IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Il y a 9 heures, extantsrevenge a dit :

51dd76fc-fcc1-4e87-9e79-bf7e3a5df168_tex

Looks like more colorful spine submissions happened 😄

Thanks @Rockntoni87 @JojoFrance76 @Martyn @bilbon @Tonic24k @Cornrow @camwjohn95 (how do you organize your collection?) @Wtd @Neil21Harris (not a spine rainbow, but it is okay with me 😜) @MoneySniper @lunazero @Ryan @ukade2327 @guri008 (you also need to tell us how you arrange your collection).

giphy.gif

@Martyn Halloween was still okay for Challenge 7 (I announced that before) 👍. Nice @Tonic24k Sarcastic Yeah Right GIF by Bounce

Everyone else that has not yet participated

are_you_psycho_enough_gleaming_metal_silver.gif.152d677375f98f9cb5620e1bbab11a7b.gif

I realised I forgot it a few minutes after my post so that I wrote a second one 😉. Here is what I wrote :

« Oups I forgot to explain how is sort my collection. Sorry for this. 1 library is for premiums, 1 for steelbooks and 1 for Amarays.

premiums : HDZeta are together with HDZeta, Weet with Weet, Manta Lab with Mantalab.

steelbooks and amarays : alphabetically »

• Like 9

Challenge 8:  Great idea for this challenge @Trianna!

Red: No Way Home Amazon Japan

Orange: Antman & the Wasp FAC

Yellow: Watchmen TOC

Green: Joker CM

Blue: Jaws CM

Purple: Guardians of the Galaxy Nova

Pink: WW84 HDZeta

20221102_220027.thumb.jpg.e1e3000ad196c485d32ec2eaba193983.jpg

For premiums I started out only collecting MCU, so those are separate. Now I have enough DC, so those are also separate.  Rest of premiums are separated by retailer on different shelf.  The steelbooks are separated by MCU, Bond, Star Wars, DC, and others that come in a series such as Shout Factory ones.  The rest are then in alphabetical order (sort of 😉).

Edited by Boilersteel
  • Like 32

Hello! Here's my submission, all steelbooks, thanks @Trianna for the fun theme.

RED - Friday the 13th: Killer Cut

ORANGE - Dune

YELLOW - The Bridge on the River Kwai

LIGHT GREEN - The Matrix Resurrections

LIGHT BLUE - Elf

PURPLE - Barbarella

PINK - True Romance 

I organize my collection first by format, then alphabetically. The only exception is for "collections" - Star Wars, Star Trek, and Halloween all have their own areas.

IMG_3185.thumb.JPG.88eca364349452048aef942a87ebbc6d.JPGIMG_3186.thumb.JPG.04cb7c209d53a80142a857567957c487.JPG

• Like 29

Lacking any horror film in my collection, the faint-hearted me could only sit back for challenge #7.🙈  That said, I hope everyone had a spooktacular Halloween!😈

Now here's to the literally colourful Challenge #8 from @Trianna 

Red - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (MLIFE)

Orange - Blade Runner 2049 (FAC)

Yellow - Dunkirk (UHD CLUB Wooden Box)

Green - Se7en (France Limited Steelbook)

Blue - TENET (HDZeta Silver Label)

Purple - Her (Manta Lab OC)

Pink - Frank (Plain Archive)

143063703_CHALLENGE8.thumb.jpg.d76e501a95888ef767cfcdaf459b2757.jpg

I sort my collection mostly by size (slips, boxes, etc). Based on that, my favourites are kept where I can reach most easily.

But since my previously measly collection has been gradually growing and I'm sort of running out of decent space, new additions will now just be stored where they fit among others. If necessary, I might have to rearrange some of my previous editions as well.😅

• Like 28

Awards

Love me some good colors! Particularly bright, neon colors, and especially a good pink. We need more pink steelbooks. Anyway, here’s what I’ve got to offer on this front. 

Red - John Carter

Orange - Dune

Yellow - Carrie

Green - Forbidden Planet

Blue - Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Purple - The Addams Family

Pink - King Fu Hustle

FC91403C-B0ED-4F18-B9DA-491AB3ED487A.thumb.jpeg.415dc814f4b98162ae3609e43eabaa0b.jpeg

So how do I sort? Well currently I don’t. My collection is a mess since I moved. Currently working on building my own shelving, so when that’s done I’ll finally get to sort and display everything. Whenever that point comes around (god knows when that’ll be with my lazy bum) I’ll be sorting by type (premium, steel, amaray), then genre within that, and then alphabetically within that. Get some sortception going on.

• Like 24

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

So much color this week 😀

giphy.gif

Thanks @Toapel @Catgirl giphy.gif@Boilersteel @hansreinhardt @nerdist @Ryan.miller.429

Thanks for joining the challenge @Jason Haskins, how do you organize your colection?

Nice and colorful @coupelle @Blu Magic Ray but how do you guys organize your collections?

