IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Now that you’ve said that, I would go back and rewatch the first one if I get to the new one. I watched and really liked the first one but it’s been a long, long time ago.  Mid 90s I think.

This is me insiting dare I say encouraging you go back watch the first one and then go buy the second one.

Do It Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island do it yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

• Like 3

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nadam said:

Truly amazing work of art! A rich storyline with deep characters within a truly horrifying situation.

Korean cinema continues to impress me with all of their TV shows and films.

spacer.png

Fantastic film. If you have not already seen it I reccomend Seoul station which is a prequel. It's animated but if you don't mind that it's a good watch. Then there's Peninsula the third film in the overall franchise. Worth a watch as well.

• Like 2

We had the film on vhs many years ago and it was one of my mom's favorite films at the time. Let a neighbor hold it and we never got it back. I was able to get it on 4k with a steelbook that also came with Hard Target 2 (haven't watched that one yet). Put it on the big screen for her cranked up the surround sound and she was blown away......literally had to go retrieve her out of the neighbors house lol. All jokes aside though nice action flick with Van Damme. We were huge Van Damme fans back in the day. Anything with his name on it was an automatic trip to the movies or movie rental from west coast video. 

sxpra.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Veum said:

I’m on the hunt for some good flics to watch today that I have not seen as of yet (gets very hard to find some sometimes)… recommendations? 🧐 📺 📀

Ok, you seem to be one of the people on this site who appreciate the older flicks like I often do.  Warning: picture quality is less than ideal on a couple of these, the first in particular.

The Big Combo:  Detective is obsessed with gangster, in love with the gangster’s girl.  The gangster is played by Richard Conte, Barzini from The Godfather.  Lots of great hard boiled dialogue (“you’ve broken the laws of god and man; I’m taking you in for the second one.”).  Cast is great all around, Lee Van Cleef and Brian Donlevy in small roles.  Free on Prime, probably others.

Detour:  early, pre-Hayes Code noir.  Meanest, nastiest woman I’ve ever seen in this kind of movie.  Lots of fun, free on multiple services.

Gun Crazy:  pic looks pretty good on this one.  Has been remastered, probably because Scorsese got it a lot of attention.  Kid loves guns but doesn’t want to harm anyone; just loves guns.  As an adult, falls in with folks who admire his skills and don’t mind harming people.  Poor guy.

Anyway, had older movies on my mind for some reason. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeadFarmer said:

We had the film on vhs many years ago and it was one of my mom's favorite films at the time. Let a neighbor hold it and we never got it back. I was able to get it on 4k with a steelbook that also came with Hard Target 2 (haven't watched that one yet). Put it on the big screen for her cranked up the surround sound and she was blown away......literally had to go retrieve her out of the neighbors house lol. All jokes aside though nice action flick with Van Damme. We were huge Van Damme fans back in the day. Anything with his name on it was an automatic trip to the movies or movie rental from west coast video. 

sxpra.jpg

I had never seen this one until picking up the Kino 4K. I love almost anything set in New Orleans and they use the location well.  Surprised this wasn’t one of the more popular Van Damme movies back in the day, it’s a lot of fun.  Chance Boudreaux is a freaking classic name.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Ok, you seem to be one of the people on this site who appreciate the older flicks like I often do.  Warning: picture quality is less than ideal on a couple of these, the first in particular.

The Big Combo:  Detective is obsessed with gangster, in love with the gangster’s girl.  The gangster is played by Richard Conte, Barzini from The Godfather.  Lots of great hard boiled dialogue (“you’ve broken the laws of god and man; I’m taking you in for the second one.”).  Cast is great all around, Lee Van Cleef and Brian Donlevy in small roles.  Free on Prime, probably others.

Detour:  early, pre-Hayes Code noir.  Meanest, nastiest woman I’ve ever seen in this kind of movie.  Lots of fun, free on multiple services.

Gun Crazy:  pic looks pretty good on this one.  Has been remastered, probably because Scorsese got it a lot of attention.  Kid loves guns but doesn’t want to harm anyone; just loves guns.  As an adult, falls in with folks who admire his skills and don’t mind harming people.  Poor guy.

