)

Gods and Monsters (1998)

Heart and Souls (1993)

Moonlight (2016)

Out of Africa (1985)

Gandhi (1982)

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

Biutiful (2010)

El Topo (1970)

Thriller: A Cruel Picture (1973)

Most of Pedro Almodovar Films (1974 - )

¿Quién puede matar a un niño? - Who Can Kill a Child (1976)

Canoa: A Shameful Memory (1976)

Papillon (1973)

Soylent Green (1973)

Alpha (2018)

The Farewell (2019)

See (TV, 2019)

Palmer (2021)

capricornio34232

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am patiently waiting for all of the James Bond movies that have yet to have a steelbook: The Man With The Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, Octopussy, A View To A Kill, The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, and Tomorrow Never Dies.  I would also like to see Never Say Never Again get a steelbook release even though it is not an official Bond movie.

Each year goes by and still no releases for these 🤔

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 5:36 PM, Wtd said:

Agree with these, but Do the Right Thing has a 4k steelbook out now. You can find it at some Targets in the US. I know because it's one of my all time favorite movies and I just got the steelbook last week.

Edit: I just realize this post is from September. 😩. Hope you picked it up when it came out @Steelbook Indy

dtrt.png

:) September of 2019.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2021 at 5:20 PM, Veum said:

🦍 I want a BIG Comprehensive Premium release of all the “Original” Planet of the Apes series:

Planet Of The Apes (1968)

This is the movie that started it all. Starring Charlton Heston as astronaut George Taylor, the movie opens when he lands on a strange, uncanny planet. Taylor is horrified to find out that this planet is actually ruled by an extremely intelligent race of apes. Humans, on the other hand, have a seriously diminished mental capacity who simply serve as animals and pets of their ape overlords. Basically, it is a reversal of the roles that apes and humans have in the world Taylor comes from.

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes (1970)

The follow up to the original classic was Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Compared to the original, this film did not come close to living up to the original's greatness. Starring James Franciscus with Charlton Heston returning in a supporting role, it was an utter failure at capturing what the first film was all about.

Although it was an absolute success at the box office, Beneath the Planet of the Apes was lambasted by critics. Many of the sequel's dretractors described it as childish and absolutely missing the point.

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (1971)

Escape from the Planet of the Apes was the most critically acclaimed of the original five sequels to the initial Planet of the Apes film. While the original movie showed Taylor traveling from the present to the eponymous Planet of the Apes, in this movie the characters Cornelius and Zira used his spaceship to travel back in time to 1973.

This film did the job better than any of the other original sequels of replicating what made the original so great. Reversing the situation by sending the apes to the past was a clever twist that kept things very interesting and refreshing.

Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes (1972)

The third sequel to the original movie, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes shows the rise of Caesar, who is a sort of mythological figure and savior who is said to bring about the actual Planet of the Apes. In this new world of 1991, a spaceborne illness has wiped out cats and dogs, leading to apes becoming humans' new pets of choice.

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes (1973)

The final film in the original series, Battle for the Planet of the Apes showed Caesar and his forces finally winning their freedom. Towards the end of the movie, Caesar decides to end the vicious cycle and spare the humans. Instead, the two races live together as equals.

Battle for the Planet of the Apes was the lowest-grossing film in the entire series. Acclaimed film critic Roger Ebert described the film as "the last gasp of a dying series." Although the idea of Caesar's revolution would later be rebooted to much more success, this initial attempt fell flat.

BRAVOoo!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1