IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

23 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Ok this gives me a discussion point to debate this fine Thursday evening.

If you could change @Hollywood E Rock “Masculine Monday” to something else, what would you call it? 

The floor is yours…. Discuss. 😄

What about mouthwatering monday magnificent monday. 

18 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Wooooaahhhh, ssssshhhhh don’t set him off!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472p7wnptz6euvlbyvrx

I long for the day she doesn’t appear on a daily basis. It has literally been YEARS! 🤣

In fact, he and his French counterpart should probably start a fanboy thread up over in the club section away from all of us weirdos that like different women.  😂😂

Lying Season 7 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

I Love your beautiful brain @Casiusco 😊🙌🏼

I am a self confessed, reformed Twitter addict. Now, MP is the only form of social media/forum that I am any part of. This probably goes some way into telling you all why I occasionally do a disappearing act. 

The world today is not a nice one (IMO). Everyone is Soooooo entitled and lacking manners. Even when a positive message is being delivered, such as global warming or the fight against racism, it always gets twisted and seems to become a witch hunt. Social media really drives that too. Apparently It’s fine to call innocent people out for their flaws and drag their names through the mud, and those same bullies regularly post “look at me” pics, which only cause harm to our highly impressionable youth later in life. Is it any wonder people are lost and confused today. 

Most of the time, it all just reeks of shameless self promotion.

Anyhoo… back on track, do we get a vote for “Mindfulness Monday”? 🍻

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

As for Her-Manta ... I'll wait for the beauty shots. I have the -memorabl, exquisite- lenticular edition of Kimchidvd, probably the most appropriate lenticular for a film ever made, as well as beautiful and elegant, and I find it difficult to be surpassed. But ... experience shows us that we have to be cautious, wait, and keep our eyes wide open. Just in case.

I usually don’t doubt Manta Lab but while I am excited (I missed out on that wonderful Kimchi Edition) I do have some doubts that they won’t be able to top the previous premium edition. I would be satisfied if they can at least match Kimchi’s effects in style. They honestly don’t have to release a greater set for me to be happy.

I’m fine with a set that is “just as great as” that showcases the underlying themes of the film. Manta Lab is usually very good about capturing the tone of films in their sets so I’m more positive that they won’t disappoint.

10 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Can you imagine, @Hollywood E Rock, having an operating system with Scarlett's voice....

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

do have some doubts that they won’t be able to top the previous premium edition. I would be satisfied if they can at least match Kimchi’s effects in style. They honestly don’t have to release a greater set for me to be happy.

The kimchidvd steelbook is really nice mate. But we all know Manta labs past history of WEA steelbooks is amazing. Their popularity has increased drastically over the past 12 months. I have no doubt that they will do a great job. I bet I end up grabbing a edition of her once BS are out.

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

The kimchidvd steelbook is really nice mate. But we all know Manta labs past history of WEA steelbooks is amazing. Their popularity has increased drastically over the past 12 months. I have no doubt that they will do a great job. I bet I end up grabbing a edition of her once BS are out.

Whilst not fussed about this particular release, for me Manta’s WEAs are only rivalled by Blufans.

I know most will be like “WTF? What about Zeta?!” But I don’t collect Zeta soooooooooo…..

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bvngj9j87n8xsici5q

• Like 6

By the way @Hollywood E Rock Did I just receive a new arrival for the display today….

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s391j5qj8lorbv79dz

Not ashamed to admit that I got a little excited myself 😂Will likely post in my thread over the next couple of days, and I think you may just appreciate this one so I’ll tag you when I do. 👍🏼

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I am a self confessed, reformed Twitter addict. Now, MP is the only form of social media/forum that I am any part of. This probably goes some way into telling you all why I occasionally do a disappearing act. 

The world today is not a nice one (IMO). Everyone is Soooooo entitled and lacking manners. Even when a positive message is being delivered, such as global warming or the fight against racism, it always gets twisted and seems to become a witch hunt. Social media really drives that too. Apparently It’s fine to call innocent people out for their flaws and drag their names through the mud, and those same bullies regularly post “look at me” pics, which only cause harm to our highly impressionable youth later in life. Is it any wonder people are lost and confused today. 

1st - Thank you for your kind words. I'll call you when I have a bad day. ;)

2nd - I also use Twitter. I have Facebook, but ... I don't use it much. And yet lately I have found it a very pleasant and perverse pleasure to delete accounts that I follow on both networks. Drop ballast. But I still belong to that generation for whom social networks are just a complement. One of the last generations that have not had their life recorded and published before they learned to walk.

3rd - Yes, too much people lost and confused. And "the system" don't try to change it, only to assum it and give them products and services perfectly adapted to confused people.

4th - You said it, all is self promotion. All the world thinking that they deserve to be the main character, as if suddenly the whole planet wants to be the funny one to watch or the pretty girl in class.

5th - Mondays are not my favorite day on @Hollywood E Rock's calendar, but I think everyone should have their time. It would be interesting to have a parallel calendar of things other than bodies, yes. Still, @Hollywood E Rockhas the neighborhood that he has, you can't ask him to change his house for our whims either. ;) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I usually don’t doubt Manta Lab but while I am excited (I missed out on that wonderful Kimchi Edition) I do have some doubts that they won’t be able to top the previous premium edition. I would be satisfied if they can at least match Kimchi’s effects in style. They honestly don’t have to release a greater set for me to be happy.

I’m fine with a set that is “just as great as” that showcases the underlying themes of the film. Manta Lab is usually very good about capturing the tone of films in their sets so I’m more positive that they won’t disappoint.

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

Maybe you would rather this release was from MAG. I'd bring a life-size wax scarlet. ;) 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Whilst not fussed about this particular release, for me Manta’s WEAs are only rivalled by Blufans.

