IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

I really believe that the more group buys a member participates in, the higher their chance in obtaining a premium membership.

There are Platinum members that I've seen admit that they don't participate in many GBs throughout the year, but they still get the membership to support Media Psychos. I also think some of them get it as a status symbol.

In my view, if you really want to support MP, then donate to them without expecting a membership from them.

With limited memberships available, my chances of getting a membership myself are slim to none. In the short time I've been a regular member here, I've participated in many GBs. I believe I've earned preference because of this.

The more GBs you participate in, and essentially the more you purchase, you're showing more support to MP. Because of this, your chances of receiving a premium membership should correlate. I should be rewarded for that.

That's fair. The way it is at the moment, its a game of chance, and that doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by Whodini
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Whodini said:

I really believe that the more group buys a member participates in, the higher their chance in obtaining a premium membership.

There are Platinum members that I've seen admit that they don't participate in many GBs throughout the year, but they still get the membership to support Media Psychos. I also think some of them get it as a status symbol.

In my view, if you really want to support MP, then donate to them without expecting a membership from them.

With limited memberships available, my chances of getting a membership myself are slim to none. In the short time I've been a regular member here, I've participated in many GBs. I believe I've earned preference because of this.

The more GBs you participate in, and essentially the more you purchase, you're showing more support to MP. Because of this, your chances of receiving a premium membership should correlate. I should be rewarded for that.

That's fair. The way it is at the moment, its a game of chance, and that doesn't sit right with me.

Proof?

• Like 1

You guys have all been so awesome in explaining this process and informing me how it works. Actually, everyone here has just been super nice and welcoming in general! Glad to be a part of this community 🙂

Now...if someone wants to be super nice...hook ya boy up with a Dark Knight release should you grab it while I poorly look on helplessly. lol 

Puss In Boots GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Awards

5 minutes ago, damships said:

You guys have all been so awesome in explaining this process and informing me how it works. Actually, everyone here has just been super nice and welcoming in general! Glad to be a part of this community 🙂

Now...if someone wants to be super nice...hook ya boy up with a Dark Knight release should you grab it while I poorly look on helplessly. lol 

Puss In Boots GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

@damships keep your eye on this Blufans one not yet open here:

The Dark Knight (Blufans BE #61) (WEA 4K UHD/BD Steelbook) [China]

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, damships said:

That one looks glorious. How much do these typically run? I know they probably vary, but I guess roughly? 

@damships

With shipping, hub fees, etc. be ready to spend atleast $100.. that's just for a FS or Lenticular, OC is a bit more. Each will more than likely cost around that ballpark. The convenient part is that you are secured a copy depending on number of each edition and how many tiered members join the GB... usually there's enough for everyone. Good luck!

P.S. I would suggest to check the forum daily to see if the GB has launched. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Squeegie McGee said:

@damships

With shipping, hub fees, taxes, etc. be ready to spend atleast $100.. that's just for a FS or Lenticular, OC is a bit more. Each will more than likely cost around that ballpark. The convenient part is that you are secured a copy depending on number of each edition and how many tiered members join the GB... usually there's enough for everyone. Good luck!

P.S. I would suggest to check the forum daily to see if the GB has launched. 

Thank you for the info! I'll definitely check this daily. Don't want to miss out. 

Educate me...FS is Full Slip. I know what lenticular is. What is OC? Thanks!

• Like 1

Awards

2 minutes ago, damships said:

Thank you for the info! I'll definitely check this daily. Don't want to miss out. 

Educate me...FS is Full Slip. I know what lenticular is. What is OC? Thanks!

OC is One Click, which is usually a box set with all the different editions for a given release. You purchase everything in one click 😄

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi guys and gals,

sorry for the late response but the most of you know us by now and since everything is done manually it does consume alot of time and effort. My wife and I have been busy doing what we can to get some of this traffic out so do bear with us until we come to the bottom of the pile.

The tier memberships are hot in discussion at the moment as the Admins have observed different aspects within the last couple of timeframes that could/should be changed.  

Im sure the details will become available shortly , but until then all Memberships are extended for this Month. 

More info to come.....

@ksosk and @deckard99 will be running point for this upcoming cycle . 

Take care

• Like 8
  • Thanks 25

8 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Hi guys and gals,

sorry for the late response but the most of you know us by now and since everything is done manually it does consume alot of time and effort. My wife and I have been busy doing what we can to get some of this traffic out so do bear with us until we come to the bottom of the pile.

The tier memberships are hot in discussion at the moment as the Admins have observed different aspects within the last couple of timeframes that could/should be changed.  

Im sure the details will become available shortly , but until then all Memberships are extended for this Month. 

More info to come.....

Take care

Snl Thank You GIF by Saturday Night Live

44 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Hi guys and gals,

More info to come.....

Take care

5571DBF2-EDE7-426F-9060-FDC9C50D3C65.gif.4798c655fa06d15f34e2283ee8a6c536.gif

• Haha 1

Awards