Basil

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🍿🤠🎬📽️🎞️🎥📺💽:)

252450_medium.jpg?t=1568072537

Dan McCormick is the sole survivor of a bus crash into hydro lines. Intrigued by Dan's apparent immunity to electricity, Dr. Lawrence asks Dan to visit him at his laboratory, where Lawrence's assistant, Dr. Rigas, is secretly conducting experiments to prove his theory that human life can be motivated and controlled by electricity. Rigas persuades Dan to submit to tests, where Dan absorbs increasingly powerful charges until he develops an amazing degree of immunity. Rigas does a final test of pouring a tremendous charge into Dan's body, and Dan becomes superhuman. He's also a robot that is controlled by Rigas. When Lawrence tries to stop the experiment, Rigas orders Dan to kill him. Rigas removes the electricity from Dan's body and he becomes a shrunken shell. Dan is sentenced to die in the electric chair, but in the death-chamber he absorbs three shocks which returns him to superhuman status...

• Like 3

On 9/7/2021 at 8:50 AM, Hecko said:

One of my favourites. It has been long time since watched this.                                                                                                                                                   only film i'll prob go watch at cinema this year is Spiderman unless gets delayed.

OIP3TQMGV5O.jpg

If my memory it's good there is no bluray release yet. I still have my DVD copy of it.. Great film.

Nvm there is German release of it. Gotta track it know.

Edited by cgbaxia
Found out
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 7:52 PM, cgbaxia said:

If my memory it's good there is no bluray release yet. I still have my DVD copy of it.. Great film.

Nvm there is German release of it. Gotta track it know.

The German release is actually pretty good. Better than the dvd at least but then the dvd was less than impressive in PQ/AQ anyway.

This film would sell quite well as a Premium I would suggest.

At least a Boutique label like Arrow, Second Sight, Crit, etc... should consider it. 🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

The German release is actually pretty good. Better than the dvd at least but then the dvd was less than impressive in PQ/AQ anyway.

This film would sell quite well as a Premium I would suggest.

At least a Boutique label like Arrow, Second Sight, Crit, etc... should consider it. 🥰

Just finished watching DIG.

@Grendel. Sorry for quoting you. I suck on my phone..

If you like conspiracy and history it's quite entertaining show. 

Edited by cgbaxia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Hey @cgbaxia: no worries Buddy, this show "Dig" actually looks pretty cool. 😀

Not sure if it warrants a series but as a film I think it could work.

Please keep us posted on your considerations for it.

Actually the show was good IMO bit like some many the ending would live you with a cliffhanger.

• Like 2

TheLittleThings2021.jpg?fit=680,381

I found it to be an entertaining movie that could have been better than it is. The script is very interesting, but not because of catching the bad guy or not, but because of the evolution of the characters and what burns inside; that stubbornness and loss of references, the unhealthy restlessness that no longer goes away, how that gets to eat up a person, his tranquility and sometimes also his soul.

But the director is not able to give the depth to that, he does not give it the necessary scope, and in the end the film is the narration of how the bad guy is caught or not caught, combined with some personal aspects of the characters.

There the film loses what is special about it, and becomes one more thriller; entertaining, yes, but one more, like many others.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Regal Cinemas Dune GIF by Regal

I was able to see this yesterday (my first cinema visits since January 2020) 😀. This was one of the most anticipated projects for me, since I'm such a huge Fan of the 84 movie. Thankfully I was even able to get a english showing (which is very rare here).

The movie looks great. Visuals and Design are very nice. The actors are great, even Timothée Chalamet was good as Paul, fitting for the boy he was supposed to be in this Part. It remains to be seen if he can deliver a performance necessary for the next one. The Score by Hans Zimmer was also good.

Overall there is nothing much to complain only that.... I have seen this movie already 🤣. I was a little shocked that so much was like it was in the 84 version. Sure they have changed several things, removed a little, added something and made the other stuff much longer (without really giving you more), but a lot of stuff was a Déjà-vu. And then it was already over and the regular viewer most likely thought "Wait a second, that can't be it" 😅, but it was, because this was Dune Part 1 (yeah that is the actual title they give you in the opening) so without the second part this movie is not complete in any way. Without the conclusion the movie on its own is not as impactful as it should be. I hope we will get Part 2 and don't have to wait that long for it, otherwise you would ask yourself "What was the point". This needs to be judged as the complete epic it should be.

