extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes! Thanks for reminding me about "Death Parade" @Trianna 🤩

Definitely need to pick that up.

I don't receive any streaming services or broadcast shows, at all.

Not because I can't afford them but because I know me and it would become just an additional time-sink that would kill the clock even faster than it already whirls past each day, heh.

For that reason, I'm always behind on the latest shows but, I don't or never did care about that.

I will usually research a show to the best of my ability before purchasing a Blu, including You-tube clips and non-spoiler reviews.

Especially with Anime, as it is so pricey for even mundane amaray editions.

And when a set of only 13 episodes (like Aniplex releases) can cost approx $150Usd, and that's just one cour, that research time is well spent.

I also lean heavily on info provided by discussion in forums (like here, 🙂) for any additional insight.

Now, with this mind-set, have I regretted any purchases?

Very few, to be honest.

I wish I could say the same about some of my premium releases.

I'm slowly weaning myself off from Pavlovian Dog responses to every cool lenti and Full Slip I see as of late, though...🤨

As for web comics, I've heard they are really boosting in popularity as of late.

Two new titles in fact that are really starting to garner attention have received shows, they are;

- Tower Of God ( Korean Manhwa title), and

- Noblesse ( also a Korean Manhwa)

I believe "Solo Leveling" is a Korean Manhwa as well and is getting high praise, so it may indeed get a show!

Here's hoping my friend!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Just a heads up folks;

It looks like Lionsgate are releasing an edition of GitS '95 in 4K.

Not much else known (yet).

Here's a link to one sight that mentions it.

https://www.hdmoviesource.com/product-p/13163.htm

🙂

@Grendel,

Have you ever bought from this retailer or know if they are a reliable & reputable co.?🤔

header_bg.png
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, just a quick update on the new GitS 4K release from Lionsgate.

RightStuf has it listed for pre-order, with a release date of: Sep 08 '20.

The pre-order price is cheap as Borscht ( $21Usd) , so the American anime crowd can place orders now.

At that price, it certainly won't be a "Collector's ed." which I anticipate we will see by next year.

Now being Lionsgate is releasing this, I expect to see it offered everywhere, it's just a matter of when...

Meantime, here's a link to RS and the beauty shot of the proposed cover art.

Link:

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Ghost-in-the-Shell-4K-HDR-2K-Blu-ray

Art:

031398318781_anime-ghost-in-the-shell-4k-hdr-2k-blu-ray-primary.jpg?resizeid=5&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000

I hope they keep that art. I find it very striking and attractive. 🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

I’m a little lost on the whole GitS releases. Did I dream or imagine that there should be an up coming Premium release of the original anime? 

Thanks for the update above @Grendel Would you envisage this being widely available (Zavvi/Zoom UK) as its Lionsgate? I’m still getting to grips with Anime releases and how they play out.

Also, does anyone know if Gantz-O is available to buy anywhere? Really enjoyed that on Netflix.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Pbsw23 ;

I spent fair time researching a copy of Gantz:0 on Blu and unfortunately, there's very slim picking out there.

I did finally find a copy with English subs at YesAsia.

It comes with English subs.

Note: it is Region A

Link:

https://www.yesasia.com/us/gantz-o-2016-blu-ray-english-subtitled-hong-kong-version/1063713245-0-0-0-en/info.html

Pic:

Gantz: O (2016) (Blu-ray) (English Subtitled) (Hong Kong Version)

Now, not to say there are not more out there, I just had no success finding them.

I'm also thinking we may see a more distributed release in the near future as a lot of folk talked about that Netflix viewing. 🙂

As for GitS: A Korean Premium release came available at both Kimchi and Nova a couple of years ago.

Sadly, sold out at both.

Here's a link to Nova at least so you can see what they look like should you elect to track one down.

They are HUGE box sets packed to the brim with all you will ever need for GitS.

Once on that page, select one of the items and then scroll down to see all the extras on its page.

