IGNORED

Manta Lab Blade Runner (Manta Lab Exclusive #40) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

I have thought a lot about this GB. Like many other Psychos, I adore "Blade Runner", it's a masterpiece, absolutely, both in terms of fan event, and in purely cinematic terms.

And since the days when I was very young and recorded it on my old VHS recorder in V.O.S., I have always made efforts to have it in the best conditions.

Under this premise, the logical and consistent thing would have been to sign up for this GB. And, also, this had to have been my my first OC.

But it wasn't like that, and I didn't sign up.

It's true that certain part of the design seems to me that it could be better; or, at least, more special. But still, hey, it's Blade Runner...

What made me not sign up?

That after having seen the huge, fabulous, special, yes very special, UHD Club edition ... buying now something like that ... it made no sense. Maybe I have not gotten rid of the frustration of having been so clumsy as not to have signed up for that one, but after seeing the work they did, and staying with the desire, I was not able to buy this one now.

If you haven't spent that money on something so good, should you spend it on something worse, or not so good?

This is not a disdain for the Manta Lab edition, but a huge appreciation for the UHD Club edition and the work they did.

I just thought about it so many times that in the end I let it go.

Maybe it's the frustrated collector syndrome, and one day I will regret it. I don't know. Who knows. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RPedro said:

ok, i´m new at this, so i´m trying to understand for next time i join a group buy...

had not realized that there was going to be differentiation between regular members... no problem :) will try my luck on 10th of September.

but it´s possible for someone to be in two lists for example in DL and SL?

i will consider this as a training for next GB :)

• Like 1

Awards

1 hour ago, RPedro said:

ok, i´m new at this, so i´m trying to understand for next time i join a group buy...

had not realized that there was going to be differentiation between regular members... no problem :) will try my luck on 10th of September.

No worries.
In general, we don’t differentiate between regular members and new members (except for the deposit requirement) when it comes to list position on GB, but this very demanding and in-demand GB required us to make some exceptional choices that will ultimately allow us to service as many long-standing members as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I have thought a lot about this GB. Like many other Psychos, I adore "Blade Runner", it's a masterpiece, absolutely, both in terms of fan event, and in purely cinematic terms.

And since the days when I was very young and recorded it on my old VHS recorder in V.O.S., I have always made efforts to have it in the best conditions.

Under this premise, the logical and consistent thing would have been to sign up for this GB. And, also, this had to have been my my first OC.

But it wasn't like that, and I didn't sign up.

It's true that certain part of the design seems to me that it could be better; or, at least, more special. But still, hey, it's Blade Runner...

What made me not sign up?

That after having seen the huge, fabulous, special, yes very special, UHD Club edition ... buying now something like that ... it made no sense. Maybe I have not gotten rid of the frustration of having been so clumsy as not to have signed up for that one, but after seeing the work they did, and staying with the desire, I was not able to buy this one now.

If you haven't spent that money on something so good, should you spend it on something worse, or not so good?

This is not a disdain for the Manta Lab edition, but a huge appreciation for the UHD Club edition and the work they did.

I just thought about it so many times that in the end I let it go.

Maybe it's the frustrated collector syndrome, and one day I will regret it. I don't know. Who knows. 

That is my reason also for not joining. Also not a big fan of the movie itself. The UHD edition is 😍😍😍.. Maybe someday I would buy it...

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 11:53 AM, RPedro said:

I'm new to this too! I was psyched that I was on the list for the double lenticular and that I would finally get to make my first purchase as a new member. And then very confused about why my name disappeared from the list... 🤣 

This thread has been very helpful in explaining things and giving me an idea of how orders will be prioritized. I thought it was first-come, first-serve. Lesson learned! Fingers crossed I'm on enough other potential group buy lists that I get to finally pop my premium steelbook collecting cherry! I'm #5 on the Cinemuseum edition for THE SUICIDE SQUAD, and paid a deposit for the UHD Club edition of JAWS. Hopefully I'm able to secure both! If not, well... at least you longer-termers are saving me money. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

3 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

I'm new to this too! I was psyched that I was on the list for the double lenticular and that I would finally get to make my first purchase as a new member. And then very confused about why my name disappeared from the list... 🤣 

This thread has been very helpful in explaining things and giving me an idea of how orders will be prioritized. I thought it was first-come, first-serve. Lesson learned! Fingers crossed I'm on enough other potential group buy lists that I get to finally pop my premium steelbook collecting cherry! I'm #5 on the Cinemuseum edition for THE SUICIDE SQUAD, and paid a deposit for the UHD Club edition of JAWS. Hopefully I'm able to secure both! If not, well... at least you longer-termers are saving me money. 🤣🤣🤣

@MikeH5856 I expect that you should be fine on both CM Suicide Squad and UC Jaws. We don't typically use premium tiers for those retailers. Of course, no GB is guaranteed until closed and our order is finalized with the retailer.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

Preorder for BR is friday at 8am est on collectong I think. Slim chance but worth a try

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vinny91 said:

@deckard99 Hello, 

I was surprised to see some people could not get a copy.

Do you think it's an exception please or will be it also very limited for next GB MLAB / Collectong ?

Is there a way for you please to know how many copy you will get approximatly in advance for a GB ?

Thank you for your help.

Vince

It has already been stated numerous times that all Manta GBs will prioritize tiers going forward.

And no, we can’t know in advance what our allocation will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 25 minutes, R1s1ngs0n a dit :

It has already been stated numerous times that all Manta GBs will prioritize tiers going forward.

First, thank you for your answer.

