IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

6 hours ago, Basil said:

50% of that is the germans invading with sh1t gifs

There is no embarrassment when you got fook all actual English members

Me Edward and mike have been flogging this dead horse for 3 years now.

Unless it involves a group buy no one is interested and that's the sad truth

If they made a rule of minimum 50 post before you can join a groupbuy things might change in these sections 

But that would take the admins to come to that conclusion and realise how to force people get involved 

But without @Masterblaster and other admins blessing nothing will change unfortunately 

3 years in this bit has proved that so far, which is a real shame no one wants to get involved.

Some members on here been here since start and have a post count of under 25 and each one has been a group buy, think that's a case of point proved.

Anyway I say it come on english room

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Basil xD

Myself i join in 2018 yet Mag Terminator it's my 1 st GB here. Since last few months I been more active and hope I can be here more with the community..

• Like 7

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, cgbaxia said:

Myself i join in 2018 yet Mag Terminator it's my 1 st GB here. Since last few months I been more active and hope I can be here more with the community..

YOU HELD IT FOR 3 YEARS FOR YOUR FIRST TIME?!?! 

GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY, HE HNNGS!!

*checks joindate* Well I'll be...

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Haha 7

Awards

6 hours ago, Basil said:

50% of that is the germans invading with sh1t gifs

There is no embarrassment when you got fook all actual English members

Me Edward and mike have been flogging this dead horse for 3 years now.

Not to trivialise the (very fair) points you're making, but I love that your post follows directly on from @cypheria078's call to join the UEFA contest. 😄

And no need to fret about the page count in other rooms. 

@RileyLad, I summon thee. 

• Haha 7

On 9/13/2021 at 3:08 PM, Trianna said:

@Hollywood E Rock that tiny shield of the Cap. America had me rolling

Korean Drama Netflix GIF by The Swoon

What I want to know is WTF was he taking this shot for?! 

Worlds Most Disturbing Fathers Award? Mr. May for Prides Avenger Calendar? I mean seriously…. That’s a fully grown man posing in a pouch with a frigging frisbee 🤣

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

What I want to know is WTF was he taking this shot for?! 

Worlds Most Disturbing Fathers Award? Mr. May for Prides Avenger Calendar? I mean seriously…. That’s a fully grown man posing in a pouch with a frigging frisbee 🤣

My guess is that he subtly/not so subtly wants to advertise his stamina. 

captain-america-i-can-do-this-all-day.gi

• Haha 6

Just been taking a look at Marvel WWA’s on a certain bidding site, and whilst prices are really dropping out there right now, it never fails to astound me how many disillusioned lunatics are out there with entirely pointless listings.

Regardless of those money hungry dreamers, it really really is a buyers market out there right now. I have been toying with the idea a lot recently about parting with my Marvel WWA collection, but guess what… they are just not worth what I thought they may be.

The fact is (and I know this will likely be met with fierce opposition) this hobby is beginning to wobble. Too many scalpers buying up “stock” and flooding the for sale market, too many releases of the same movies over and over again, and too many streaming services killing the desire for physical media. I honestly think the next generation are quite simply not interested in “things”. 

If you are after a particular title right now, THIS is the time to go and get it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Just been taking a look at Marvel WWA’s on a certain bidding site, and whilst prices are really dropping out there right now, it never fails to astound me how many disillusioned lunatics are out there with entirely pointless listings.

Regardless of those money hungry dreamers, it really really is a buyers market out there right now. I have been toying with the idea a lot recently about parting with my Marvel WWA collection, but guess what… they are just not worth what I thought they may be.

The fact is (and I know this will likely be met with fierce opposition) this hobby is beginning to wobble. Too many scalpers buying up “stock” and flooding the for sale market, too many releases of the same movies over and over again, and too many streaming services killing the desire for physical media. I honestly think the next generation are quite simply not interested in “things”. 

If you are after a particular title right now, THIS is the time to go and get it.

Well, that's a major bummer. I was just looking at my Marvel WWA collection and have decided to part with it because I need the shelf room for other releases.

