IGNORED

Manta Lab Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?

extantsrevenge

Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?

• Pulp FIction
    • The Matrix
    • Dunkirk
    • Her
    • Wonder Woman 1984
    • Kill BIll Vol.1
    • Kill BIll Vol.2
    • Tenet
    • Birds of Prey
    • Drive
    • Blade Runner
    • Fantastic Beasts 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2020 at 10:00 AM

9 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

BEST.... RESPONSE.... EVER! 🤣👌🏼

Did we we just become friends? Because I mean, I think we should become Friends! 😁🍻

7 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Come on!! Give me a hug my Friend!!... xD

Friendship through a common appreciation of little sticks...what better way to start?

lisa simpson wiggle GIF

Edited by Trianna
  • Haha 7

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be looking out for The Matrix only the 1st one and Blade Runner 

WHY you may ask and if you dont ask ill tell you anyway 200.gif

The Matrix is a  I NEED the right artwork to fit the movie .

What I have in my head has not been matched as yet 

Rich and the kids say it is this in my head 

monkey clapping GIF

Blade Runner

ARTWORK PLEASE FOR ME  WITH THE MUCH MISSED LATE GREAT  Rutger Hauer AT THE FOR FRONT NO IFS NO BUTS  

Blade Runner Film GIF

I AM CONVINCED BLADE RUNNER WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED WITHOUT HIS PERFORMANCE 

FOR SOME REPLICANT LOVE 

p.s Anyone saying he was Not the best casting ever

Come Here Lets Go GIF

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Trianna said:

Friendship through a common appreciation of little sticks...what better way to start?

8 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Don’t you go putting words in my mouth, or poking me Madam. Little sticks just aren’t my department 

Yeah!! We definitely don’t like little sticks!!... 

image.gif.b398bbc4618477560252abbefa804b92.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

OMG This is all so sudden and such an unexpected Bro-mance 🤣👌🏼 I feel like have just met my long lost digital best mate 😂👍🏼

Oi @Trianna...

😂😂😂

Oh Stop it you!!

tenor.gif?itemid=3864538

Actually I'm pretty happy to have you as a friend! 

My friends are a Frog and a Dog and Bear and a weird Animal and even a beautiful Pig girl that loves me. But I never had Spider-Man as my friend!! That is soooooo Awesome!!...

I'm so Flattered!!

tumblr_m6nj4vEQF51rqus56.gif

• Haha 7

• ★ Administrators ★

And the

winner GIF

is

the matrix GIF

with 49 votes. It is a cinematic Masterpiece so not a real surprise.

The second place goes to Tenet

Car Chase Action GIF by Regal

with 45 votes. Looks like this is the most anticipated movie of the year and everyone has high hopes for a Nolan movie. I hope it works out and this guy

breaking dawn edward GIF

will not destroy it 😅

Place 3 goes to Drive with 44 votes

awesome ryan gosling GIF by hoppip

After that

43 votes Pulp Fiction

say what again pulp fiction GIF

42 votes Kill Bill Vol.1

41 votes Kill Bill Vol.2

also 41 votes Blade Runner (guess we already had some fantastic releases, but I would love to see more)

harrison ford eating GIF

38 votes Dunkirk (GB is open)

37 votes Wonder Woman 84

Amazon Love GIF by Regal

not higher 😭

32 votes Her

28 votes Birds of Prey

and last with only 24 votes Grindelwald

What do you guys think of the results?

@mjk @Foxneo13 @R1s1ngs0n @Darkinoux @JiumJium @cypheria078 @Trianna @pygospa @lingrass @romain @Veum @claptraw @nickd0923 @Magnifly @Koi999 @raylight @Tanakorn @Unai Usabiaga @wkdritz @Limited Edition @aj101097 @MrTwoArms @LeGonze @Intentcoin @ukade2327 @thekeezle @RileyLad @PRIAPISM @art7200 @Mattrivers95 @Hardcore @jasongk @fvg627 @FlanInTheFace @ryanbsmith @BrikHaus @MadMatt86 @Michael hillaby @Robertm89 @Cornbuster @loaded1333 @Cy1 @Jay jay @Rockntoni87 @Casiusco @GANTZ @BobaFett1974 @Trajan @Minui @Catgirl @Benoit46 @RAK @Petchy2538 @WesternBronco @Caktus26 @Jaksu @bilbon @Zeeeell @Scary Hair @Fortis93 @DarthEd @3rasus @Ryan @Neil21Harris @Spainboy79 @HomeHomeHome @ChucklingBerry @Trianna @Hollywood E Rock @deckard99 @mamedor @Darkinoux @swish @loaded1333 @Julien2 @Pbsw23

Thanks for voting 🙏

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Great presentation of the result. I really like the effort you put on this, so thank you, @extantsrevenge!