Nova Link:

http://novamnm.com/product/search.html?banner_action=&keyword=ghost+in+the+shell

2 pics: 1st = Premium ed (Largest, has PET slip) and 2nd =  CE ed. (has most but not all extras).

1181_shop2_293046.jpgBLU-RAY / GHOST IN THE SHELL FULL SLIP BOX SET LE (3 DISC)

edit: Oops, almost forgot, you also queried if the Lionsgate new release will get a significant amount of retail options.

I would think, yes, as all the English friendly Amazon sites have carried most Lionsgate releases.

I've also seen them offered at places like Walmart and Best Buy, so I think due to the popularity of GitS, I think this new release will get significant traffic.

At least I hope it does!!! 😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 3:20 AM, Grendel said:

Hi @Pbsw23 ;

I spent fair time researching a copy of Gantz:0 on Blu and unfortunately, there's very slim picking out there.

I did finally find a copy with English subs at YesAsia.

It comes with English subs.

Note: it is Region A

Link:

https://www.yesasia.com/us/gantz-o-2016-blu-ray-english-subtitled-hong-kong-version/1063713245-0-0-0-en/info.html

Pic:

Gantz: O (2016) (Blu-ray) (English Subtitled) (Hong Kong Version)

Now, not to say there are not more out there, I just had no success finding them.

I'm also thinking we may see a more distributed release in the near future as a lot of folk talked about that Netflix viewing. 🙂

As for GitS: A Korean Premium release came available at both Kimchi and Nova a couple of years ago.

Sadly, sold out at both.

Here's a link to Nova at least so you can see what they look like should you elect to track one down.

They are HUGE box sets packed to the brim with all you will ever need for GitS.

Once on that page, select one of the items and then scroll down to see all the extras on its page.

Nova Link:

http://novamnm.com/product/search.html?banner_action=&keyword=ghost+in+the+shell

2 pics: 1st = Premium ed (Largest, has PET slip) and 2nd =  CE ed. (has most but not all extras).

1181_shop2_293046.jpgBLU-RAY / GHOST IN THE SHELL FULL SLIP BOX SET LE (3 DISC)

edit: Oops, almost forgot, you also queried if the Lionsgate new release will get a significant amount of retail options.

I would think, yes, as all the English friendly Amazon sites have carried most Lionsgate releases.

I've also seen them offered at places like Walmart and Best Buy, so I think due to the popularity of GitS, I think this new release will get significant traffic.

At least I hope it does!!! 😀

I don’t know how I have only just seen this @Grendel 😱 Either I missed your notification, or I didn’t get one. 

But thanks buddy! Really appreciate the work you’ve put in here mate. I am a sucker for Nova..... 😋🤫 Let the hunt begin! 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze;

This is yet to be released, we are so far, given a release date 0f 09 Sep '20.

Same as the slip-cased edition, which if you scroll up on this thread, you'll see my release info for (and very cool pic!).  🙂

Oh ok!!! Great!!

Let us know all the different editions this SB will have!! Definitely getting one!! 😃😉

Thanks man!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening Friends;  🙂

Well, the show itself I'm about to mention isn't new, but a release of it is

Re:Zero

Re:ZERO: Starting Life in Another World - Season One [Blu-ray]

I finally jumped on the bandwagon, after flipping a coin for so very long.

I've heard pros and cons from both camps and I've listened to a couple of Youtubers that I actually have time for (Geoff & Gigguk), which devoted very long episodes to their analysis.
In fact, I've seen so much of the show in sporadic viewings on Youtube, I've almost spoilt my coming experience with it.

Nah...
By my accounts, it is a lot more in-depth than appears on the surface and if one actually invests into the world, it has a handsome story to tell.
I'm not overly swayed by critics but if they have a history of calling "no-BS" then I'll delve into a purchase to see for myself. icon_smile.gif

Heh, I've spent a lot more on a show I liked even less...and I have two girls that would take it off my hands in a heartbeat.
I have a feeling they won't be getting this one anytime soon.