Physical media is definitely taking a downturn. People prefer the convenience of digital over the improved audio/video of physical. But, I think the number of premium/boutique/steelbook collectors has increased within the past 1-2 years and I would say a fair amount of them are millenials/gen Z. Just look at the GB numbers here over the past 2 years - they have swelled.

The resellers have gotten out of control and I think that has discouraged a lot of collectors. I agree with you that there have been too many releases of the same films and I believe that is why the Marvel WWAs are decreasing in value. The market is oversaturated with superhero releases, but I think everything else remains in pretty high demand.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Well, that's a major bummer. I was just looking at my Marvel WWA collection and have decided to part with it because I need the shelf room for other releases.

Physical media is definitely taking a downturn. People prefer the convenience of digital over the improved audio/video of physical. But, I think the number of premium/boutique/steelbook collectors has increased within the past 1-2 years and I would say a fair amount of them are millenials/gen Z. Just look at the GB numbers here over the past 2 years - they have swelled.

The resellers have gotten out of control and I think that has discouraged a lot of collectors. I agree with you that there have been too many releases of the same films and I believe that is why the Marvel WWAs are decreasing in value. The market is oversaturated with superhero releases, but I think everything else remains in pretty high demand.

Don’t get me wrong, they are not worthless but perhaps not quite what you’d expect. For every loony listing a WWA for £100, there are as many starting at around the £10-15 mark. Perhaps a flurry of bids will come in on those listings, but we all know they won’t sell for much. There’s simply more sellers than prospective buyers.

A decent percentage of my WWAs are sealed and I have the entire Zavvi MCU Lenti line, but I suspect if I listed them all I would be losing money. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t buy them as an investment and just like with anything else you don’t look to make money on 2nd hand items. It’s just that I know a couple of years ago was perhaps the optimum time to part with them.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

The fact is (and I know this will likely be met with fierce opposition) this hobby is beginning to wobble. Too many scalpers buying up “stock” and flooding the for sale market, too many releases of the same movies over and over again, and too many streaming services killing the desire for physical media. I honestly think the next generation are quite simply not interested in “

Yes I agree. A lot of people just buying to sell at stupid prices on ebay.

Another problem is that a lot of serious collectors are pumping all their money into new group buys. There's a lot of high quality premiums being released by multiple retailers and this means less free cash to pick up older releases. Especially on ebay when they are very highly over priced.

I've had to cut back on my ebay pick ups thanks to this covid pandemic effecting my finances.

I do also agree that there's some bargains on ebay now. I lot of people trying to make some shelf room and get some much needed extra cash for new group buys. But most collectors can see through this and will only buy if its a good investment or something they really regret missing out on.

There are a few things I'm keeping a eye on ebay atm but can't stretch my budget that far just at the moment unfortunately.

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Don’t get me wrong, they are not worthless but perhaps not quite what you’d expect. For every loony listing a WWA for £100, there are as many starting at around the £10-15 mark. Perhaps a flurry of bids will come in on those listings, but we all know they won’t sell for much. There’s simply more sellers than prospective buyers.

A decent percentage of my WWAs are sealed and I have the entire Zavvi MCU Lenti line, but I suspect if I listed them all I would be losing money. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t buy them as an investment and just like with anything else you don’t look to make money on 2nd hand items. It’s just that I know a couple of years ago was perhaps the optimum time to part with them.

What kills me is how people keep listing certain steelbooks for prices much higher than their value. Then one will come up for auction and the real value will be seen.

Does everyone then bring their price down closer to market? Nope. So frustrating when you’re hunting down a particular steel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

What kills me is how people keep listing certain steelbooks for prices much higher than their value. Then one will come up for auction and the real value will be seen.

Does everyone then bring their price down closer to market? Nope. So frustrating when you’re hunting down a particular steel.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve wanted a Blufans Thor for YEARS! Always being banded around between £180-£300 for a single edition. Then this year some very brave soul put a 1/4 slip up for auction and I won it….. £80 mate! I was over the moon. And let’s be honest, that’s about what it should be worth.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 7