extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

il y a 3 minutes, Steelbook_Movielover a dit :

@MagniflyThank you for the link.

I made some researchs and the Steelbook is only available in the release of the official Japanese retailer, because it's an gift of the Collector's 5 discs edition.

I found the steelbook alone on Japanese websites, but the price isn't really good in comparison of the retailer price... If you're interested, send me a pm ^^

Here's a link to All The Anime site folks.

Might be worth bookmarking it (I have desk-top icons for all retailers that interest me).

While there, take a cruise. Some nice stuff on their site. 🙂

You can just scroll down thru their listings or you can do a search of course.

Note: NGE is not listed yet.

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
8 hours ago, Grendel said:

Thanks for all the insight folks wrt WWY, much appreciated!  🙂

Now, you ready for this?  🥳 I know @extantsrevenge is...heh.

Scheduled for 2021 and that's all I know so far, stay tuned.

EZRQo9xWAAAxoUp.jpg

Oh My God Omg GIF by swerkOh My God Reaction GIFParks And Recreation Reaction GIF

Yes Yes Yes GIFJimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy FallonYesssss Yes GIF

Exited GIF by memecandyHappy Jonah Hill GIFexcited bring it GIF

BEST NEWS EVER 😍 INSTANT PURCHASE. I think I'm going to buy a few Sets 🤣 Be sure to post here as soon as this goes live 😀

Neon Genesis Evangelion Clap GIFneon genesis evangelion thank you GIF

Damn, I'm so happy about this @Grendel

Thank U GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 2

^^ Heh, I'm happy you're happy @extantsrevenge@Trianna and others. 😀

It's kinda nice to be breathing oxygen right now with the releases of some old faves finally getting appropriate recognition!

- Legend of The Galactic Heroes

- Neon Genesis Evangelion

- Card Captor

- Akira

Just to name a few!

My wallets not quite as thrilled but I've been on cold shoulder treatment by it before...😉

• Like 3

Nice link @Steelbook_Movielover !

I know the author of the article (NormanicGrav) and he's been posting updates when he learns of them .

The scariest thing I read there was of course the potential need to select only ONE of the dubs for NGE, be it ADV or Netflix.

I have no personal info on the quality of the Netflix dub but I find it hard to imagine it would be superior to the original ADV dub.

I'll ask him his thoughts.

Thanks again for keeping this news prominent. 😀

Oh, very keen on grabbing Planetes as well, and will probably opt for the UK release of Demon Slayer as the Aniplex NA prices are shall we say...steep.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

^^ So, response regarding the dub choices for NGE;

Quote:

"The ADV dub is more energetic and overstated, whereas the Netflix is more muted and subtle. The Netflix dub is a more faithful translation, but sometimes overly so - “third children” when referring to the singular child rather than “third child”. The Netflix dub also loses the iconic ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ end theme.

A lot of the time I preferred the Netflix, but I grew up with the ADV dub, and Alison Keith, Amanda Winn-Lee and Tiffany Grant’s performances are intrinsically linked to the roles for me."  Unquote.

I'd appreciate thoughts from folks here that have experienced both as well (I'm only familiar with the ADV dub, which I quite like). 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★

OMG I just saw that they will also have Planetes on Bluray. That Series is simply amazing, highly recommended and 100% purchase

il56Xe6.gif?noredirect

As for which Dub they choose, I don't really care because I will watch in japanese with english subtitles, so I hope these will be perfect and not dubtitles. Also I want the original end theme otherwise the release will be horrible 😨, now I'm scared.

• Like 5

On 5/31/2020 at 11:02 PM, Grendel said:

^^ So, response regarding the dub choices for NGE;

Quote:

"The ADV dub is more energetic and overstated, whereas the Netflix is more muted and subtle. The Netflix dub is a more faithful translation, but sometimes overly so - “third children” when referring to the singular child rather than “third child”. The Netflix dub also loses the iconic ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ end theme.