If anyone is interested in more color @Pbsw23 did make a nice topic for the Rainbow Challenge for Music CDs here

Check it out

giphy.gif

Our next challenge will come from @Gentleman, I'm personally very excited about this one and I hope we will have many participants in that one too.

leonardo dicaprio GIF

Anyway until that is starting still time to show some color

giphy.gif

• Like 18

Challenge 8

I place my collection as follows:

OC by retailer and release date.

Individual editions by retailer and release date.

Steelbook and amaray by genre.

Thanks to @Trianna for the challenge and to all those who proposed the previous ones and those to come.

Red - Godzilla

Orange - Mad Max Fury Road ToC

Yellow - Sicario

Green - Matrix ToC

Blue - Pacific Rim ToC

Purple - John Wick Nova

Pink - Baby Driver

20221104_234132.jpg

• Like 22

On 11/2/2022 at 10:22 AM, extantsrevenge said:

51dd76fc-fcc1-4e87-9e79-bf7e3a5df168_tex

Looks like more colorful spine submissions happened 😄

Thanks @Rockntoni87 @JojoFrance76 @Martyn @bilbon @Tonic24k @Cornrow @camwjohn95 (how do you organize your collection?) @Wtd @Neil21Harris (not a spine rainbow, but it is okay with me 😜) @MoneySniper @lunazero @Ryan @ukade2327 @guri008 (you also need to tell us how you arrange your collection).

giphy.gif

@Martyn Halloween was still okay for Challenge 7 (I announced that before) 👍. Nice @Tonic24k Sarcastic Yeah Right GIF by Bounce

Everyone else that has not yet participated

are_you_psycho_enough_gleaming_metal_silver.gif.152d677375f98f9cb5620e1bbab11a7b.gif

Hi Nils,

I arrange my collection alphabetically, this way I know where exactly where each steelbook is.

• Like 5

Il y a 5 heures, extantsrevenge a dit :

So much color this week 😀

giphy.gif

Thanks @Toapel @Catgirl giphy.gif@Boilersteel @hansreinhardt @nerdist @Ryan.miller.429

Thanks for joining the challenge @Jason Haskins, how do you organize your colection?

Nice and colorful @coupelle @Blu Magic Ray but how do you guys organize your collections?

If anyone is interested in more color @Pbsw23 did make a nice topic for the Rainbow Challenge for Music CDs here

Check it out

giphy.gif

Our next challenge will come from @Gentleman, I'm personally very excited about this one and I hope we will have many participants in that one too.

leonardo dicaprio GIF

Anyway until that is starting still time to show some color

giphy.gif

Salut @extantsrevenge. Désolé j'ai oublié de préciser ma méthode de classification. 

J'organise tout ça par collection, les Marvels , Star Wars, DC... Disney sont rangés ensemble. Ensuite, pas de rangement particulier pour les films à l'unité.

Bon week end.

Julien

• Like 6

Well that time of the week again @Trianna what a challenge to find something green and pink in steelbook form

Well I did it in a fashion I hope 

20221105_171724.thumb.jpg.3571af2a32eb42942467b8e98d8171d7.jpg

Red = Zulu almost 60 years old and still kicks arse as a movie 

Orange = Best Buy Dredd you can never have enough Dredd in your collection 

Yellow = The Full Monty Yorkshire humor at its best

Green = Tales From The Crypt Drmon Knight  the one and only German Steelbook 

Pail Blue = The  Little Mermaid  one of my favourite Disney movie villans and crustaceans. 

Purple = Kimchi  Fifth Element  Dallas / Zorg Full slip this movie with forever hold a place in my heart. 

Pink = Horizon Zero  Dawn Forbidden West collector's Steelbook edition. 

Here are the bottom spines to show that yes the orange green pink and purple are thire

20221105_171801.thumb.jpg.59bc3c4c9191adaafa51014400478bdc.jpg

Now as for a running and storage order whatever that was has gone out of the window since these challenges have started

Scared Jurassic Park GIF

I try to run by retailer and or title if I have a clutch of the sme title I tend to group those together for company. 

Individual  I think feel happier in a retailer  group .

Good luck all trying to work out HOW my head works with this system 

I Love You Yes GIF by pikaole

• Like 23

My week 8 submission:

Thank the lord for this dragon ball set, made this challenge easy for me. I also dont have any organization right now on my shelf. Im just throwing OC boxes, premiums. and econos on shelves and filling the billys up. 

Red - Dragon Ball Super vol 10

Orange - Dragon Ball Super vol 1

Yellow - Dragon Ball Super vol 4

Green - Dragon Ball Super vol 5

Blue - Dragon Ball Super vol 3

Purple - Dragon Ball Super vol 2

Pink - Dragon Ball Super vol 6 

IMG-1954.thumb.jpg.52d825d5d175d54d47b7ecddf8cf3d7f.jpg

• Like 23

Awards

3 hours ago, Danny4596 said:

My week 8 submission:

Thank the lord for this dragon ball set, made this challenge easy for me. I also dont have any organization right now on my shelf. Im just throwing OC boxes, premiums. and econos on shelves and filling the billys up. 

