IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening My Friends;  😀

I thought I'd take a moment to share some pics of lovely new editions I've been fortunate to receive;

Listing;

- In the Mood For Love; Nova, spec ed Lenti & FS Steel

- Battle Royale; Arrow, super duper wowsers set ( 1st +2nd films, Theatre + Dir cuts) many extras

- Chunking Express; Crit (finally upgraded my dvd)

- Beasts Clawing At Straws; InjoIngan (via Nova) spec ed slip-cased Scanavo + extras

- Great War Of Archimedes; WellGo, amaray (politics behind the building of the Yamato Battleship)

image.thumb.jpeg.0685b2af96d275331e32ef780fa682da.jpeg

🥰

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

In Addition;

- Creepozoids; Wicked Media, MB (Linnea Quigley's bountiful assets + morons vs monsters innn spaaaace!)

- Edge Of Sanity; Wicked Media, MB, (Perkins as a modern Jekyll & Hyde, it's the cocaine!)

- Sawney: Flesh Of Man; Wicked Media, MB, (modernized telling of the Scot cannibal mythos) not great, not terrible.

- Shiver Of The Vampire; Wicked Media, MB, (more Jean Rollin naked damsels in distress)

- Lurking Fear; Full Moon, scanavo, (Coombs tries his best to liven up another Chuck Band ho-hum very loosely based on H.P.)

- RawHead Rex; Kino, Steel, (I have the spec ed but I had to get this, it's bloody RAWHEAD REX!!!!) to turn a phrase...

image.thumb.jpeg.2feafd39e3dc38574da361608f1820e4.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

@Grendel Once again, a fine display of various editions.

Not to veer this thread off on too much of a tangent, but since we were talking about the Leap of Faith documentary last time, I recently watched another documentary called 'Miller's Tale', about the actor who played Fr. Damien Karras in the film.

Quite an interesting watch if you haven't seen it already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Also;

- Major Dundee; Arrow, spec ed slip-cased. (Peckinpah, Heston, Harris, Berger, perfect)

- Karloff At Columbia; Eureka, 6 film set. (some really great old murder mysteries here)

- Pet Sematary Two; Shout, slip amaray ( Ed Furlong in a not great but not bad sequel) ymmv...

image.thumb.jpeg.b050d5ea242f44f5f3ee54ec4ef3947d.jpeg

🥰

Been tempted with Pet Sematary 2, but am hesitant since it seems that not too many like it.

• Like 4

^^ Well, a lot of people don't have the inclination to see past the lower qualities of some films and compare it to the original, which can rarely be done successfully.

This is not a great film but it does have a certain charm about it that oversteps the hurdles I think it needed to overcome in order to even link to the original.

It's cheap, you can do worse. I got it more for nostalgia than any love for the flik, heh. 😉

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Well, a lot of people don't have the inclination to see past the lower qualities of some films and compare it to the original, which can rarely be done successfully.

This is not a great film but it does have a certain charm about it that oversteps the hurdles I think it needed to overcome in order to even link to the original.

It's cheap, you can do worse. I got it more for nostalgia than any love for the flik, heh. 😉

Might grab it one day to check out, but it’s at the bottom of the SF list as there are so many that I’m after since I have only been collecting them for a couple of years.  But I appreciate your critique, and it helps a little.

• Like 3