Anyway, had older movies on my mind for some reason. 

Thanks so much they “might” be “right up my alley” @Heywoodmoutaw as I see I can watch on my Prime Video both The Big Combo, Detour and I have Gun Crazy on blu! 🙌

Paramount Network Want GIF by Yellowstone

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I had never seen this one until picking up the Kino 4K. I love almost anything set in New Orleans and they use the location well.  Surprised this wasn’t one of the more popular Van Damme movies back in the day, it’s a lot of fun.  Chance Boudreaux is a freaking classic name.

Bro I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered why this was not one of his bigger hits. I mean good cast plenty of action great music. It has everything people were looking for in films back in the early 90s and yet this one gets slept on by so many. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Veum said:

I’m on the hunt for some good flics to watch today that I have not seen as of yet (gets very hard to find some sometimes)… recommendations? 🧐 📺 📀

The Relic:is a 1997 American monster-horror film directed by Peter Hyams and based on the best-selling 1995 novel Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The film stars Penelope Ann Miller, Tom Sizemore, Linda Hunt, and James Whitmore. In the film, a detective and a biologist try to defeat a South American lizard-like monster which is on a killing spree in the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago.

Mimic:is a 1997 American science fiction horror film directed by Guillermo del Toro, written by del Toro and Matthew Robbins based on Donald A. Wollheim's short story of the same name, and starring Mira Sorvino, Jeremy Northam, Josh Brolin, Charles S. Dutton, Giancarlo Giannini and F. Murray Abraham. Think creatures in the sewer snatching people up.

Lifeforce:a 1985 science fiction horror film directed by Tobe Hooper, adapted by Dan O'Bannon and Don Jakoby, and starring Steve Railsback, Peter Firth, Frank Finlay, Mathilda May, and Patrick Stewart. Based on Colin Wilson's 1976 novel The Space Vampires, the film portrays the events that unfold after a trio of humanoids in a state of suspended animation are brought to Earth after being discovered in the hold of an alien space ship by the crew of a European Space Shuttle.

You've probably seen all of these but still good movies to revisit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Bro I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered why this was not one of his bigger hits. I mean good cast plenty of action great music. It has everything people were looking for in films back in the early 90s and yet this one gets slept on by so many. 

Anti-mullet prejudice.  I really do think part of it was that people thought he looked ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

The Relic:is a 1997 American monster-horror film directed by Peter Hyams and based on the best-selling 1995 novel Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The film stars Penelope Ann Miller, Tom Sizemore, Linda Hunt, and James Whitmore. In the film, a detective and a biologist try to defeat a South American lizard-like monster which is on a killing spree in the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago.

Mimic:is a 1997 American science fiction horror film directed by Guillermo del Toro, written by del Toro and Matthew Robbins based on Donald A. Wollheim's short story of the same name, and starring Mira Sorvino, Jeremy Northam, Josh Brolin, Charles S. Dutton, Giancarlo Giannini and F. Murray Abraham. Think creatures in the sewer snatching people up.

Lifeforce:a 1985 science fiction horror film directed by Tobe Hooper, adapted by Dan O'Bannon and Don Jakoby, and starring Steve Railsback, Peter Firth, Frank Finlay, Mathilda May, and Patrick Stewart. Based on Colin Wilson's 1976 novel The Space Vampires, the film portrays the events that unfold after a trio of humanoids in a state of suspended animation are brought to Earth after being discovered in the hold of an alien space ship by the crew of a European Space Shuttle.

You've probably seen all of these but still good movies to revisit.

Thanks @LeadFarmer, if I’ve seen any of these I do not remember them at all, also none of these are available on my Prime Video nor my local library and not in the mood to blind-buy?! any of these, so I’m still looking! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Veum said:

Thanks @LeadFarmer, if I’ve seen any of these I do not remember them at all, also none of these are available on my Prime Video nor my local library and not in the mood to blind-buy?! any of these, so I’m still looking! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Ahh prime gotcha well there were a few series on there that I began watching again which I used to watch all the time back in the 90s on regular television. These are older shows so they may seem cheesy compared to today's standards (which aren't much lol).

