IGNORED

Manta Lab Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?

extantsrevenge

Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?

• Pulp FIction
    • The Matrix
    • Dunkirk
    • Her
    • Wonder Woman 1984
    • Kill BIll Vol.1
    • Kill BIll Vol.2
    • Tenet
    • Birds of Prey
    • Drive
    • Blade Runner
    • Fantastic Beasts 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2020 at 10:00 AM

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:29 PM, pygospa said:

Instead, why not give some love to the titles we haven't seen yet? Let's just stay with Tarantino. What about Death Proof? What about Django? What about Four Rooms? And even though he didn't realize them, why not get a Special Edition on True Romance? Natural Born Killers? (Yes, Tarantino hates it, but it's still a  great movie and at least Tarantino related). I get it, that every label is like "wow, that's the best movie, I love it, we need to bring out an edition of it" - but I would surely appreciate it if they'd also look what other labels already did, and consider the value of having so many editions of the same movie for their loyal customers, as well as the devaluation they participate in, if there's so many "limited" edition of one and the same movie, that in sum, there are more editions out there than customer asking for, lowering the value of every collectors collection.

Hi together,

basicly I agree with @pygospa.

There are so much titles, I would like to have beeing part of my showroom.

An other point is the one, which has been mentioned by @Veum (in the german "this and that"-thread) or/and @Trianna here: There are a lot of people, who are still looking for a premium edition of movies like Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Matrix, Dunkirk etc..

The first minutes after seeing Mantas announcement, I have been a bit disappointed, because I own the Novas, UHDCs, Blufans (Pulp Ficition, Kill Bills, Matrix, Dunkirk..).

But the fact, that there will be quite a lot of WEAs, makes me feeling good again... :D

So - almost "all-in" except "Her", "Drive", "Blade Runner" and "Fantastic Beasts 2"...

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

• Like 4

@Cornbuster Yeah, that's the everlasting problem between someone getting in new to the hobby (or leaving out certain countries, or concentrating just on one label, etc.), and the long-term "international" collector. I am of course happy for all those who did not get any of the previous releases. Then again, the more editions there are, the better you can get them. For instance, I just did an eBay search on Kill Bill. These are the offers:

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova B: $49.99

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova A: $84.00

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova Lenticular: $52.00

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova Keepcase: $35.79   <-- I didn't even know, these existed?!

- Kill Bill Vol. 1+2, Nova Keepcase: $65.99

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova Oneclick: $290
- Kill Bill Premium DVD Box Japan Vol. 1+2: $137.77

There is much more, I just sorted by price - but you'll see, these are still pretty affordable, and not too hard to get - If you are looking for something specific and do a more specific search, I'll guess you'd even find more and better offers. Especially if you can wait and monitor the market a bit.

Again, I am not totally against it, I can see this point as well - and in the past I used to be happy, for example, when Filmarena did something I didn't have, even though couple of other companies already did it. Or, for instance, my holy grail film is "Ex Machina" - and I was - and still am - on the hunt for the Filmarena release. But same time I was excited, when Manta announced this movie - I got the one click, I've got the Mondo X Steelbook, plus the two international Steelbooks as well. And I'd still be celebrating if yet someone else does one - but to an certain extend, this also incorporates that there is something new and different that you can still do with that movie. I don't see that happening for movies, such as Kill Bill.

So I am, naturally, a bit disappointed by these announcements - I'd rather have annoucements with movies that I really wanted to hit the market in a premium edition that haven't been announced yet. E.g. The Shining (FAC), or Jaws (FAC), Blade Runner (ML), etc. And I am even still fine with movies that did get a premium treatment, but just once, such as Dunkirik, or Her. But titles like Drive or Kill Bill...

But again, that's just me, and I am happy for anyone that is actually excited by this announcement. I just wish that I'd be happier about it, I guess - I don't want to miss out on happy feelings :D

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pygospa said:

@Cornbuster Yeah, that's the everlasting problem between someone getting in new to the hobby (or leaving out certain countries, or concentrating just on one label, etc.), and the long-term "international" collector. I am of course happy for all those who did not get any of the previous releases. Then again, the more editions there are, the better you can get them. For instance, I just did an eBay search on Kill Bill. These are the offers:

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova B: $49.99

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova A: $84.00

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova Lenticular: $52.00

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova Keepcase: $35.79   <-- I didn't even know, these existed?!

