IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

🥤🍿🤠🎬📽️🎞️🎥📺💽:)

Trilogy of Terror (TV) (1975) 

Three tales: In "Julie," an aggressive college student seduces and ultimately blackmails his seemingly shy English professor. In "Millicent and Therese," two polar-opposite sisters become increasingly hellbent on the undoing of one another. And in "Amelia," a woman falls prey to a murderous Zuni fetish doll.

• Like 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🍿🤠🎬📽️🎞️🎥📺💽:)

The Orphanage (Blu-ray)

Laura spent the happiest years of her childhood growing up in an orphanage by the seaside, 
cared for by the staff and fellow orphans whom she loved as brothers and sisters. Now, 
thirty years later, she returns with her husband Carlos and Simon, their 7-year-old son, with 
a dream of restoring and reopening the long-abandoned orphanage as a home for disabled 
children. The new home and mysterious surroundings awaken Simon's imagination and the 
boy starts to spin a web of fantastic tales and not-so-innocent games... 

• Like 2

Been watching some foreign films lately. Decided to watch drug war loved it and then preordered from plain archive. I watched audition as well but as much as people talk about that one its overrated in my opinion, it's good but it's not great and I cant help but compare it to hard candy which is underrated and I think a better film even though the themes are differnt they're still similar in alot of ways. 

• Like 2

Awards

The Korean version of Drug War, Believer, is not too shabby either @Ryan.

I think I still lean towards To's version but very much enjoyed both.

Glad to see ya ordered the PA of DW (as did I).

PA got hammered by the whole virus issue and I'm very pleased to see them back in operation.

p.s. I also agree with your assessment of "Audition". Didn't really impress me.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Grendel 

Yea plainarchive has alot of good releases I'm still mad I missed out on the handmaiden, the wrestler, and 

I Tonya. But it's great to see them still doing releases. I didnt know believer was a different version🤔 I saw it for preorder and thought about checking it out but I will prolly skip it because I dont see how it would beat drug war, besides I prefer originals most of the time anyways.

• Like 2

Awards

Hi @Ryan🙂

Dang, sorry to hear ya missed out on "I Tonya", it stuck around a long time.  😟

"Believer" has sufficient unique story beats to separate it from Drug War, so you may be pleasantly surprised.

I believe you can probably still snag the WellGo ed off Amazon, if you'd like to view a cheaper edition to check it out.

As for PA, Not sure if you picked up "A Most Wanted Man" but it's excellent if ya like spy caper fliks.

And "Logan Lucky" is pretty funny and worth a buy, imho.

Both are still available. 😀

• Like 3

@Grendel

Yea I missed it because I hadn't seen it so I never picked it up.😥 

I do plan on seeing a most wanted man because I think PSH is an amazing actor and I  love his work. 

Unfortunately I got into film pretty late as well as MP so I've missed alot so I've been playing catch up to all the cinema gold I've missed😁

• Like 2

Awards

45 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Ryan🙂

Dang, sorry to hear ya missed out on "I Tonya", it stuck around a long time.  😟

"Believer" has sufficient unique story beats to separate it from Drug War, so you may be pleasantly surprised.

I believe you can probably still snag the WellGo ed off Amazon, if you'd like to view a cheaper edition to check it out.

As for PA, Not sure if you picked up "A Most Wanted Man" but it's excellent if ya like spy caper fliks.

And "Logan Lucky" is pretty funny and worth a buy, imho.

Both are still available. 😀

36 minutes ago, Ryan said:

@Grendel

Yea I missed it because I hadn't seen it so I never picked it up.😥 

I do plan on seeing a most wanted man because I think PSH is an amazing actor and I  love his work. 

Unfortunately I got into film pretty late as well as MP so I've missed alot so I've been playing catch up to all the cinema gold I've missed😁

@Ryan I definitely second @Grendel w/A Most Wanted Man as it is a fantastic flik… 

I have this beauty:

A Most Wanted Man Blu-ray

South Korea

Plain Archive Exclusive SteelBook / PA019 / One-Click Box / Triple PackPlain | 2014 | 3 Movies | 122 min | Rated KMRB: 18+ | Aug 29, 2018

A Most Wanted Man (Blu-ray)

36 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Veum; I actually quite enjoyed "The First Power".

It had just enough unique elements to differentiate it from the other possession/slasher fliks.

Phillips was a good actor too.

He did well with the whole gang in "Young Guns". 😀

Yeah @Grendel The First Power is one of my fav supernatural capers, enjoy it quite a lot…

I’m super shocked 😳 at these insane prices on AMZ, take a look (I bought from KINO in 2017 on sale… probably $15 then! 🙌)

Price
List price: $29.95
New from: $133.99
Used from: $99.99
Buy new from Amazon marketplace

• Like 4

Yikes, that's a bit nuts, price wise @Veum but I'm not overly surprised.

Amazon's pricing computer goes a bit wacky once in a while and takes secondary market prices into consideration sometimes, then it goes nuts.

I bought the (UK) 88 Films edition some time ago, can't possibly recall what I paid but it was no more than 30 bucks, I'm confident.  😉

• Like 1

@Grendel

Yes I do have the master and what an excellent movie and edition. I think my faves for him has to be, before the devil knows your dead and doubt. I think all I have left is capote and a most wanted man. By the way I'm watching I saw the devil right now, what's your opinion on that one? 

And thanks! @Veum I do plan on seeing it and if I like I will definitely get it from PA. By the way all these films I'm watching on tubi it's a completely free app with tons of foreign gems.😁

• Like 2

Awards