extantsrevenge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening @LeGonze🙂

The item above is the second movie produced in relation to the television series My Hero Academia which has completed 3 Seasons of episodes.

The first film "Two Heroes" was provided as an off-story to better develop some of the characters. This film does so as well.

As I personally have not yet seen this film I cannot provide you estimation of the quality however, it may prove difficult for you to grasp who's who in the zoo if you watch this in isolation.

Are you at all familiar with the series?

If so, you should be fine. If not, it may be best to shelve this until you are, sorry. 🙂

Oh another note, I appreciate seeing you take interest in anime titles, as there is a wealth of entertainment to be had, regardless of which genres you prefer.

A cruise through this and some of our related Threads here may spark your interest.  😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @LeGonze🙂

The item above is the second movie produced in relation to the television series My Hero Academia which has completed 3 Seasons of episodes.

The first film "Two Heroes" was provided as an off-story to better develop some of the characters. This film does so as well.

As I personally have not yet seen this film I cannot provide you estimation of the quality however, it may prove difficult for you to grasp who's who in the zoo if you watch this in isolation.

Are you at all familiar with the series?

If so, you should be fine. If not, it may be best to shelve this until you are, sorry. 🙂

Oh another note, I appreciate seeing you take interest in anime titles, as there is a wealth of entertainment to be had, regardless of which genres you prefer.

A cruise through this and some of our related Threads here may spark your interest.  😀

Oh thanks Brother @Grendel!!!

Yeah, I do like Anime, but I’ve just seen te most “Basic/80s, 90s Classic” stuff... Right now I’ve been watching Naruto and I had to subsrcribe to Crunchyroll yo finish it... Haha... And there are a lot of “New” Anime that looks really good... My Hero Academia is one of them... Bit haven’t seen it... But I will soon... And Like you say I will see it before this movie then... 

Thanks again brother!! :D;)

By the way... Have you seen this series?? Is it good?? :P

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 2

Hi @LeGonze ;

Indeed I have watched MHA, all of it. I then send the Blus to my girls.

As far as action Shonen goes, it's assuredly one of the best to come along since the days of the Big 3 (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece).

Some would say it rivals Attack On Titan in that regard but I personally think the two shows are distinct enough that comparison is irrelevant.

They are both the best there currently is for their respective arcs, I'd suggest. 🤩

I think since you mentioned your affection for Naruto, this whole series would be an excellent buy, or at least a watch, by you.

Other recent shows I think you would therefore enjoy include;

- Fire Force

- Demon Slayer

- Black Clover (if you can get past Asta's incessant screaming in the first few episodes)

- SSS Gridman (mechs vs Kaiju)

- probably others

As for older series of similar themes and style, the list(s) are long and we can approach them more on an inquiry basis.

Cheers buddy.

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Grendel said:

- Fire Force

- Demon Slayer

- Black Clover (if you can get past Asta's incessant screaming in the first few episodes)

Oh Great man!!! Thanks!! So I will definitely watch these series... I think I’ve seen the first 3 in Crunchyroll... Not sure about the last one...

Thanks again Brother!! Youdabest!! :D;)

By the way... Do we have a “Two Heroes” SB Release?? My OCD is kicking in... xD

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze ;

Indeed I have watched MHA, all of it. I then send the Blus to my girls.

As far as action Shonen goes, it's assuredly one of the best to come along since the days of the Big 3 (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece).

Some would say it rivals Attack On Titan in that regard but I personally think the two shows are distinct enough that comparison is irrelevant.

They are both the best there currently is for their respective arcs, I'd suggest. 🤩

I think since you mentioned your affection for Naruto, this whole series would be an excellent buy, or at least a watch, by you.

- Fire Force

- Demon Slayer

- probably others

As for older series of similar themes and style, the list(s) are long and we can approach them more on an inquiry basis.

Cheers buddy.

SSS Gridman Just leapt out at me here! Will be on the lookout for this one 😁👍🏼

Cheers @Grendel 🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon @LeGonze , @Pbsw23 and other friends; 🙂

Both shows mentioned above, Promare and SSSS Gridman are excellent and I consider worthy purchases.

Promare is by the same Director as Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagann, Hiroyuki Imaishi of Studio Trigger and therefore I'd suggest came from good hands.

It's art style is pretty wild but considered one of its' charms and there's no lack of action throughout.

Its' OST is by Hiroyuki Sawano considered one of the best composers in the industry who has provided the OSTs for Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill and a host of other shows.

SSSS Gridman is a wonderful fun and nostalgic romp that has instilled fresh blood into the Mechs vs Kaiju genre and done so with a grand design.

Think "Pacific Rim" but on a broader scale (and more likeable characters 🙂) with far more convoluted plots at play.

