• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched 🎃 👻

image.jpeg.350d46710dfaad4b313c359d988664fb.jpeg

dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

A enjoyable “b” horror film with Tom Selleck starting out with this “groovy” 70’s music vibe as he drives a “cool” red convertible. He is James Robertson an American curator for a museum in Manila with his wife. He stops in a antiques store and ends up buying a painting that has three women and a dog being burned at the stake during the conquistadors in 1592. The woman in the middle looks just like his wife.Supernatural happenings start the minute he shows his wife the painting, then…

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Watched 🎃 👻

image.jpeg.3731dd640a3fa5951a5639c0b9d9fdfa.jpeg

Halloween (2018) credits start out with the beautiful/perfect original Halloween (1978) musical theme and moves on to Michael being in a prison for the criminally insane going on 40 years. Michael is being transported from that prison to a maximum-security prison where the bus is wrecked and Michael starts on his murderous rampage through the iconic town again of Haddonfield. Laurie Strode has been waiting for this day to finally end Michael’s terror reign as she has prepared her house to the teeth with all kinds of security measures. She finally meets up with the “monster” and…

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

Watched 🎃 👻

image.jpeg.7047537c79a643d7633688664225efae.jpeg

Michael has escaped and is headed to Haddonfield on the anniversary of his sister’s murder October 31st & once he gets there he leaves a trail of horrifying mayhem. He is on the hunt for Laurie who has been admitted to the local hospital, once there you know it will be a terrifying avalanche of horror…

• Like 5

I just watched the new "The Batman" trailer.

It appears to have good promise, as it provides an otherworldly yet grounded look to both Gotham and the inhabitants.

Not too thrilled with Bats being bullet-proof, as it seems to diminish the risks he takes confronting baddies.

Catwoman looks quite appealing. I just hope they don't go the whole "strong, empowered, female, character" route that denigrates and derides Bats for being a "Man".

If they leap over that cesspool without stumbling, I'll be happy.

I had to do a double-take on Oswald Cobblepot, as I couldn't believe that was actually Colin Farrell. Amazing!

Pattinson as Bats, I think looks okay but as Bruce? Nope. he looks like some anxiety laden emo teen that just got grounded by his Mom for using all her eye liner.

I realize this is supposedly early Bats and is meant to shine awareness on his detective skills, really hope they lean into that and he'll need it going against someone as complex as The Riddler, who is NOT a 2nd rate Joker but a mad genius (get Schumacher's version outta yer head when watching this).

Serkis as Alfred I'm very fine with, as I could watch Andy read the phone book for an hour.

All in, I think the trailer looks promising but it's still early going. We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

I've never had an issue with The Bats universe being "dark and edgy" as I find it appropriate to the character.

What I very much disliked about the Snyder films, was that EVERYONE was dark and edgy, even the "Big Blue Boy Scout".

I cared nothing for any members of the JL nor whether they won or lost the conflict.

The 1st two Nolan fliks for Bats I enjoyed (except for the fact Bats gargled with drano) but #3 went so off the logic rails I was thinking fondly of the Kilmer version...

Anyway, nice to see fresh minds trying something again.

The comic industry is in such decline with pathetically written story-lines, that the films are actually improving on affairs.

Of course, ymmv (a lot!)  😉

• Like 2

📺DVR PBS

BAPTISTE

image.jpeg.ace163c8467e5944e8297ded985c8921.jpeg

S2 Ep.1 Julien Baptiste travels to Hungary to help the British Ambassador, Emma Chambers, find her missing family. When a body is found, the pressure is on to save Emma’s two sons. 

GRANTCHESTER

image.jpeg.5230197e04e636a7f8432e8b89e9ba84.jpeg

S6 Ep.2 Will and Geordie negotiate a complex family dispute that may have something to do with the murder of the head of a local adoption agency; a sinister letter arrives for Leonard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

📺 enjoying/watching this season of Law & Order: Organized Crime :)

Definitely my ‘cup of tea’ ️ 

Created by Ilene Chaiken, Warren Leight, Julie Martin, Matt Olmstead, stop using inappropriate language Wolf. With Christopher Meloni, Danielle Moné Truitt, Ainsley Seiger, Nicky Torchia. Elliot Stabler returns to the NYPD to battle organized crime after a devastating personal loss.

• Like 2

Well been long gone for a few weeks. Bit I'm back again..

Just finished the show..

Blu-ray version from Mill Creek even though doesn't have any extras it does has.moat of the music..

Also the 80s twilight zone. Some great episodes, especially on the 1st season.

Also next week I'm getting the Hulk the TV series on blu-ray..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

Hi Mike ..

you can watch it for free on the Adult Swim website ...  Watch Blade Runner: Black Lotus on Adult Swim

Ade thank you! 😊

when I’m ready to watch I’ll have my wife screen mirror it to our 📺 from her android! :)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Veum said:

Ade thank you! 😊

when I’m ready to watch I’ll have my wife screen mirror it to our 📺 from her android! :)

We could not get it to screen mirror, so had to watch the 1st episode on my iPad (not liking watching  much off my iPad though) 😏

thought the 1st episode was a little slow, will have to see if it picks up for me in the 2nd sometime! ;)

• Like 2