IGNORED

FILMS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE DONE AS STEELBOOK BUT NEVER BEEN DONE

pioneers

Here is a list of iconic movies to those in my age range which have yet to be Steelbooked:

1. Office Space - what are we waiting for?  I mean, this is one of the more iconic, quotable movies of the 1990s, and it has no Steelbook much less a collectable edition
  2. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - The movie that landed RDJ Tony Stark.  It's hilarious and a cult favorite. 
  3. Glory - this is a personal favorite but also a star filled cast with an Oscar win (Denzel).  It's about time this get recognized
  4. Some Like It Hot - I know that there is a Steelbook of this on DVD - but where' the Bluray love?
  5. The Natural - a childhood favorite - great baseball fantasy. 
  6. The Sandlot - as a baseball movie, this is far more popular than The Natural and deserves special treatment
  7. Breakfast at Tiffany's - I - just - don't - get - this.
  8. Citizen Kane - Unforgivable.
  9. Do the Right Thing
  10. Malcolm X
  • Like 2

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, larson1977 said:

And my list:

- True Lies

- True Lies

- True Lies 

- True Lies 

- True Lies 

- True Lies 

And also worth mentioning:

- TRUE LIES....

Come on James, you promised us a Bluray 2019 release for this !!!

And heres not forgetting the Abyss...

then theres .....

The Abyss

The Abyss

The Abyss

The Abyss

and did I mention the Abyss...🤣🤣🤣...pleeeeeze get a move on n with these titles...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

True Lies 25 years and The Abyss  21 years  

Terminator 1 got premium treatment at 23 years so anything is possible. 

So much is crying out for a premium  .

Even better when they mark a milestone anniversary  

I was keeping everything crossed for a nice 50th anniversary Premium of Bullitt last year, but we did get a Zavvi Steel so technically my wish came true. 😁

Now if only someone would release The Original Gone in 60 Secs, Cannonball Run 1 & 2, Smokey & the Bandit 1 & 2, Convoy & Fast Company I can die happy 😂

Also, why has no one released a stand alone Steel of F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer???

Ohhh... and a Premium release of Batman & Batman Returns are also Loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng overdue. 😉 Pretty sure I have said all of this on this thread already 😂 But what the hell, it’s 2019 and I’m still waiting 😆🤣

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 12:22 AM, Scary Hair said:

True Lies 25 years and The Abyss  21 years  

Terminator 1 got premium treatment at 23 years so anything is possible. 

So much is crying out for a premium  .

Even better when they mark a milestone anniversary  

It would be great. Especially since that would mean that it's on blu-ray. Or 4K.

I would add:

- Nocturnal Animals (Tom Ford). What a stylish and elegant steelbook could give ...

- Curse of the Golden Flower (Zhang Yimou), a film that aesthetically could provide a wonderful steelbook.

- The Grandmaster (Wong Kar Wai). There is already a steelbook, not weasy to find, and with a common design...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just watched a good ol’ revenge Western that takes place in the beautiful Alps of Austria that would look fantastic with a Premium edition of Lenticulars  THe Dark Valley 🤩 This is a dark and brooding movie. It is centered deep in the Mountains of Austria back in the days of Western U.S. movies but in this different amazing setting. And this setting is beautiful. I would recommend the movie for the raw stark background of the scenery in the area; Especially the still eeriness of winter.

image.jpeg.b357a09c7d28d65e8eb2713c2bdb1253.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wtd said:

I'd love some of Leone's westerns to get the UHD/4K treatment. A full set of his westerns would be great, but I mostly want a 4k remaster of Once Upon a Time in the West with some great art.

I'd also love to see a Kurosawa premium box set in 4k.

Add Hang ‘Em High/The Outlaw Josey Wales/Tombstone and I’m right there with ya!:)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...