Actually I'm aware that Tier Member will be served first. I know that since many weeks now ;) 

In fact, I had asked to a friend platinum who request an OC + DL, and only get the OC because of the allocation. 

Just suprised of the allocation for this "title" compared to others MLAB / Collectong such as Interstellar ... that' all. 

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, vinny91 said:

First, thank you for your answer.

Actually I'm aware that Tier Member will be served first. I know that since many weeks now ;) 

In fact, I had asked to a friend platinum who request an OC + DL, and only get the OC because of the allocation. 

Just suprised of the allocation for this "title" compared to others MLAB / Collectong such as Interstellar ... that' all. 

I don't see why there should be anything surprising. Manta Drive, Interstellar, Blade Runner, etc. all had huge demand and sold out instantly. There are more collectors today than before, so I expect this pattern to continue.

4 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Newbie question, if you don't mind. Is there a list of which producers or GBs have prioritized tiers, or is it just Manta? The Group Buy Rules page referenced in the GB for Blade Runner leads to a "Sorry, we could not find that!" page. I tried looking at the Rules via the Group Buy Rules board, but the amended TOS posts are both deadlinks, too. 

Or is it just the notice of list prioritization on the individual group buy page? I notice the Manta Blade Runner page says "List Order = Request Order with Premium Memberships taken into account. First Platinum, Gold and then regular." The GB for HDZeta's Tenet does not have a similar statement, so should I expect that to not be prioritized by tiers? 

Just trying to figure all this out and a brand-new Psycho! 🤣 Thanks!

• ★ Administrators ★
33 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Newbie question, if you don't mind. Is there a list of which producers or GBs have prioritized tiers, or is it just Manta? The Group Buy Rules page referenced in the GB for Blade Runner leads to a "Sorry, we could not find that!" page. I tried looking at the Rules via the Group Buy Rules board, but the amended TOS posts are both deadlinks, too. 

Or is it just the notice of list prioritization on the individual group buy page? I notice the Manta Blade Runner page says "List Order = Request Order with Premium Memberships taken into account. First Platinum, Gold and then regular." The GB for HDZeta's Tenet does not have a similar statement, so should I expect that to not be prioritized by tiers? 

Just trying to figure all this out and a brand-new Psycho! 🤣 Thanks!

Hi @MikeH5856 The decision to apply premium tiers to a GB is made by the staff, based on many factors. In general we are currently using premium tiers for Blufans, Fanatics, HDZeta (silver), Manta, Weet, and Filmarena/Black Barons since we know demand will be very high. This list can and will change as needed. Tiers are used on other GBs on an as needed basis. HDZeta gold releases have higher print runs so we don't currently need to use tiers on those.

Our GB Rules are currently off-line being updated, hence the non-working link.

• Like 4

Just now, deckard99 said:

Hi @MikeH5856 The decision to apply premium tiers to a GB is made by the staff, based on many factors. In general we are currently using premium tiers for Blufans, Fanatics, HDZeta (silver), Manta, Weet, and Filmarena/Black Barons since we know demand will be very high. This list can and will change as needed. Tiers are used on other GBs on an as needed basis. HDZeta gold releases have higher print runs so we don't currently need to use tiers on those.

Our GB Rules are currently off-line being updated, hence the non-working link.

Got it! Thank you so much, @deckard99

• Like 1

So I didn’t make it into the final list for the GB. I’m not sure if I have the time right, I thought it was 1am pst but now I’ve read here it’s at 5am.

realistically, if I refresh the page on the dot, what are my chances of acquiring a double lenticular?

i’d like to know if it’s worth waking up or staying up for it. Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bizarrewitness said:

So I didn’t make it into the final list for the GB. I’m not sure if I have the time right, I thought it was 1am pst but now I’ve read here it’s at 5am.

realistically, if I refresh the page on the dot, what are my chances of acquiring a double lenticular?

i’d like to know if it’s worth waking up or staying up for it. Thanks for any help!

Depends on your time zone. It’s 5AM PST. If you are on the dot and have your payment set up, you’ve got a halfway decent chance. This is looking like it’ll be one of their more popular releases and the double lenticular, if this forum is anything to go by, is shaping up to be the most popular edition, next to the OC. 

godspeed

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bizarrewitness said:

You have to be even before. 

Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I could make a suggestion, @bizarrewitness🙂

Though I have not specifically bought from "Collectong" as yet, what I've done with other Retail web-sites is as follows;

- sign in about a half hour before item goes live ( any later and site could be slowed to a crawl with customers)

- set up a 'shopping cart' and toss anything that is available, into it.

- set up your payment method

- before checkout, await the item you want, to go live (the F5 button "refresh" is your best friend!)

- add it to the cart

- delete the holding item (unless you in fact do want it)

- check out pronto!

Most folks get hung up on setting up the payment and can lose out just finalizing the purchase, since other crafty purchasers have done what I just suggested.

Best of luck to you my friend! 👍

edit: oh, if the site insists you be a "Logged in" customer to purchase, establish an account with them at least the Day Before!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, MikeH5856 said:

So, I saw in a YouTube that to buy through Collectong, you need a customs clearance number. I’m in the US — how would I find this number? I’ve never done this before…

I'm in the USA and never had to enter any such number. Maybe it's only for certain other countries.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, bizarrewitness said:

Thanks @Grendel and @balloonacy! I'm really trying to go for this one so I'll definitely set up an account and payment details so I can be ready when the time comes. Here's to hoping it isn't all for nothing. 

Payment for USA is PayPal, so log into both your Collectong and PayPal account ahead of time. Best of luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1