IGNORED

Manta Lab Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?

extantsrevenge

Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new Manta announced titles would you buy?

• Pulp FIction
    • The Matrix
    • Dunkirk
    • Her
    • Wonder Woman 1984
    • Kill BIll Vol.1
    • Kill BIll Vol.2
    • Tenet
    • Birds of Prey
    • Drive
    • Blade Runner
    • Fantastic Beasts 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2020 at 10:00 AM

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Casiusco said:

Maybe I'm a weird guy, but I'd love to have a collector's edition of "Kill Bill" where the two movies were together. I don't know if in a single edition, or in something like an one click box, but it's the same film in two parts, not two films, and I would love to have them together.

Many people would like to see these two films released as one opus, not just you.

Regardless, you’re still a pretty weird guy 😜

• Haha 9

29 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Maybe I'm a weird guy, but I'd love to have a collector's edition of "Kill Bill" where the two movies were together. I don't know if in a single edition, or in something like an one click box, but it's the same film in two parts, not two films, and I would love to have them together.

While to me these two movies feel totally different (and I have to confess I like Kill Bill 1 so much better than Kill Bill 2), when someone would put both of them in a Box designed for both movies, with a continuous, matching design (maybe something that Filmarena did with the Spiderman Homecoming, where you could put all Editions together for a continuous image), I would get that with out a second of thought. I am always a Fan of Boxsets, that contain things that belong together. Cannot tell you why that is, but yeah. That's me :D

5 minutes ago, mjk said:

If they actually released all of these. Im going to be getting all of them. Amazing line up

I also voted for all of them, to be honest. I've talked about this already in the German thread, because I am not too happy about their lineup. Then again, I am me, and this is MantaLab, so who am I kidding. But I still have some reservations on these titles (rest I will be getting without a second thought):

• Pulp Fiction: I love that movie, but I'd own it 5 times then. I don't believe they can still add something to the release that we haven't seen anywhere else yet, so I am rather hesitant. Especially as it also came with three beautiful, never before seen artworks, including the promo picture where Samuel L. Jackson was accidentally not wearing his hair piece. What else could you imagine?
  • Kill Bill: Over the years I grew more fond of the first part of this movie than most of his other work - I'd say it even surpassed Pulp Fiction, so I am really in love with this. BUT again, I have 3 different editions of this movie, including the Nova Media One-Click Boxsets, that came with sneak leather structure, a lot of extra gimmiks (a Hatori Hanzo coster, a rubber snake, a "stop using inappropriate language Wagon" key tag) and three beautifull artworks that have never before been seen.
  • Drive: Once more, I wonder if this movie didn't already get more than enough limited edition releases. So many steelbooks that are considered holy grailes, the Mondo X Steelbook that is super rare, the Future Shop O-Card Amaray edition, Fullslips by Plain Archive, NovaMedia, KD-Media, the German One-Click Boxset with three different Mediabooks (one Padded). How many more do we need?

Instead, why not give some love to the titles we haven't seen yet? Let's just stay with Tarantino. What about Death Proof? What about Django? What about Four Rooms? And even though he didn't realize them, why not get a Special Edition on True Romance? Natural Born Killers? (Yes, Tarantino hates it, but it's still a  great movie and at least Tarantino related). I get it, that every label is like "wow, that's the best movie, I love it, we need to bring out an edition of it" - but I would surely appreciate it if they'd also look what other labels already did, and consider the value of having so many editions of the same movie for their loyal customers, as well as the devaluation they participate in, if there's so many "limited" edition of one and the same movie, that in sum, there are more editions out there than customer asking for, lowering the value of every collectors collection.

• Like 10

Out of this disappointing lineup HER Is the movie I’m most excited to see get the Manta Lab treatment, unfortunately I was late to the party on the other releases. All the other movies If they can get the art approved I’m sure will be produced beautifully, but I’m just not excited for them. 