- Kill Bill Vol. 1+2, Nova Keepcase: $65.99

- Kill Bill Vol. 2, Nova Oneclick: $290
- Kill Bill Premium DVD Box Japan Vol. 1+2: $137.77

There is much more, I just sorted by price - but you'll see, these are still pretty affordable, and not too hard to get - If you are looking for something specific and do a more specific search, I'll guess you'd even find more and better offers. Especially if you can wait and monitor the market a bit.

Again, I am not totally against it, I can see this point as well - and in the past I used to be happy, for example, when Filmarena did something I didn't have, even though couple of other companies already did it. Or, for instance, my holy grail film is "Ex Machina" - and I was - and still am - on the hunt for the Filmarena release. But same time I was excited, when Manta announced this movie - I got the one click, I've got the Mondo X Steelbook, plus the two international Steelbooks as well. And I'd still be celebrating if yet someone else does one - but to an certain extend, this also incorporates that there is something new and different that you can still do with that movie. I don't see that happening for movies, such as Kill Bill.

So I am, naturally, a bit disappointed by these announcements - I'd rather have annoucements with movies that I really wanted to hit the market in a premium edition that haven't been announced yet. E.g. The Shining (FAC), or Jaws (FAC), Blade Runner (ML), etc. And I am even still fine with movies that did get a premium treatment, but just once, such as Dunkirik, or Her. But titles like Drive or Kill Bill...

But again, that's just me, and I am happy for anyone that is actually excited by this announcement. I just wish that I'd be happier about it, I guess - I don't want to miss out on happy feelings :D

Nothing more to say, I'm with you... :D

Nevertheless - an edition is not always a worthy replacement for another one - Nova's Kill Bill - One-Click's for instance are unbeatable (my opinion of course).

Will Ferrell Agree GIF

• Like 3

Easier to say what I WON’T buy.... 😁

Her

Tenet

Fantastic Beasts 2

Manta have up to now been Amazing. I know there are some doubts about them moving forwards since thier changes internally, but I only see this list as a positive thing. It means they are stepping their game up in terms of ambition.  

Im probably Most looking forward to Dunkirk or Drive (if they indeed do happen).

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Cornbuster said:

Nevertheless - an edition is not always a worthy replacement for another one - Nova's Kill Bill - One-Click's for instance are unbeatable (my opinion of course).

Oh yeah, most definately. That's another point. If you feel like someone did everything possible to make an edition new and special (and as it was never done before), it's hard to top that. I'd say, there are certain companies, where I'm sure that they could (and MantaLab is a candidate and sometimes does!) pull of something that no one has done before with just that movie. But with titles like Kill Bill that's hard. We already have the red and yellow ones, the Katana and the kill-list (in different variations), the black ones with Thurman wearing yellow or black, the Bride look in different poses, and then Nova ocmes along with their crazy ass new sepia paper covers, their absolute incredible 3D Lenticulars (with classic motives) and their "normal" full slips with great new artwork and finish. Not to mention the snake-skin structured boxsets and all the extras (including the rubber snake) - I am so in love with these releases. Don't see MantaLab topping these; but let's see! Even though it might seem that I am against it, I am not and even more: I am open to be surprised :) .oO( And to be quite honest, I think I'll still get them anyways - my poor bank account :( ).

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

Madness!

Why Man? You sayin’ me non-elect choices be madness? or me indecision ta decide is madness? 

Fraid’ that one as gon’ wayyyy over me ‘ead Bruv, but dat could be the beer & sunshine talkin’. 🍻☀️☀️☀️😁😁😁

It’s All Manta Dogs & Englishmen over ere pal 😁😂👍🏼

(ps. I’ve had a few beverages old chap, and I’m absolutely Tony Starked. I thought one might have a dabble with a spot of the old Chav just for sh*ts & giggles dear fellow 🧐

giphy.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣👌🏼🍻🍻🍻❤️

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Why Man? You sayin’ me non-elect choices be madness? or me indecision ta decide is madness? 