Directed by Akira Amemiya, it has developed a strong following and for good reason, the show is excellent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello again @Pbsw23🙂

Promare received a variety of releases (it's that good) on both sides of the Atlantic and from a UK perspective, you could order either the Steel, the Spec Ed or the mundane Amaray from Amz.uk buddy or from Amz.USA

Steel Link; Amazon USA

https://www.amazon.com/Promare-Limited-Steelbook-Blu-ray-Johnny/dp/B086PN2JK2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=promare&qid=1599171351&s=movies-tv&sr=1-2

Spec Ed Link: Amz.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Promare-Collectors-Combi-Blu-ray-CD/dp/B084DG26J5/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=promare&qid=1599170914&s=dvd&sr=1-1

Spec Ed link: Amazon USA

https://www.amazon.com/Promare-Collectors-Blu-ray-Johnny-Bosch/dp/B088T2D9MJ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=promare&qid=1599171419&s=movies-tv&sr=1-3

Note; price has risen since initial release,  😕

You may be able to get Masterblaster to order the USA eds for you.

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 3

No worries @LeGonze🙂

It's been a very long time since I've seen Paranoia Agent ( back in the mid 2000's I guess) but it is an excellent show that's quite dark and foreboding in theme.

Directed by Satoshi Kon, who gave us such esteemed classics as "Perfect Blue", "Millenium Actress" and "Tokyo Godfathers", it is at times gruesome but not without purpose.

Quite the buzz has developed in the Anime community about this re-release and I would recommend it if you have interest in shows with a much darker theme than some of the light-hearted Shonen we've so far discussed. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Grendel said:

No worries @LeGonze🙂

It's been a very long time since I've seen Paranoia Agent ( back in the mid 2000's I guess) but it is an excellent show that's quite dark and foreboding in theme.

Directed by Satoshi Kon, who gave us such esteemed classics as "Perfect Blue", "Millenium Actress" and "Tokyo Godfathers", it is at times gruesome but not without purpose.

Quite the buzz has developed in the Anime community about this re-release and I would recommend it if you have interest in shows with a much darker theme than some of the light-hearted Shonen we've so far discussed. 🙂

Oh thanks man...

I might check it out before buying it... 

Thanks a lot Brother!!... Youdabest!!...  ;)

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@LeGonze I have not seen Promare, I'm not a Fan of that Director having dropped both Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagann 😅, don't like these kind odf Animation and hyper active anime.

As for Paranoia Agent, it is awesome. Satoshi Kon was such a talented creator, so sad he died early. You can't go wrong with any of his work.

see satoshi kon GIF

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@LeGonze I have not seen Promare, I'm not a Fan of that Director having dropped both Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagann 😅, don't like these kind odf Animation and hyper active anime.

As for Paranoia Agent, it is awesome. Satoshi Kon was such a talented creator, so sad he died early. You can't go wrong with any of his work.

see satoshi kon GIF

Oh great!! I will give a try to both... I think I will buy Promara as I like that SB... Haha...

I will  watch Paranoia Agent before buying that series... I think it’s on Crunchyroll so that would be no problem... 

Thanks brother!!... ;)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hello again @Pbsw23🙂

Promare received a variety of releases (it's that good) on both sides of the Atlantic and from a UK perspective, you could order either the Steel, the Spec Ed or the mundane Amaray from Amz.uk buddy or from Amz.USA

Steel Link; Amazon USA

https://www.amazon.com/Promare-Limited-Steelbook-Blu-ray-Johnny/dp/B086PN2JK2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=promare&qid=1599171351&s=movies-tv&sr=1-2

Spec Ed Link: Amz.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Promare-Collectors-Combi-Blu-ray-CD/dp/B084DG26J5/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=promare&qid=1599170914&s=dvd&sr=1-1

Spec Ed link: Amazon USA

https://www.amazon.com/Promare-Collectors-Blu-ray-Johnny-Bosch/dp/B088T2D9MJ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=promare&qid=1599171419&s=movies-tv&sr=1-3

Note; price has risen since initial release,  😕

You may be able to get Masterblaster to order the USA eds for you.

I can see a new collection kicking off here.... that UK Spec Ed would look rather nice next to my freshly ordered SSSS Gridman Spec Ed 😀😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

More Makoto Shinkai Steelbooks! Children Who Chase Lost Voice is one of my favotrites, as if he wanted to make a Ghibli Movie 😍

That’s funny! It’s the only one I couldn’t get into for that same reason. It just didn’t feel like Shinkai to me.

5 Centimeters Per Second, on the other hand, is one of my favorites and quite possibly my favorite Shinkai.

Edited by DarthEd
  • Like 3

Awards