2 hours ago, pygospa said:

Instead, why not give some love to the titles we haven't seen yet? Let's just stay with Tarantino. What about Death Proof? What about Django? What about Four Rooms? And even though he didn't realize them, why not get a Special Edition on True Romance? Natural Born Killers? (Yes, Tarantino hates it, but it's still a  great movie and at least Tarantino related). I get it, that every label is like "wow, that's the best movie, I love it, we need to bring out an edition of it" - but I would surely appreciate it if they'd also look what other labels already did, and consider the value of having so many editions of the same movie for their loyal customers, as well as the devaluation they participate in, if there's so many "limited" edition of one and the same movie, that in sum, there are more editions out there than customer asking for, lowering the value of every collectors collection.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Trianna said:

I agree that most of these movies (besides the ones not released yet) already had their fair share of editions. But yet I would be glad, since I missed out on a lot of these.

late the white rabbit GIF

3 hours ago, claptraw said:

As I missed out on Pulp Fiction and Her, I would love to see those again! Especially as I'm sure, that Manta would do a brilliant job with them!

Yes, and to be quite honest, it's the same with me. I'm always happy when someone does something that I missed out on. Which is why I did not mention Her, or Matrix, or others where there's already another premium edition. I missed out on Her as well. It's just there are a couple of movies that have been done over and over again, so often that I think everybody who was interested in them must surely own one or the other copy of it. But at the end, of course it always depends on the individual, and just bitching about it, might not be fair to anyone who didn't get them yet.

I just wished that doing one movie wouldn't also mean not doing the other - but most of the time it means exactly just that.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, pygospa said:

Yes, and to be quite honest, it's the same with me. I'm always happy when someone does something that I missed out on. Which is why I did not mention Her, or Matrix, or others where there's already another premium edition. I missed out on Her as well. It's just there are a couple of movies that have been done over and over again, so often that I think everybody who was interested in them must surely own one or the other copy of it. But at the end, of course it always depends on the individual, and just bitching about it, might not be fair to anyone who didn't get them yet.

I just wished that doing one movie wouldn't also mean not doing the other - but most of the time it means exactly just that.

No I get that and I think there are a lot of movies that deserve Premium treatment and it's annoying there always seem to be the same ones. I completely agree, I would just be glad for my own selfishness but can totally understand why it's annoying.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Trianna said:

No I get that and I think there are a lot of movies that deserve Premium treatment and it's annoying there always seem to be the same ones. I completely agree, I would just be glad for my own selfishness but can totally understand why it's annoying.

You selfish, God forbid you are the Purple Queen 👸 “Act like a Woman” (pun on one of my fav movies... did you get that @Trianna LOL 😂)! 😋

rupauls drag race illustration GIF by Jeromy Velasco

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Would love them to do the same thing for Grindhouse  (Planet Terror/Deathproof). Would like a Single Edition with both movies on it, and all the fake trailers as a bonus. Since they are starting to do Tarentino movies I’m sure they will do Death Proof at some point.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, pygospa said:

While to me these two movies feel totally different (and I have to confess I like Kill Bill 1 so much better than Kill Bill 2), when someone would put both of them in a Box designed for both movies, with a continuous, matching design (maybe something that Filmarena did with the Spiderman Homecoming, where you could put all Editions together for a continuous image), I would get that with out a second of thought. I am always a Fan of Boxsets, that contain things that belong together. Cannot tell you why that is, but yeah. That's me :D

I also voted for all of them, to be honest. I've talked about this already in the German thread, because I am not too happy about their lineup. Then again, I am me, and this is MantaLab, so who am I kidding. But I still have some reservations on these titles (rest I will be getting without a second thought):