11 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

also 41 votes Blade Runner (guess we already had some fantastic releases, but I would love to see more)

This remark puzzles me a bit. What releases of Blade Runner are there? For me, just the Briefcase release (with an amaray and the Origiami Horse) comes to mind. Oh and of course 1 or 2 Steelbook releases, that all wheren't too beautiful either. I don't remember seeing any other "premium" release besides these, and I wouldn't think of the releases I remember a "premium", as they all had their downsides as well. But maybe I've missed something? Just for this reason, and am really looking forward to the MantaLab release. It's a classic master piece and I always wanted to own a copy worthy of the movie.

Regarding the results, I feel the same way that @Casiusco already excellently expressed: There is no clear winner. Maybe it's just my perception but it feels like there is no one real excitement for any of the titles, and I would again argue that this probably has to do with the fact that most titles have already been done, regardless by whom ad how many times. I do really get excited when I hear about a title that hasn't been done yet, and that I look forward to. E.g. the first Pan's Labyrinth release by Kimchi. Boy was I happy. Or the Ex Machina release. Or Gladiator, Bad Boys, Black Hawk Down, etc. The only title that was really surprising for me is Tenet, but I haven't seen that one yet (probably never will [in Cinemas] due to the ongoing Corona virus stop using inappropriate language), so it will be a blind buy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pygospa said:

This remark puzzles me a bit. What releases of Blade Runner are there? For me, just the Briefcase release (with an amaray and the Origiami Horse) comes to mind. Oh and of course 1 or 2 Steelbook releases, that all wheren't too beautiful either. I don't remember seeing any other "premium" release besides these, and I wouldn't think of the releases I remember a "premium", as they all had their downsides as well. But maybe I've missed something? Just for this reason, and am really looking forward to the MantaLab release. It's a classic master piece and I always wanted to own a copy worthy of the movie.

HDzeta silver label released a Premium lenticular edition of BR which up to this point is the best edition available.

29547079847_5a955c3d5d_b.jpg

However, that is about to change with UHD Club releasing their own Premium, hopefully later this year 🤩

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The winner not surprises me. There's no premium edition of this movie on the marked, except the UHD Club release and that´s no Steelbook if i'm right. Blade Runner seems also really cool.

What surprises me more is the fact that WW84 has earned not so many approval. If this is because the movie wasn't shown till now in Cinemas🤔. Grindelwald surprises me not, there's Manta too late like the first Phantastic Beasts release. But if they don't screw it, they could have slight advantage against Blufans, cause their release was far too small and without a WEA Steelbook which was really disappointing for me😕.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The final list of voted movies is very consistent. There are movies that always sell, and others deplete their potential sooner. That is important to distinguish it, we like it or not. Retailers are not non-profit associations. There are also titles that, without having great potential, can take advantage of the fact that they have been discontinued for a long time, and many people were late to buy it. They are different business options, and each one has its own characteristics and attributes. Under this interesting list there are three or four types of releases, and the investment and the return are not the same in one and the other.

Of course, a collector's edition of Matrix in 4K with a steelbook would ensure great success. A greater success if they do the same with the complete trilogy. In fact, some kind of OC with all three would be a bomb.

The success of "Tenet", even without having seen it, is consistent with the madness and sales behind any Christopher Nolan film or edition. Retailers should take note, because the first part of his filmography is there, waiting.

And, one more time, I'm aiming to be able to have some kind of "Kill Bill" edition to have the two movies together.

The only thing that has surprised me is that "Her" has so few votes, when reselling the Kimchidvd edition has been quite expensive for many years. It's also true that, as perhaps I have already said once, this lenticular, as a concept of adaptation to the film, originality and elegance, is insurmountable.

But yes, it is a good selection of titles, and a vote with a lot of sense. 

• Like 3

@Casiusco Again, in general I share your opinions, but I have two things where I deviate a bit:

57 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

The success of "Tenet", even without having seen it, is consistent with the madness and sales behind any Christopher Nolan film or edition. Retailers should take note, because the first part of his filmography is there, waiting.

I wouldn't just credit it to "madness" (btw. madness in what sense? That the fans/public are/is mad for Nolan even though it is undeserved? [i.e. negative madness] Or the madness Nolan shows when creating his projects? [i.e. positive madness]) and sales behind Nolan, but also to Nolan himself as a filmmaker. I mean, one cannot dispute that he has done some pretty good movies, can one? Memento, Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, Interstellar (I don't like it too much, personally, but the imagery is still pretty impressive), and Dunkirk are rather exceptional, compared to most movies that hit the cinemas. People associate these with his name if they liked the flicks. It's of similar quality (to me) as would the name Tarantino, Hitchcock, Bava, etc. would be: you have certain expectations and associations. But that's not (or not just) due to the marketing and sales behind the movie.

