IGNORED

UHD CLUB The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (UHD Club UC#30) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD) [China]

ShadowWarrior

31 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I'm not saying you're remembering incorrectly my man, for sure . . . but, my work has been printed in magazines and books with a 4 color commercial process forever, and it can reproduce incredible detail and color.  I've also had some special retail installations that included other industrial materials including metal, glass, wood.  So, while possible, it seems improbable that this design choice was used because of printing technical limitations.  I'm open to being wrong, however.  Just my experience.

I vote we get UC to hire this guy 👆 to fix the front covers for each of the releases.

• Haha 4

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

We will have a big event coming soon. Keep your eyes open, especially when you did not like the currently shown design that much.

YEAH so those who really like the Unique artwork be ready my soldiers !!!  We need to win this Battle of Middle Earth , our very substance depends on the outcome !!

@Shaliber @ncraft @Chunkychimp @Fortis93 @E.T. and others who disliked the immediate choice of Art ... STAY AWAY ... LOL , you will lose the battle !! 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

YEAH so those who really like the Unique artwork be ready my soldiers !!!  We need to win this Battle of Middle Earth , our very substance depends on the outcome !!

@Shaliber @ncraft @Chunkychimp @Fortis93 and others who disliked the immediate choice of Art ... STAY AWAY ... LOL , you will lose the battle !! 

As long as you guarantee that Godfather will have this on the front cover, I'll support whatever art you pick for all other existing trilogies 😁

big_le-parrain-1-2-3_9410654.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, cypheria078 said:

IMG_1288.jpeg.5d31938aeb53d18a0e1a3c6bfb727127.jpeg

i know there's different get the idea but those fronts just wreck it for me personally, if they where going to do that the fronts need far more detailed and less of pop art deco feel and pastels it just don't work for me.

it needs to be sharp detailed bold aka like the back art a bit more, how someone calls that a final finished art is quite beyond me.

something tells me this will not do well as is, hope mp has not got a big order in and is only on sales here from the gb dont think it be a large gb if it stays as is.

one thing UHD just went down a notch if they actually produce this as the final and im sure alot will now wait jumping on a GB BEFORE beauty shots again with these in future, does seem silly to run a gb without beauty shots first anyway.

anyway i know of some members that have now learnt this valuable lesson as we all have done over the years.

basil  👍

• Like 3

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (UHD Club UC#30) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray) [China]
19 minutes ago, javi said:

The chosen artworks are looking good. But for me this is definitely a pass, because it's way to expensive.

I know, that people all over the world are still trying to rise their prices, but for me, that is way too much, unless I'll win the lottery...

It's not that expensive, considering the quality of the wooden boxes, and UHD Clubs track record on extras. Once they get the art sorted out, I expect these to be the definitive releases for this trilogy. 

• Like 7

vor 29 Minuten schrieb ncraft:

It's not that expensive, considering the quality of the wooden boxes, and UHD Clubs track record on extras. Once they get the art sorted out, I expect these to be the definitive releases for this trilogy. 

That's your opinion - but you are not living in Germany and taxes on this will be huge for us German recipients.

I saw, what I had to pay for the Jurassic Park boxes (not even wooden boxes!)...well, that was almost the double of my Blade Runner 2049 wooden box.

The quality of the wooden boxes are nice, never said otherwise, but the increases of the price is way to expensive for me.

Just simply can't afford it anymore!

It's a two months rent for me. 🙈

• Like 8

@javi I totally agree with you ... we can't afford all of us to buy many editions, most uhd club editions.

everyone is living in a different country with his tax & income.

I'll never be jealous with people who bought lot of awesome and expensive editions .... I'm just asking how they can afford all this. 

I really understand what you're saying because my budget is also limited .... in the end collecting great editions become more & more expensive, so we need to make choices. 

• Like 9

Awards

1 hour ago, javi said:

That's your opinion - but you are not living in Germany and taxes on this will be huge for us German recipients.

I saw, what I had to pay for the Jurassic Park boxes (not even wooden boxes!)...well, that was almost the double of my Blade Runner 2049 wooden box.

The quality of the wooden boxes are nice, never said otherwise, but the increases of the price is way to expensive for me.

Just simply can't afford it anymore!

It's a two months rent for me. 🙈

@javi I agree, this hobby is getting a little bit out of hand and sometimes is not as fun as it used, just an addition to a collection if you have collection or collections that you like as I do. It is getting a little bit expensive and almost a luxury for some of the releases. I’m personally looking at cutting (stop collecting) some of the collections, specially the newer or cancelled ones (sell them). It is getting pricy and sometimes is lacking the excitement, innovation, uniqueness and quality from few years ago when I started collecting steelbooks…

Edited by capricornio34232
  • Like 11

• ★ Administrators ★
8 hours ago, capricornio34232 said:

@javi I agree, this hobby is getting a little bit out of hand and sometimes is not as fun as it used, just an addition to a collection if you have collection or collections that you like as I do. It is getting a little bit expensive and almost a luxury for some of the releases. I’m personally looking at cutting (stop collecting) some of the collections, specially the newer or cancelled ones (sell them). It is getting pricy and sometimes is lacking the excitement, innovation, uniqueness and quality from few years ago when I started collecting steelbooks…

I agree @javi you should definitely set your budget and know what is best for you , @vinny91 you too !  As with every type of collection sometimes there are things that you need to pass up because of the costs and that is PERFECTLY fine , you do what you need to do !  Unfourtantly every thing is going up worldwide as we know so im sure alot of members are having the same "problem" as you guys, just not everyone will talk about it openly. 

@capricornio34232 you are an extreme collector.  I have known you since the beginning of time LOL.  Your lack of excitement is proberbly due to the fact that collecting these types of things has become mainstream , not as elite as it used to be in the day , where it took months to get stuff out on the market and when it was only 1 or 2 .  I think Germany Media Markt started the "flooding" back then as they always had "series" of films in Steelbooks at one time come out.  It was also just the Steelbook not all these "extras" that the industry keeps trying to sell us on.  Sure they are nice to have and make the edition "more premium" but it also jacks up the costs immensely.   

As for the statment about innovation , uniqueness and quality i disagree with you on that .   There are a few who try to bring something unique to the market .  At one time (and still is considered unique) these Wooden Cases from UHD CLUB were unique and therefore cost more too !  Broad Nation has brought uniqueness to the market with the MP Case and its overall design.  Another unique retailer is CE or the new IS , but those are things that people complain about (due to costs), costs is always going to be associated with quality of item.  

Im still waiting for the world to get better and back to some sort of norm but i fear that that wont be happening , we will just have to adapt and keep moving forward and if that means we have to sell some of our collection to concentrate on only the Retailers or Editions we want , then that is what it will have to be.  I can understand your "thoughts" and it makes me sad to see this happen to those who have really amassed a large (very large) collection over many years of collecting. 

Thats my 2 cents .....

So guys lets try to get this back on to the subject of this RELEASE itself .  We can discuss this further in the Chat area as it is something we all in general "problems" have and are not just pretaining to this one edition or Retailer. 

Thanks alot for your understanding .  

Take care

John

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Well. This is not the one I would've liked. But Congratulations to the members and the team at MP for the change most people wanted.    I'm happy to be apart of something that the Retailer made possible. This is a first for me. Very Awsome that they did that.   Thanks all . Just My opinion.     Very Excited to see final product in hand.  

• Like 14