• Pulp Fiction: I love that movie, but I'd own it 5 times then. I don't believe they can still add something to the release that we haven't seen anywhere else yet, so I am rather hesitant. Especially as it also came with three beautiful, never before seen artworks, including the promo picture where Samuel L. Jackson was accidentally not wearing his hair piece. What else could you imagine?
  • Kill Bill: Over the years I grew more fond of the first part of this movie than most of his other work - I'd say it even surpassed Pulp Fiction, so I am really in love with this. BUT again, I have 3 different editions of this movie, including the Nova Media One-Click Boxsets, that came with sneak leather structure, a lot of extra gimmiks (a Hatori Hanzo coster, a rubber snake, a "stop using inappropriate language Wagon" key tag) and three beautifull artworks that have never before been seen.
  • Drive: Once more, I wonder if this movie didn't already get more than enough limited edition releases. So many steelbooks that are considered holy grailes, the Mondo X Steelbook that is super rare, the Future Shop O-Card Amaray edition, Fullslips by Plain Archive, NovaMedia, KD-Media, the German One-Click Boxset with three different Mediabooks (one Padded). How many more do we need?

You have to also take into account that this hobby is growing pretty fast and there are a lot of new members. A lot of these editions especially the grails you spoke of or very expendable and unattainable for newer people. I think releasing popular movies is a good idea because theres always people that will buy them. If the price doesnt skyrocket after release due to there being a lot of versions, that's good. Cheaper premiums help get other people into the game. 

When I joined MP I was shocked at how "cheap" blufans releases were(and all retailers for that matter) because I had only ever seen them for over 100 on Ebay 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

If they are made they are all WEA Steelbook. But it is a big "IF" 😅

my thoughts exactly to the the letter, big IF this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

think this is more of a wish list bit like when FAC started with and then dropped loads when they started out for good few years.

i would love to be proved wrong but they are going to have to get approvals for all and will need to be spectacular to beat what is already out there for some.

i do need a matrix premium but its goona have to be all 3 films in one box or not at all for me, i'm not going to buy loose or oc for each film. like some are trying.

i do believe this is more about drumming up interest for manta than what they can actually produce, alot of people still heading zetas way and this is why they have 'announced this' to try prove they are more credible, time will tell if im right or not xD 

proof will be in the pudding as they say :D

basil B|

Edited by Basil
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

You have to also take into account that this hobby is growing pretty fast and there are a lot of new members. A lot of these editions especially the grails you spoke of or very expendable and unattainable for newer people. I think releasing popular movies is a good idea because theres always people that will buy them. If the price doesnt skyrocket after release due to there being a lot of versions, that's good. Cheaper premiums help get other people into the game. 

When I joined MP I was shocked at how "cheap" blufans releases were(and all retailers for that matter) because I had only ever seen them for over 100 on Ebay 

That's an interesting view of things, however (no offence) I cannot share it at all. While it may be true that there are new collectors entering the field, I don't feel like we are in general growing, but rather quite the opposite. Take, for instance, YouTubers, who in the past unboxed so many things. I know quite a few German YouTubers that I follow on a regular basis: Cinemanuel, Vorhees82, Zimmi, Godzillafan1990, Ralfs Unboxing, Michas Filmwelt, Julians Filmeversium, and many more. Now the thing that I realized following them, is that these guys slowed down collecting extremely. Two of them even stopped their YouTube channel altogether. The rest transitioned: Less buying, more streaming. These channels used to be in constant competition on who unboxes what first, they had daily videos on new Blu-ray editions, that they would present, it was actually even important to those guys to get the things as fast as possible (so some even had deals with some stores to get their things shipped first so that they would be able to unbox it, in exchange of naming their stores, etc.). Nowadays, there's hardly any unboxing going on anymore. They still want to do movie based YouTube channels (although two of them now starting a second channel that is more lifestyle concentrated), but what they do instead is, "what's new" (and then they sceencapture their monitor going through tabs of everything new to preorder), "what's on sale" (same thing but different topic), or these "follow me around" in the blu-ray department of Mediamarkt, Saturn, Müller, etc. of different cities. And half of what they present isn't even bought but sponsored gifts. And in Lifestreams these people often discuss that they used to get so many special editions, but what for, they only get dusty and today you can watch everything you want with Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+. Similar things you'll read more and more often on Facebook groups where certain editions get presented - I remember times when someone announced a new Mediabook in the "Mediabook Facebook Group" and everybody was like "wow, I'll get cover C". Nowadays, more often people say: "Well, it's an okey edition, but actually I don't need this movie as Mediabook".