Space Precinct 2040

Earth Final Coflict

Space Rangers

Ultraviolet 

I also just watched mortal engines on there earlier in the week. Pretty decent movie about big mobile cities. Takes place in the future. Hugo Weaving aka agent Smith is in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Veum said:

Thanks so much they “might” be “right up my alley” @Heywoodmoutaw as I see I can watch on my Prime Video both The Big Combo, Detour and I have Gun Crazy on blu! 🙌

Paramount Network Want GIF by Yellowstone

The Big Combo had too bad of PQ, so watched Detour and meh 😒 not for me but I report anywho 😂 😆 😝 

graphics text GIF

Detour (1945) ️ 

See here this guy gets the bum rap from his own doing and meets up with a swindling dame, then…

image.jpeg.a46b6479004dea64faf8556efe81e007.jpeg

*Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania ️ 1/2

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 4K (Blu-ray)

Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne, along with Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, explore the Quantum Realm, where they interact with strange creatures and embark on an adventure that goes beyond the limits of what they thought was possible.

Fantastical, weird but still enjoy the characters! 🙄

Edited by Veum
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Veum said:

The Big Combo had too bad of PQ, so watched Detour and meh 😒 not for me but I report anywho 😂 😆 😝 

graphics text GIF

Detour (1945) ️ 

See here this guy gets the bum rap from his own doing and meets up with a swindling dame, then…

image.jpeg.a46b6479004dea64faf8556efe81e007.jpeg

Man I’m sorry, feel bad for letting you down.

I’m watching His Girl Friday now.  Zavvi has the upcoming Columbia Classics significantly cheaper than everyone else.  Has His Girl Friday, Punch Drunk Love, Starman, Kramer vs Kramer and a couple of others.  The price now has me tempted but mostly I got inspired to watch His Girl Friday again for what must be the 5th or 6th time in my life.

• Like 5

Sci-Fi Movie GIF

Had the pleasure of watching David Lynch's Dune in theaters last night. Wasn't a real busy showing, but it was cool seeing this with other fans. Hearing Toto's epic score blasting, and seeing all the wonderful production design and costumes on the big screen was a treat. Freddie Francis' cinematography is beautiful.

The HD DVD was a blind-buy for me back in the mid-2000's. It put me to sleep every time I tried to watch it, but I kept coming back to it for some reason. Now, I've come to appreciate it, and it's one of those movies where I notice something new every time I see it. 

It's too bad Lynch wasn't given the creative control he needed to round out the story, the narrative falls apart about three-quarters through (IMHO). This theatrical experience gave me some fresh hype to revisit Villeneuve's version prior to Part 2 in a couple weeks.

Dune-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-Subway-2-Sheet-45x59.thumb.jpg.35cec32bf4ede4809a3851ce3c2c2f23.jpg

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★
13 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Sci-Fi Movie GIF

Had the pleasure of watching David Lynch's Dune in theaters last night. Wasn't a real busy showing, but it was cool seeing this with other fans. Hearing Toto's epic score blasting, and seeing all the wonderful production design and costumes on the big screen was a treat. Freddie Francis' cinematography is beautiful.

The HD DVD was a blind-buy for me back in the mid-2000's. It put me to sleep every time I tried to watch it, but I kept coming back to it for some reason. Now, I've come to appreciate it, and it's one of those movies where I notice something new every time I see it. 

It's too bad Lynch wasn't given the creative control he needed to round out the story, the narrative falls apart about three-quarters through (IMHO). This theatrical experience gave me some fresh hype to revisit Villeneuve's version prior to Part 2 in a couple weeks.

Dune-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-Subway-2-Sheet-45x59.thumb.jpg.35cec32bf4ede4809a3851ce3c2c2f23.jpg

I've always loved Lynch's Dune, even with it's flaws. I have the new Viavision blu-ray on pre-order since it includes the extended TV cut which isn't on the Arrow 4k release. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1