Naturally, I am pretty excited when I hear that name. I would have definitely watched it in cinemas, if I could. But I am not going to, even if the Cinemas reopen and even if they are showing it, due to the current Corona-situation. So to see it, I have to get it anyways, and I don't go for Amarays which make me unhappy (as they are ugly) for a couple of reasons - even for a blind buy (given however, that I have a strong feeling that I might like the movie!):

1. If I like the movie, I'd be unhappy, that I missed out on a premium edition when I had the chance; resell prices might skyrocket and then I would never get that edition, as I usually am not willing to pay much higher than the original price
  2. If I don't like the movie, I probably wasted 10€-20€ for a movie, that I won't get back. Used Amarays usually don't sell for much more than 1€-5€. If on the other hand I had the Full slip, these you can always sell, if you wanted to. Originally sealed packages usually go for much higher than the asking price, so getting something in the area of the asking price for an opened one is not that hard (even though nowadays it actually is getting harder and harder).

Those are at least my reasons for being exited in Tenet, even though I don't know it yet.

57 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

The only thing that has surprised me is that "Her" has so few votes, when reselling the Kimchidvd edition has been quite expensive for many years. It's also true that, as perhaps I have already said once, this lenticular, as a concept of adaptation to the film, originality and elegance, is insurmountable.

Actually here, I did not expect the demand to be as high - even with the Kimchi lenticular - I think most people just got that because of the package itself, rather than because of the movie. It is pretty special interest, it is a slow burner, a movie to think about, I would go as far as to say it has arthousy tendencies. So I wouldn't expect any yaw droppings just because the title is mentioned. Then again, if the edition manages to excite people even if they don't know the movie yet, then demand for this will skyrocket (as we saw with KimchiDVDs release), if not, it's probably not the best pick for the masses. But I am pretty excited for this release as well, as I missed out on the Kimchi one, and really want to get this movie in an edition it deserves :)

Edited by pygospa
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

No worries, UC will blow that one out of the water 🙂

Err... why don't I see your name on that GB list btw?

Actually, I never got into UC as well... to be quite honest, I am just a little bit overwhelmed by all these editions. For a long time there where those really few Asian ones, and Filmarena. Today you've got so many labels: BlackBarons, BluFans, CineMuseum, EverythingBlu, Fantastic Selection, Filmarena, HDZeta, KimchiDVD, MantaLab, NovaMedia, PlainArchive, SteelArchive (okey they stopped), UHD Club, U'Mania, WeET, and so many more that I haven't listed, because I don't even know half of them anymore.

And for the most part, they all do the same thing. There are few exceptions, and if I remember correctly UC was that crazy company with those wooden boxes? But yeah, most of them do the same: Fullslip, Lenticular Fullslip, Cards, Booklet, WEA Steelbook (sometimes WWA); and even Titles are the same. Everybody did Wonderwoman, everybody did Blade Runner 2049, everybody did <ADD HYPE MOVIE HERE>. Which is why I just stopped looking into new things. There's so much out there, I couldn't even afford getting into all of them. And in the end, you never know, which one you like best, so yeah.

Also, I believe UC is quite expensive? With getting most of MantaLab, all of Filmarena, next to all of BlackBarons, all of EverythingBlu and selected titles from Nova, Kimchi and BluFans, I feel like I already spent so much cash (and there's even more - I am also into classics, so there are these Mediabook companies, like Wicked and Anolis where I get everything, plus next to everything from Turbine and Birnenblatt, a lot of Capelight, and a couple of NSM, Nameless, etc.). So all in all, I have pretty much on my hands already, and somewhere I just have to draw a line. Sorry that it is your GBs, but that's nothing personal :D 

Edited by pygospa
There's so much out there, I COULD even afford... lol, I wished I could :D
  • Like 1

For me, if I'm honest, there's no clear winner and that was what I expected.

For me all mentioned films are good, well known but the real "blockbuster" which everybody is waiting for is not in the list and what also the result shows:

1. Matrix 49
2. Tenet 45
3. Drive 44
4. Pulp Fiction 43
5. Kill Bill 1 42
6. Kill Bill 2 41
7. Blade Runner 41

Place 1 to 7 a gap of 8 points.

Place 2 to 7 with a gap of only 4 points.

For me that is not a "totally clear winner" result.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The MORE realises we get means the more choice at arwork ect .

The Matrix is well Iconic Fight My Body Is Ready GIF - Fight MyBodyIsReady Neo GIFs

Tanet Nolan is Marmite  Marmite GIF - Marmite GIFs OR marmite GIF by ADWEEK

The fact that these two are the top is no surprise . The thing that is is Wonder Woman not being up here being as like Tanet only trailers have been seen so far .

Grindlwald Manta is too late I fear for that unless of cause this will tie with the next instalment of Fantastic beasts .

Drive to Blade Runner well lets just see when more is known that may be an interesting race too split

intense horse racing GIF

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...