IGNORED

UHD CLUB The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (UHD Club UC#30) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD) [China]

ShadowWarrior

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mrdugan said:

I am the same way. If these were released with a much larger time difference I probably would get all of them. As the GB are all going up at the same time and already having Gold Label LOTR and Silver Label Hobbit, I really can’t justify getting them all. I’m just going to get the Godfather trilogy as I don’t have a premium already for those releases.

Ditto. There was an instance where my mind frazzled and I momentarily and fervently considered signing up for all three (LOTR, Hobbit & Godfather). But the prospect of being hit with having to pay for 9 releases in a short space of time thankfully brought me to my senses. LOTR nerd, so despite having the two HDZeta editions (Silver & Gold), I had little choice but to say a metaphorical adios to the Hobbit and Godfather. And maybe I won't make the cut for LOTR anyway.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, simonsj said:

Ditto. There was an instance where my mind frazzled and I momentarily and fervently considered signing up for all three (LOTR, Hobbit & Godfather). But the prospect of being hit with having to pay for 9 releases in a short space of time thankfully brought me to my senses. LOTR nerd, so despite having the two HDZeta editions (Silver & Gold), I had little choice but to say a metaphorical adios to the Hobbit and Godfather. And maybe I won't make the cut for LOTR anyway.

I enjoy the Hobbit trilogy, but not nearly as much as LOTR! And I don’t care if I don’t  have a premium release for Hobbit. I have the BB steelbook trilogy set that matches the LOTR set, which I'm satisfied with. But premiums of LOTR I must have.

I'm sure you will get in for the trilogy. You're Gold and you're requesting all 3 editions, so I would think you'd be safe. Hopefully...lol

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Wooden boxes to go with the leather bound sets from HDz. A dream come true for die hard LotR collectors. 

UHDC WW was probably the greatest release of the last few years. I wonder if they can top that with LotR?

Anyway, I'll be sticking with HDz. (if I ever feckin' get them!) To a certain extent I regret not getting the UHDC WW release. But then think of all the money I've saved by not starting another collection. :D

I'm fairly sure this won't be the last release of Middle Earth either. ;)

• Like 12

This has been a welcome announcement! I think...

My edition of TTT was stolen off my front porch so I now have an incomplete HDZeta set which is going to drive me crazy. This may be a path back towards sanity.

I absolutely love my Blade Runner and 2049 wooden editions. The art on them both was beautiful and unique. I am skeptical about the upcoming Green Mile and Shawshank releases because the artwork looks to be pulled straight from the movie poster or DVD jacket. And, honestly, I was a little let down by the simplicity of the leather boxsets that HDZeta made.

I really hope they can come up with some original and bold artwork to showcase how beautiful these wood boxsets can be.

• Sad 11

21 minutes ago, notdan said:

This has been a welcome announcement! I think...

My edition of TTT was stolen off my front porch so I now have an incomplete HDZeta set which is going to drive me crazy. This may be a path back towards sanity.

I absolutely love my Blade Runner and 2049 wooden editions. The art on them both was beautiful and unique. I am skeptical about the upcoming Green Mile and Shawshank releases because the artwork looks to be pulled straight from the movie poster or DVD jacket. And, honestly, I was a little let down by the simplicity of the leather boxsets that HDZeta made.

I really hope they can come up with some original and bold artwork to showcase how beautiful these wood boxsets can be.

@notdan I’m so so sorry for your The Two Towers being stolen, that is totally awful and an EVIL act on those thieves 😢 😠 

image.gif.da1f497217df034198fc1d8c286ea99b.gif 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (UHD Club UC#31) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray) [China]
39 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Print run is 300 copies and RETAIL price is 1099 Chinese Yen.  Keep in mind this is before shipping, fees and costs.  

Thanks for the pre-shipping price. I'd definitely have liked the Hobbit and Godfather trilogies, and am still mulling over the Hobbit as a companion to LOTR. But with the possibility that all editions (nine copies) land with month of each other, I'm pleased I resisted signing up to all of them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Print run is 300 copies and RETAIL price is 1099 Chinese Yen.  Keep in mind this is before shipping, fees and costs.  

Sounds more than reasonable, even when taking into account added shipping costs etc.

Now waiting to see how much Godfather will cost, hopefully it's somewhere along this range...

Q5TB.gif

• Like 4

Was waiting for BS (and hoping the GB didn't sell out) before making my decision. Just pulled the trigger on all three editions.

This will be my first colored wooden box edition purchase! When I saw the BS, my first thought was it looked a little cartoon-y, but maybe that's just because it's painted artwork on wood.... Maybe it's more accurate to say it resembles more an oil painting. In any case, I do like the artwork. Just sharing my thoughts here.

Maybe those of you who have purchased other UHD wooden box editions would be so kind as to share your thoughts on them.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, TechSpec924 said:

Was waiting for BS (and hoping the GB didn't sell out) before making my decision. Just pulled the trigger on all three editions.

This will be my first colored wooden box edition purchase! When I saw the BS, my first thought was it looked a little cartoon-y, but maybe that's just because it's painted artwork on wood.... Maybe it's more accurate to say it resembles more an oil painting. In any case, I do like the artwork. Just sharing my thoughts here.

Maybe those of you who have purchased other UHD wooden box editions would be so kind as to share your thoughts on them.

Love them.  My blade runner sets are treasures. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2