IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

June was an especially productive month in the 'treasures received' dept, so thought it high time to post a nice pic or two of my new acquisitions.

These are from all around the globe (which still amazes me!);

Listing:

- Birds Of Prey; CM, 1-clk

- Last Action Hero; MAG, box set

- Eurocrypt Of Christopher Lee; Severin, 9 discs (Blus +CD), 5 Films and the 24 ep TV anthology Theatre Macabre

- Dark Waters; Nova, Lenti spec ed Steel

- A Story Of Yonosuke; MLIFE. spec ed Scanavo case

- Knives Out; The On (Kimchi), FS spec ed Steel

image.thumb.jpeg.18abfa13dc8b4bd643db1fdb5ff623bc.jpeg

🥰

• Like 27

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Also received the following; 😀

- Kitano Collection; BFI (Zavvi), 3 Films

- 6 String Samurai; Severin, spec ed box set

- Whiplash; The On (Kimchi), Lenti spec ed Steel

- The Nightingale; Second Sight, slip-box spec ed

- Revenge; Second Sight, slip-box spec ed

- Take Shelter; Second Sight, slip-box spec ed

image.thumb.jpeg.63fbd93367649b140ccca4c03d33b6b8.jpeg

🥰

Nice Second Site editions, I’m waiting on quite a few from the UK Hub. I seen they just announced Paranormal Activity. They are becoming my favorite Boutique Label distributor.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In addition;

- Animal House; Universal, (Zavvi), 4K + Blu, spec ed Steel set

- Scum; Indicator, 40th anniv spec ed box set

- School of Rock; H&Co, (Kimchi), spec ed slip-box set

- Backdraft; Universal, (Zavvi), 4K+Blu, Steel

- Speed (I); Fox, (Zavvi), 4K+Blu, Steel

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off; Best Buy, 35th anniv Steel

- Raya, & The Last Dragon; Disney, SM Life (Nova), spec ed Steel ( for my G-D, I have the non-steel spec ed for me) 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.9359bd4803d7d53431c6670917c3e7d9.jpeg

🥰

• Like 21

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Also received the following; 😀

- Kitano Collection; BFI (Zavvi), 3 Films

- 6 String Samurai; Severin, spec ed box set

- Whiplash; The On (Kimchi), Lenti spec ed Steel

- The Nightingale; Second Sight, slip-box spec ed

- Revenge; Second Sight, slip-box spec ed

- Take Shelter; Second Sight, slip-box spec ed

image.thumb.jpeg.63fbd93367649b140ccca4c03d33b6b8.jpeg

🥰

I have that Revenge edition too. It's great in-hand (much like the actress 😍😁)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Also received;

Listing:

- New Dragon Inn; Nova spec ed (I also have the "Dragon Gate Inn" release they put out a while back)

- Double World; Ara Media, (Kimchi), spec ed slip-box (amazing sword & sorcery spec FX, looks like fun)

- Mulan (animated); Disney, (Zavvi), 4K+Blu, Steel (for my G-D, also sent her the new LA spec ed Steel)

- All American Murder; Vin Syn, spec ed cover

- Count Dracula's Great Love; Vin Syn, spec ed cover (more Naschy nastiness! 😍)

- Bloodhound; Arrow, (Zavvi), O-slip spec ed ( modern take on the 'House of Usher' story

- Leap Of Faith; Shudder, Friedkin doc on making of my fave film ( @Fortis93 my Buddy, I think this may interest you 😉)

- Possessor; Blu, Kid Cronenberg at the helm, looks great, seems many like it. (I have most of his Dad's fliks)

- Viy (orig); Eureka (MoC), Scanavo ( I also have the gorgeous Severin spec ed)

image.thumb.jpeg.e943d3197d96ca3fdd1d65ba1c813d6c.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 20

Just as a closing afterthought, I thought I'd mention a book I received that others may find of interest as it's a recent release.

