Response to Membership Tier

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
26 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

That's just my opinion of course  - and it's unlikely the existing MP top brass and hierarchy will agree to anything that threatens their hegemony. This is not to discount the wonderful work you guys are already doing (that is without question)...there is another issue about fairness that is the point here.

Rgds

Ehsan 

Im sure we will consider this in our next implementation of the Tiered Members .   I still believe that you have just as much a fair chance as any other Regular member to snatch a Platinum Membership.  

I definitely did not want you to feel bad or less worthy of a Platinum Membership , if that is the case then please accept my Apology .  

Being "an exisiting MP top brass" I can assure you that we are very interested in improving our system where we can and we accept criticism as well as praise equally.

Once again , very sorry you feel as if you are at a disadvantage .

Take care

John

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Hi @Ehsan ,

thanks for your thoughts and input.  

Not every Platinum member from last year will be able to support us again with Platinum this year (3 spots already come to mind) .  The Platinum Members must have always first choice IMO because they are the ones who support us FINANCIALLY more.  However, we have recognized that Gold members might want to upgrade as well as Regular Members might want to purchase Platinum.  That is the reason we have set aside a certain amount of slots for each "group" .  

When it is time for the Regular Members to choose there tier (if they want) there will be an xxx amount of Platinum ONLY avaialbe for the Regular Members (like yourself) .

Please try to remember we are trying to be fair to all Groups and I believe we are doing it this way the best. 

Take care

John

Hey @Ehsan

Reading this reply myself I believe  @Masterblaster and the team here has us new members in mind and once it’s our turn to choose a tier there will be an opportunity for us to be apart of whatever Membership we want to be apart of. They have a set number for existing members and they have a set number of all the available tiers for us new members as well. I maybe reading his words wrong but from my understanding us new members do have a chance to be Platinum members because the team set aside some spots for us.

Take Care

Edward

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

Hi John, thank you for your response.  But I fail to understand how the current system is fair. The Platinum members are able to support MP financially by virtue of their top tier membership. As regular member, I am willing to do the same - but it's a matter of being given a fair chance for top tier membership. Under the current system , theoretically speaking,  a 100% renewal / upgrade rate would imply very limited open slots for any regular members. 

As it stands,  the existing Platinum members will have sole ownership of top tier membership for as long as they like (given they have access to the first open window). The 3 open slots you mentioned are still far less than the would be potential interest from regular members! 

However which way you look it, the existing Platinum members seem to have a monopoly and are at a huge advantage,  and seems like regular members are being penalised for joining MP at a later time. Whilst I also admire and acknowledge the existing Platinum member support , I personally feel the top tier membership needs to he farmed out more fairly and rotated.

That's just my opinion of course  - and it's unlikely the existing MP top brass and hierarchy will agree to anything that threatens their hegemony. This is not to discount the wonderful work you guys are already doing (that is without question)...there is another issue about fairness that is the point here.

Rgds

Ehsan 

@Ehsan its was said a long while usually you had to have some form of tiered membership e.g. silver before you moved to gold or gold upto platinum.

what would you say to those that payed up last year in the hope of upgrading to platinum this year?

sorry but but if you want full fairness, i personally think that is the system that should stick earn you stripes and its just like brexit everyone has a view.

personally not interested in upgrading mine happy where i am, but john is making available some and yes not everyone will get one.

i didn't get a membership for a while either good 6 months if memory serves but guess what you either end up waiting a bit and prove you are committed that way.

cos if every member here had the chance of platinum most would be on it and then the site would goto the dogs. in one fall swope

i get where your coming from about fairness, still think the leg work to prove should exist and not just straight onto platinum but thats my view.

also one question i do bring up lets say you get platinum then next year mp turns around and says sorry we know you supported us but its a new members turn and your kicked out. How would you feel about that or would you be off on your toes?

i do suspect you would.

and the same would be said for the current membership imho that would be a big kick in the teeth for anyone

i think john has been more than fair imho.

in fact membership figures back up what i have said, dont see too many silvers do you?

plat 48

gold 60

silver 15

anyway said my bit

all the best

basil 👍

• Like 5

@Ehsan Hello,

59 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

The 3 open slots you mentioned are still far less than the would be potential interest from regular members!

He just said that there are three Platinum Members who wont go for a renewal. Not that there will be just three Slots for the rest. Even more so he said that there are reserved slots for every Group. How many there are i cannot say, but the team has our best interest👍😉

Abour Fairness: Those old Members helped built the forum when it wasn't as big as is it now. So they helped financially when we were not even here. There were even rules about how to go up to Platinum. So after they waited and helped you just want to kick them out because someone new decides that he wants to start collecting?! That seems even more wrong than the points you had. Furthermore the MP Team made the Number of Platinum Memberships higher than last year, so even a few new members have the chance to get one. Do not know how this is not fair.

One more thing: The Platinum Membership is only really interesting to support or for the Blufans GBs. You will not have any problem getting any HDzeta, Manta, KimchiDVD, Filmarena, etc. The only GB i didn't get what i wanted was Blufans Fantastic Beasts 2 Grindelwald and in that GB (most likely as there were just 25 slots) not even every Platnum got what they wanted.