A lot of the time I preferred the Netflix, but I grew up with the ADV dub, and Alison Keith, Amanda Winn-Lee and Tiffany Grant’s performances are intrinsically linked to the roles for me."  Unquote.

I'd appreciate thoughts from folks here that have experienced both as well (I'm only familiar with the ADV dub, which I quite like). 🙂

In german we had a fantastic dub for NGE but for Netflix they redubbed it with horrible voice actors. The only one who has experience and is a good voice actor is the one for Shinji. But especially Misato was unbearable for me so I switched to Japanese as soon as she started speaking.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I debated whether to post this here or actually start a new sub-thread titled "Anime Related Topics".

I still may do so but anyway...

Although acknowledging that shonen titles a re the dominant form for battle/fight themed anime, there are some very cool exceptions.

One, evidently, is Madoka.

I have for years... thought this was a cute girls doing sailor moon style show.

Well now... Watch this...

( no, look, I'm serious, VERY serious, WATCH THIS !!! )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grendel said:

I now want to purchase everything, with the word "Madoka" on it...

Hehe I really loved Madoka, already knew what kind of show it would be when I got into it. The crazy visuals of the witches and their lairs -the trademark of studio SHAFT- clashing with the cutesy girly style and the awesome soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura...it would probably be one of those animes unsuspecting parents would let their little daughters watch and then have to offer them some therapy sessions 😂

ffdba4da8aeed74667e35b82de103bf94d5d750f

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2020 at 11:40 AM, extantsrevenge said:

OMG I just saw that they will also have Planetes on Bluray. That Series is simply amazing, highly recommended and 100% purchase

il56Xe6.gif?noredirect

As for which Dub they choose, I don't really care because I will watch in japanese with english subtitles, so I hope these will be perfect and not dubtitles. Also I want the original end theme otherwise the release will be horrible 😨, now I'm scared.

Nils @extantsrevenge this looks interesting for me... do you have a link where I can purchase it please?🤔

• Like 1

Hi @Trianna , @extantsrevenge (and friends 🙂)

So, after viewing the incrdible spectacle in the vid I posted up above,

Just ordered;

- Madoka full series ($40), and

- all 3 films ($36)

Great timing in fact, as they were cheaper than I recall seeing them.

Pretty pumped over getting these.

Now, I was of a thought, after seeing a few adverts and some youtubers briefly mentioning it, (i.e. Gigguk) that Revue Starlight was a show with a similar style and theme?

I've since heard (from only a couple, mind) that it's not really. It's not as energetic or even as thought provoking.

I'd be quite curious if any of you folk have had opportunity to see any of it yet and if so, what are your thoughts?

Also, Fire Force:

I've heard some say they've really amped up the ecchi fan service (there ya go @Veum !) which disappointments me, as it looked to have a very cool storyline.

Anyone have thoughts?

I may order Demon Slayer and Promised Neverland (both Aniplex) tomorrow.

TOM has a point promotional on and I've got lots (like 200 lots). 🙂

Cheers friends!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel I did watch the first two episodes of Revue Starlight, but I thought the story and execution was rather medicore, so I stopped 😅. Madoka I also did not continue, it is so popular and I wanted to like it, but somehow did not when it came out in 2011, I might give it a go again later, but not a priority.

Fire Force did not pass my Trailer test, so never got to that.

Promised Neverland is a Series I also want to check, but so much to watch 😪. I never binge watch so it is a slow process 😄

😱 I just saw that Demon Slayer is #31 on the Popular Anime List on myanimelist, how did that happen. I think I never tested that.

• Like 3

Hmm, I'm actually surprised, @extantsrevenge that Demon Slayer has dropped so much on MaL. Not overly so, as that listing is frequently posted by Shonen (of all age groups, heh) that can have the attention span of goldfish. 🙂

Regardless, it has HUGE acclaim showered on it by dang near everyone and after viewing a few short clips of it, it's easy to see why.

The artwork is a brand new level of gorgeous and the characters are being extremely well "fleshed out", even or should I say, especially, the bad guys...😉

• Like 3