IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

lastnightinsoho-03.jpg

This weekend I went to the cinema to see "Last night in Soho".

I liked it, and I had a great time, I like the way Edgar Wright makes movies.

It's a well done film, with very careful details, good actors, good staging, and an entertaining plot. Even aesthetically it's a film of a higher level than usual in this type of story.

Among the actors, I want to highlight Thomasin Mckenzie, stepping forward, and the always solemn and admirable presence of Terence Stamp.

Still, as with Baby Driver, although I like them, and I will always watch them, I always have the feeling that it lacks a point to be a great great movie. He has a very high average level, but he lacks a small push to be at the Champions League level.

But I don't mean to end with a negative message, not at all. I had a great time watching it. :) 

• Thanks 4

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

lastnightinsoho-03.jpg

It's a well done film, with very careful details, good actors, good staging, and an entertaining plot. Even aesthetically it's a film of a higher level than usual in this type of story.

Among the actors, I want to highlight Thomasin Mckenzie, stepping forward, and the always solemn and admirable presence of Terence Stamp.

Still, as with Baby Driver, although I like them, and I will always watch them, I always have the feeling that it lacks a point to be a great great movie. He has a very high average level, but he lacks a small push to be at the Champions League level.

But I don't mean to end with a negative message, not at all. I had a great time watching it. :) 

@Casiusco what is the plot about? 🧐 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Casiuscode que trata la trama? 🧐 

A young woman with a passion for fashion design who has mysteriously been able to enter the 1960s.

There she meets her idol, a dazzling singer who at the time is just an aspiring.

But, not everything is what it seems in 1960s London and horrible events will soon begin to unfold.

As soon as I can I will go to see her at the movies

And Blade Runner Black Lotus can also be seen on HBOmax, tonight I have chapter 3.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Noir21 said:

A young woman with a passion for fashion design who has mysteriously been able to enter the 1960s.

There she meets her idol, a dazzling singer who at the time is just an aspiring.

But, not everything is what it seems in 1960s London and horrible events will soon begin to unfold.

As soon as I can I will go to see her at the movies

And Blade Runner Black Lotus can also be seen on HBOmax, tonight I have chapter 3.

But, but is the movie any good? 🧐 😆 

Funny Face Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Veum said:

@Casiusco what is the plot about? 🧐 

@Veum I put it in a spoiler to avoid telling someone something they do not want to read.

Spoiler

A village girl fulfills her dream and gets admitted to a design academy in London. There she has to adapt to a new life, a very different city, another rhythm, and other types of people, including her new colleagues, who have neither her innocence nor her dreams. And as she struggles with her new situation, without looking for it, she finds a way to "connect" with the 60s, and with something that happened in London then. She sees it, and she wants to influence what happens; but at the same time, what happens begins to influence her.

PS: I don't think I have told you anything that spoils the movie for you, or so I have tried.

• Thanks 1

📺 watched this classy detective 🕵️♂️ /murder/mystery series on britbox

Shetland S6 EPS. 1-3 binge watched! :)

Shetland is back. The murder of a prominent local figure strikes at the heart of the Shetland community. As motives are uncovered, the investigation takes a sinister turn. New episode every Tuesday.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 6:06 AM, Casiusco said:

lastnightinsoho-03.jpg

This is on my want to watch list, it sounded pretty intriguing when I first heard about it. Glad you liked it.

• Like 3

RRLRCXBLDVAWTLD5TIBENMLK2Q.gif

I'm watching "Lost" again.

I'm finishing the 3rd season. Probably one of the best two or three seasons ever made on a TV show.

Watching the series now, knowing everything that is going to happen, has freed me from the "anxiety to know", and that has made it possible for me to realize many details that I had not noticed before.

Is awesome.

Absolutely.

To what extent they had almost everything -the most important things, facts, characters...- prepared long before. An immense -pharaonic- house of cards, where the narrative is intertwined in memorable characters who weave between them a complex web of events and influences, throughout a story as surprising as it's fascinating.

In fact, watching it now has made me realize how showrunners played -and sometimes still play- with us in their remarks. Even with our weaknesses.

How they know the doubts of the people, and played/play with them.

It seems to me an impressive series. Now people use to say about many series or movies "it changed everything", but "Lost" truly changed the industry, the way of distribution, and boosted the modern television narrative in a way that has influenced to this day.

Seeing it now means discovering how they were preparing everything from the beginning, with clear signs even in the pilot episode!!, how when it seems that nothing is happening... things are happening; and it seems more and more incredible that there are people who have come to think that they were dead from the beginning, or that it had all been an illusion.

That is not having seen the series, or not having understood anything.

No, it was not. And yes, everything that "happens" on the island, within its narration, its history, really "happens".

In short: I'm hallucinating and impressed with some things that I hadn't realized when I saw it years ago, maybe too conditioned by that anxiety to advance and know; and now I'm enjoying it like a pig in the mud.