Or another indicator is Filmarena. I remember times, when these editions where usually minimum 1000 copies and you couldn't get them. I knew Filmarena a year or two prior to my first Group buy. I always monitored them and wanted to get certain editions, but it was impossible. I didn't had a number (I applied for one but never got one), so I had to wait until they where open for everyone, and nearly all of the time I either missed that opportunity or it was already sold out long before. Right away, they where in eBay at 100€s and people actually even bought them for these prices! People didn't even used fixed prices but auctions. I participated in so many auctions that went so high that I jumped ship. Today? Just look at the Filmarena webpage: Their three newest titles you can still Pre-order, plus you could buy "Terminator 2", "Wind River", "Planet of the Apes", "F8", "Child 44", "Vaiana", "Creed", ... when I finally found Andres Groupbuy, you had really hoped that Filmarena would be doing more than 500 copies, because otherwise you'd probably missed out (I missed out on Ted, on Seventh Son, on Scorch Trials E1 because they where limited to just 500), today there is a large number of Filmarena releases that are just 500 copies, that you'll get without problem: "Hobbs and Shaw", "Rocketman", "Halloween", "Pet Sematary", "First Man", etc.

I guess there are even more indicators, that I just don't know, so this is where I already need to stop. But given these circumstances, given that my own brother, who was always ahead of me when it came to collecting, stopped collecting, given that so many people announce it openly that they nowadays rather watch Netflix then spend a lot of money on a collection where most of the films you only watch a couple of times, and given what I see regarding limitation numbers and how largely they are still available, I cannot share the thought that the hobby is growing. I feel it's rather the contrary.

Now, where you are absolutely right is that MediaPsychos is growing, in that you are absolutely right. But here, I'd ask you: Do you know any other place that is as good and has all the things to offer that you'll find at MediaPsychos? For instance, I know of two rather large jump in members due to the German bluray-disc forum's f-up, which included that people offering Group Buys where not supported and where sitting on invoices they couldn't send to users anymore, plus a massive loss of users due to that f-up they did, that weren't reachable anymore, either. Andre moved to this place, everyone followed (all other Groupbuys ceased to exist, afterwards). Or German company HD Filmportal - same thing. They used to do Filmarena Groupbuys as well, they closed it, all those customers transferred to MediaPsychos. That still means, that in general, the collecting community is getting smaller, but it's also concentrating from many different spots to just this one (the best of all): MediaPsychos.

But all in all, I am not so positive on the lookout regarding our hobby. More and more people are leaving, meaning more and more companies are also leaving, and this, also leads to more and more companies doing more and more of the same, because those are the titles that everybody will get. It's a sad thing, actually :(

Btw. I can of course only speak for Germany, I don't know how the situation is in other countries, I hope it's better, though :D

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Basil said:

my thoughts exactly to the the letter, big IF this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

think this is more of a wish list bit like when FAC started with and then dropped loads when they started out for good few years.

i would love to be proved wrong but they are going to have to get approvals for all and will need to be spectacular to beat what is already out there for some.

i do need a matrix premium but its goona have to be all 3 films in one box or not at all for me, i'm not going to buy loose or oc for each film. like some are trying.

i do believe this is more about drumming up interest for manta than what they can actually produce, alot of people still heading zetas way and this is why they have 'announced this' to try prove they are more credible, time will tell if im right or not xD 

proof will be in the pudding as they say :D

basil B|

IF they can make it and prove us wrong that would be...

giphy.gif

• Like 1