IGNORED

UHD CLUB The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (UHD Club UC#30) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD) [China]

ShadowWarrior

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am happy for everyone that got the design they wanted while also very disappointed that we lost out on something unique.

I also think it was a big deal for UHD to be willing to come back and crowd source a design, but I think it is a dangerous precedent to set. I understand why they did it in this case, but I think companies, artists, creators, etc should be able to create the products they want to create. If what they create resonates with people, then they build a reputation; which is exactly what UHD Club has done over the years. They have provided many wonderful editions and I think they should be encouraged to create based on their ideas because they have earned that trust from collectors.

The loudest voices in society (especially on the internet) are usually the negative, angry, or disappointed ones. But I doubt any of us, as collectors, want these companies to be guided in their creations by disappointment in something that hasn't even been created yet! If they are then they will never take chances on creating something new and we will all just have shelves full of fancy versions of blu-ray jackets and movie posters. I want them to surprise me and take chances but I understand that I am in the minority. I personally think UHD Club would have created something very cool even if the mock-ups didn't do it justice.

I also think if something like this happens more in the future, we should really consider showing beauty shots before starting a group buy. I understand why people would be upset if they are locked into something they don't want, and being able to see what they are getting before signing up would allow the company to make what they want and people to make the decision of if they want it. I don't pretend to know all the things that may make that difficult to do though.

Anyway, nothing here is meant to insult anyone that voted for this design. Just expressing my opinion; I really am happy that the majority of members got what they wanted in the end. Cheers everyone!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, notdan said:

Well, I am happy for everyone that got the design they wanted while also very disappointed that we lost out on something unique.

I also think it was a big deal for UHD to be willing to come back and crowd source a design, but I think it is a dangerous precedent to set. I understand why they did it in this case, but I think companies, artists, creators, etc should be able to create the products they want to create. If what they create resonates with people, then they build a reputation; which is exactly what UHD Club has done over the years. They have provided many wonderful editions and I think they should be encouraged to create based on their ideas because they have earned that trust from collectors.

The loudest voices in society (especially on the internet) are usually the negative, angry, or disappointed ones. But I doubt any of us, as collectors, want these companies to be guided in their creations by disappointment in something that hasn't even been created yet! If they are then they will never take chances on creating something new and we will all just have shelves full of fancy versions of blu-ray jackets and movie posters. I want them to surprise me and take chances but I understand that I am in the minority. I personally think UHD Club would have created something very cool even if the mock-ups didn't do it justice.

I also think if something like this happens more in the future, we should really consider showing beauty shots before starting a group buy. I understand why people would be upset if they are locked into something they don't want, and being able to see what they are getting before signing up would allow the company to make what they want and people to make the decision of if they want it. I don't pretend to know all the things that may make that difficult to do though.

Anyway, nothing here is meant to insult anyone that voted for this design. Just expressing my opinion; I really am happy that the majority of members got what they wanted in the end. Cheers everyone!

You wouldnt be saying this if your design won

Edited by Intentcoin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, notdan said:

I agree with your sentiments for the most part.  I think there is a place for lines they have more involvement from the collectors themselves as well as those were a singular focus and ability to take some chances can thrive.  

I should point out, however, that we usually only launch GBs when we have beauty shots.  These UHD Clubs were the exception, not the rule.   

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, notdan said:

7 minutes ago, notdan said:

Haha my design was the original so there would be no need to say this...

I agree with most of what you said here. I, too, am a little disappointed the original design choice didn't win the day, but still happy I will own a premium edition set of this fantastic trilogy.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, notdan said:

Well said. UC could have done something quite special with their original design but I can understand why in this instance they were willing to 'cave in' to public pressure.

Unlike other popular releases (like Jaws, which greatly divided opinions among members on this forum), this beloved trilogy represents a great deal of financial commitment from members, so I think it was important for UC to ensure that the majority of those who took the plunge would get a product they'd be satisified with.

As much as I appreciate UC and the admins' willingness to placate members, I hope we don't have to get to poll stage again when Godfather beauty shots are released.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Well said. UC could have done something quite special with their original design but I can understand why in this instance they were willing to 'cave in' to public pressure.

Unlike other popular releases (like Jaws, which greatly divided opinions among members on this forum), this beloved trilogy represents a great deal of financial commitment from members, so I think it was important for UC to ensure that the majority of those who took the plunge would get a product they'd be satisified with.

As much as I appreciate UC and the admins' willingness to placate members, I hope we don't have to get to poll stage again when Godfather beauty shots are released.

I understand your point, but what if UHD Club decided to use the same MS-DOS style art that they did with LOTR? Would you still not want it to get to the poll stage? 

• Like 1

well first uhd wooden boxes ordered ever, looking forward to it and the matching numbers.

hopefully a fully detailed beauty shots of all contents as well.

lets hope they turn out well and they pack them BOMB proof!

can anyone comment on UHD packing as in it won't get damaged?????????????????????

Chemical Warfare Bomb Proof – NI Supplements

basil :D

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Hi @Basil

UHD packaging is pretty good , the item is in side a fabric type bag , then thats in a sturdy top opening hard box then thats  usually inside a foam lined heavy duty box … then that’s inside hub packaging .. so yeH pretty well protected..

cheers ade that puts mind at rest, just need someone to let me in the club now xD 

• Like 5

@Gary K now the art has changed gary was wonder if the july/august release date stands or has been put back a little now?

also whilst i think about it any idea rough idea when the money has to be paid up, need to know as want to keep it aside for near the time.

as currently my moneys are restricted a bit as been on the sick along while now and i need budget everything in, rather than here is your surprise bill at the last minute 👍

basil 🙏

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Basil said:

@Gary K now the art has changed gary was wonder if the july/august release date stands or has been put back a little now?

also whilst i think about it any idea rough idea when the money has to be paid up, need to know as want to keep it aside for near the time.

as currently my moneys are restricted a bit as been on the sick along while now and i need budget everything in, rather than here is your surprise bill at the last minute 👍

basil 🙏

As far as I know the planned release date hasn’t changed.   Payment will likely be sometime closer to the release, but might be sooner.  

yeah, I know this is vague.  Sorry!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

Hi @Basil

UHD packaging is pretty good , the item is in side a fabric type bag , then thats in a sturdy top opening hard box then thats  usually inside a foam lined heavy duty box … then that’s inside hub packaging .. so yeH pretty well protected..

I also do not yet own any UHD wooden box in my collection, and also wondered about the quality of packaging this beauties, thank you for this information, now I can feel more confident that they will arrive whole and healthy 9_9👍

I have also other question, is there any information on what type of wooden box it will be for LOTR trilogy same as for Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption or like Unforgiven? Anyone already know what height these two types of wooden boxes have? Because guessing from the pictures they are slightly different in size. I just ask to know on which shelf or display case I will be able to fit them without any problem 9_9

I am really looking forward to these beauty releases, although my wallet has a different opinion :P

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, yonyx said:

I also do not yet own any UHD wooden box in my collection, and also wondered about the quality of packaging this beauties, thank you for this information, now I can feel more confident that they will arrive whole and healthy 9_9👍

I have also other question, is there any information on what type of wooden box it will be for LOTR trilogy same as for Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption or like Unforgiven? Anyone already know what height these two types of wooden boxes have? Because guessing from the pictures they are slightly different in size. I just ask to know on which shelf or display case I will be able to fit them without any problem 9_9

I am really looking forward to these beauty releases, although my wallet has a different opinion :P

It will be the same as Shawshank and Green Mile. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3