I think Hdzeta gold label steelbooks are beautiful. Always nice and glossy. But I agree. For me WEA steelbook run in this order...

Blufans 

Manta lab

Hdzeta

Weet

Kimchidvd 

Novamedia 

But there's no set rule. Any one of these companies can smash it outta the park if they put some effort in. Problem is it can sometimes come down to the studios what gets the final approval.

17 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

know most will be like “WTF? What about Zeta?!” But I don’t collect Zeta soooooooooo…..

812209150_l46CpgXp98jEdCt0I(1).gif.79878805c60325844e6ace03a13aa074.gif

Just can't get over those left opening slips still can you? Keep em sealed then you'll never notice. 😂😂

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Maybe you would rather this release was from MAG. I'd bring a life-size wax scarlet. ;) 

Considering MAG’s past shenanigans with their releases I wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t think it would be a good idea though. Life size Wax Scarlett in the house would be problematic 😅

itQ6u0e.gif

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

By the way @Hollywood E Rock Did I just receive a new arrival for the display today….

Not ashamed to admit that I got a little excited myself 😂Will likely post in my thread over the next couple of days, and I think you may just appreciate this one so I’ll tag you when I do. 👍🏼

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Batman Dancing GIF

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wizard of oz dorothy GIF

Got to tread lightly here as I’m ‘Ol school (& loving it)… I was brought up much different (in a great way mind ya) in that we did not have social media or the like & I truly believe we have a bunch of softies in general… maybe what I call wussies, now they need to…

200.gif Animated GIF

• Haha 6

Dya know what @Casiusco, let’s get this in writing….

I hereby state, that I, PBSW23 do indeed view every single Masculine Monday that @Hollywood E Rock posts. Whilst Thursdays are my favoured day, it is always nice to be given the opportunity to check out the competition (😂). I do not moan about Mondays (yes I am looking at you @Benoit46 😂). I am not trying to change it, and it absolutely belongs in its rightful place of our very own Diamond geezers week. 

But what about “Mischievous Monday”… I’m just saying…. It’s right there for you to use….

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47uys2icnqrjdfiolzdj

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, RileyLad said:

h80NN6ISrEARJkPzJn.gif.99834b5430ae145ffd8dc8b720b3d220.gif

Yes please @LeGonze 🥃

Tequila has got a bad reputation here in the UK because of all the cheap rubbish they used to sell over here in the bars back in the 90s and naughties......

But I love Tequila! Got a real taste for it when I went Riviera Maya in Mexico for our honeymoon 11 years ago....

I find anything from Blue Agave is good.

Love a bit of el Jimador.

16318219344718674389356714729397.thumb.jpg.f144cbf26253ad6a29e40d6b9dd26f14.jpg

Yeah… We also get crappy cheap Tequila in our bars if you don’t ask for a good one… 😅😅

“El Jimador” is one of the most classic ones in here.. Good one… 😃😃😉

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Congratulations!

Drink one in our honour!!! ;) 

Yes I will!!… Hahaaa… 😬😬😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Stephen Colbert What GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Erica is usually pretty supportive of my antics, but I’ll probably have to do more explaining than usual on this one 😂

65Ke6Yf.gif

I know you guys got my back though.

secret smell GIF

Erica just give me a ring & I’ll tell ya the lowdown on Edward 😛 

image.gif.7d317a5a37b6206c9f2079b8b8cab1da.gif 

I’ll be by my…

i don't think so no GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Edward might be…

image.gif.68b8545447783bae9f8d420c9e52831c.gif 

Deal with it bro…

image.gif.4de7df1634cf9cc8a566f83d1e1603a4.gif 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Stephen Colbert What GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Erica is usually pretty supportive of my antics, but I’ll probably have to do more explaining than usual on this one 😂

65Ke6Yf.gif

The trick is to do as with the new editions:

- Ahhh, but haven't you seen it? If it have been here for many years!!

If that doesn't work, plan B:

- I only changed a few things place, but it's the same we already had at home.....

If it doesn't work either, plan_C:

- (Crying) Yes, yes !!! I'm a wretch, but tell me, don't I deserve a chance?..... I'll throw it away if necessary. I will sell it right now!

That's when you leave the living room with your copy of Scarlett under your arm.... showing determination, as if you were going to throw it away without doubt, and.... put it in the bathroom under your bathrobe as if nobody would notice it.

;) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

What’s new? You all in for Manta’s Her? That’s a pass for me. Not seen it but it def feels like a one time watch on a streaming service one evening to me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm also in the same camp as those who have yet to see the film, which means I'm not currently in for the Manta release. I may check the film out as some point, though. I have a backlog of hundreds of other films that I'd like to watch first.

10 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Everyone looking forward to the weekend? I certainly know I am…

One of the problems of being in lockdown is that the days seem to blur into one, long continuous day, where it becomes harder to discern weekdays from weekends and vice versa (and no, I'm not on any Tequila at the moment 😄).

10 hours ago, Hecko said:

Ive never watched it myself has never interested me so im not in on it. Yep Thursdays are great to bad he just makes mondays even worse lol.Chris Pratt Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Happy Birthday for today, mate!

BountifulAmusingCattle-size_restricted.g

Hope you have a good one.

9 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Hermanoo!! Right now we are in our “Dia de Independencia” holiday!!… 😬😬 Soooo lot’s of mexican music and Tequila/Mezcal!!… 🤗🤗

image.gif.193a628716f3c23b7f4f64e30d33fb8c.gif

image.gif.a8e010c39646d1859f6dfc49ad32afb4.gif

Feliz dia le Independencia, mi hermano!

mexican-independence-day-feliz-dia-de-la

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1