Have a nice day,

Phil.

Edited by Phil.
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Ehsan its was said a long while usually you had to have some form of tiered membership e.g. silver before you moved to gold or gold upto platinum.

what would you say to those that payed up last year in the hope of upgrading to platinum this year?

sorry but but if you want full fairness, i personally think that is the system that should stick earn you stripes and its just like brexit everyone has a view.

personally not interested in upgrading mine happy where i am, but john is making available some and yes not everyone will get one.

i didn't get a membership for a while either good 6 months if memory serves but guess what you either end up waiting a bit and prove you are committed that way.

cos if every member here had the chance of platinum most would be on it and then the site would goto the dogs. in one fall swope

i get where your coming from about fairness, still think the leg work to prove should exist and not just straight onto platinum but thats my view.

also one question i do bring up lets say you get platinum then next year mp turns around and says sorry we know you supported us but its a new members turn and your kicked out. How would you feel about that or would you be off on your toes?

i do suspect you would.

and the same would be said for the current membership imho that would be a big kick in the teeth for anyone

in fact membership figures back up what i have said, dont see too many silvers do you?

plat 48

gold 60

silver 15

anyway said my bit

all the best

basil 👍

@Basil what's up!

I got my Lint-ticular membership right away...

giphy.gif

I expect I could get my tier membership the same way or else... remember I have many contacts (I am the American/German/French consigliere (you are aware aren't you?)...

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Basil what's up!

I got my Lint-ticular membership right away...

giphy.gif

I expect I could get my tier membership the same way or else... remember I have many contacts (I am the American/German/French consigliere (you are aware aren't you?)...

giphy.gif

@Veum m8 you been on the hard stuff again, its existing members platinum atm for 24hrs then gold 24hrs presuming silver 24hrs presuming then new members presuming

what on earth are you refering to lint is that the new higher than platinum xD

if so watch out they all want one xD

basil :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

i do suspect you would.

plat 48

gold 60

silver 15

anyway said my bit

all the best

basil 👍

I was going to say the same. There are people who have been waiting a year or more for platinum already, most very patiently. Whether they're gold/silver or a regular member. I also don't totally agree with the idea of saying swap everybody out a year on and a year off. It would be exactly what you described, super frustrating for those of us who have been with MP for awhile and working to get to Platinum and stay there. Also if we're being 100% honest, most people join MP and want to tier up without really ever contributing a ton at any point -- and some even flat out flake on GB obligations -- I'm guessing that's why deposits were created. Same members that kick a fuss when they can't get on a highly sought after GB last minute because Hamton Ducks Nargles or BR failed to come through for them and they end up over on MP since allocation is pretty good.

I see Platinum also as a reward for loyalty. I personally have been Gold first in 2017, upgraded to Platinum in 2018, and I'm continuing to re-up because I'm not doing GBs anywhere else. I don't have the patience and John, Dave, KS, and Nils have come through time and time again. With wonderful numbers (low #s), quick answers, and just all around awesomeness. The fact I got an Aquaman HDZ boxset even after the GB closed is still so great to me. I also was a moderator on MP for some months at a point and contributed a lot for a long while (both as a mod and regular member) until life got a bit hectic for me. I want to share this because not all of us are here hoarding Platinum for no reason. MP is the only place I get my premiums from and John and Chad (45Caliber) have helped build my collection a tremendous amount. I am very grateful to have this spot and grateful to have some premiums displayed from MP that I never would've had a chance at anywhere else (nor do I have patience for f5ing).

Just sharing this as insight for anyone who may be disgruntled by Platinum members renewing. I'm very appreciative of what MP does -- especially having been able to see behind the scenes -- and I show that gratitude by continuing to re-up. 

I do wish all of you the best of luck with getting Platinum to those who want it. Everybody misses emails so you may have more spots possibly freeing than one may think. Good luck! 💜

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:55 PM, deckard99 said:

Hey @Veum we’ve created a new tier just for you. It’s called “lint” 😜

17CA6BC2-5991-41A3-A52E-EF1880E9CB48.gif

8 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Veum m8 you been on the hard stuff again, its existing members platinum atm for 24hrs then gold 24hrs presuming silver 24hrs presuming then new members presuming

what on earth are you refering to lint is that the new higher than platinum xD

if so watch out they all want one xD

basil :)

Hey @Basil yeah I've been hitting it hard overnight and throughout the day today...

515973675_iceteaII.png.112edfeda5ca4e0ce3324c015b79f9d8.png

You do realize who you are talkin' too... may I again remind you...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm trying to hold them off... but it is getting hot in here...

giphy.gif

My contacts are getting tired of this same conversations  capisci

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 3

• ★ Administrators ★

For those of you who have purchased a Tiered Membership this year (either same, upgrade , downgrade and of course the new ones who will soon ) please visit our @goose_3387 to make sure your Sig Banner matches your now active Tier .  If you don't yet have a banner please speak to Goose about letting him make one for you . 

Goose Signature Banners and Tiered Banners

Take care 

John

• Like 1