The third season is a milestone in television history. It's clear to me that when Mr. Lindelof said that when you see it you can see his many mistakes, that today he would write it in another way for sure, he was once again making fun of those who didn't understand many things. More fuel to the fire. As in a certain chapter in which, knowing the false rumors that people were moving, they put them in the mouth of a character to add -still more- fuel to the fire.

The collection of impressive moments, situations and memorable anecdotes to comment on, and characters to be remembered, is great. Today with some of these so powered characters Netflix, Disney+ or Amazon Prime would have made a different series with each one separated; but they are all there, together, on an island, and they still don't know if they will be able to leave.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

coffee.gif 12/4 NEWSMAX

Silence Patton: First Victim of the Cold War

A new graphic-novel-style documentary film, Silence Patton: First Victim of the Cold War (released earlier this month) takes a deep look at the career, character and demise of General George S. Patton, the iconic and controversial four-star general from World War II. The 90-minute, graphic-novel-style documentary presents a depth of research based on the general's own diaries and focuses on ...

General George S. Patton: American Icon And The First Victim Of The Cold War

• Like 2

Hello Boys & Girls, it’s been a long time since I posted in here 😊

Just sat and watched Crawl.  I’ve been wanting to watch this one ever since I saw the bus shelter posters 2 years ago. 

image.thumb.jpeg.25eb873c4240542736164019b61087cb.jpeg

Right up my street and it didn’t disappoint. A little ridiculous, sure. Far fetched? Absolutely. But plenty of tension building moments and still made me jump even when I knew it was coming. What starts out as something on a par with The Shallows, slowly descends into Sharknado style madness. One spoiler for you, though I suspect you would all guess it…. Naturally the Dog survives. 😂👍🏼

Well worth a watch if your stuck for ideas, only have 90mins spare and enjoy a 15 rated Horror/Disaster flick.

Taking it for what it is, I’m giving it 3.5 out of 5. 

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 4

On 11/30/2021 at 3:04 AM, Casiusco said:

RRLRCXBLDVAWTLD5TIBENMLK2Q.gif

I'm watching "Lost" again.

I'm finishing the 3rd season. Probably one of the best two or three seasons ever made on a TV show.

Watching the series now, knowing everything that is going to happen, has freed me from the "anxiety to know", and that has made it possible for me to realize many details that I had not noticed before.

Is awesome.

Absolutely.

To what extent they had almost everything -the most important things, facts, characters...- prepared long before. An immense -pharaonic- house of cards, where the narrative is intertwined in memorable characters who weave between them a complex web of events and influences, throughout a story as surprising as it's fascinating.

In fact, watching it now has made me realize how showrunners played -and sometimes still play- with us in their remarks. Even with our weaknesses.

How they know the doubts of the people, and played/play with them.

It seems to me an impressive series. Now people use to say about many series or movies "it changed everything", but "Lost" truly changed the industry, the way of distribution, and boosted the modern television narrative in a way that has influenced to this day.

Seeing it now means discovering how they were preparing everything from the beginning, with clear signs even in the pilot episode!!, how when it seems that nothing is happening... things are happening; and it seems more and more incredible that there are people who have come to think that they were dead from the beginning, or that it had all been an illusion.

That is not having seen the series, or not having understood anything.

No, it was not. And yes, everything that "happens" on the island, within its narration, its history, really "happens".

In short: I'm hallucinating and impressed with some things that I hadn't realized when I saw it years ago, maybe too conditioned by that anxiety to advance and know; and now I'm enjoying it like a pig in the mud.

The third season is a milestone in television history. It's clear to me that when Mr. Lindelof said that when you see it you can see his many mistakes, that today he would write it in another way for sure, he was once again making fun of those who didn't understand many things. More fuel to the fire. As in a certain chapter in which, knowing the false rumors that people were moving, they put them in the mouth of a character to add -still more- fuel to the fire.

The collection of impressive moments, situations and memorable anecdotes to comment on, and characters to be remembered, is great. Today with some of these so powered characters Netflix, Disney+ or Amazon Prime would have made a different series with each one separated; but they are all there, together, on an island, and they still don't know if they will be able to leave.

I completely agree with this. A excellent series from start to finish. All characters are meaningfully connected in a spiderweb of mystery. I remember watching every episode live or catching it right after it aired on the dvr. It remains to this day my second favorite television series. Second only to the king, TWIN PEAKS. Lost is one of those shows where it’s nearly impossible to catch every connection the first time around. It is one of those rare shows that benefits from multiple viewings. It sticks with you. At least it stuck with me.  Most of my pets names come from the show. My Great Dane’s name is James Ford, my English Mastiff’s name is Rousseaux, & My Terrier/Gremlin mix is named Penny. If anyone has not watched this due to all the negativity surrounding the finale, I encourage them to give it a chance. It’s a ride worth taking. 

• Like 2