I will give the movie 9 of 10 points for the moment and hope for Part 2 to arrive soon.

I also want to add that seeing the new version showed me again what a masterpiece the original is (even when many have much to complain about it). Besides the more modern effects I think that nothing was able to outdo the 84 version. Take for example the music, which was great but the score of the 84 had more impact and was more powerful, perfectly fitting everything.

I urge everyone who is a Sci-Fi Fan to go and see this, show support so that we get Part 2. It was so nice to finally see something other than a Superhero movie (and I like those 😅), we need more projects that give us something else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

🥤🍿🤠🎬📽️🎞️🎥📺💽:)

252450_medium.jpg?t=1568072537

The Black Cat (1941)

It appears the health of wealthy spinster Henrietta Winslow, who lives with her pet cats and mysterious servants, is failing. Her greedy relatives descend on the isolated mansion hoping to inherit a portion of her vast fortune. Joining them is Gil Smith, an enterprising real estate broker who hopes Henrietta will sell him the property and his comic sidekick, Mr. Penny, an idiosyncratic furniture dealer who sees a treasure trove of profitable antiques in the mansion. Henrietta's doctor surprises everyone by announcing that his patient has defied the medical predictions and is currently in remission, much to the disappointment of her gathered family. Not content to wait until nature eventually takes her course, someone expedites the process by murdering the old woman with a knitting needle...

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Thanks much for your synopsis on the new Dune film @extantsrevenge👍

A couple of points you've mentioned I'd like to address, if I may;

Since the story-line was expected to pay close adherence to the book, I'm actually in a way grateful that it bears similarity to the '84 film, as that one also paid due respect to Herbert's vision.

I'm not aware at which point this new one concludes Part1 but ideally it will be close to the conclusion of the first novel, before "Dune Messiah" kicks off as I anticipate the part 2 will capture that and then go into "Children of Dune" for the finale.

I too very much enjoyed the '84 film and knowing the difficulties Lynch faced bringing it to production, can appreciate what we received.

That said, I also very much enjoyed the multi-part television mini-series' that regardless of budget limitations such endeavours face, I think provided once more, an excellent adaptation of Herbert's vision and the sequel, "Children Of Dune" bridged "Messiah" betwixt the two, quite seamlessly.

I'm especially happy to hear that the acting provided in this new one proved up to the task, as some of the casting choices initially had me a bit concerned.

I'm very eager to see this new film and in a perfect world, there's already knife fights in the alley out back over which Premium House will get the initial rights to provide us an edition worthy of the scope this film's story deserves!

Cheers my friend, glad to hear it met your expectations (for the most part 😉)

🥳

• Like 3

I just finished watching the 90s TV show Tekwar by William Shatter. The shows consistof 22 episode divided in 2 seasons  like many other shows of the era. 1st is 4 self episodes , more like a movie. Tekjustice it's my favorite this is what is called "season" 1 . The 2nd season is the show itself is a classic cyberpunk shows. A bit cheesy but fun. If anyone may be interested watch the movie just to get an idea of it. The 2nd season it's better. I did buy the show since I'm sucker for cyberpunk tv.

Also it's on YouTube all the 22 episodes..

Edited by cgbaxia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Veum said:

I’ve got 8 NCAA college 🏈 games going on my DVR today, what’s happening 🤪

Boise State at Utah State      2-1

Bowling Green at Minnesota 20-30

Missouri at Boston College 100-20

New Hampshire at Pitt  10-5

12 Notre Dame vs. 18 Wisconsin (in Chicago, IL) 15-20

Ohio at Northwestern 20-10

Illinois at Purdue 30-40

Indiana at WKU  40-10

@Veum dont look if you dont want the results xD 

basil :D

• Haha 2

I decided a few nights ago to round out the Gene Hackman oeuvre. But I knew I’d have to wait until I was back home in November. Fast forward to this bike hostel at a Baptist church in Kentucky where they had a tv and a roku. Logged in and No Way Out popped up. It was a bit silly though still entertaining. Outrageous 80’s synth stress music, outrageous 80’s hair with Sean Young, and a twist just thrown in for fun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1