So, I bring this up now before its' arrival because I wanted to mention a PQ issue that has been resolved.

Funi, (go figure) screwed up the encode on the discs that were contained in the previous release 2-pack in the North American sets.

They held a disc exchange, for those that knew to contact them but I suspect there's a few folk that missed out.

I do not know if this impacted the UK/Euro Anime Lmtd sets / or the German Kaze sets.

So, anyway, they've just released a single pack containing all S-1.

Talking with others, the disc issue has been resolved (they've watched them).

Most of you are aware that S-2 has started streaming and I suspect we'll get a Blu next year.

I wanted to pick this up before they start getting scarce...😉

I do hope I haven't made things even more confusing than they were my friends!

It seems there's always some bloody soap opera when it comes to Anime Blu releases, heh.

(oh, and Beatrice is Best Girl!)   🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Hi Folks;

I wanted to take a moment to mention that "Konosuba" is getting a spec ed release from "AlltheAnime" (UK) in the near future.

I recognize that there is a release already available via Funi for the US market and via Animoon in Germany but this one looks to be pretty nice, so worth mentioning.

AtA Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/specials/products/konosuba-season-1-blu-ray-collectors

Pic;

KonoSuba: Season 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition

I was able to place an order via a UK buddy and I'm actually glad now, that Amz.ca didn't pick up the Funi release and the Amz.com release was ludicrously expensive taking shipping, import fees (which seems to be standard with them now) and then the dollar exchange into consideration.

Not a huge difference, other than a nice chipboard box and an 80 page booklet but still, for such an excellent show, I'll take whatever they throw at me. 😀

As for other news;

You may have heard that there's a number of companies that have plans for releasing the OST for "Attack On Titan" Season-1 on vinyl soon.

I think there's about 5 companies all putting their own designed LPs out.

Well, to give you an idea of what is being offered, here's a link to the AtA release, so while you are on their page for Konosuba, you can look up both. 🙂

Attack On Titan: S-1 OST Vinyl Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/alltheanime-com-exclusive-products/products/attack-on-titan-season-1-soundtrack-vinyl-deluxe-edition

Pic:

Attack on Titan: Season 1 Soundtrack - Vinyl Deluxe Edition

I personally have yet to decide whether I'll hunt these or not.

Much as I like the music, not sure I'd spool up the record for a relaxing listen.  😀

Also, if they do 3 LPs per season, that's nine LPs...hmm, that may be overkill.

Cheers Friends!

• Like 3

Oh yeah, also;

I see that "The Promised Neverland" S-1, is available on Amz.de from "AV Visionen" whom I am not familiar with.

Link:

https://www.amazon.de/The-Promised-Neverland-Vol-1-Blu-ray/dp/B081KRT1F8?tag=bluraycom04-21&linkCode=xm2&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Pic:

The Promised Neverland - Vol. 1 - [Blu-ray]

I'd recommend not sleeping on this title my friends, it's RED HOT and with good reason.

It's "Chicken Run"...with kids... ( or, "The Great Escape"...with kids...I prefer the former  🙂)

🙂

The only release available in NA right now is bloody Aniplex, which means $120Usd+  to purchase.

Same with about 5 other titles they are holding hostage that I want yesterday...

I'll no doubt buy the UK edition.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

Next;

A new release of "Moribito" will be available (via Amz.com at least) at end September '20.

Link (Amz.com):

https://www.amazon.com/Moribito-Guardian-of-the-Spirit-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B08BG96BLR?tag=bluray-033-20&linkCode=xm2&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Pic:

Moribito - Guardian Of The Spirit [Blu-ray]

I'm glad I held off from the previous ed as Sentai has apparently upgraded this release.

'Bout Time!  😉

Sentai Link;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order/products/moribito-guardian-of-the-spirit-complete-collection-blu-ray

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2