Fraid’ that one as gon’ wayyyy over me ‘ead Bruv, but dat could be the beer & sunshine talkin’. 🍻☀️☀️☀️😁😁😁

It’s All Manta Dogs & Englishmen over ere pal 😁😂👍🏼

(ps. I’ve had a few beverages old chap, and I’m absolutely Tony Starked. I thought one might have a dabble with a spot of the old Chav just for sh*ts & giggles dear fellow 🧐

giphy.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣👌🏼🍻🍻🍻❤️

I think I'm too american to understand this, can someone translate 😂

• Haha 4

I was very surprised that there is no a clear winner, the votes are very distributed.

This is a good sign that the preferences are very varied, and that although sometimes we all believe that what we like is the most important thing, and what will sell the most, there is room for everything here. And very different titles can find their audience, and be profitable financially.

Because although we love to think only in terms of our favorite movies, they are companies, not NGOs ;) 

I'm very happy that Manta Lab work is going to make us all happy. Because with that list we will all be happy at some point. Or rather: in more than one.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I was very surprised that there is no a clear winner, the votes are very distributed.

This is a good sign that the preferences are very varied, and that although sometimes we all believe that what we like is the most important thing, and what will sell the most, there is room for everything here. And very different titles can find their audience, and be profitable financially.

Because although we love to think only in terms of our favorite movies, they are companies, not NGOs ;) 

I'm very happy that Manta Lab work is going to make us all happy. Because with that list we will all be happy at some point. Or rather: in more than one.

Also people like me that selected all but 1 or 2 😅

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

AjarFakeEasternglasslizard-size_restrict

It's kinda surprising to me that the least voted is Fantastic Beasts 2. :|

Is it beacuse you guys already got the Blufans edition or just don't like the movie?

658d0c7c0b54a961a094a9c8ed714406.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

That you wont be getting tenet. 

Ahhhhh I see. Doesn’t interest me I’m afraid. Lots of running around chasing people, shooting lots of guns & not hitting each other, and some grand gesture explosions I am presuming. I’ll certainly watch it, eventually. But not something I would want to watch again & again, and I can’t say that I am exactly fond of Mr. Pattinson either.

I am sure as per usual that I will be in the absolute minority in here thinking this, but we can’t all like the same things can we 😊🍻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LeGonze said:

AjarFakeEasternglasslizard-size_restrict

It's kinda surprising to me that the least voted is Fantastic Beasts 2. :|

Is it beacuse you guys already got the Blufans edition or just don't like the movie?

658d0c7c0b54a961a094a9c8ed714406.gif

Nope. It’s because it’s a movie about Wizards with silly hair & little sticks. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, couldn’t help myself - Just teasing. 😁👍🏼

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

Ahhhhh I see. Doesn’t interest me I’m afraid. Lots of running around chasing people, shooting lots of guns & not hitting each other, and some grand gesture explosions I am presuming. I’ll certainly watch it, eventually. But not something I would want to watch again & again, and I can’t say that I am exactly fond of Mr. Pattinson either.

I am sure as per usual that I will be in the absolute minority in here thinking this, but we can’t all like the same things can we 😊🍻

Generally speaking, I would totally feel you on this - if it wasn't that it's a Christopher Nolan-Film. I don't know all his films yet, but all the ones I do know (Memento, Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, and Dunkirk) where really great movies, which is why I wouldn't dismiss a Nolan-Film even if the trailer would look like something I wouldn't enjoy.

Still, that doesn't mean you have to feel the same way, though :)I myself have a couple of movies I cannot say I dislike because people would then throw me out of here :De.g. I don't get the hype around The Godfather trilogy at all. I was absolutely bored...

Edited by pygospa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Im quite shocked that Her seems to be rated alongside BOP and FB2! Her is a fantastic, well reviewed, original movie that has stuck in my mind since I saw it years ago. The only premium I know of is the now expensive kimchidvd release which is a bit of a grail item, so its obviously popular. Im suprised more people are not clamouring to get hold of what would surely be a stunning Manta lab one click!

• Like 3