Red - Dragon Ball Super vol 10

Orange - Dragon Ball Super vol 1

Yellow - Dragon Ball Super vol 4

Green - Dragon Ball Super vol 5

Blue - Dragon Ball Super vol 3

Purple - Dragon Ball Super vol 2

Pink - Dragon Ball Super vol 6 

IMG-1954.thumb.jpg.52d825d5d175d54d47b7ecddf8cf3d7f.jpg

That made it easy then...lol

• Haha 2

Challenge 8

Thanks to amazon Italy/Zavvi for providing most of them with their Harry Potter éditions 

❤️Red - Chamber of Secret 

🧡Orange - The Lion King

💛Yellow - Yesterday 4k amaray

💚Green - Order of the Phoenix

💙Blue - 2 Shades : Dark Philosopher Stone / Light Half blood Prince 

💜Purple - Goblet of fire 

💓Pink - Ghosbusters II (I have the Mean Girls 'burn book' steelbook coming this week )

As for the organisation of my shelves it's mostly a bookshelf for Marvel, one for DC, one for Disney, one for the Monsters/Supernatural (vampire/werewolf/HP) and the rest fit where they fit 🤣🤣 I try to regroup them by retailer and actor/director when possible 

IMG_20221106_121120.jpg

• Like 20

Challenge 9: "Don't stop the music". 🎹 🎶

In the Challenges so far, we've mainly focused on all kinds of editions for movies. This time we want to highlight an important aspect that can make a movie so much more memorable - the Soundtrack. Music is an integral part of any Movie experience and many of them have amazing soundtracks/scores. Sometimes the soundtrack has become even more famous or successful than the movie itself. Therefore, the upcoming challenge will also be about the music that is closely related to the movies we love.

We would like to know your 5 favorite soundtracks. Take one or more photos of 5 movies and the corresponding soundtrack. Both must be in physical format. Which format doesn't matter (Premium Edition, Steelbook, Amaray etc. for movies / CD, Vinyl etc. for soundtracks).

We would also like to know what the first soundtrack was that you bought. Please tell us something about how you came to buy this soundtrack.

We are really excited and look forward to the challenge and your posts. Have fun and let the music play! 😉

• Like 24

I'm very happy that I'm allowed to set the new challenge this week and I'm also going to start right away! 🥳

I've deliberately left Hans Zimmer, John Williams and Ennio Morricone out of my top 5, as I think we'll see both of them often enough in the coming week. Rightly so!

For this I have James Horner twice, also a brilliant film composer, who unfortunately died much too early.

For all 5 soundtracks the same reasons apply why they are in my selection. They perfectly underline the character of the film and enhance it by their quality or even give it its special character in the first place. And they stand the test of time... Whereas "Searching For Sugarman" as a documentary, which is only about the music (and the great musician Sixto Rodriguez), is again a special case...

I could have shown so many more, but I'll leave the others to you then. Anyway, I'm very curious about your selection! 🙏 Here are my 5:

232B5A51-E1DF-410E-8154-F800B1909BBE.thumb.jpeg.2e4f003660eda6bd83f0e2a9657e1327.jpeg

7FCFC8DE-49D3-40DE-B72C-174C511A3C22.thumb.jpeg.7a1ccf0e14f725e86eec10c34fac4f64.jpeg

6679D99F-F6D7-4F21-B33D-CF0643C6E661.thumb.jpeg.9335993bfcb7e755878086414a3cffc1.jpeg

68558E84-8737-46BD-8E28-1AD6897E9D69.thumb.jpeg.2f6f4f032299bc53fa890146b699b0c9.jpeg

E51714E5-A11E-4B2B-8057-54C386A177A1.thumb.jpeg.911601107fc3e14c34feec63b74e39f9.jpeg

The first soundtrack I bought (about 25 years ago) was not for me at all, but for my girlfriend at that time, who is my wife today: "My Best Friend's Wedding", at that time her absolute favorite movie. Many couples have "their song" at some point. In our case, it was also from a Julia Roberts film: Elvis Costello with "She" from the Notting Hill soundtrack.

3FBFE636-B8C2-4CB5-874D-98EB43D3FDE6.thumb.jpeg.197e6737755d8741cec77581d1372b18.jpeg

• Like 26

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Gentleman said:

Challenge 9: "Don't stop the music". 🎹 🎶

In the Challenges so far, we've mainly focused on all kinds of editions for movies. This time we want to highlight an important aspect that can make a movie so much more memorable - the Soundtrack. Music is an integral part of any Movie experience and many of them have amazing soundtracks/scores. Sometimes the soundtrack has become even more famous or successful than the movie itself. Therefore, the upcoming challenge will also be about the music that is closely related to the movies we love.

We would like to know your 5 favorite soundtracks. Take one or more photos of 5 movies and the corresponding soundtrack. Both must be in physical format. Which format doesn't matter (Premium Edition, Steelbook, Amaray etc. for movies / CD, Vinyl etc. for soundtracks).

We would also like to know what the first soundtrack was that you bought. Please tell us something about how you came to buy this soundtrack.

We are really excited and look forward to the challenge and your posts. Have fun and let the music play! 😉

Really cool challenge except i dont have any physical cds or vinyl left in my collection.  all of my music is fully digitized.   can only physical soundtracks qualify this week?

Sad Face GIF

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3