In 1979, I purchased David Day's "A Tolkien Bestiary" which provides stellar blk&wht as well as colour artwork and write-ups on the many varied folks and beasties in Tolkien's expansive world.

Well Mr Day has been arduously stepping up on his vast knowledge of this world and has recently released a gorgeous Leatherbound edition of his updated and expanded on

"Tolkien Encyclopedia", released in 2019.

I have ALL of Tolkien's works, and yes I do mean all (including everything his Son Chris has provided us), in beautiful HCs but that collection would take a 'day' to put out and capture a pic of. Maybe someday, if anyone has interest, I'll do so.

That includes the Old Man's translation of "Sir Gawain & The Green Knight" in a very handsome slip-cased Collector's ed.

Very much looking forward to seeing the new film on that. 😊

Anyway, I wanted to share this pic and hopefully another Tolkien enthusiast will find this new edition of Day's Encyclopaedia  of interest;

image.thumb.jpeg.bbf9e10a138e195b91bcfeaaa2a7d78e.jpeg

🥰  🥳

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 19

Thanks very much @RAK and @deckard99 for your kind and supportive words.

I very much agree, Second Sight has been providing jaw-drop quality spec eds of some very noteworthy films. 😍

I have pretty much all of them now (still need "World On A Wire") and awaiting their announced new releases;

- The Krays

- The Babadook

- Lake Mungo, and hopefully this year,

- Dog Soldiers 🥳

Thanks much @RAK for the heads-up on their forthcoming "Paranormal Activity". 🤘

Not a series of films that entirely won me over but I see it's just the 1st flik they are providing, so I'll grab that at least.

Cheers my friends!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Grendel said:

Also received;

Listing:

- New Dragon Inn; Nova spec ed (I also have the "Dragon Gate Inn" release they put out a while back)

- Double World; Ara Media, (Kimchi), spec ed slip-box (amazing sword & sorcery spec FX, looks like fun)

- Mulan (animated); Disney, (Zavvi), 4K+Blu, Steel (for my G-D, also sent her the new LA spec ed Steel)

- All American Murder; Vin Syn, spec ed cover

- Count Dracula's Great Love; Vin Syn, spec ed cover (more Naschy nastiness! 😍)

- Bloodhound; Arrow, (Zavvi), O-slip spec ed ( modern take on the 'House of Usher' story

- Leap Of Faith; Shudder, Friedkin doc on making of my fave film ( @Fortis93 my Buddy, I think this may interest you 😉)

- Possessor; Blu, Kid Cronenberg at the helm, looks great, seems many like it. (I have most of his Dad's fliks)

- Viy (orig); Eureka (MoC), Scanavo ( I also have the gorgeous Severin spec ed)

image.thumb.jpeg.e943d3197d96ca3fdd1d65ba1c813d6c.jpeg

🥰

As always, you're don't mess around with these hauls, mate. 

Awesome stuff. 👍

And I did watch 'Leap of Faith' a few months ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great to see more behind the scenes stuff for one of the greatest movies ever made (in our humble opinion, of course 😉). 

I do plan on getting it soon, though, so thanks for the reminder/heads up! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi @Fortis93😀

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the show my friend. I'll be sure to spin it up this weekend.

I've seen a doc on Youtube some time ago about the bizarre circumstances that took place on set during the making of The Exorcist but I think that's the same as the extra on the spec ed disc.

This is totally new as I understand. Glad you had a chance to see it.

Oh, btw, there's a few of my additional treasure Posts above the one I mentioned you in Buddy.

June was a good month.  😉

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Fortis93😀

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the show my friend. I'll be sure to spin it up this weekend.

I've seen a doc on Youtube some time ago about the bizarre circumstances that took place on set during the making of The Exorcist but I think that's the same as the extra on the spec ed disc.

This is totally new as I understand. Glad you had a chance to see it.

Oh, btw, there's a few of my additional treasure Posts above the one I mentioned you in Buddy.

June was a good month.  😉

Like I said, you don't mess around. 

A brilliant kaleidoscope of various films, editions and collectibles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1