IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

I agree @RAK that Shout/Scream has a huge collection of films in the pipe that have my keen interest;

- Brotherhood Of The Wolf; (Ordered)

- Deadzone; (ordered)

- House Of Wax; (garbage but may order for giggles)

- Elvira's Haunted Hills; ( flipping a coin on the signed poster right now...)

- The Vigil; (I enjoy different takes like this on a stale genre) (ordered)

- Alone in The Dark; (original, Palance & Pleasence) awesome!!! (ordered)

- The new "Halloween" releases; (not sure which ones I want yet, as I have the 15 set)

These folks are on fire and I hope it continues.

There's also a few older titles I'd like to snag before they disappear. 😉

• Like 5

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I agree @RAK that Shout/Scream has a huge collection of films in the pipe that have my keen interest;

- Brotherhood Of The Wolf; (Ordered)

- Deadzone; (ordered)

- House Of Wax; (garbage but may order for giggles)

- Elvira's Haunted Hills; ( flipping a coin on the signed poster right now...)

- The Vigil; (I enjoy different takes like this on a stale genre) (ordered)

- Alone in The Dark; (original, Palance & Pleasence) awesome!!! (ordered)

- The new "Halloween" releases; (not sure which ones I want yet, as I have the 15 set)

These folks are on fire and I hope it continues.

There's also a few older titles I'd like to snag before they disappear. 😉

-I just ordered all 5 Halloween 4K’s (And I like the artwork despite everyone else’s opinion)

-I have Brotherhood of the Wolves ordered. I haven’t seen this but it looked good.

-Alone in the Dark, and Elvira’s Haunted Hills. I don’t think I’ve seen either of these also. But every time I see something about Elvira it reminds of back in the day watching USA UP All Night with Gilbert Godfrey and all the cheesy B-Rated movies.

- Dead Zone is ordered, and I just got my Poster, and Movie from SF of House of Wax.

- Never heard of “The Vigil.”

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Actually Buddy, I'm so far just leaning on the deluxe ed for Halloween III, which as we know, is @extantsrevenge, fave film of all time!  🤡

As I'm not 4k yet (not anticipate being so in the near future), most of these would be money poorly spent but we'll see....

@extantsrevenge knows I'm unironically a big fan of that one.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Elvira is well, Elvira.

She is iconic in the "Hosting of Cinema Shlock" genre and has probably a bigger cult following than Rod Serling at this time (ya know, being cuter and like um, alive and all...)

Having her films is more than a tribute to the fliks themselves but an honouring of the exceptional work she provided to keeping silly, inane and cheap, sci-fi and horror films from disappearing into the void of obscurity (that well, some of them rightly deserve, heh).

Cassandra Peterson in her own right has an inestimable charm about her that will last LONG past her retirement.

Do yourself a favour, grab a piece of eye-candy history while ya can @RAK 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Elvira is well, Elvira.

She is iconic in the "Hosting of Cinema Shlock" genre and has probably a bigger cult following than Rod Serling at this time (ya know, being cuter and like um, alive and all...)

Having her films is more than a tribute to the fliks themselves but an honouring of the exceptional work she provided to keeping silly, inane and cheap, sci-fi and horror films from disappearing into the void of obscurity (that well, some of them rightly deserve, heh).

Cassandra Peterson in her own right has an inestimable charm about her that will last LONG past her retirement.

Do yourself a favour, grab a piece of eye-candy history while ya can @RAK 😉

Sorry, I know who Elvira is, just can’t remember which movies I have seen with her growing up. 

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Parzival said:

X-MEN series Zavvi lenticulars

Screenshot_20210711_004010.jpg

Screenshot_20210711_004024.jpg

Screenshot_20210711_004036.jpg

Don't you just love it when you get those lenti editions with the actual lenti half way out the door. :D

Sometimes you can get lucky and move them back in to position without tearing the seal.

Or open them of course. But why anyone would want to watch those rubbish X-Men films is beyond me. 

OK, maybe Logan at a pinch.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would certainly open them; not for the fact of seeing them, but for not having to see the letters and the front stamps as well as the back of the steelbook. Some even get better if you remove the lenti, to my surprise.

And please, you can't put the X-Men movies on a par with Logan. They don't even reach the height of that little girl's ankles.

x-men logan GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Yes, really. 😄

X1 and X2 really started setting the template for the MCU, drawing on the sense of reality and verisimilitude created in Richard Donner's "Superman: The Movie".

Even Christopher Nolan was looking to what Bryan Singer had done when preparing "Batman Begins".

X1, X2, First Class, DOFP, Logan Wolverine are good.

The rest are mediocre, not saying I don’t enjoy them. But nowhere as good as the previously mentioned. But I also don’t take this series of movies as seriously as most. Just some popcorn flicks.

And don’t let @DodgyDaveget to you, I’m sure there are tons of movies that he enjoys that we both would think are trash.

Edited by RAK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RAK said:

X1, X2, First Class, DOFP, Logan Wolverine are good.

The rest are mediocre, not saying I don’t enjoy them. But nowhere as good as the previously mentioned. But I also don’t take this series of movies as seriously as most. Just some popcorn flicks.

I like them as fun popcorn entertainment, too. I haven't read any of the comic books, so I don't know how faithful they are as adaptations.

And maybe a slightly controversial opinion, but I think they had some memorable action set-pieces that have aged quite well (marrying CGI at the time with practical effects). Ones that would give most of those in the MCU a run for their money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Fortis93 said:

I like them as fun popcorn entertainment, too. I haven't read any of the comic books, so I don't know how faithful they are as adaptations.

And maybe a slightly controversial opinion, but I think they had some memorable action set-pieces that have aged quite well (marrying CGI at the time with practical effects). Ones that would give most of those in the MCU a run for their money.

Next you’ll be telling me how good Fantastic Four was. :D

• Haha 7